Remove Sigil Bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.

StegcO

Grandmaster
Resuming I have two thing to say to staff

1) Remove Sigils Bonus and see what's happen, will be a good test waiting for Militia.
2) Let's talk about an item to avoid ZERG 30 vs 5, a ring or a cloak for example that reduce the damage of Middle and High damage spell if received in a small range of time

Example

10 Corp Por in 2s? Damage of Corp Por reduced 80%
8 Corp Por in 2s? Damage of Corp Por reduced 70%
2 Corp Por in 2s? Damage of Corp Por reduced 0%

Obviously staff and players need to test and modify [NumberCorpPor] and [DamageReduced] in the fields to balance, the goal is to avoid the actually fights where 30 people VS 5 run forward cast 30 ebolt on a single target instantkill it then run back then run forward to drop another target and then 3 people needs to run away against 30 zerger (and then 30 zerger ask for bolas to finish the poor 3 runner).

I think an item like that will incrase the fun of big fights becouse will not be anymore run drop ebolt run drop ebolt run drop ebolt.
The fight wil be more balanced becouse the ebolt of 5 users will make more damage then ebolt of 30 users so the ability of single pvpers will be more improtant than the numbere and 30 vs 5 will be more balance than now.

lollo

Grandmaster
Resuming I have two thing to say to staff

1) Remove Sigils Bonus and see what's happen, will be a good test waiting for Militia.
2) Let's talk about an item to avoid ZERG 30 vs 5, a ring or a cloak for example that reduce the damage of Middle and High damage spell if received in a small range of time

Example

10 Corp Por in 2s? Damage of Corp Por reduced 80%
8 Corp Por in 2s? Damage of Corp Por reduced 70%
2 Corp Por in 2s? Damage of Corp Por reduced 0%

Obviously staff and players need to test and modify [NumberCorpPor] and [DamageReduced] in the fields to balance, the goal is to avoid the actually fights where 30 people VS 5 run forward cast 30 ebolt on a single target instantkill it then run back then run forward to drop another target and then 3 people needs to run away against 30 zerger (and then 30 zerger ask for bolas to finish the poor 3 runner).

I think an item like that will incrase the fun of big fights becouse will not be anymore run drop ebolt run drop ebolt run drop ebolt.
The fight wil be more balanced becouse the ebolt of 5 users will make more damage then ebolt of 30 users so the ability of single pvpers will be more improtant than the numbere and 30 vs 5 will be more balance than now.

Add item that nullifies paralyze if casted by more than 3 persons and reduces pet damage by 80% if you're being attacked by more than 8 pets

girana

Grandmaster
Let's keep the discussion civil (pertaining to the above muddled shit-talk back and forth).
I've brought some of these concerns up to staff for discussion so please keep this thread on-topic.

thx if there any questions feel free to ask ;).

this is not about zerging or the numbers of eqms its about other guilds/players just joining minax to enjoy the sigil bonus w/o putting any work or risk v reward into it.

StegcO

Grandmaster
Add item that nullifies paralyze if casted by more than 3 persons and reduces pet damage by 80% if you're being attacked by more than 8 pets

That's what I'm saying! If a situation is not balanced and dont give fun to the community we need to talk to solve it, PetSpeed was reduced becouse 5 users constatly smashed up an entire guild, and like I said was reduced.

Now we have a guild (a situation more than a guild, becouse today is EQMS tomorrow will be a Congolese guild with 5000 users) that constantly run with 2X or 3X more than all other guilds, this have TOTALLY ruined Faction Fight becouse of the zerging.

In future we can talk about addind the anti-zerg item to non factioner but now in this thread we are talking about faction so we need to try this problem first (if works will be implemented in Militia, that's why I'm saying will be a good test)

In all honesty , its not @GluttonySDS fault that EQMS is what it is today .
But the game mechanics should have prevented these issues from happening .
IF theres faction cap , the imbalances issues would be reduced greatly .

Exactly!

We (Community and staff) need to find a solution NOT for Gluttony but for a situation (in this case a guild with 70% of the server users and the faction they choose), so the problem will be solved forever.

about other guilds/players just joining minax to enjoy the sigil bonus w/o putting any work or risk v reward into it.

+1 Removing Bonus

girana

Grandmaster
+1 Removing Bonus

no its not about removing the bonus its just the only solution i see.

i would 100% fine if the 2-3 ppl of eqms who really put in work to refresh the sigils for minax gain a bonus from it but i dont see why all these other guys get a free bonus for just joining the biggest faction.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
The faction cap was put in by EA for a reason. Most games have something similar, some arbitrary check and balance structure - again, for a reason.

This reason.

I don't have a dog in this fight, I think Factions are pointless, but it's simply bad game design when you see all these non-PvPers joining for the free ride and doing little to nothing to support it.

Salsa

Grandmaster
EQMS fights and earns the sigils. We deserve the bonus.

Want the bonus? Go take the sigils. Pretty simple.

halygon

Grandmaster
What if we just gave the good bonuses to the smallest faction and gave the largest lesser bonuses - No one does the sigs anyways, so it wouldn't really make them any more obsolete.

Also as a history lesson, we did have a faction cap (As mentioned by someone) at one time, but many many guilds complained over and over that they couldn't add their "friends" to their guild because the faction was capped. It began a series of paging a GM to get someone manually added. Eventually, the cap was just removed. There may have been other reasons, but I do not know of them.

If we reintroduced a faction cap, then we would need to had a hard stance that if your faction is capped and you want to add more members to you faction guild.. you will need to change factions.. the end.

girana

Grandmaster
EQMS fights and earns the sigils. We deserve the bonus.

Want the bonus? Go take the sigils. Pretty simple.

the problem with this ppl want the bonus and just join minax.

What if we just gave the good bonuses to the smallest faction and gave the largest lesser bonuses - No one does the sigs anyways, so it wouldn't really make them any more obsolete.

i doubt it will help ppl just keep joining minax and taking the small bonus.

free bonus is free even if its smaller.

halygon

Grandmaster
the problem with this ppl want the bonus and just join minax.

i doubt it will help ppl just keep joining minax and taking the small bonus.

free bonus is free even if its smaller.
Would you join the larger - safer faction for small bonuses or a smaller faction with great bonuses like no-stat and pet control?

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Give EQMS our own faction... problem solved.

p.s.

You want the sigil bonuses? Go capture the sigils -- oh thats right, you cant defeat EQMS so you cant capture the sigils. I dont think we've not had them for more than 2 or 3 days in the past 2 years #getShitOnByNewbs

lollo

Grandmaster
Give EQMS our own faction... problem solved.

p.s.

You want the sigil bonuses? Go capture the sigils -- oh thats right, you cant defeat EQMS so you cant capture the sigils. I dont think we've not had them for more than 2 or 3 days in the past 2 years #getShitOnByNewbs

How it's possible eqms are still convinced this is an issue related to them?
Like girana said the real issue is every player will join minax for getting the bonus.
The good solution is removing sigils.

Status
Not open for further replies.