werkt vs TBA/COR War in Skara Brae

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Really? Your going to do this to an event post.... Just go Glutt, we do not need your comment or opinion.

Oh well -- sorry for trying to encourage more groups to PVP more than just once a year. You seem so defensive on me echoing shane's sentiment that perhaps if you guys grouped up for PVP like you do for PVE you might have fun like this on a nightly basis.

If your reasoning for not doing it is youre scared to die to EQMS then I cant help you get over your fear of dying in a video game.

If your reasoning for not doing it is you dont like big group fights and prefer 4v4s in the pits I cant help you there either.

If your reasoning is you dont want the backlash in the PVP discussion then I can assure you we dont talk shit on new groups trying to PVP as we want to encourage everyone to experience and enjoy group pvp.

Oh well -- sorry for trying to encourage more groups to PVP more than just once a year. You seem so defensive on me echoing shane's sentiment that perhaps if you guys grouped up for PVP like you do for PVE you might have fun like this on a nightly basis.

If your reasoning for not doing it is youre scared to die to EQMS then I cant help you get over your fear of dying in a video game.

If your reasoning for not doing it is you dont like big group fights and prefer 4v4s in the pits I cant help you there either.

If your reasoning is you dont want the backlash in the PVP discussion then I can assure you we dont talk shit on new groups trying to PVP as we want to encourage everyone to experience and enjoy group pvp.

We chose not to make it a consistent thing our guild does because we are doing other things. Events, RDAs and champs keep everyone pretty busy which they love. On our downtime we like to do things on our own. Why always do things as a big guild? every time you log in, your going to be with everyone doing what some people want to do? I don't think so. Its not being about defensive. Its about Explaining that there is more to this server then just pvp, which is something you have not been able to comprehend. but like I said, this is your play style.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Echoing what shane said.... EQMS does all parts of the game and it has only increased our enjoyment as well as increased the health of the server.

I think what hes saying is that if you guys tried out PVP more, you will find it is just as enjoyable as PVE -- plus you have the numbers to be a dominant force with some practice.

Derwolf

Grandmaster
We chose not to make it a consistent thing our guild does because we are doing other things. Events, RDAs and champs keep everyone pretty busy which they love. On our downtime we like to do things on our own. Why always do things as a big guild? every time you log in, your going to be with everyone doing what some people want to do? I don't think so. Its not being about defensive. Its about Explaining that there is more to this server then just pvp, which is something you have not been able to comprehend. but like I said, this is your play style.

PvEQMS

I can say that awhile back when Gluttony was wanting everyone to PvP i told him that it goes both ways and that his guild should PvM as well as PvP if he wants PvMers to PvP. Now his guild loves PvMing just as much as PvPing, so maybe it can happen with you guys too, but for PvP.

Echoing what shane said.... EQMS does all parts of the game and it has only increased our enjoyment as well as increased the health of the server.

I think what hes saying is that if you guys tried out PVP more, you will find it is just as enjoyable as PVE -- plus you have the numbers to be a dominant force with some practice.

Your way of pvp is different than ours Glutt. However, you do not understand that. I am done discussing this with you.
Our guild has become strong and everyone seems pretty happy with how our guild is improving.
Have a good day, Sir.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Claims eqms doesn't talk shit anymore, glut and crew show up to talk shit in the same thread.

Sounds like eqms is #affected by tba and werkt not wanting to play with them.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Claims eqms doesn't talk shit anymore, glut and crew show up to talk shit in the same thread.

Sounds like eqms is #affected by tba and werkt not wanting to play with them.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Trying to argue Shanes point -- that encouraging all groups to get out and PVP only improves the server. Its not like these groups dont have the numbers.... they just dont have the heart <3.

Strigo

Expert
Over the weekend, me and my buddy lost our heads a couple times while fighting outnumbered to werkt, POWER, and EQMS.

werkt asked for 5k. POWER asked 1gp. EQMS asked for 25k and refused any counter-offer.

Every guild calls in. I'm not afraid of dying. I just can't afford dying to the EQMS zerg. That's all.

On topic: Fun event! Thanks all!

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Over the weekend, me and my buddy lost our heads a couple times while fighting outnumbered to werkt, POWER, and EQMS.

werkt asked for 5k. POWER asked 1gp. EQMS asked for 25k and refused any counter-offer.

Every guild calls in. I'm not afraid of dying. I just can't afford dying to the EQMS zerg. That's all.

On topic: Fun event! Thanks all!

p.s.

Maybe if you had more than 3 people vs. our 5 you would have fared better -- i.e. train up your newbs in TBA and get them out on the field. Hell, put an axe in their hands and let em swing away.

Strigo

Expert
p.s.

Maybe if you had more than 3 people vs. our 5 you would have fared better -- i.e. train up your newbs in TBA and get them out on the field. Hell, put an axe in their hands and let em swing away.

you missed the point.

i don't call in to fair fights. i don't instastat. i only ask 1gp-5k for head buybacks. i promote pvp. not in words, but in actions.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
If you enjoy getting ganked and statted then by all means dont train your alliance members in PVP... I personally hate being ganked and train newbs so that I always have an army to PVP with.

Cerebellum

Grandmaster
Sorry -- just echoing Shane's sentiments that perhaps if you guys tried to group PVP more than once a year you might actually have more fun/success.

All im saying is if you think this large group fight event was fun, then why wouldnt you go out and try to have fights like that every night? Theyre out there vs EQMS -- all you have to do is group up and try.

p.s.

no one talked shit about fighting you guys outside of wrong, certainly not in a new thread. There is however a pic of barracoon getting shit on in that fight -- something I think we can all agree is enjoyable to see.

I think your notion of "group pvp" is 1999 nostalgia. It doesn't, and hasn't happened the way it did then. And even then, it wasn't as great as you think you remember it.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member

You are kind of being an example of why they don't get into PvP i think. The more back and fourth posting i'm reading from both ends the more dramatic it is getting and IMO makes me not even want to read it, let alone be a part of it (myself anyways). If i feel like this it makes me wonder if other players feel like this.

These guys i don't think are scared to die, they just don't want to be a part of dramatics and also:

I think your notion of "group pvp" is 1999 nostalgia. It doesn't, and hasn't happened the way it did then. And even then, it wasn't as great as you think you remember it.

This is pretty true.
Things like sallos and UOSTEAM has been an absolute game changer for PvP, specially in large groups since the nostalgic days of large group fighting.

I like both large and smaller fights myself, so i understand both sides.
I think if you want these guys to start getting into large group fighting a bit more, do some setup fights just like they did with them. After awhile they will get use to it and learn some more tactics with larger group fighting. I mean what could it hurt for them to try it a few times? They obviously had fun here- You guys just need to not get personal with attacks like you guys do in the PvP wild west forum.