Reagent Bag (Blessed)

Babethoven

Grandmaster
aye.....

u guys gotta admit, not a day goes by people try to suggest ideas to ruin this shard on a daily! this shard has survived VERY well its first year without implementing or changing anything major, Long life UOF, keep the pvp action always the same and we have many years to come..... change 1 thing about the pvp? it'll slowly start to go down hill, I've been there done with with just about EVERY single free shard a Ultima Online fan/dedicated player can play on, I've seen the rise/fall of many many shards and I'm just one of those guys who's going to speak there mind when i see a warning sign/bad idea to prevent this shard from going down hill. I enjoy is here too much to see these new players on a daily recommending horrible ideas on a daily, why try and fix something that isn't broke!?!?!? IJS

-1 blessed reg bag
+1 glacial hue llama tameable kthxbye

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
Nope. Opens the door for things like insurance, or bags of sending, etc. Sure, makes life easier but loses the risk. I'd be OK I guess with a 5 reg max maybe for like emergencies or something but overall, I'm a NO vote. I'm not a pvper and deep down inside the girl in me misses Trammel at times because I suck at pvp. But the gamer and even RPer in me knows Trammel = shard death.

Bapes

Adept
bags of sending

I had never heard of this before, so I googled it...And wow...lol...I can't believe they added this thing to UO. What ever is going on there on the official servers, it's not the same UO I played in 97. That's for sure.

Recalling to the bank is too hard I guess.

Garet Jax

Grandmaster
aye.....

u guys gotta admit, not a day goes by people try to suggest ideas to ruin this shard on a daily! this shard has survived VERY well its first year without implementing or changing anything major, Long life UOF, keep the pvp action always the same and we have many years to come..... change 1 thing about the pvp? it'll slowly start to go down hill, I've been there done with with just about EVERY single free shard a Ultima Online fan/dedicated player can play on, I've seen the rise/fall of many many shards and I'm just one of those guys who's going to speak there mind when i see a warning sign/bad idea to prevent this shard from going down hill. I enjoy is here too much to see these new players on a daily recommending horrible ideas on a daily, why try and fix something that isn't broke!?!?!? IJS

-1 blessed reg bag
+1 glacial hue llama tameable kthxbye
Talking about another thing that would make this shard go down hill, glacial pets. I would do the same thing here I did on uoforever when i decided to try it out. I would not even hit the log out button on the paperdoll, id click that little x in the upper corner as fast as I could and nvr think about logging in again. lol.

Umabel

Novice
Pretty much unnecessary (you should have a loaded runebook that goes to your regs/house/bank) and blessing ANYTHING goes against the no trammel rule.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Pretty much unnecessary (you should have a loaded runebook that goes to your regs/house/bank) and blessing ANYTHING goes against the no trammel rule.
Ha. There was a time when runebooks were considered trammel. I'm guessing you "hardcore" UO players don't have them, and never use them.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

halygon

Grandmaster
I had never heard of this before, so I googled it...And wow...lol...I can't believe they added this thing to UO. What ever is going on there on the official servers, it's not the same UO I played in 97. That's for sure.

Recalling to the bank is too hard I guess.
Bags of sending are pretty crappy in fact. It's cheaper to recall than use even one charge for sending gold. The only real use it has is for rare items you may find on loot or at an idoc. In reality, bags of sending are pointless and do not change gameplay at all.

Umabel

Novice
Ha. There was a time when runebooks were considered trammel. I'm guessing you "hardcore" UO players don't have them, and never use them.

Iruka____Touche_by_neospaceblue.jpg

But to be fair, I was "doing the gauntlet" from the dungeons every time I died for the first two weeks. I also didn't know I am allowed to multibox my second account ahaha.

halygon

Grandmaster

I don't think that was ever considered trammel as trammel wasn't around then. It was a blessing for all.. Even when they weren't newbied.

Metalhead-

Master

I like you as a person good sir but I hate you as a UO player. Lol it's just a difference of opinion but how can someone who's put up with so much military BS be all about UO BS!

Again just a difference of opinion concerning a stupid game. I know we see eye to eye in important shit my good man ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winstonian

Grandmaster
I like you as a person good sir but I hate you as a UO player. Lol it's just a difference of opinion but how can someone who's put up with so much military BS be all about UO BS!

Again just a difference of opinion concerning a stupid game. I know we see eye to eye in important shit my good man ;)

Honestly, I'm really not in favor of stuff like this. (I said no to the OP.) I just get tired of this "we're tough/no tram!" routine, when this shard already features relaxed rules and other protected options.

One of the most annoying things about Magery is reagents. Obviously, reagents are in the game because they are a money sink, and that I understand. Still, losing all your reagents every time you die makes things a little more annoying than I think is necessary.

I know some of you are already typing up your reply, having read the title and nothing further, but for those of you still listening, here is what I propose. Another Shard I played on a long time ago had something similar to this, though with fewer restrictions on it than I plan to propose.

Blessed Reagent Bag:

• Holds up to 43 stone (the weight of 50 of each reagent) (25 of each would also be great).
  • Blessed (that's the point of it)
  • Only accepts reagents.
  • Max 1 bag per account
  • Players found with multiple bags on the same account would be banned.
  • Bags given to all accounts currently on the shard through a redemption dialog.
  • New accounts receive the bag in their "Welcome Bag" (the current reagent bag being changed to blessed would do the trick).
The shard I played on before had these "Newbie Bags" in them. On that shard they held a lot more weight however, and weren't restricted to reagents. That was also not a PVP shard. Given the cut-throat nature of UOF, I would say that these bags could work here, but obviously need the additional restrictions I mentioned so that people cannot hide their valuable loot in them.

As far as max weight is concerned, allowing 50 of each reagent could arguably be too much. I would be happy with 25 of each even. Just something so that when you rez you aren't stuck in the middle of the wilderness completely screwed. it's really for the same reason spell books and rune books are blessed.

Being able to safely carry a small number of reagents isn't a bad thing I don't think. Limiting the weight the bag holds and keeping it restricted to reagents would mean that long-haul dungeon crawlers would need to carry additional bags (which would be vulnerable to looting/loss) or make frequent trips back to town. The purpose of the bag isn't to allow people to carry all their supplies with impunity, as much as it is to provide a small safety net for when you die out in the middle of nowhere.

I understand that you don't like loosing your regs and I know you would be happy if you have that one, it clearly solves your problem. Now imagine how all the other players, bad players, cheating player, greedy players would respond to this. I hear a word... do you hear it? Abuse. Oh yes, unfortunately, this is something easily abused. However, full loot is a blessing and that we have already rune books blessed and other stuff is something trammelish and it only builds competence to have unblessed stuff and make this game a bit rough. I suggest: do sth about newbie PKs who run always into dungeons to kill. That is more of a problem than regs, wouldn't you say so? Let's focus on that then:)

Metalhead-

Master
I understand that you don't like loosing your regs and I know you would be happy if you have that one, it clearly solves your problem. Now imagine how all the other players, bad players, cheating player, greedy players would respond to this. I hear a word... do you hear it? Abuse. Oh yes, unfortunately, this is something easily abused. However, full loot is a blessing and that we have already rune books blessed and other stuff is something trammelish and it only builds competence to have unblessed stuff and make this game a bit rough. I suggest: do sth about newbie PKs who run always into dungeons to kill. That is more of a problem than regs, wouldn't you say so? Let's focus on that then:)

So the problem is bad PKs that are easily killable? How do you deal with the good PKs? lol

MANKRIK

Grandmaster
I can just picture someone getting killed near a healer and ressing over and over again in naked suicide waves to continuously Corp Por the mob/player that killed them with their little bag of regs (I presume they hid it in the same way a mule smuggles drugs through airport security).

drinn

Grandmaster
LET'S MAKE EVERYTHING BLESSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't that the ideology of this shard? Since most of the items are already blessed ;)

Total no

One of the most annoying things about Magery is reagents. Obviously, reagents are in the game because they are a money sink, and that I understand. Still, losing all your reagents every time you die makes things a little more annoying than I think is necessary.

I know some of you are already typing up your reply, having read the title and nothing further, but for those of you still listening, here is what I propose. Another Shard I played on a long time ago had something similar to this, though with fewer restrictions on it than I plan to propose.

Blessed Reagent Bag:

• Holds up to 43 stone (the weight of 50 of each reagent) (25 of each would also be great).
  • Blessed (that's the point of it)
  • Only accepts reagents.
  • Max 1 bag per account
  • Players found with multiple bags on the same account would be banned.
  • Bags given to all accounts currently on the shard through a redemption dialog.
  • New accounts receive the bag in their "Welcome Bag" (the current reagent bag being changed to blessed would do the trick).
The shard I played on before had these "Newbie Bags" in them. On that shard they held a lot more weight however, and weren't restricted to reagents. That was also not a PVP shard. Given the cut-throat nature of UOF, I would say that these bags could work here, but obviously need the additional restrictions I mentioned so that people cannot hide their valuable loot in them.

As far as max weight is concerned, allowing 50 of each reagent could arguably be too much. I would be happy with 25 of each even. Just something so that when you rez you aren't stuck in the middle of the wilderness completely screwed. it's really for the same reason spell books and rune books are blessed.

Being able to safely carry a small number of reagents isn't a bad thing I don't think. Limiting the weight the bag holds and keeping it restricted to reagents would mean that long-haul dungeon crawlers would need to carry additional bags (which would be vulnerable to looting/loss) or make frequent trips back to town. The purpose of the bag isn't to allow people to carry all their supplies with impunity, as much as it is to provide a small safety net for when you die out in the middle of nowhere.

gosh, god a feeling that this might not such a good thing for all of us... especially because it is a nice reward to loot exactly that very thing after a kill. and pots of course. i understand you, though but i would really recommend against it. but keep coming up with ideas, i love to read those interesting thoughts!