Remove this ridiculous new mob AI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deriz

Grandmaster
I am not sure who thought it would be a good idea to change the AI in such a way, but it is ********.

If you wanted to help tamers avoid being PKd, make it so their pets actually attack the player they tell them to even when they are being attacked by something.

Bards already have the ability to provo mobs, they did not need a free instant mass provo on any red player without having to do anything.

I thought this server was trying to avoid trammel? This has to be one of the dumbest changes ive seen yet since starting here a couple years ago, and there have definitely been some ass fucking backwards 'fixes' (stun tamers is 1 ex) .

If you are going to shift the balance in such a way, at least give reds something in return like no more statloss, but this insta aggro from mobs on any red player is just stupid.

Deriz

Grandmaster
What are you referring to? Forgive me for being behind the news.

Monsters now instantly attack red players regardless of who they are currently flagged on.

Meaning if a red enters a dungeron, every single monster in there instantly attacks that player.

Steezie E

Master
That's fine. Reds have it easy enough anyway. They can go into towns, join factions, even die in places with no fear of stat loss. There has to be some balance in place so the favor is not entirely with the red, looking to gank someone and spread annoyance.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
its broken as fuck end of story. if a blue can just run into middle of spawn and be totally ignored and spam heals while every mob in area attacks his attack or just stand toe to toe with a balron be totally ignored and spam heals you know something is wrong.

Not to mention the fact the dont even drop aggro on red ghosts you could probably bug out and entire champ spawn and kill them for free by dying on 1 red.

Baby Blue

Master
If u decide to keep it this way, perhaps it's time to get rid of stat loss or at lease reduce it. I think staff was trying to nerf eqms but I doubt it's gonna help much. eqms will still have more pks online than there's mobs in Destard. Every solo pk who's left will be doomed though.

Xiulan

Master
Every solo pk who's left will be doomed though.

Maybe change it to a percent chance to attack reds based on number of reds in the vicinity. Would make sense from an immersion perspective -- the toxic atmosphere created by a large group of aggressors angers the mobs and makes them attack.

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
I don't know if i agree with the new AI change. If anything, I would suggest removing 'red trammel' [below]. Make it worthwhile to go out Pvping and trying to find / kill / and stat reds.

XLDqgIl.png

p.s. - "another eqms cry thread"

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkarna

Grandmaster
I would have preferred the old style system in based dungeon Khaldun if I remember right. Murder an innocent *in this case murder two innocents* and an over powered revenant spawns which has stupid run speed *matches horse speed*, quite powerful and has 1000 HP but is still possible to survive against. They would track players around the dungeon and wouldn't be limited to one - two screens tracking distance. If say five people kill two people *five people mana dump on two people*, then five spawn. This could also be heavily increased in dungeons such as despise level 1 and dungeons considered places for new players to farm. The spirits which spawn would last for around five minutes to ten minutes and would target grey's also. I think it would be better than having a complete dungeon aggro against a certain player type though.

I know, it is quite pathetic to actually mention this and honestly, there will never be a true fix for any supposed problems regarding PK's without completely annoying the shit out of someone.

Josh D

Grandmaster
Just turned my lvl 10 def dexer (with all maxed relics) red last night.

I am loving this change! All the mobs gather around and heal me when I'm killing pets

Status
Not open for further replies.