Why aren't guild sizes limited?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve-o

Grandmaster
Yeah i think it's fucking hilarious when PK's or anyone complains about us implementing a minor perma stat.
Truth is you'd get back into the game faster most likely with perma stat than the system we have now as a PK except you're contributing in some way to the community/economy (buying reagents, scrolls, etc).
the only problem i see here is... i cant keep my pc connected 24/7 to macro back my skills... (i know it's not that long but resist in house from 90 to gm)

thestand

Grandmaster
Yeah i think it's fucking hilarious when PK's or anyone complains about us implementing a minor perma stat.
Truth is you'd get back into the game faster most likely with perma stat than the system we have now as a PK except you're contributing in some way to the community/economy (buying reagents, scrolls, etc).
I don't see how perma stat keeps the newb from quitting after he gets pked.

Baby Blue

Master
- Remove sallos it's toxic.
- Add perma stat for reds, so we can weed out all these fucks. Rebuilding skills isn't hard.
- Bring back order/chaos, factions blow.
- Play UO the way it was meant to be played, that's the nostalgia people miss.
All your suggestions are bad in my opinion.

great message Shane!

start removing the no chop zone, add more pk penalties, remove sallos and remove all target closest/nearest/random/next and you will see all EQMS leave the server.
All your suggestions are bad in my opinion.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
Vet players can construct a character in little to no time. All they need is the scrolls and they are out there in massive numbers.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
If you're a pro pk you have the equipment to use and sell (if you don't loot then that's your own fault). It's not my fault they are too lazy to sell their stuff. That's how I personally survive from what I get and make. I have my own economy plus along side others.

thestand

Grandmaster
The problem isn't the pks. It's the players that think they can go to dungeons and not die. I could be wrong but the only real solution would be to split the shard with a trammel facet.

Mango

Grandmaster
Try to read this, as it's very educational and really shows everyone what i think about over all.

Keep in mind the number one reason people quit is due to being pk'd.
This is an absolute fact and always has been
Basically not being able to even play/grind. Everytime they try as a legit player they just get mowed. People quit so fast over this.

Take your average mediocre "average joe" player as an example:
Player finds UO Forever, hasn't played UO in years or not at all. This player gets set up and logs in finally figures out how to create a char etc. This player does not use 3 accounts. This player also works 50 hour weeks or more, comes home to a naggy wife, puts his kids to bed and finally has some time to enjoy his new found, or returned to favorite game (UOF). This guy logs in, he doesn't macro skills, so he must go out and fight to raise them, maybe he teams up with one or two people from the new guild. They go out, within the first 10 minutes he gets pk'd. He thinks "Oh well, that was exhilarating, part of the game, and goes and restocks. 10 minutes later, BAM get's pk'd again. 9/10 times that guy will log off, and will never play again.

Guess what though?
Mediocre "average joe" is the guy that donates a lot at first because he works a ton, has a wife and kids, and doesn't have much free time to grind and put into UOF every single day.
mediocre "average joe" is that player that makes veterans feel that nostalgic.
mediocre "average joe" is that player that can still be scammed with a scam used back in 2001.
mediocre "average joe" is that player that you see in full plate asking where to buy a horse, or buys/sells horses at WBB.
mediocre "average joe" Is the reason UO FOREVER is where it is.

The guys killing mediocre "average joe"?
The majority of those players log in, PK people and when there's no one left to pk, log out.
The majority of those players are also most vocal about changes/complaints.
The majority of those players do not donate, nor do they PvM or contribute to any other play styles (Some do, i'm not saying ALL)

Sooo... we update, work, market, and pay for ads, to consistently obtain a nice steady flow of mediocre "average joe's" into UO FOREVER , and in the end of ALL of it, UO FOREVER is getting royally fucked in the ass, by that pk player play style.

And the silver lining?
Guess whos money we use to pay for ads and get more people here for those people to have fun with/pk?
That's right, mediocre "average joe's" money, the same average joe player that just wanted to kick back, relax and escape the stress of his life for awhile with what little free time he had.

Can you all totally understand why trammel was implemented now? rofl.. IT blew my mind when i came to all these conclusions by experiencing large guilds, and pk guilds on UOF.

We obviously would never introduce trammel, however you can see how those who give little, ask for a lot while driving away those who give alot and ask for little, and in this situation those who are driven away are supporting the exact people that are driving them away.

All in all,
Having a huge guild constantly zerging definitely drives people away.
Having a huge red guild constantly zerging while pking, can be absolute toxic for a server of this size.

There's 15 thousand players in the new guild.
That tells you how many people join, and quit.
Keep in mind as my original opening statement says, the main reason for people quitting is pk's/unable to play how they wish.
Getting away from 1 or 2 pk's is easy, escaping 10-15 is fucking tough.

I've went above and beyond the issue with larger guilds, but with larger guilds comes larger PK guilds, and all in all it's tying together more than ever lately.

I hope that was a good explanation as to why larger guilds although not breaking rules will need a change and why PK's although not breaking the rules, will need a change.

This is what i think about, my train of thought and that train of thought has done really well for UOFOREVER thus far. This subject is one of the hardest ones i've ever had to deal with on UOF for sure.

Woww, my bf is almost exactly how Shane describes the 'average joe' lol. He loves UO, and gets a great sense of nostalgia whenever he plays. But as the PvM'er of the relationship, he gets in about 20-30 minutes of game time before being ganked, doing 'i seek forgiveness' to res, then getting ganked again (but at a different location), then logging out for a few weeks.

He still thinks global pvp is awesome and that trammel sucks. He loves the game and keeps coming back. But since he was the one who originally introduced me to UO & UOF, it's always kind of a shame for me to see that he's only able to play for 30 minutes before being forced to log, or spend the remainder of his time running to an ahnk, recalling, restocking, and then running out of time.

K A Z

Grandmaster
if perma stat was introduced I would have to overthink my don-loot-newbies policy, I guess. Not sure if perma statloss is something that should be considered - just because it worked 15 years ago doesn't mean it still would today. The blue zerg is real, aswell. I guess most of you haven't had to run through a whole dungeon with blues recalling in left and right trying to cut you off.

K A Z

Grandmaster
EQMS left the first time because target closest was disabled and if im not wrong even AssistUO (uosteam) was disabled....

they dont know how to play without the targetin system...

removing those features would just lead to bad players being even worse and good players adapting like they've always done (nothing would change basically)

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
The problem isn't the pks. It's the players that think they can go to dungeons and not die. I could be wrong but the only real solution would be to split the shard with a trammel facet.

It might not be that PK's are the problem, but i can tell you that lack of penalty is a problem. You did not read my large post here i don't think my man. IT explains it in intense detail.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Woww, my bf is almost exactly how Shane describes the 'average joe' lol. He loves UO, and gets a great sense of nostalgia whenever he plays. But as the PvM'er of the relationship, he gets in about 20-30 minutes of game time before being ganked, doing 'i seek forgiveness' to res, then getting ganked again (but at a different location), then logging out for a few weeks.

He still thinks global pvp is awesome and that trammel sucks. He loves the game and keeps coming back. But since he was the one who originally introduced me to UO & UOF, it's always kind of a shame for me to see that he's only able to play for 30 minutes before being forced to log, or spend the remainder of his time running to an ahnk, recalling, restocking, and then running out of time.

There are so many players on UOF like your boyfriend it's not even funny. The truth is those players are the reason why a lot of these veteran pkers are even here....

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
I will personally go out armed to the teeth with top gear just to die and see if that equipment gets used by those who win it. So far I have yet to see anything I've lost used or sold back into the system.

Again - Perma stat isn't really perma. Skill scrolls are there. Just be more wise with what you loot, use, sell, and do.

Pandone

Grandmaster
I am in kind of agreeance with this, me and Adam both have talked a lot about limitations for guilds.

Some of the alliances on UOF are so huge with so many people and guilds that it has caused some errors in the alliance system itself.
force gms disband/kick all guilds and people redo them. majority of big guild have chars of players who have quitted long time ago.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
On the guild size note - maybe a new menu/way to mass remove/add members would help. it's annoying trying to get rid of a list of people who have left for good one by one by one by one.

Baby Blue

Master
Remove targeting macros and it will further the gap between bad players and good players. People will write EasyUO macros.

Factions are overall much better system than o/c. If you're a pvper, you play in factions. o/c wouldn't change anything... If you don't play factions, you wouldn't play o/c either.

Nostalgic reasons.... a lot people have played this game for so long. They've got better, learned new tricks etc. You cannot take it all away. Accept the fact this game is old and some people are just better than others. If you still play like you did in 2001, you're not as good as you were in 2001. It's almost 2016 for fuck sake.

Sallos is available for everyone. It is very basic client without automatized macros. Taking it away wouldn't do anything good. It's just way nicer client and most of the pvpers loves it.

The no chop zone and point of the bloodshed are great things. I love them just like many others.

PKs... in my opinion the current system is good as it is. If pking is too easy, change something... I don't really care.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Newbs are still going to get pked either way.. if anything perma stat loss would make everyone roll deeper in dungeons wouldn't it?

You're not understanding.
I wouldn't be posting here, keeping up with it and putting attention into this thread if it was a growing issue that me and adam have talked about and been concerned about over the last probably 3-4 months.

We have been trying to just let things work itself out hopefully while giving small insights on what may happen eventually if things get too out of hand over the last year even.

Now i'm currently getting daily complaints, we are getting posts all accross the forums like this.
It's becoming a server wide issue now, not as large as maybe i'm making it out to be, but it will be if things are put in place here.

If perma stat makes people roll deeper, fine, then we can make better rewards to hunt pk's if thats the case. Risk vs Reward.

I'm just pretty tired of losing players to pk's, and when i say losing players i mean we've lost THOUSANDS to this single issue, and those pk's turn around complaining that theres no pvp/action and want us to do more for them. They basically don't feel challenged because theres fucking no risk what so ever to pking as far as i have witnessed lately.

Pandone

Grandmaster
Sallos is available for everyone. It is very basic client without automatized macros. Taking it away wouldn't do anything good. It's just way nicer client and most of the pvpers loves it.

+1 PLUS it's full of graphic bugs. you cannot use it in a lot of spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.