Promoting healthy and fun PvP

Bromista

Grandmaster
To be honest, LHR doesn't have a fucking clue about tamers (even though he plays one exclusively) so I don't know why anyone bothers to read his drivel.

Gluttony is just gonna ride his nuts so he can be disregarded in tamer PvP discussion (as well as 85-90% of all other PvP discussion)

God.RG

Grandmaster
Yah and I like being in factions.
that's my point.
you're calling this dude a ***** for explaining why he doesn't want to be in factions, yet the only reason you're in it is because you have a minimum of 12 people behind/in front of you at all times.

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
that's my point.
you're calling this dude a ***** for explaining why he doesn't want to be in factions, yet the only reason you're in it is because you have a minimum of 12 people behind/in front of you at all times.

Nah that's not it at all. I already had a character in sl before I joined EQMS. I have only fielded in a huge group with them one time since Ive been in, every other time I've been with a group of 3-4 and often asking ME to call. To think that EQMS always and only fields 12 people is just being naive. I hate ebolt railing, I much rather fight 3v5 than 5v3 any day and now with eqms it went from me fighting 1v3, 1v6, 1v20 to much closer to 2v2 3v3 4v4 etc usually never even either way (when is it ever?) Make sense? Ive been slacking on my zerg duties tbh and just fighting some during the day with the few who are on. At night I usually am doing other shit while the big fights and big numbers come out. For a lot of people what you said makes sense, but not my situation I dont believe.

I joined eqms because they seemed cool and I already had 3 or 4 friends from a previous guild in there and was tired of solo pking. NOT so I could safely play factions.

Kilike

Grandmaster
Implement bolas and I'll actually join factions again.

Limited to dexer use (give em a reason to be in group fights)
One bola per 2-3 minute period
500 silver to purchase
Dismount lasts 3s
Remount is instant after the 3s dismount period - no "casting" time

As it is now dexers are worthless without at least a gold runic wep and still worthless with one in a group fight of 3+.
I'd be down for this as I prefer playing a dexxer. Though I'd think Bola's should be closer to 1-2min. Though I guess that would depend on the number of dexxers in any given zerg.

Kilike

Grandmaster
I think the real answer is to fix dexers, but I want bolas too and like your idea.
Fix dexxers how exactly? What's currently wrong with them outside of larger group pvp? I honestly want Chivalry but more so for pve. PvP wise, small group I think dexxers are near perfect. Runners suck, but i have stun and pots so it's normally not a big issue. If Bolas can only be used by Dexxers as suggested it means I can join a group and be useful without having to jump on a mage. I'm happy with that.

Proven

Novice
This is a load of bullshit and just making excuses for being a *****. You dont want to join factions because you are afraid you are going to die or that you cant compete is just fucking sad. Why even play UO then? Then tell people not to say things if they cant make a real argument is hypocritical considering your argument is completely speculative and not based on any experience or facts. I dont use sallos, I dont use tree hacks(on my current computer) I dont put up with any "crap" whatever the fuck that means. I get more fights now, and cant be statted on my red when killed by factioners so for me it's badass.

You need to realize your whole mindset is wrong here. You need to be thinking of it from a pvper perspective instead of a pvmer (avoiding fights, loot more important etc) You just want to join and hide and get all the advantages without realizing it is supposed to be a challenge and top level competition for top level rewards. For instance, I have 85 taming I can now completely control a nightmare and dont really have to work my taming anymore as far as I know.(unless the sigil shit got changed again)

Just layin out why I didnt want to join - and its gonna change at some point as I get more established. Coming into this thread and community to admit I dont want to join because the barrier (to be effective) is high takes a sort of courage you may understand since you are in a zerg guild but choose to run in smaller packs. Thats okay though - I dont need your approval.

As far as why I play UO - there are a plethora of reasons that dont involve factions as it currently stands. It's pretty mindblowing all the other things you can do in this world. Dont think for a minute that I'm hiding or not interested in pvp though. I've been pvping in UO since 98 although its been a few years. I like to get out of nub status first before sinking in pvp - i'm not a PK though. I prefer to cooperate with others instead of kill them (unless they are orange).

At no point did being afraid of death or ability to compete get listed as my personal reasons for not wanting to join factions which by the way - isnt an argument. I'm barely a week and a half into the server so my reasons are sort of valid given the circumstances, yes? Strawmans are awfully easy to shootdown though so id appreciate it if you didnt put words in my mouth. The crap I was referring to is having to learn all the inter guild politics, connections, relationships, and drama that accompany the faction scene. Also you may note I broke my post down into two paragraphs starting with "i" and "some" - the 2nd paragraph including reasons given to me by RL friends I know who also play.

You need to realize that your mindset isnt shared by everyone and that its okay to disagree -but it isnt a reason for hostility.

(Kindly point me to where I said the benefits werent worth it? I think I'm as lost as you on that one.)

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
If we really wanted more PvP on the shard then simple changes would do it. The small differences in spell and weapon damages are important to get right but that's not the biggest issue.

It seems like UOF wanted to make a strong push for factions when they had the huge revamp. Its summer so its slow anyway but I'm wondering if we'll see faction pvp become popular. I doubt it. Factions needs real incentive to make regular players buy into the system. Faction PvP would also be a lot more fun if restocking wasn't so annoying.

Restocking is taking too long. With factions you can spend quite a while restocking then run out onto the field and get ganked instantly. The amount of time going into restocking saps the fun out of faction battles sometimes. It is an easy problem to fix. Just add in stackable potions. This was mentioned early on in this thread but its so true. PvP is fun but having to perform 120+ double clicks is certainly not.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
If we really wanted more PvP on the shard then simple changes would do it. The small differences in spell and weapon damages are important to get right but that's not the biggest issue.

It seems like UOF wanted to make a strong push for factions when they had the huge revamp. Its summer so its slow anyway but I'm wondering if we'll see faction pvp become popular. I doubt it. Factions needs real incentive to make regular players buy into the system. Faction PvP would also be a lot more fun if restocking wasn't so annoying.

Agreed 100% -- right now, with the sigil bonuses worth something being broken and the other one worthless, there is no incentive for guilds like TRIN and LORE to faction. They honestly need to make it so you can make gold while PVPing -- why should PVPers be forced to PVE to make $?

Restocking is taking too long. With factions you can spend quite a while restocking then run out onto the field and get ganked instantly. The amount of time going into restocking saps the fun out of faction battles sometimes. It is an easy problem to fix. Just add in stackable potions. This was mentioned early on in this thread but its so true. PvP is fun but having to perform 120+ double clicks is certainly not.

Agree with this too -- who the fuck wants to loot someones pot bag when it has 130 items in it because all the potions unstacked.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
Agreed 100% -- right now, with the sigil bonuses worth something being broken and the other one worthless, there is no incentive for guilds like TRIN and LORE to faction. They honestly need to make it so you can make gold while PVPing -- why should PVPers be forced to PVE to make $?

Agree with this too -- who the fuck wants to loot someones pot bag when it has 130 items in it because all the potions unstacked.

Yeah, it seems like a lot of attention gets paid to creating elaborate faction systems/sigils and it loses sight of real incentives. If PVE'ers got involved in factions then it would get interesting. There could be some truly large scale battles going on over the resources available. I think the ideal situation would be where the guilds who are willing to undertake some PVP risk are going to be the guilds that enjoy the real benefits of farming. It would also force guilds to work together with the other guilds in the faction. It would be interesting if guilds had to work outside their insular alliances.

The restocking thing is just ridiculous. I don't even mind the faction zerg's or insta-ganks. Its part of the fun of group PVP. But that fun is derailed because restocking takes sooo long. Faction PVP is kind of small and restocking takes a bit of time. This has led to situations where faction guilds actually have to coordinate with each other to keep the PVP going. "Hey, we're restocking, We'll keep fighting, don't run off." The fact that you have to actually coordinate with your enemy to get some PVP going is kind of sad.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Agreed 100% -- right now, with the sigil bonuses worth something being broken and the other one worthless, there is no incentive for guilds like TRIN and LORE to faction. They honestly need to make it so you can make gold while PVPing -- why should PVPers be forced to PVE to make money.

This is dumb, pvpers should be forced to farm for money so they can be griefed and pked just like they do to everyone else. Factions should never have had pvm and monetary incentives. The point of factions is pvp, the point of pvm is money.

I agree pots shouldn't unstack on death, just annoying.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
This is dumb, pvpers should be forced to farm for money so they can be griefed and pked just like they do to everyone else. Factions should never have had pvm and monetary incentives. The point of factions is pvp, the point of pvm is money.

Ive done 1hr of PVM since Ive been on UOF so PVPers currently dont have to PVE to make $. Being able to make $ from faction PVP = more people in factions = more PVP = less spawn spots taken up for people who enjoy PVE.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Ive done 1hr of PVM since Ive been on UOF so PVPers currently dont have to PVE to make $. Being able to make $ from faction PVP = more people in factions = more PVP = less spawn spots taken up for people who enjoy PVE.
This is the same thought process that got the current system put in place

[e clap

More dumb ideas

also, hate restocking, buy a butler!

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
This is the same thought process that got the current system put in place

[e clap

More dumb ideas

also, hate restocking, buy a butler!

Instead of a butler the needlessly annoying restocking could be easily fixed and enrich the game experience for the whole player base.

UOF has said that it wants healthy faction activity and to attract a lot of new players. There's a ton of cool content that's been added. But why not pick the low hanging fruit and remedy the most common annoyance? Simply make potions stackable.

Kilike

Grandmaster
Instead of a butler the needlessly annoying restocking could be easily fixed and enrich the game experience for the whole player base.

UOF has said that it wants healthy faction activity and to attract a lot of new players. There's a ton of cool content that's been added. But why not pick the low hanging fruit and remedy the most common annoyance? Simply make potions stackable.
With that said let me Drop bags of potions from my kills ON TO my butler without having to put them in a keg first. And Butler Profiles.