Remove this ridiculous new mob AI

Status
Not open for further replies.
RISK vs REWARD

Where is the RISK VS REWARD for reds??? Every time staff makes a change so you have it a tad harder you guys cry on the forums and threaten to grief the shard by rolling "10vs1 instead of 2vs1" (LOL as if you didn't already do that) until staff changes it back.

There is ZERO risk for reds when they steamroll a champ 1 minute before it's over, attacking blues, who run a PvM build, who already have mobs aggrod on them from both sides. That is on top of all the head buyback when you are in Minax, blessed weapons and off screen targeting bullshit that is going on.

What Eppy said here was absolutely right, you guys are pathetic for crying about this change being "ridiculous and unfair".

This shard is gaining a reputation of being red trammel. Staff needs to finally stick to one of their solutions instead of rowing back every time they want to change something about this. May I remind you about the outrage that happened when the new dungeons were opened last year and there were so many reds nobody got to actually do any of the new PvM content? Nothing has changed since that.

lollo

Grandmaster
Eqms went to gank me at rikktor last night , so i cut through the spawn ...and they didnt follow.

This would probably have happened before the change too. We kill you so many times it's not worth risking stat loss from triple firebreath just to kill you one more time.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
its already been fixed right why are people still goin on about it?

Eppy tried it , was really bad so Eppy removed it. now he can try something else

girana

Grandmaster
Where is the RISK VS REWARD for reds??? Every time staff makes a change so you have it a tad harder you guys cry on the forums and threaten to grief the shard by rolling "10vs1 instead of 2vs1" (LOL as if you didn't already do that) until staff changes it back.

There is ZERO risk for reds when they steamroll a champ 1 minute before it's over, attacking blues, who run a PvM build, who already have mobs aggrod on them from both sides. That is on top of all the head buyback when you are in Minax, blessed weapons and off screen targeting bullshit that is going on.

What Eppy said here was absolutely right, you guys are pathetic for crying about this change being "ridiculous and unfair".

This shard is gaining a reputation of being red trammel. Staff needs to finally stick to one of their solutions instead of rowing back every time they want to change something about this. May I remind you about the outrage that happened when the new dungeons were opened last year and there were so many reds nobody got to actually do any of the new PvM content? Nothing has changed since that.

i am not in emqs and i dont have any reds in minax.

my guild never threaten the shard.

we also never threaten staff to take any changes back.

i just share my point. i am the only one in this forum who judge every change by itself and not if its fits my playstyle or not.

K A Z

Grandmaster

1. Only one guild zergs in Dungeons (and I hardly ever see them on reds, tbh. Most of the time they'll zerg Solo-PKs and then insta-stat --> theyre keeping the dungeons "clean").

2. Their risk is a 48 hour statloss. What's your risk as a blue? Ah, right. Nothing. You lose 25 each reg, 50 bandages and a lute. And MAYBE (in case you worked the spawn) 30 minutes (thanks to ridiculous meta pets) time of champing. WOW, big! Not to mention that raids can usually be foreseen. If you champ and get too many mobs on you to handle (and then stick to them once you get attacked by the raiders because you fear of losing precious champ points) you're a fucking noobie. First fight off the reds, then continue the champ spawn. Not sure where you're getting this headbuyback thingy from. It's a function barely used. Nobody gives a fuck about it. Remove it, if you want to. It doesn't change SHIT regarding to champ spawns anyways (AS IT DOESNT WORK WHEN YOURE GETTING KILLED INSIDE A DUNGEON!! NEWS BREAK!!!). Blessed weapons can only be used on blues if one holds the Nujhelm sigil, too. Jesus christ, and why do you think that anyone needs off-screen targeting to kill your noob ass without resisting spells?

3. Where did Eppy say that we are pathetic?

4. Red Trammel? Because a large portion of this shard actually enjoys a fight and has not been playing the wrong game (because carebear noob trammelite) for the last 20 years? If you can't handle PKs, then why are you even playing UO? That's what always baffles me.

to summarize: you people are fucking noobs. I barely see other reds but myself. All this red trammel BS is a fucking joke. You guys simply want an easy ass game. Come up with real solutions or just keep quiet.

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
Thread summary -

Staff made it a little harder for reds ...so eqms made a cry thread ...and now staff implemented a change that allows staff to toggle this AI feature on/off.

GG eqms cry thread.

/thread ?

K A Z

Grandmaster
Thread summary -

Staff made it a little harder for reds ...so eqms made a cry thread ...and now staff implemented a change that allows staff to toggle this AI feature on/off.

GG eqms cry thread.

and in reality the thread was started by a MAGA/COM wizard. Why did he make this thread? Because he understands the need for balance in this game. And MOBs that protect blues inside Dungeons (WHAT A FUCKING JOKE!!!!!!) are totally imbalanced. This thread has ZERO to do with EQMS. (who might actually be BEHIND THIS CHANGE, as they can't stand dying 5v1 because they dont know how mobs work)

girana

Grandmaster
Thread summary -

GG eqms cry thread.

/thread ?

thread was by a maga guy and they dont play reds.

eqms loves this changes because its helps them

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
Deriz has spoken in discord lately about helping minax / guarding sigils so...?

Deriz - Were you not kicked out of MAGA after all ? lawl

Young Star

Grandmaster
Lol please keep it toggled on , despite eqms's cry thread here.
That change effected them the least out of any red group

I think the aggro option would be pretty cool to have in the back pocket for special events and such but not something that should be activated as a default for all monster spawn.

I also liked the suggestion of it scaling with the more reds that are present. If there is a sliding scale weighting the aggression of mobs so if there is just 1-3 reds mobs may start to prefer a red target over another when they haven't been engaged and the distance of a blue and red from the mob are similar. Then they start to prefer reds even if a blue is much closer when not being actively attacked, after you get above 3-5 reds. Finally the level of reds gets high enough they will even start pulling off of someone actively attacking them to go for a nearby red.

1. Only one guild zergs in Dungeons (and I hardly ever see them on reds, tbh. Most of the time they'll zerg Solo-PKs and then insta-stat --> theyre keeping the dungeons "clean").

*starts his argument by straight out denying the HUGE Zerg problem that has been the nr. 1 topic about what's killing the shard for over a year*

2. Their risk is a 48 hour statloss. What's your risk as a blue? Ah, right. Nothing.

How bad does 48hr statloss hurt when you have several reds as backup? How often does anyone actually get statted when you Zerg with 10 players? What about no cut for Minax everywhere?

What's my risk as a blue? Losing 1hr of playtime? Losing the resources you invested into killing mobs at the champ? Paying 20k per ss because you have to res your pets constantly?

3. Where did Eppy say that we are pathetic?

I do find it slightly pathetic that you think it's fine for some poor swordsman to be aggroed by a mob and run up and gank him. But then when the mob aggros a red it isn't fair suddenly.

Apparently you didn't bother to read this whole thread before commenting.

4. Red Trammel? Because a large portion of this shard actually enjoys a fight and has not been playing the wrong game (because carebear noob trammelite) for the last 20 years?

What fight?? All you do is steamroll helpless victims. None of you are "real" PvPers! Half the players on this shard payed 200k to enjoy trammel. What about the countless mechanics to make life super easy as a red? As I said, head buyback everywhere when you are in Minax, no cut zones, blessed weapons and off screen targeting?

to summarize: you people are fucking noobs. I barely see other reds but myself. All this red trammel BS is a fucking joke. You guys simply want an easy ass game. Come up with real solutions or just keep quiet.

Says the guy who just cried here because the new changes are so unfair and ridiculous. The changes that would have made it a tad harder for you guys. You are the one who simply wants an easy game. I haven't heard any "real" solution from you, ever. So why aren't you keeping it quiet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.