Poll: Slower bandages

Slower bandages, bad or good?

• Total voters

Lexington

Grandmaster
I haven't put any real thought into this but maybe someone else will. What if bandage timer also took into consideration the character's intelligence. I don't see a "pure dexxer" having too high INT, obviously they don't want to be mind blasted but they aren't going to have 45+ INT. Anyway, I'm just spitballin' I don't know if it's a good idea or not. Maybe someone could build on that or pick it apart.

I like where you're going with this. It would help separate the "uoforever dexer" and the pure.

Lol the form auto corrects my h-ybrid dexer to UOforever

Abiding Dude

Journeyman
There is no way this is true.

H ybrid barbed armor + blessed AR clothing gives 28 AR. UOForever barbed armor + blessed AR clothing gives 28 AR (30 with a +5 faction robe). If both H ybrid and UOF independently lowered their leather AR values, maybe there was a reason.

Explain. If you're purely talking about axes, say it.

You mean no stam loss when RUNNING? If so, say it.

Relative to WHAT? Last I checked, the hit chance is 50% against a target of equal skill, just like UO has ALWAYS been on EVERY server.

Now for fun, here's my barbed armor mage standing toe-to-toe against a valorite-katana-using warrior who has 120 str, 110 dex, and explosion potions every five seconds that never miss. Dexxer damage is too OP, guuuuuuyz! REMOVE PURPLE POTS!

If they lowered Barbed AR just like hyrbid, then they should have bandage timers just like hyrbids.

Axes 100%, from what I hear all weapon damaged was slightly increased. Would need more clarification from staff on the matter.

You get what i mean lol, there is 0 stam loss here, your pet can run forever(might have to feed it once every few fights) and you can literally run forever on an ethy. I don't enjoy uofrunforeverpvp, that's why I digged wands great for solo, fighting outnumbered, picking off people on the run. PvP was faster and in a much better place imo

Can't confirm as I don't do the pvp coding here but the swing speed/hit rate feels very high especially with one handers, i've heard many pvpers say the same thing. It's my least concern with balancing dexxers atm, I just want the bandage timer changed and then we can go from there.

hell yea great video bruv seems like a very likely pvp scenario. In the real Sosaria, as soon as that mage runs out of mana in a 1v1, he is dead and he has 0 chance of going on the offense after 1 dump, as soon as he runs you just gonna steam script pot him down.

ps I love purple pots

If they lowered Barbed AR just like hyrbid, then they should have bandage timers just like hyrbids.

Axes 100%, from what I hear all weapon damaged was slightly increased. Would need more clarification from staff on the matter.

You get what i mean lol, there is 0 stam loss here, your pet can run forever(might have to feed it once every few fights) and you can literally run forever on an ethy. I don't enjoy uofrunforeverpvp, that's why I digged wands great for solo, fighting outnumbered, picking off people on the run. PvP was faster and in a much better place imo

Can't confirm as I don't do the pvp coding here but the swing speed/hit rate feels very high especially with one handers, i've heard many pvpers say the same thing. It's my least concern with balancing dexxers atm, I just want the bandage timer changed and then we can go from there.

hell yea great video bruv seems like a very likely pvp scenario. In the real Sosaria, as soon as that mage runs out of mana in a 1v1, he is dead and he has 0 chance of going on the offense after 1 dump, as soon as he runs you just gonna steam script pot him down.
Oh you feel it, do you? And other people say it, do they? Wow, I'm sold.

In the real Sosaria, mages have legs and wouldn't be taking every swing from the highest DPS weapon in the game while getting hit by potions that never miss, and yet I stood there for over a minute with the oh-so-terrible barbed armor (and no blessed AR clothing) against a VALORITE KATANA. If you die the moment you get low on mana in a 1v1 against a dexxer, you're shit at this game. It's just that simple.

Abiding Dude

Journeyman
man i NOT PLAY ON MAGES
and on this videos 2h dexxer right? and killing noobs right??

i am talking about REAL FIGHT!!!

and my FAVORITE video dexxer vs mage : 1 min 53 sec !!!

look!!!mega super FLUBE choose DEFENCE tactic to kill mage!!!and almost DIED!!!
WHY HE CHOSEN THIS TACTIC?!!! ANSWER RIGHT HERE!!!!
it's tourney AFTER BANDAGE NERF AND ARMOR BUFF !!!!! LOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL

And ANOTHER Funny Video:

yes yes i guess Heli dont know HOW TO KILL GOOD MAGE but ANYWAY
it is fight where mage HAVE around 45-50 armor :D LOL look at the heli kryss damage :D

due to all the caps and constant emoji use, I couldn't get through most of your post but I did see the videos

just wanted to say field fights and pit fights are completely different fyi. Dexxer's can't off screen combos, you can run their own pots into them and those steam scripts don't work so gud ;)

TyroneG

Master
Sorry it is an extra 2 seconds. I have edited my post so that it isn't misleading.

H ybrid barbed armor + blessed AR clothing gives 28 AR. UOForever barbed armor + blessed AR clothing gives 28 AR (30 with a +5 faction robe). If both H ybrid and UOF independently lowered their leather AR values, maybe there was a reason.

I'm only coming up with 28 AR max on UOF. 22 from armor, 5 from robe, and 1 from cloak. I don't understand the point of allowing for clothing to add to AR and think this should be changed. If it was added for some balance reason I'd prefer them to either adjust weapon damage, AR effectiveness, or just simply add it to your base AR.

Now for fun, here's my barbed armor mage standing toe-to-toe against a valorite-katana-using warrior who has 120 str, 110 dex, and explosion potions every five seconds that never miss. Dexxer damage is too OP, guuuuuuyz! REMOVE PURPLE POTS!

At that same time you were constantly having to heal and running out of mana. I realize it was more of a test to showcase other things, but at virtually no point during that test video would you have been able to really go offense and kill your other player without being constantly disrupted and killed. I also think it's a great example of why there needs to be an increase in the next spell delay ("You have not recovered from casting a spell.").

Last edited:

Deimos

Adept
due to all the caps and constant emoji use, I couldn't get through most of your post but I did see the videos

just wanted to say field fights and pit fights are completely different fyi. Dexxer's can't off screen combos, you can run their own pots into them and those steam scripts don't work so gud ;)

My text is simple!
Mage can't off screen? I don't use script at steam! i good enough!
I run only if i am almost dead!!! I stay in place like a man!!!

This video i sent to white house
maybe Trump help uof dexxers and prevent nerf

dexxers op LOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL
Stop smoking bath salt :D

Abiding Dude

Journeyman
My text is simple!
Mage can't off screen? I don't use script at steam! i good enough!
I run only if i am almost dead!!! I stay in place like a man!!!

This video i sent to white house
maybe Trump help uof dexxers and prevent nerf

dexxers op LOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL
Stop smoking bath salt :D

not sure if troll or jus dumb..

In case you missed a logical post from @TyroneG about the video.

At that same time you were constantly having to heal and running out of mana. I realize it was more of a test to showcase other things, but at virtually no point during that test video would you have been able to really go offense and kill your other player without being constantly disrupted and killed. I also think it's a great example of why there needs to be an increase in the next spell delay ("You have not recovered from casting a spell.").

Deimos

Adept
dont like truth?
smart ass mage

you see video?
and you think dexxer op ?

somebody stop this little liar! :D

drasked

Grandmaster

Explain. If you're purely talking about axes, say it.

You mean no stam loss when RUNNING? If so, say it.

Relative to WHAT? Last I checked, the hit chance is 50% against a target of equal skill, just like UO has ALWAYS been on EVERY server.

Miniheal is broken, ive said it since day 1 of the cast time changes.

https://uoforum.com/threads/recent-changes-june-2016.81514/page-3#post-620233

I tried to recreate what you did there with my axer using an agapite axe and my char died in 10 sec.

Last edited:

Abiding Dude

Journeyman
dont like truth?
smart ass mage

you see video?
and you think dexxer op ?

somebody stop this little liar! :D

I don't like braindead dexxers that can't use even a little bit of reason in a forum discussion. I see you prefer 0 logic, all caps + emojis. I'd recommend a few more fonts + colors and you would rival bobby in shit posting.

I saw the video and it was shit. It didn't prove anything it's a pvp scenario that would never happen unless you are fighting an afk player running a minihealself macro. You obviously didn't see my original response to the video or tyrones that I linked. Yes, Dexxers still op in PvP

I'm only coming up with 28 AR max on UOF. 22 from armor, 5 from robe, and 1 from cloak. I don't understand the point of allowing for clothing to add to AR and think this should be changed. If it was added for some balance reason I'd prefer them to either adjust weapon damage, AR effectiveness, or just simply add it to your base AR.
Yeah, that's what I always said on H ybrid as well. No need for everyone to run around looking exactly the same in order to have optimal AR.

Hats can be given +2 AR and relayered to another slot, which is a total of +8 (if we're not including the oversight of putting +2 patches on other body parts that I suspect still hasn't been fixed).
Yes, it's tedious for both parties when a skilled mage fights a skilled dexxer 1v1, with long periods between offense attempts. I doubt there's any way to change this without further breaking the group combat dynamic. In my opinion, the changes to gheal wands, explosion potion AOE, and now longer bandage times further lessen the viability of a class that already struggles to find a place in group combat.

Xiulan

Master
These bandage times have been in place for over 3 years. Why has it become such an issue in the last few months?

I think it goes something like this:

Without the zerg constantly beating them down anymore, a small handful of supposedly leet pvpers needed a new excuse for why they don't necessarily survive every encounter. After all, were they not PVP GODS??! How could a god possibly die, ever!? Dexxers must be OP! It's the bandages! It's the defense tali! It's something, anything to resolve the cognitive dissonance and soothe the bruised egos.

Then one of them joined Werkt and thus is basically staff now, so the wheel-squeaking becomes policy no matter how unnecessary, illogical or unpopular.

Then Eppy got locked into the cycle of trying to appease the unappeasable, apparently not realizing that this will never end -- they won't rest until they can kill literally everyone with ease, and caving to any of their demands will simply result in more demands as they feel increasingly emboldened.

I feel bad for Eppy, I think he honestly wants to do right by this shard but continuing down the current path will just make more and more people unhappy.

Last edited:

Deimos

Adept
"Then Eppy got locked into the cycle of trying to appease the unappeasable, apparently not realizing that this will never end -- they won't rest until they can kill literally everyone with ease, and caving to any of their demands will simply result in more demands as they feel increasingly emboldened."

You talking about mages? ;)

Xiulan

Master
You talking about mages? ;)

Yes, but not just any mages! I'm talking about those who have attained such a pinnacle of greatness (in their own minds) that if they die or struggle to kill someone it means the mechanics must be broken.

Ordinary laws of UO reality such as "git gud" and "mages are stronger in group fights, dexxers stronger 1v1" no longer apply to them as they do to the rest of us.

Abiding Dude

Journeyman
Oh you feel it, do you? And other people say it, do they? Wow, I'm sold.

In the real Sosaria, mages have legs and wouldn't be taking every swing from the highest DPS weapon in the game while getting hit by potions that never miss, and yet I stood there for over a minute with the oh-so-terrible barbed armor (and no blessed AR clothing) against a VALORITE KATANA. If you die the moment you get low on mana in a 1v1 against a dexxer, you're shit at this game. It's just that simple.

I can feel it in my bones, m8. I'm not saying to nerf the dexxer or change ar, I just want to see a reasonable bandage timer in place(make it militas only idc), revert the wand change and implement a working consensual pvp system. I miss factions