What would you change on quicksilver relic

• Chage it 1/4 the dex

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rekoms

Apprentice
this is ridiculos,so many people wasted their time, money , and what else trying to get this relic and you neft it like that?
I agree with a nerf, but please be reasonable,you cant just make it useless taking as example someone with lvl 8 meta and lvl 8 qs considering the time and money you need to get there.
Please balance it so is not that powerfull as it was before,but tamers must be encouraged to keep using it after what we spent at least.

bksdaduo

Master
this is ridiculos,so many people wasted their time, money , and what else trying to get this relic and you neft it like that?
I agree with a nerf, but please be reasonable,you cant just make it useless taking as example someone with lvl 8 meta and lvl 8 qs considering the time and money you need to get there.
Please balance it so is not that powerfull as it was before,but tamers must be encouraged to keep using it after what we spent at least.

If they want it balanced with the time/cost to obtain/level it should've been reduced 15-20% of total damage through a small tweak to stamina and a small reduction in length of proc. I didn't feel that it needed reduced at all considering what it takes to reach that level.

The pet can still easily die against most paragon mobs or even regular balrons/ancients etc and when it does you're fucked as far as retraining certain skills.

There's a high risk in using a meta and now the high reward has been removed.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Is it a banable offense to disagree with the staff / devs? You seem extremely passionate about supporting their every move. Criticism isn't always a bad thing, I agree with Duck, keep as many people happy as possible. There is a lot of extra content added on the server and it is cool to see the dungeons/champs/crafter areas being used. I think many of us have played other servers that didn't have this balance. I don't want to see the player base dwindle down to just the hardcore group pvp, even if that is what I am interested in. We no longer play those other servers for a reason.
I do stand up for the devs when I think theyre right about something or that you're demanding too much out of the dev team.

But I also passionately disagree with them when there's something that I think is out of whack.

One overpowered relic getting a buff reduction to balance getting this much fire behind it is kind of ridiculous.

People saying that their pet is worthless because of this is off the chart hyperbolic nonsense.

Apparently gold relic got enhanced but no one is screaming good job devs this was much needed my pet is super valuable now.

Nope, only complaints all the time from 95% of the people and no positivity.

Literally every single item introduced comes with the flame posts about how it's game breaking and omg can't believe they effed us.

A little objectivity would go a long way.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
If they want it balanced with the time/cost to obtain/level it should've been reduced 15-20% of total damage through a small tweak to stamina and a small reduction in length of proc. I didn't feel that it needed reduced at all considering what it takes to reach that level.

The pet can still easily die against most paragon mobs or even regular balrons/ancients etc and when it does you're fucked as far as retraining certain skills.

There's a high risk in using a meta and now the high reward has been removed.
I'm calling bs right now on this.

My level 5 easily solo'd AW with just bandaging and only molten and nox relics...

Don't tell me a level 7 with NOx molten bloody and qs easily dies to an AW/Balron...

bksdaduo

Master
I'm calling bs right now on this.

My level 5 easily solo'd AW with just bandaging and only molten and nox relics...

Don't tell me a level 7 with NOx molten bloody and qs easily dies to an AW/Balron...

No, your level 5 didn't easily solo an AW with just molten/nox and bandages.

I've had my level 6 with high quicksilver bloody and molten almost die several times to a regular AW simply because I wasn't paying attention to curing/ghealing it when necessary on top of using vet. You do understand that relics don't instantly proc, right?

You're another one of the broke bitches claiming everything is fine w/ the nerf because you can't afford a QS and haven't leveled a pet to 6/7.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Yeah the level of crying from a lot of people ( NOT ALL ) who were effected by this change is crazy/embarrassing.

I've done my share of QQ also but the devs, @Adam and @Shane always have the best interests of the server and the server economy in mind.

The shitty thing is the wailing and gnashing of teeth works 100% against those few who are putting forth reasonable arguments.

Have a discussion and stop being so dramatic.

bksdaduo

Master
I do stand up for the devs when I think theyre right about something or that you're demanding too much out of the dev team.

But I also passionately disagree with them when there's something that I think is out of whack.

One overpowered relic getting a buff reduction to balance getting this much fire behind it is kind of ridiculous.

People saying that their pet is worthless because of this is off the chart hyperbolic nonsense.

Apparently gold relic got enhanced but no one is screaming good job devs this was much needed my pet is super valuable now.

Nope, only complaints all the time from 95% of the people and no positivity.

Literally every single item introduced comes with the flame posts about how it's game breaking and omg can't believe they effed us.

A little objectivity would go a long way.

Once again, you're a moron.

You know why no one said "hey great job on fixing gold relic guys!"?

Because it's still worthless.

Not a single level 6/7 meta owner with high level quicksilver would have purchased/leveled a meta if it weren't for quicksilver. If only bloody, molten and nox existed there would be 10% of the metas out there because they simply aren't worth the time and gold investment without QS.

bksdaduo

Master
Yeah the level of crying from a lot of people ( NOT ALL ) who were effected by this change is crazy/embarrassing.

I've done my share of QQ also but the devs, @Adam and @Shane always have the best interests of the server and the server economy in mind.

The shitty thing is the wailing and gnashing of teeth works 100% against those few who are putting forth reasonable arguments.

Have a discussion and stop being so dramatic.

You can make more money running 3 archer clients with very little effort/investment than you can running a level 7 meta with level 10 quicksilver so let's not claim that this is about the greater good of the economy.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
This nerf brought QS level 9 down to about what a QS level 2 used to be. If this nerf was targetted at Bradley, which it appears it was, I think you may have succeeded on the QS nerf, he can kill 1 gaint rat with his level 7 meta before the QS stops. You may want to nerf Molten/Bloody/Nox as well though because he still got top damage...

This has been in game for over half a year, it was tested before being released I assume. Blaming the players for using what is given to them in the way it was meant to be used is kind of shitty. Adam said he wants to ban people that have had the QS relic. Not a good way to stay in shape ;)

LOL wtf?

Why would we ever ban someone for having the QS relic?

It's obviously been OP for so long, but no one said squat. Everyone was just wreaking the benefits from it.

We can't have it both ways guys. In the end it will be balanced, there will be nerfs, there will be boosts- It's all part of balancing and adjusting as we go along.

bksdaduo

Master
LOL wtf?

It's obviously been OP for so long, but no one said squat. Everyone was just wreaking the benefits from it.

We can't have it both ways guys. In the end it will be balanced, there will be nerfs, there will be boosts- It's all part of balancing and adjusting as we go along.

It's not OP at all. It's the only reason a high level meta is worth the effort it takes to level one.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
With that said downing a Balron in 3.5 seconds is absolutely ridiculous and over powering/no risk what so ever.

bksdaduo

Master
With that said downing a Balron in 3.5 seconds is absolutely ridiculous and over powering/no risk what so ever.

Is there a video of this 2-3s balron kill that keeps being throw out there?

I know it takes a level 6 w/ level 8 QS 12-15s if not a bit more to kill a normal balron.. that's no faster than an archer with a slayer bow.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Also to be fair we would of loved to test this every inch of the way, but as you see it's taken our entire server to get this far into it where it was even a problem (worth looking into).

If we had a full test team it would of been fixed before implementation, unfortunately we just don't have that luxury. When we do try to get a large group to test things we find it's kind of half-assed anyways.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
No, your level 5 didn't easily solo an AW with just molten/nox and bandages.

I've had my level 6 with high quicksilver bloody and molten almost die several times to a regular AW simply because I wasn't paying attention to curing/ghealing it when necessary on top of using vet. You do understand that relics don't instantly proc, right?

You're another one of the broke bitches claiming everything is fine w/ the nerf because you can't afford a QS and haven't leveled a pet to 6/7.
You just proved the point of devs. You 'weren't paying attention'.

You're just another of those guys that thinks because you work a pet up it should do everything for you, just all guard and attack and let the pet do everything while you go do something else and collect the loots.

My level five absolutely solo'd AW easily. You just have to be on top of heals.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Is there a video of this 2-3s balron kill that keeps being throw out there?

I know it takes a level 6 w/ level 8 QS 12-15s if not a bit more to kill a normal balron.. that's no faster than an archer with a slayer bow.

I seen it with my own eyes at the invasion i threw the other night in Trinsic.

No matter WHAT mob (paragon lich, balron, daemon, you name it) once that QS relic kicked in it died in seconds...

I think what we could do is just make the cool down way longer between the uses of the QS relic.

bksdaduo

Master

You're just another of those guys that thinks because you work a pet up it should do everything for you, just all guard and attack and let the pet do everything while you go do something else and collect the loots.

No, I proved that you're a shitty liar.

Go take your baby dick meta to the ancient wyrms with only vet and it'll be dead on the first AW.

I'll put 1m on it.

Duck Face

Grandmaster
LOL wtf?

I'm not sure why you'd ban someone for using a QS relic. Ask Adam...

You can put me on a list if you all need something tested. For Something that people have spent hundreds of hours leveling It shouldn't be hard to get a decent group of testers together when looking at changes.

bksdaduo

Master
I seen it with my own eyes at the invasion i threw the other night in Trinsic.

No matter WHAT mob (paragon lich, balron, daemon, you name it) once that QS relic kicked in it died in seconds...

I think what we could do is just make the cool down way longer between the uses of the QS relic.

I'm certainly not going to argue that it wasn't quite strong, but you have to consider the time/effort/money it takes to get to that level.

A normal balron can basically be killed easily with a simple drag/wyrm combo or a slayer weapon. You take much higher risk farming with a meta pet due to skill loss and no one is out there getting rich by farming normal balrons or any other mob for that matter.

It's already been mentioned that the other relics provide the most points at the early stages of a champ spawn or invasion so its of no consequence there either.

Taking a meta to a champ spawn means focusing almost exclusively on that client and keeping your pet from dying.. meanwhile you have 3 archers with slayer bows sitting there semi afk and having 3x the chance at a scroll.

Risk/reward.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster

So answer me this: how am I supposed to do keep it up for my JO cam shows while farming at the same time if I have to pay attention to farming?

Here's a hint: I CANT

#tamersstillneglectedonuof
#cantamersgetsomelovefortheloveofchrist

Status
Not open for further replies.