regs prices for militia capture point

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
Was just a test, nothing was even rolled out, nothing was announced or posted as far as i know.
Patience!

I've no problem with having a test - but i think that's part of the problem - if you don't announce, or have a rolling change log in discord, a place for calling out the changes, and the purpose of them, people jump to conclusions, possibly the wrong ones. Eppy had said only 1 guild was using them so he removed them, the problem is a lot of guilds are not actively running around on Militias, and many people don't care to go to Britain, so it's likely no one even knew they were there, to get a true test... I'm not sure how you could consider any data gained from the test relevant at this point.

Swango

Apprentice
This just from UOF discord

[2:19 AM] Shane: @everyone The Militia Reagents Capture Point has been added near West Britain Bank. - If your militia captures and holds this point your militia and guild will enjoy the perks of cheaper reagent purchasing through-out the entire world.

Alucard

Grandmaster
I will miss the cheap regs 2\4, bottles, bandages, scrolls.... cheap vendors RIP :oops:

but explain to me how it is possible to resurrect now pets without skill loss ? ))
how tamer can farm militia points for ressurect !?

Alucard

Grandmaster
also - cheap regs 2\4, bottles, bandages, scrolls.... for experienced players is not a problem, most likely it is a great pain for new players

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
Sad to see this brought back in, no one had a problem with everyone could buy cheaper reagents, but when only one or two guilds are locking down a capture point, and only they are getting cheap reagents, it creates an imbalance in the economy.

If you want to reward someone for capturing the resource node, when captured, all vendors have cheaper resource costs for all players, and any resources purchased will provide bounty points to the guild that has the node captured. The ratio would have to be figured out with some numbers on average of what's purchased daily, versus how many points you want the stone to reward, but I'm sure a viable ratio could be figured out.

Then maybe a guild could actually build enough bounty to use the pet rez perk (which i understand is still out of whack for the cost to rez a pet)

Young Star

Grandmaster
Sad to see this brought back in, no one had a problem with everyone could buy cheaper reagents, but when only one or two guilds are locking down a capture point, and only they are getting cheap reagents, it creates an imbalance in the economy.

If you want to reward someone for capturing the resource node, when captured, all vendors have cheaper resource costs for all players, and any resources purchased will provide bounty points to the guild that has the node captured. The ratio would have to be figured out with some numbers on average of what's purchased daily, versus how many points you want the stone to reward, but I'm sure a viable ratio could be figured out.

Then maybe a guild could actually build enough bounty to use the pet rez perk (which i understand is still out of whack for the cost to rez a pet)
its only 1gp lower and the capture point bonus only lasts a short time. Even the biggest guilds arent going to camp it every 30-45mins.

Here are just a few possible ideas to prevent a monopoly:

• Add some max caps per 24 hours.
  • Limit it so you cant cap consecutive rounds.
  • Have the capture bonus last longer than than the capture cooldown. This would give a guild less of a reason to go cap tje same point every time it becomes available.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
1 gp lower doesn't seem like a lot, but for someone who crafts, and buys 40k of each reg a week, that's 320k in savings. But you are right, I wouldn't need to monopolize the stone in order to get the reagents I need weekly, but the fact that it can be monopolized, and a guild could buy up reagents, and sell them on a vendor for 2.7 and 4.7 gp, versus the 3/5 everyone else is playing, gives them an opportunity to really abuse a market, while getting rich.

@Young Star Your suggestions would work as well, but at that point, it removes incentive to keep PvP'n over the same stone, if a guild can't capture it again consecutively.

Alucard

Grandmaster
its only 1gp lower and the capture point bonus only lasts a short time. Even the biggest guilds arent going to camp it every 30-45mins.

Here are just a few possible ideas to prevent a monopoly:

• Add some max caps per 24 hours.
  • Limit it so you cant cap consecutive rounds.
  • Have the capture bonus last longer than than the capture cooldown. This would give a guild less of a reason to go cap tje same point every time it becomes available.
- for those who have already pumped characters Tali or Tamers this change will not make much sense
- for the newcomers who recently came to the server, knocking out 100 gp from Ettins
it's a lot of money to pump Magery, Magic Resist, Inscription, Cartography, Tailoring....
+ 1,2,3 gp each reg, scrolls, cloth...

who will be capture point bonus - newcomers or strongly players ?
so we have change result :
where for beginners pumping becomes more difficult, the poor become poorer - the rich are richer

earlier at least somehow beginners could be attracted to pvp, now with a rise in price there will be even more cowards who will not want to lose the last accumulated resources from experienced players :D

"then incomprehensible changes for those beginners who suffered from defense talisman..."
--------------------------------
hope I just do not really understand the benefits of these changes and the future will show that these changes were important

I would like to see more efforts to attract newcomers
more effort to create a comfortable and pleasant looking UO client
~ UOSteam without black squares, without jerking the screen - with the possibility of including FPS patcher...
something like Orion or Razor Enchanced or
https://www.uoforum.com/threads/game-play-window-and-uo-classic-publish-96.93195/#post-702812

Young Star

Grandmaster
1 gp lower doesn't seem like a lot, but for someone who crafts, and buys 40k of each reg a week, that's 320k in savings. But you are right, I wouldn't need to monopolize the stone in order to get the reagents I need weekly, but the fact that it can be monopolized, and a guild could buy up reagents, and sell them on a vendor for 2.7 and 4.7 gp, versus the 3/5 everyone else is playing, gives them an opportunity to really abuse a market, while getting rich.

@Young Star Your suggestions would work as well, but at that point, it removes incentive to keep PvP'n over the same stone, if a guild can't capture it again consecutively.
yeah it lessens their motivation to fight for it every time but the bonus is short enough that they will have to go after it multiple times in a day.

Young Star

Grandmaster
As for new players. paying 3/5gp for regs vs 2/4 is negligible. Gold is abundant enough to handle the non discounted reg cost. Hell cities like Trinsic and brit used to have a high tax rate and newbies that were none the wiser would often pay the higher rate.

Wildboar

Master
Hmmmm---I say give the militia a multicolor option for a free Bidet to go in their house and stat loss free resing for pets. i'll keep wiping my ass with T-paper and we can all be on a level playing field in the marketing of the many items that can only be produced with regs. If you have to make resources cheaper to one special group let them buy from Wind Mages where you limit regs to 50 of each on the npc's. That would limit any real damage to the crafters, it seems to work well for reds.
Another possibility could be giving the 20% discount permanently to Militia only!! Thus giving them a financial advantage over all other players without impacting the crafting community.

Wildboar

Master
Another possibility could be giving the 20% discount on Donation COINS permanently to Militia only!! Thus giving them a financial advantage over all other players without impacting the crafting community.

Swango

Apprentice
This is just a bogus idea with the capture point and cheaper npc goods. If you need better/more pvp there have to be better ways than disrupting the crafting/vending scene. The player who comes to buy greater cure kegs from my vendor wants to find them in stock at a fair price. Merchanting keeps me busy during all my UO play time. I don't have time to join a faction to get garlic at 2gp instead of 3gp. Yeah, it's just 1gp. But 3 is 50% higher than 2 and to be competitive I can't pay 50% too much.

Wildboar

Master
I agree 100%, of course we are just putting in our 2 cents. We aren't at Pompeii's Head making the decisions (to stay or not stay) but maybe someone in the Senate is listening.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
I'm not even a tamer and the cost of getting a pet res without loss is just about the same level as Kingdoms.
I've been horribly quiet about militias, but maybe it's time I have an outburst and a ban again?
However what I'd say is already being said and not just by a whiny minority either.