Remove this ridiculous new mob AI

Status
Not open for further replies.

girana

Grandmaster
No obviously it makes more sense that people who work champs for an hour get steamrolled by some reds who show up last minute. The only sensible way this shard can work is that reds get everything. Only if the fight is extremely unfair the world makes sense.

Red trammel.

how is here red trammel ?

you pay 200k and dont need be worried about getting pkt outside of EU primetime.

I think these are all good around changes. The more people farming in dungeons on blues the better! Looks good for the server and good for newer players. Gets some friends and PK in a group. I don't even pk solo anymore anyways, I found it extremely boring to kill random people fighting monsters with no potions and pvm templates.

The only time I PK now is for a cause like securing a champ or something.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
People have been zerging champs for ages now. That the mobs give the blues ,who already don't have a template to fight back and face 15 reds at once, some help is an excellent idea in my opinion. This doesn't suck for reds, it just makes the battlefield even. That is of course if you actually like to pvp and not just steamroll people. Guess this just shows who's really a pvper and who just likes to steamroll helpless victims.

I quote Lord Gluttony:
"If you can't make it work then all you need to do is team up and organize. If large amount of X are your problem then just group up. This is how the game works, everyone who just cries for changes is a crybaby that is too lazy to do anything about it."

You demanded blues to do this for a long time. Now let's see if you can do what you preach yourself and overcome this hurdle. Of course the answer to this problem will be that EQMS will take the shard hostage again and force staff to comply to their way but let's wait and see, shall we?

My suggestion was for blues to group up and fight back... not for blues to harness broken AI mechanics as a crutch to fight back.

That being said, if blues are so sad they needed this mechanic to fight back, im not opposed to it... youre still going to die anyway ;)

Lexington

Grandmaster
My suggestion was for blues to group up and fight back... not for blues to harness broken AI mechanics as a crutch to fight back.

That being said, if blues are so sad they needed this mechanic to fight back, im not opposed to it... youre still going to die anyway ;)

Aside from the odd champ spawn blue PVM players never roll more then 2 deep when out farming ... its typically done solo. So we all know you'll never get groups of PVM players to group up and fight back!

What ever happened to the bounty hunter idea? It's the only way you'll get groups of blues out hunting reds!

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Aside from the odd champ spawn blue PVM players never roll more then 2 deep when out farming ... its typically done solo. So we all know you'll never get groups of PVM players to group up and fight back!

What ever happened to the bounty hunter idea? It's the only way you'll get groups of blues out hunting reds!

Correct... your goal as someone who is farmign should be to escape the PKs, not fight them.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Correct... your goal as someone who is farmign should be to escape the PKs, not fight them.

Agreed... but didn't you suggest blues need to group up to fight tho? That's why we need the bounty hunter system. We need this way before we add any more PVM content!

Silly Santa

Grandmaster

The 'head buyback' for reds...is a huge disincentive with making a lot of people not care to group up , find and kill reds...if the reds can just buy back their heads....aka because of "red trammel".

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Agreed... but didn't you suggest blues need to group up to fight tho? That's why we need the bounty hunter system. We need this way before we add any more PVM content!

There needs to be incentives to PVP across the board... especially consensual PVP. Id say there already exists a strong incentive for blues to group up at champs, RDAs, and IDOCs -- the loot at stake. Factions and general anti-PKing could definitely use some incentivizing though.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
The 'head buyback' for reds...is a huge disincentive with making a lot of people not care to group up , find and kill reds...if the reds can just buy back their heads.

Care to explain this? If you kill a red and they buy back their head, it can cost upto 100k. Do you think making a red pay 100k is trivial? Keep in mind if you kill them in a dungeon, they cannot buy back their head.

Lexington

Grandmaster
There needs to be incentives to PVP across the board... especially consensual PVP. Id say there already exists a strong incentive for blues to group up at champs, RDAs, and IDOCs -- the loot at stake. Factions and general anti-PKing could definitely use some incentivizing though.

The problem with the blues at champs and RDA's is the fact that they are there competing against each other for the loot as it is.... and they likely aren't in a common guild with voice. It would be impossible for them to compete even if they did decide to fight back. It's impossible because they can't organize even at a basic level. We all remember how PVP was before voice. lol

Lexington

Grandmaster
Care to explain this? If you kill a red and they buy back their head, it can cost upto 100k. Do you think making a red pay 100k is trivial? Keep in mind if you kill them in a dungeon, they cannot buy back their head.

I think what he is trying to point out is that fact that even if someone does manage to kill a red player (which is hard enough on it's own) you still have to cut, collect and make it out with the head before the alts and or back up shows up. Not an easy task with everyone running 3 accounts simultaneously.

Silly Santa

Grandmaster

100k is trivial yes. Thats what..2 hours of work? Also, how often do 'eqms' reds really die in dungeons and on land - when they are running 10+ deep , with voice coms , 2 full parties of noobs who are all precasted with flamestrike scrolls and a finger ready on the closest target hotkey? Meanwhile when noone else is at a champ spawn to contest it- they farm champ spawn rewards daily. Thus as i said these days 100k is trivial.. Why are you so against having that game mechanic eliminated? There is not much incentive for anti-pk groups to fight a zerg like that - if pks can buy back their heads if they die on land...and as for champ spawns -when a pk factioner dies - why should he not be able to be statted and his corpse cut if he dies to another factioner?

In other news.. +1 on the AI change.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
Forgive me if I have another dummi orc moment...but faction players don't suffer faction stat loss here when they die to an enemy factioner?

Strigo

Expert
blah blah blah

You are so obsessed with EQMS that you fail to recognize the existence of anybody else on the shard. I am not in EQMS. I do not pk/pvp with a large group. I can't afford head buybacks over 10k. I am not the only one.

Forgive me if I have another dummi orc moment...but faction players don't suffer faction stat loss here when they die to an enemy factioner?

faction stat loss, yes. which is very short term. if you are a red factioner and die overland to an enemy factioner, your head cannot be cut, thereby avoiding the 48 hour stat

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
You are so obsessed with EQMS that you fail to recognize the existence of anybody else on the shard. I am not in EQMS. I do not pk/pvp with a large group. I can't afford head buybacks over 10k. I am not the only one.
I know exactly who you are. Dont think that i dont - COR.

Status
Not open for further replies.