What would you change on quicksilver relic

• Chage it 1/4 the dex

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

steve-o

Grandmaster
As you know it was nerfed... WAY TOO much!

from 200 dex per level to 50 dex per level -> dex 1/4
from 2 seconds of uptime per level to 1 second of uptime per level -> time 1/2

I would be more then welcome to test something different in the test server if they would allow us, because as it is now exping for MONTHS metapets is just useless

please answer only if you have a metapet, no trolls allowed

I will report everyone going OT, this is about quicksilver relics nothin else!

Last edited by a moderator:

lollo

Grandmaster
Well, people who have a meta pet will obv. be biased so what's the point?

Anyways, i think the timer nerf is fine, the dex nerf was waaaaay to harsh.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
TBH i watched Bradley ( i believe it was ) on the last invasion, just totally smoke every single mob with absolutely zero issue or risk.

It also was extremely fast as well, taking down a Balron in 3.5 seconds...

We knew with these relics, as it will be with the dexxer relics that NERFS will be happening if they are too powerful as people use them in certain ways, and different combinations.

The nerf might have been a bit too much, but we will look at it, and watch it. As it was, was insane though and all of the staff agreed.

As someone noted it's going to be biased this type of vote, which is is why we will be making the decision for what suits ultima online forever best as a whole, and not individuals or their play styles.

lollo

Grandmaster
Yeah, all the invasions I have participated Bradley was ALWAYS #1 in score. Same goes for the champ spawns.

Honestly, I didn't/don't care since pvm is not my thing, but I can see how people can be pissed about someone taking down a balron in 10 seconds

steve-o

Grandmaster
and how many are pissed that the pet at lvl 7 doesn't listen?
and how many are pissed that the pet can't gain poisoning skills?

I'll stop using my metas untill someone fix this qs...
at champs a warrior could get more points then a tamer, most of the damage i did on champs was thanks to molten and nox at low level spawn not qs

Duck Face

Grandmaster
TBH i watched Bradley ( i believe it was ) on the last invasion, just totally smoke every single mob with absolutely zero issue or risk.

It also was extremely fast as well, taking down a Balron in 3.5 seconds...

We knew with these relics, as it will be with the dexxer relics that NERFS will be happening if they are too powerful as people use them in certain ways, and different combinations.

The nerf might have been a bit too much, but we will look at it, and watch it. As it was, was insane though and all of the staff agreed.

As someone noted it's going to be biased this type of vote, which is is why we will be making the decision for what suits ultima online forever best as a whole, and not individuals or their play styles.

This nerf brought QS level 9 down to about what a QS level 2 used to be. If this nerf was targetted at Bradley, which it appears it was, I think you may have succeeded on the QS nerf, he can kill 1 gaint rat with his level 7 meta before the QS stops. You may want to nerf Molten/Bloody/Nox as well though because he still got top damage...

This has been in game for over half a year, it was tested before being released I assume. Blaming the players for using what is given to them in the way it was meant to be used is kind of shitty. Adam said he wants to ban people that have had the QS relic. Not a good way to stay in shape ;)

Duck Face

Grandmaster
IMO. <-- Opinion don't need trolls to reply. The nerf to the dex is kind of harsh, but it doesn't really need to be changed back.

Increase the duration to a multiplier of 2-3 seconds per level and I think you will have a good balance on this relic.

Currently it is pretty much useless/adds no value to the meta pet. I cant kill a gaint serpent with it before my QS relic ends. We don't need metas to do their crack dances like they used to. but the relic should still hold some value.

On a side note, maybe invite some people that actually use the metas to test server to test the changes before they are implemented next time. Could prevent a lot of players from getting angry with a little bit of testing/feedback. Using clients in the live environment as beta testers is not typically a good way to manage a software product.

Last edited by a moderator:

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
On a side note, maybe invite some people that actually use the metas to test server to test the changes before they are implemented next time. Could prevent a lot of players from getting angry with a little bit of testing/feedback. Using clients in the live environment as beta testers is not typically a good way to manage a software product.

Every single game ever created with an online player base uses the live clients a d results of that play to manage the product.

Are you serious?

Duck Face

Grandmaster
And they're also fully staffed with huge player base paying subscription fees.

Get educated boy.
They have plenty of $ coming in here to properly test the new features before they add them. It only takes a couple days and a handful of volunteers to test the features. If they don't want to do that, they can continue to piss off the players here. Maybe you missed the part where one of the owners said he was wanting to ban everyone that used the code he implemented the way it was meant to be used?

I am a software developer, I know how to avoid pissing of clients with a little bit of testing before release. What are your qualifications to speak on this matter?

Quit acting like a child and think before you speak.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
So, you're saying it only takes a few days and a few volunteers to evaluate the long term effects of maximized items on the player base... You should quit acting like a child and think before you speak.

Duck Face

Grandmaster
So, you're saying it only takes a few days and a few volunteers to evaluate the long term effects of maximized items on the player base... You should quit acting like a child and think before you speak.
You obviously didn't think about that one. Try again. Max items? Wtf?

Jani

Grandmaster
I don't pokemon, so I have no idea how it should be. However, I have seen QS being fucking beast. In lvl 10 etc. it was probably way too powerful. @Adam said it was a joke and wasn't supposed to be as strong as it was. People didn't ask 15m for them without a good reason. Of course pokemon owners are angry when their pokemons are a bit less superior. You gotta keep things in balance though. Where is the fun if your god mode beast kills everything within 2 seconds? lol

Duck Face

Grandmaster
I don't pokemon, so I have no idea how it should be. However, I have seen QS being fucking beast. In lvl 10 etc. it was probably way too powerful. @Adam said it was a joke and wasn't supposed to be as strong as it was. People didn't ask 15m for them without a good reason. Of course pokemon owners are angry when their pokemons are a bit less superior. You gotta keep things in balance though. Where is the fun if your god mode beast kills everything within 2 seconds? lol

That 2 second Barron kill is complete bs, this was a nerf targeted at Bradley, which is what both Adam and Shane have implied. There is no way his meta killed a balron in 2 seconds.

I do think a nerf was needed, but they did a double nerf which is a bit much. They cut the dex bonus and the duration, taking the most valuable relic of the meta pets and making it the worst.

Bunnky

Grandmaster
Open up a test server, and allow for 6 months of testing, rigorous testing of new mechanics. Hire testers... don't even have to do that as I'm sure there's plenty of people who would test for free.

I said this a year ago to avoid shit like this. Now people are gonna whine /get called crybabys because of something that could have been tested more. 8 hr testing per lvl of each relic = around 450 hours of GOOD testing, and this OP relic could have been caught before it was even released.

Test servers are a great thing to have when your running customs.

Jani

Grandmaster
and how many are pissed that the pet at lvl 7 doesn't listen?
and how many are pissed that the pet can't gain poisoning skills?

I'll stop using my metas untill someone fix this qs...
at champs a warrior could get more points then a tamer, most of the damage i did on champs was thanks to molten and nox at low level spawn not qs
I believe new faction updates will help. Sorry about your loss. I hope they do what is the best for pvm community in a long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.