Please Fix Tinker Trapped Locked Boxes!

Don Key

Master
You seriously said that using an axe on a box shouldn't blow it up because you aren't "opening" it?

There's a reason no staff is responding to this thread... it's because it is a stupid idea. Get remove trap if you want to open them.

halygon

Grandmaster
You seriously said that using an axe on a box shouldn't blow it up because you aren't "opening" it?

There's a reason no staff is responding to this thread... it's because it is a stupid idea. Get remove trap if you want to open them.
Yeah, using an axe is not opening a box -- so no.

I think you missed the whole point but that's ok.

Thanks for the bump to spread awareness of this unresolved bug/issue.

Don Key

Master
The point is you want to un-trap a trapped box without using the REMOVE TRAP skill.

Using an axe IS opening a box..

halygon

Grandmaster
The point is you want to un-trap a trapped box without using the REMOVE TRAP skill.

Using an axe IS opening a box..
Actually thats not the point. When you create a tinker trapped box, the key is supposed to arm or disarm the trap.. In fact it gives a message to that effect -- it just doesn't do it because its broke.

Using an axe IS DESTORYING a box -- not opening.

Don Key

Master
Who cares what it's supposed to do. We already had this conversation, this isn't an era specific shard.

When you crush the box with an axe, is it open or closed afterwards? That's what I thought. How can you even argue to have a trap magically not work when you take an axe to it?

halygon

Grandmaster
Who cares what it's supposed to do. We already had this conversation, this isn't an era specific shard.

When you crush the box with an axe, is it open or closed afterwards? That's what I thought. How can you even argue to have a trap magically not work when you take an axe to it?
Well -- I for one care what its supposed to do because I want to use them in the fashion they were originally designed. I mean hell -- have you seen this thread? I do care.

When you crush the box with an axe -- it is neither opened nor closed -- the box doesn't exist anymore.

I know you love to argue with me -- so thanks for the bump yet again.