T-hunting Multi Client PvM

Syria

Novice
Before saying 'Fuck all y'all' and completely banning ALL multi client PvM, please consider allowing some activities to remain. I think most people can agree that multi client should not be allowed for RDA and champ spawns. However, what about treasure hunting? It doesn't affect anyone else. Most t-hunters will use one char to decode, dig and unlock the chest. That character then becomes useless and they use their other client to clear the mobs. This is a big part of UO.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I really think the only time that multi clienting is an issue is during things like champs/RDAs/or other PVE where PVP is an obvious outcome. The real issue is multi client PVP, especially with people using 2 or 3 tamers during a fight.

As long as youre not doing that, I'd assume you'll be okay.

Deadpool

Grandmaster
I hate that I have to do this but I have to really contribute here. So weird.

Anyway another big thing that is usually multi-cliented is doing MIBs or whirlpools. Usually people have fisherman chars and then their main PvMer char (or tamer, whatever.) I think that would be fine too.

But yeah RDA's and champs would be ridiculous.

Alright enough of this. Penis.

AlyM

Grandmaster
Also agree completely with the above.Its practically impossible to mib-fish alone without multiclienting! And it's quite frankly BORING to go MIB fishing if you are the killer. You wait 10 minutes (or more) for it to be found, gone to, and then fished up. For what? 25 seconds of killing.
Boom.

Whirlpools are a LITTLE more interactive, but still multiclienting should be allowed there.

Moosebish

Apprentice
I also like having my lock picker hiding in the corner while I farm, to pop out and pick chests. I was unaware that this was even illegal :/

Guwap

Grandmaster
I also like having my lock picker hiding in the corner while I farm, to pop out and pick chests. I was unaware that this was even illegal :/

New multiclient rules are coming. I'd expect (and hope) them to be based around RDAs/Champs and tamers rather than t-maps and whirlpools. If you can't find someone to run an RDA/Champ with you, you shouldn't be able to complete it by multiclienting as those are endgame PvM activities in a massively multiplayer game.

T-maps and whirlpools are much easier and less lucrative, so I can see how it would make sense to allow multiclients as long as those clients aren't used to PvP in those situations.

asics

Grandmaster
New multiclient rules are coming. I'd expect (and hope) them to be based around RDAs/Champs and tamers rather than t-maps and whirlpools. If you can't find someone to run an RDA/Champ with you, you shouldn't be able to complete it by multiclienting as those are endgame PvM activities in a massively multiplayer game.

T-maps and whirlpools are much easier and less lucrative, so I can see how it would make sense to allow multiclients as long as those clients aren't used to PvP in those situations.

This

I agree with Syria. Maybe a good idea would be something like, no multi clienting in champ spawns, special bosses (like akor and warlock) and no multi clienting in or around RDAs. Since I know if they do not specify, people will have a toon inside and RDA and. Their red outside of the gate. :p There's usually a way around rules.

Fattson

Grandmaster
Proposed fix: leave the current rules as they are and just preemptively ban all of $
I have a completely original idea.Why not just ban the guild leaders and drop all of the best houses. Could make a server event out of it. Put gates at brit bank. I'm so smart...

tankian

Grandmaster
i asked shane about this the other day and he asured me that it was ok to do so. evn doing some mibs witha fisher and an alt tamer is fine