The Meta Dexxer's Lounge and Beard Bar

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Slayer ar works on a chance to proc situation. 6 pieces = 100 chance to proc the slayer reduction. All pieces are weighted equally so each slayer item gives a 16.7% chance to proc.

A couple pieces can work to mitigate continuous damage but if the mob can hit you with surge damage (back to back fs) you run the chance of taking the full damage on both even with 5 pieces.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
This was from the slayer armor guide....http://www.uoforum.com/threads/guide-slayer-armor.42120/

Slayer armor will reduce hit and spell damage by 50% as well as grant 75% spell poison resist chance. The chance of getting this bonus is scaled by the number of slayer pieces you have for that particular foe (e.g. if you have 2 pieces out of 6, then you only have a 33% chance of getting this 50% damage reduction. When you are hit by the corresponding slayer monster, a flash/sound occurs on your character, similar to using a slayer weapon.

bane

Master
If im not mistaking exceptional valorite barding gives 20% damage reduction to the rider. Not sure if left over damage is split amongst the rest of the riders armor before damage actually hits you.

So full slayer armor plus exc val barding should be 70% damage reduction...
I thought at each stage damage reduction effects were applied.
  • First would be Swampy armor (20%) and defense talisman (50%) if you have one equipped. So (100% * (1 - 0.2) * (1 - 0.5)) = 40%
  • Second would be slayer effects (50% reduction) since it is on the armor you are wearing. (40% * (1 - 0.5)) = 20%
  • Then direct damage reduction due to AR and calculation as to whether a parry proc'ed. A nice effect I am hoping is here is that the durability damage is calculated at this stage as well so I don't have to carry 3 Invul Heater shields around forever.
If it was a direct add of damage reduction effects you could get 120% damage reduction and effectively take no damage and we know this isn't the case. So there is some form of diminishing returns the more you stack on.

EDIT: Changed some language here because I am not certain of the order the damage reduction effects stack or if there are other factors that go into the calculation. What I have above is most likely a best case guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

Da Witch Dr

Master
Anyone have a Zerker Relic For Sale!!?? PM

@Zoobler One of the guidies might have an Explosion relic. Ask around. Also Calisifer might have another. I know he has farmed some in the past. I bought mine from him.

does anyone have any recommendations as what to farm for the later levels of the talisman?
im level 7, halfway to 8 and it seems like its taking forever
im using the defense one, i have parry and over 100 at all times

Just hit level 4 (so long as we don't revert). Nox relic at level 4 as well.
I use :

Swords,Tact,Anat,Heal,Nox,Alchy,Resist. Not the greatest as eventually I'd like hide/stealth for Phase(if I ever get it) but for fighting off reds. I love it. Normally carry a Kryss and Long spear, but 95% of the time I'm using my Kyrss.

Also for the champing Berserker. If you have alchy, XP pots give you pretty good score lol
why are you using fencing weapons if your gm swords?

DocOp

Adept
Does the Talisman offer anything without relics? Cause mine has no relics and none to be purchased in the foreseeable future due to my current state of affairs. Relic-less, it's a glorified crucifix, isn't it? The power of Christ compels you

Fattson

Grandmaster
Does the Talisman offer anything without relics? Cause mine has no relics and none to be purchased in the foreseeable future due to my current state of affairs. Relic-less, it's a glorified crucifix, isn't it? The power of Christ compels you

The bonus is nice. You're looking at 15-20 extra damage per hit, per level if you've got a zerker.