Poll: Slower bandages

Slower bandages, bad or good?

• Total voters

cups

Grandmaster
and still not one good argument why this shouldnt be added to militia only

It's because nobody is really doing militia right now. Militia and pvp are not one in the same. No disrespect to anyone but militia has a lot of problems that need to be fixed before the masses will consider them to be worth doing. So saying only apply this to militia really doesn't translate to only apply it to pvp. I suspect you're smart enough to know this you are just being disingenuous every time you bring it up.

account51

Master
Goo
It's because nobody is really doing militia right now. Militia and pvp are not one in the same. No disrespect to anyone but militia has a lot of problems that need to be fixed before the masses will consider them to be worth doing. So saying only apply this to militia really doesn't translate to only apply it to pvp. I suspect you're smart enough to know this you are just being disingenuous every time you bring it up.

Good point, maybe before changing healing, finish the militia content.

cups

Grandmaster
I really don't want to join in and grab my pitchfork and go after staff about militia.. I know it's a free server and the coders and developers have lives and jobs. I like the server I really do. So I don't mean any disrespect. I think the staff can address issues like bandage timers and minor changes all while fine-tuning militia. As others have stated previously in this thread it must be so hard to code and try to balance. There's always going to be people that are unhappy.

I also think some of these changes can't be decided by a popularity contest. We can't simply view the poll and say okay the majority don't want this change. It doesn't work like that.. look at skill loss upon pet death. If we left that up to a vote virtually everybody would say no to pet skill loss. But that was added back in. We really need to do what is fair and what is best not necessarily what is deemed the most popular.

I actually think this thread has been rather productive. I think most people are in agreement that bandage timers if increased mini heal needs to be adjusted as well. I also agree with Bobby that disrupts need to lessen total amount healed. If disrupts didn't affect total amount healed healing will be OP in pvp, pvm, everything.

Xiulan

Master
We can't simply view the poll and say okay the majority don't want this change.

We can in fact do precisely that. What the majority of players want should be taken into consideration at the very least.

Slower bandages are not what is fair or best. It's a bad change because it has sweeping effects far beyond what it's supposedly targeted at (that elusive "pvp balance").

Also, it's pretty convoluted to say that bandages should be made slower to make dexxers less "OP" -- a nerf, in other words -- and then call it a buff. If it's a nerf for pvp dexxers, it's also a nerf for pvmers trying to escape or survive pks (or balrons for that matter).

cups

Grandmaster
Did you purposely leave off what I said about pet skill loss? I mean I gave you a perfect example of a time where majority opinion didn't change the final decision. I was pretty much proving we don't do "precisely that."

We can in fact do precisely that. What the majority of players want should be taken into consideration at the very least.

Slower bandages are not what is fair or best. It's a bad change because it has sweeping effects far beyond what it's supposedly targeted at (that elusive "pvp balance").

Also, it's pretty convoluted to say that bandages should be made slower to make dexxers less "OP" -- a nerf, in other words -- and then call it a buff. If it's a nerf for pvp dexxers, it's also a nerf for pvmers trying to escape or survive pks (or balrons for that matter).
It feels like you are narrowing in on the only downside and disregarding the positive changes to healing with this test....

Ranker

Master
Why does it seem this server wants you to be a Mage, Mage/Dexxer Hy brid or a Tamer? Pure Dexxers can't even kill the best mobs in game, Well not without a lot of practice and grinding xp for the tailsman and relics. I mean, Why not call UO = Magecraft or TamerCraft at this point. I dunno, maybe the last few changes have just made me bias at this point. I don't even log on much anymore, all this change for the sake of change at this point is killing my want or need to play here.

Edit: Also please get rid of this bullshit about not being able to type HY BRID as one word... Like how paranoid can one be?

Of course it's bad. This server is not just made up of the elite pvpers measuring e-peens in UOF general. Just like defense talisman though, I wonder if the opinion of actual everyday players will even matter here.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Why does it seem this server wants you to be a Mage, Mage/Dexxer Hy brid or a Tamer? Pure Dexxers can't even kill the best mobs in game, Well not without a lot of practice and grinding xp for the tailsman and relics. I mean, Why not call UO = Magecraft or TamerCraft at this point. I dunno, maybe the last few changes have just made me bias at this point. I don't even log on much anymore, all this change for the sake of change at this point is killing my want or need to play here.

Edit: Also please get rid of this bullshit about not being able to type HY BRID as one word... Like how paranoid can one be?

I just sucked it up and put magery on my fav dexer... sucks but I had to do it to have a chance to survive. Tamer fencer is a cool build... seen one today. With the insta re-mount the PVP tamer is the strongest build by far.

Bobby123

Grandmaster

Why are you always talking down on UOF ? Whats your purpose and motive ?

I have been playing here for 4 years and i have no clue who your chars are . You claimed you hardly log on but everytime you post on forums , you are either bashing someone or bashing UOF . Best of all , you make stupid remarks

Most players that play on UOF know that staff dont allow certain words to be said on UOF ! Long story short , if you are not happy go play somewhere else and stop bashing UOF.

P.S Beserkers / rogues aka your so called pure warriors get the most score in mini bosses and champs and kill the strongest mobs easily ! You are just so IGNORANT

Last edited:

toddyboi

Master
I wonder how many of these pvmers complaining are going to go on test and actually try these changes. All my dexers have 80 dex with 10+ second bandage and I have no problem fighting mobs or mage/dexers. Hopefully these changes are implemented on the real server. Also as a sallos gank mage I support tweaking of fast spell recovery it's a tad too quick.

It's obvious the people want red v blue rather than run all day with wandz.

It's unfortunate about the 48 hour time out for a red upon death in real pvp situations, but blues do get very salty with egos.

Young Star

Grandmaster
Just to address the finger slip change that was proposed with longer timer--Leave the effects it has on damage healed the same but add a minimum damage threshold to cause a slip. That used to be how bandage finger slips worked. I think the minimum was 12hp.

Adding to militias only is pointless. There is already a big enough challenge balancing mechanics across pvp and pvm. Why would anyone want to take a 2s bandage penalty just to have OJs to fight? There needs to perks and inventives for participating in militias, not penalties. This isnt a change that makes any sense to apply only to militias.

girana

Grandmaster
You don't use agility pots when fighting? 80 dex is all you need to get the max speed bandages whet potted up

what dex pot gives you 40dex?

Just to address the finger slip change that was proposed with longer timer--Leave the effects it has on damage healed the same but add a minimum damage threshold to cause a slip. That used to be how bandage finger slips worked. I think the minimum was 12hp.

Adding to militias only is pointless. There is already a big enough challenge balancing mechanics across pvp and pvm. Why would anyone want to take a 2s bandage penalty just to have OJs to fight? There needs to perks and inventives for participating in militias, not penalties. This isnt a change that makes any sense to apply only to militias.

but isnt that what this change is about ? longer bandage timer so dexer dont join militias.
that how i read this suggestions:
"Lets make bandage timer longer so dexer dont pvp because less ppl pvping = more pvp"

Xiulan

Master
Why would anyone want to take a 2s bandage penalty just to have OJs to fight? There needs to perks and inventives for participating in militias, not penalties. This isnt a change that makes any sense to apply only to militias.

It makes sense because the idea for this change came from pvpers, is supported almost exclusively by pvpers (a few of them anyway), and, most importantly, is supposedly geared toward achieving pvp balance.

If pvpers don't want to accept the "penalty" of slow bandages in order to engage in UOF's consensual pvp system with its forthcoming perks and incentives, why the hell should pvmers be penalized? The change should apply to militias only or to no one.

My vote would be to scrap it and work on stun duration/frequency instead -- that would be a less sweeping, more pvp-specific change unlikely to cause much uproar.

Last edited:

Ranker

Master
Why are you always talking down on UOF ? Whats your purpose and motive ?

I have been playing here for 4 years and i have no clue who your chars are . You claimed you hardly log on but everytime you post on forums , you are either bashing someone or bashing UOF . Best of all , you make stupid remarks

Most players that play on UOF know that staff dont allow certain words to be said on UOF ! Long story short , if you are not happy go play somewhere else and stop bashing UOF.

P.S Beserkers / rogues aka your so called pure warriors get the most score in mini bosses and champs and kill the strongest mobs easily ! You are just so IGNORANT

Always talking down? I used to and for the longest time only said good things. Look back at my post history you ignorant tool. Just because I don't agree as of late doesn't mean I hate this server, It means I don't wanna be pushed away from it. How about you stop trying to put words in peoples mouths and set them up as something they are not(something you do all the time to people) and kiss my ass? You don't need to know or see me in game. Jeez just look at the way you type man, and act, in a 20+ year old game.

Next time, don't say shit about someone you don't know. It makes you look even more ignorant than most see you as already.

/ignored idiot.