Promoting healthy and fun PvP

eppy

Grandmaster
I think you should eat more fiber and less red meat. Lightly cooked fresh vegetables or raw would be best.

My hummus recipe:
2 cans of chickpeas
Liquid from one can
Olive oil
Peanut butter
Chili peppers or hot sauce
Cumin

Place peas in food processor
Add some liquid and blend
Start adding olive oil and liquid unless it smoothes out
Then add tablespoon of peanut butter
Last add cumin and peppers to desired taste

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I think you should eat more fiber and less red meat. Lightly cooked fresh vegetables or raw would be best.

My hummus recipe:
2 cans of chickpeas
Liquid from one can
Olive oil
Peanut butter
Cumin

Ive been taking fiber pills -- its crazy how easy shit comes out with them.

Lord Hampton Royce

Grandmaster

My hummus recipe:
2 cans of chickpeas
Liquid from one can
Olive oil
Peanut butter
Cumin

i got your cumin right here bro

My hummus recipe:
2 cans of chickpeas
Liquid from one can
Olive oil
Peanut butter
Cumin

This is a better argument than @GluttonySDS or @Lord Hampton Royce have made against my proposed tamer changes.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
No offense @GluttonySDS but I do not feel as if you are capable of putting a well thought out argument into words in support of this situation. If you are unable to put up a rational thoughts and reasoning behind an argument maybe you should sit out of the conversation.

My argument has been laid out in 2 main points:

1. If you spec for a stun tamer, you cannot control anything beyond a nightmare. No dragons, no metas, no death beetles -- none of the pets that are super strong. Here is the sacrifice made to have a PVP tamer now.

2. If you say this template is OP, why isnt everyone playing it? Why are 95% of the factioners who PVP playing scribe stuns? Is scribe stun OP? There is no counter to it as AoE spells are nerfed here.

Proven

Novice
Royce, I'm not askin for an opinion to be validated.

I laid out the benefits of 140 points of skill and asked what other combo gives nearly that? That isn't my opinion, Just the facts.

I never mentioned stun anything either.

Gluttony: valid! However a nightmare and all its perks is still a beastly gain for 140 points. Maybe the reason it isn't caught on yet is because it's only been around a couple months?

Either way my concern is more along the lines of how much benefit is gained for such a little investment in terms of template.

Scribe is a different topic altogether, red herring fallacy.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Gluttony is just a noob who wants the game catered to him, and cause he has a GM in his pocket he gets it.

Still waiting in your next dodge to my challenge glut!

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I cant think of anyone who thinks large group combat should consist of running 20 minutes every fight, regardless of numbers.

1. If you spec for a stun tamer, you cannot control anything beyond a nightmare. No dragons, no metas, no death beetles -- none of the pets that are super strong. Here is the sacrifice made to have a PVP tamer now.

See my statements about possibly/probably being able to control a dragon at these skill levels. I would assume that someone who is able to control a mare better than I can at 100 taming/100 lore would be able to control a dragon as well.. Maybe @Lord Hampton Royce can let us know. I don't know exactly how much I trust him to speak truthfully so hopefully staff can show the control chance formulas that are used.

Regardless, how often do you actually see dragons and such on the field? In their current state (not being able to move 900MPH) you are mostly a sitting tank bringing one of these on the field. Even if he was able to bring these to PVP I seriously doubt he would very often.

A tamer with a mare alone is, IMO, one of the best templates on this shard. Add in the ability to stun at no trade-offs to that same character and it is downright OP.

2. If you say this template is OP, why isnt everyone playing it? Why are 95% of the factioners who PVP playing scribe stuns? Is scribe stun OP? There is no counter to it as AoE spells are nerfed here.

Everyone isn't playing it because

1. It is time consuming/expensive to get a character to GM taming let alone 120 taming.
2. People who spend the time/money on a character to get 120 taming do so for meta pets.

Proven

Novice
I agree with that. Running on this server is insane..

I honestly don't care about stun tamers. I'm just amazed that you can control a nightmare with 20 more if you have 120 taming.

Man I'd love to be able to drop music to 20 if I had 120 provoke and that isn't even useful in pvp.

I'm fairly sure taming has enough perks already.

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
I don't want to join factions because the barrier to be effective at it is likely higher than the majority want to invest, Ie running with 15 players, needing sallos, scripts, tree hacks and the plethora of other things that make UO less like UO and more like a spreadhseet.

Some don't want to factions not because there is no reward but because of the crap and players they have to put up with to participate. I'd actually wager most feel tis way. Any change to make factions more rewarding is just going to reward those who already have a stranglehold on the system and will do the opposite of encourage others to join.
This is a load of bullshit and just making excuses for being a *****. You dont want to join factions because you are afraid you are going to die or that you cant compete is just fucking sad. Why even play UO then? Then tell people not to say things if they cant make a real argument is hypocritical considering your argument is completely speculative and not based on any experience or facts. I dont use sallos, I dont use tree hacks(on my current computer) I dont put up with any "crap" whatever the fuck that means. I get more fights now, and cant be statted on my red when killed by factioners so for me it's badass.

You need to realize your whole mindset is wrong here. You need to be thinking of it from a pvper perspective instead of a pvmer (avoiding fights, loot more important etc) You just want to join and hide and get all the advantages without realizing it is supposed to be a challenge and top level competition for top level rewards. For instance, I have 85 taming I can now completely control a nightmare and dont really have to work my taming anymore as far as I know.(unless the sigil shit got changed again)

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
Royce, I'm not askin for an opinion to be validated.

I laid out the benefits of 140 points of skill and asked what other combo gives nearly that? That isn't my opinion, Just the facts.

I never mentioned stun anything either.

Gluttony: valid! However a nightmare and all its perks is still a beastly gain for 140 points. Maybe the reason it isn't caught on yet is because it's only been around a couple months?

Either way my concern is more along the lines of how much benefit is gained for such a little investment in terms of template.

Scribe is a different topic altogether, red herring fallacy.
Wait what?? First you said the benefits werent worth it, now you are saying they are too powerful? Sorry if I missed something.

God.RG

Grandmaster
This is a load of bullshit and just making excuses for being a *****. You dont want to join factions because you are afraid you are going to die or that you cant compete is just fucking sad. Why even play UO then? Then tell people not to say things if they cant make a real argument is hypocritical considering your argument is completely speculative and not based on any experience or facts. I dont use sallos, I dont use tree hacks(on my current computer) I dont put up with any "crap" whatever the fuck that means. I get more fights now, and cant be statted on my red when killed by factioners so for me it's badass.

You need to realize your whole mindset is wrong here. You need to be thinking of it from a pvper perspective instead of a pvmer (avoiding fights, loot more important etc) You just want to join and hide and get all the advantages without realizing it is supposed to be a challenge and top level competition for top level rewards. For instance, I have 85 taming I can now completely control a nightmare and dont really have to work my taming anymore as far as I know.(unless the sigil shit got changed again)
you joined factions because you came into a 20 man gank squad......

bksdaduo

Master
Implement bolas and I'll actually join factions again.

Limited to dexer use (give em a reason to be in group fights)
One bola per 2-3 minute period
500 silver to purchase
Dismount lasts 3s
Remount is instant after the 3s dismount period - no "casting" time

As it is now dexers are worthless without at least a gold runic wep and still worthless with one in a group fight of 3+.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster

500 silver to purchase
Dismount lasts 3s

As it is now dexers are worthless without at least a gold runic wep and still worthless with one in a group fight of 3+.

This is pretty much perfect... who are you, I want to give you props for understanding group PVP.

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster

500 silver to purchase
Dismount lasts 3s

I think the real answer is to fix dexers, but I want bolas too and like your idea.