Provo Archer build help

Nakor

Expert
My current provo build is

GM Music
GM Provo
GM Archer
GM Tactics

But debating the rest? Right now I'm 90 Healing, 90 anat, 30 Mage, and 65 Resist. Is that the right track? Any suggestions?

I'm wearing leather armor, and struggling a bit with Khaldun and greater dragons that tend to 2 shoot me.

lummox

Master
I would grab hide to break aggro, avoid pvp and other things. I currently have:
Provo
Archery
Tactics
Music
Hiding
Healing
Anatomy

I have a charged rune book for recalls, never really needed Magery because of Alts that gate. I solo paragon ancient wyrms with a slayer bow with this (granted kiting takes about 30min). If you learn to kite by shooting outside of casting range the only thing you would worry about is firebreath and pks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Nakor

Expert
I have Hide now, but was dropping it for anat. You don't need a little magery for runebooks? I always thought you did. Well I know what to drop now!

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Resist isn't that great in PvE especially since you're provo; useful, but not needed.

Music
Provo
Discord
Healing
Archery
Tactics
Magery

Discord all targets after provo'ing to increase your hit rate and to lower their total HP. Magery for emergency healing, or summons. You'd loose a very small amount of damage by dumping anatomy but having summons (deamons with bad-ass spells) and debuffing enemies will do more damage than 20% extra damage on your bow.

EDIT: You can use rune books with zero magery as long as you keep the book charged with recall scrolls.

Lithium149

Grandmaster
I would grab hide to break aggro, avoid pvp and other things. I currently have:
Provo
Archery
Tactics
Music
Hiding
Healing
Anatomy

I have a charged rune book for recalls, never really needed Magery because of Alts that gate. I solo paragon ancient wyrms with a slayer bow with this (granted kiting takes about 30min). If you learn to kite by shooting outside of casting range the only thing you would worry about is firebreath and pks.

Listen to this guy, drop Magery and Resist and go this route this is how I farmed my first mill running Shame, Deceit, Khaldun, Destard which are all very high profile PK areas but with some practice, good positioning and a recall macro(record yourself recalling using Runebooks charges and hotkey it) you should be able to escape atleast 90% of the time once you get a bit better!

EDIT: This second bit is a brand new character, this is not an expansion on your Bard Provo Archer but a new template called Meta Berserker Dexxer OR Meta Defense Dexxer(Personally I prefer Berserker for farming.)

Once you farm up money, get a house, some stock consider farming 30 Vanqs and learning about Talismans (Highly suggest Berserker first, Defense second) and you will be farming like mad in no time with a berserker!

Nakor

Expert
Listen to this guy, drop Magery and Resist and go this route this is how I farmed my first mill running Shame, Deceit, Khaldun, Destard which are all very high profile PK areas but with some practice, good positioning and a recall macro(record yourself recalling using Runebooks charges and hotkey it) you should be able to escape atleast 90% of the time once you get a bit better!

Once you farm up money, get a house, some stock consider farming 30 Vanqs and learning about Talismans (Highly suggest Berserker first, Defense second) and you will be farming like mad in no time with a berserker!

Yeah getting my house tonight! So pumped. And just learned about talismans today. Not sure how expenseive 30 vanqs will be but I'm excited to work on it.

Cerebellum

Grandmaster

I thought talismans don't work for anyone with taming or bard skills.

lummox

Master
Rikket wasn't it you who said to get barding after getting the talisman, or do you unequip?

Lithium149

Grandmaster
No, my bad I should edit the original post.

I meant you should invest into a SECOND PVM build which is much more efficient at killing/farming.

Berserker Talisman Level 10 ( NO RELICS) Still provides 5% more Dmg per level... 5x10 = 50% more damage.

100 Swords
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
100 Magery
100 Resist Spells
100 Arms Lore
20 Parry **(If you have 720 skill cap)

**Can obtain 720 skill cap by eating 105-120 Tailoring/Peacemaking(cheapest skills to do this) and once you reach 120 drop the skill down for an extra 20 points, this does not mean you can just go above and beyond 100 in any other skill only that you have an extra 20 points to allocate in any other skill under the 100 skill cap.

Now this can also be expanded on further, obtain a Swamp Dragon w/ Valorite barding(600-700k approx) for an extra 20% damage reduction(do not forget to pet ball/bond this pet.) and you are literally a mean green monster killing machine.

Lithium149

Grandmaster
Yeah getting my house tonight! So pumped. And just learned about talismans today. Not sure how expenseive 30 vanqs will be but I'm excited to work on it.

This will cost you approx

30 Quest Vanqs - 250-300k

105-120 Tailor - 450K

20x - +1 Tailor Skill Scrolls - 160k @ 8k/ea

Swamp Dragon w/ Valorite Barding - 600k to 700k approx.

Berserker/Defense Relics - Not mandatory but each relic varies in price and how effective they work on the talisman I would highly suggest doing your homework before dropping mills on any Talisman Relics.

Now this is an end game template and something you want to work towards not something you want to try and aim for first, start off with the template Lummox initially left with his Bard Provo/Hide Archer and start farming until you have enough to invest in a new template!

Also, it is not necessary to use the extra 20 point skill cap trick it will cost you roughly half a mill if not over for an extra 20 points but I find once you have extra money to spend it's well worth it!

lummox

Master
I usually use this template to partner with tmap alt. Fastest way to make money next to fishing and you can grab the vanqs from the loot.

Lithium149

Grandmaster
"With these bonuses come some limitations: the talisman cannot be equipped by any character with greater than 50 musicianship or greater than 50 taming. "

http://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Meta_Talismans

Don't need to tell me, To be honest didn't think I needed to even say a talisman character would need to be a separate template.

Your template above isn't that great and I really don't agree with your bad ass demon Debuff speech, honestly the bread and butter here is Bard Provo Hide like the other guy said it is to prevent mob agro, hide pull bars from safety, Provo and get back to it.

Can easily just use recall charges for magery as what other spell does Bard even cast, and if your casting it means your not shooting and doing damage or trying to Provo so I really suggest the OP follows @lummox initial guide first.

Nakor

Expert
Cough Khaldun.

Provokers wet Dream.

Ran that and died once. Got double flame striked by an undead knight and something else before i got the provo off. Is there a specific mob set to be fighting? Do you run a macro for provo?

My current prov strat is to open the health box for both mobs then provo them, that way i dont miss click

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Ran that and died once. Got double flame striked by an undead knight and something else before i got the provo off. Is there a specific mob set to be fighting? Do you run a macro for provo?

My current prov strat is to open the health box for both mobs then provo them, that way i dont miss click

Hot-key provo, press hot-key for nearest target, cntl+shift to bring up all face-plates, click enemy.

Or

Hot-key provo, press hot-key for nearest target, close gap to make different mob 'closest', click nearest target hot-key again.

Either works for me just fine.