Things that were fun, and made the shard popular and populated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Another of my forum lovers. I will say it again cause you people don't seem to listen. you were not involved in talks about the island and know nothing of what was or wasn't supposed to happen with it. Thanks for your interest.

Oh, and I never said a word about your corrupt little "artist" buddy till after he was no longer staff. thanks for playing.

Jesus, you are seriously a disgusting excuse for a human being ain't ya? It is common knowledge how much you stomped your feet around and cried crocodile tears about the house decoration competition and yet here you are again, requesting things to be done your way which is a blatant slap in the face for those who are genuine figures to this server. You state that Berlusconi was 'corrupt', is that because he was a thief or Italian? What he and others did with Booty island gave something back to UOForever tenfold without receiving a single penny for their weeks of work and you have the audacity to call him corrupt? Your principles are seriously messed up and with all due respects, you do not deserve any help with the island apart from what you pour into it yourself..

Just to add, Silvio was innocent of any accusations thrown against him, maybe you have the same impression of the other staff members here? Maybe Liberty will be accused next regarding corruption or perhaps Halygon-JoeB, man, why don't you accuse Shane and Adam? It seems to be quite common for you to do that.,....

Messremb

Grandmaster
Jesus, you are seriously a disgusting excuse for a human being ain't ya? It is common knowledge how much you stomped your feet around and cried crocodile tears about the house decoration competition and yet here you are again, requesting things to be done your way which is a blatant slap in the face for those who are genuine figures to this server. You state that Berlusconi was 'corrupt', is that because he was a thief or Italian? What he and others did with Booty island gave something back to UOForever tenfold without receiving a single penny for their weeks of work and you have the audacity to call him corrupt? Your principles are seriously messed up and with all due respects, you do not deserve any help with the island apart from what you pour into it yourself..
I think you are thinking of someone else friend, apart from some conversations in ts, and one comment in irc (months later) I never said a thing about that competition. But I get it, you got to back your friend and I make an easy target for that kind of rage. Have at it brother, its just a game to me and your rage means nothing.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
I think you are thinking of someone else friend, apart from some conversations in ts, and one comment in irc (months later) I never said a thing about that competition. But I get it, you got to back your friend and I make an easy target for that kind of rage. Have at it brother, its just a game to me and your rage means nothing.

It has nothing to do with me backing a friend *and yes he is a friend* and I am not targeting due to some unseen vendetta which I have against you *which I don't*, I do not agree with some of the ideas based around the island which I feel is completely unfair to others who wanted something similar and in return, got a side kick to the face. The corruption part was something which has been boiling for a while now and needed to be said, it has been said and we can all live happily ever after.

Bobby123

Grandmaster

seems like you are loss for words .

I wont blame you though ! typical PCH/T^C mentality type of players !

accusing players/staff for cheating/exploiting/corruption without PROOF WATSOEVER again n again !

Best part is when you are grilled , you have nothing to say ?!? l

lawl !

My advice is : apolgise to Berlusconi and i will put this matter to rest . Till then ................ lawl !

Last edited by a moderator:

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
If you are accusing me of not working for the island, or doing some sort of against the rules afk thing you don't know me like I thought you did.

I got the island at a discount (about 58 mil) because I had been a stand up guy and tried to help the winner in a time of need, and because I was going to help him run cool shit on the island. Unfortunately he started playing another game, and some other shit went down. All before he got the island finished.

Anyways, think what you want, I put a ton of work into this island.
You know me better than that bubba. If I thought you did something fucked I'd call you on it. I have yet to see any of my posts saying you did. Comeon now.

Messremb

Grandmaster
It has nothing to do with me backing a friend *and yes he is a friend* and I am not targeting due to some unseen vendetta which I have against you *which I don't*, I do not agree with some of the ideas based around the island which I feel is completely unfair to others who wanted something similar and in return, got a side kick to the face. The corruption part was something which has been boiling for a while now and needed to be said, it has been said and we can all live happily ever after.
Lol, no vendetta but you have been boiling with desire to lash out at the wrong guy about something that can neither be proven or disproven. Fair enough, I really don't care.

Also, you got one of your ideas shot down so now you want to make sure nothing good ever happens to anyone else. And you call me a disgusting human being.

Anyways, thanks for your attention. :cool:

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
lawl !

nice story !

This is the best part . Even though Silvio played with $ guild , he has NEVER ONCE abused his powers as a GM etc .

I remember having this conversation with you on IRC . You accused him of being unfair for the house deco competition without any proof WATSOEVER AGAIN .

Now comes the best part , If you have checked who were the top 3 winners in the house deco competition , you would have noticed there were 0 $ players and infact one of them was from T^C.

If you had checked deeper , you would have realized NO $ MEMBERS ENTERED the HOUSE DECO competition at all ! lawl !

so how is silvio being unfair ?!?!?!?!?? lawl !

typical PCH/T^C mentality ! accusing players with 0 PROOF again n again !

1) you seem mad

2) nobody cares dude

a magical man

Grandmaster
i started a decent thread that turned into people fighting, people need banned from the forums this is ridiculous, i might have posted6 times on page 2 in this thread you guys disgust UOF

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Lol, no vendetta but you have been boiling with desire to lash out at the wrong guy about something that can neither be proven or disproven. Fair enough, I really don't care.

Also, you got one of your ideas shot down so now you want to make sure nothing good ever happens to anyone else. And you call me a disgusting human being.

Anyways, thanks for your attention. :cool:

I have not really given any valued suggestion to this server apart from those which help soften the blow to thieves *which unfortunately has not happened* and I guess that the word boiling was a strong word to use regarding this, but regardless, whatever you said regarding Silvio and a few others in fact, required attention regardless of how long it has been. As for the other directions things have gone in, I have no reason to comment, none of my business and really none of my concern.

As for your attention, this little bit right here proves exactly what your intentions are all about. The disgusting human being part was added as a question, denying or agreeing was an option to you and either would have been fair game, you chose to remain silent on that so it is obvious which one you chose :p

JennaL

Expert
It was my pleasure to work alongside Silvio before he chose to resign as staff. He and others put countless effort into the design of booty island & dungeon, and it is my hope that eventually our community will enjoy this beautiful piece of art.

That being said, epic quests (in general) do require additional coding and resources and our developers are now preparing for some wonderful Halloween festivities.

Thread locked.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with this and most of what was said.

The truth? The last many events we've put on ended in complete complaining, whining, people quitting and more... It seems that the major population simply couldn't handle events of any kind anymore really.
You all can understand how if we as a collective staff put hours into a large event, then once put on, if even the SLIGHTEST thing goes wrong we all get multiple pages, pm's and forum posts about it. It leaves us pretty jaded about it.

I realize we have set the bar extremely high, however some of your expectations are simply unreasonable and if things don't go the slightest in your favor everyone has to know about it including, and most often firstly, the staff. The entitlement with some of you is absolutely astonishing for a player ran free server. Some of you want the best of both worlds, you want this to be professionally ran with non stop content, yet want that content your way or else you complain DIRECTLY to higher up staff about it. This is exactly why in major corp games you CANNOT contact or talk to administrators, developers etc. Watching complaints day after day is part of the job and the most major part of what i handle which is exactly why i may seem a bit jaded (who wouldn't) but when developers, event managers etc are complained to directly, it really effects morale and removes a lot of motivation to do a next event or whatever it may be.

So this is why it can be very disheartening, frustrating and leaves us un-motivated to do such events again. I know 100% this is how me and Adam feel about it, and exactly why previous staff members have quit. This is also why Adam doesn't talk in mirc anymore, post on the forums, or anything of the matter.

There's a lot that goes on day to day that 99% of you don't even see, and to me that is just professionalism.
For the amount of people wanting EPIC events i was extremely shocked to see how only TWO people applied for event manager.

We do have this Halloween event coming, i really wasn't wanting to do a huge event for this since we have a TON of content coming up for our next expansion. We are at a time where we need to prioritize things, so putting on small events that will most likely end in a lot of complaints, whining, and people upset, we'd rather work on full bodied content, upgrading code to help with resources and more beneficial core things that help everyone as a whole.

Hope this clears some things up.

We will still be putting on more events, and possibly we will look at reposting the event manager hiring thread again.

Status
Not open for further replies.