2014 Custom House Design Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamaly

Journeyman
My house is more of a Monastery. It's near the hedge maze so I named it Hedgewood Monastery. When you first enter, you are in the courtyard with a formal strolling garden. Off to the side is a small garden where one of the monks enjoys some solitude.

Monastary1_zps70230e3a.png

Going through the door to the north of the courtyard you enter the library. The monks enjoy many hours of illuminating texts and creating rune books for visiting travelers.

Monastary2_zps5289b91f.png

In the south west corner is a teleporter that takes you to the living quarters where the monks sleep and have their meals. Travelers are always welcome to whatever fare they have along with some good wine and entertaining conversation.

Monastary3_zpsa0c60dc8.png

Last is the Chapel. Father Joseph holds services here and has been known to perform the occasional wedding. It is quiet enough here that even Great Harts have been known to stroll in and eat some of the plants.

Monastary4_zps7ba4e54c.png

Please feel free to visit the Monastery and stroll the grounds, catch a service or even a good meal!
Located at (1318,2245)

Desi

Grandmaster
Ooh, Lexington. That looks like one of those elusive private island homes. Did that grill come with the lavish furnishings, or was that purchased separately? Inquiring minds want to know!

And, I am in love with Hamaly's monastery. What a GREAT concept.

C

Carl

Private islands are not allowed to be entered in the competition especially considering I'm the one that built the houses. Sorry Lexington

Sweet Jesus

Master
Welcome to the Guild House of +FU+ (faction guild) It's really nothing special, just a place to call home and to be safe. For some reason, the last 2 wall types on the house customizing menu are not showing up for me. I have friends that say they can see them but I can not. I was wondering if I needed to download something? Since I had a problem with the new walls I did what I could with the old school walls.

8lg4.jpg

43qm.jpg

uq07.jpg

Thank you for taking a moment to look at my house.

Last edited by a moderator:
Magincia Island Palace

Located just south east from New Magincia Moongate @ 50.0 S 162.8 E on Magincia Island.

I felt there was no need for a yard (this allowed for me to go with a grand palace entrance instead) since the island itself is so beautiful..., So I decided to welcome in the beautiful Island environment with my indoor/outdoor, open air design. I like big lofts with an open concept design, and I implemented that into my Palace (small rooms and one tile wide, twisting stair cases that you fall off of, are not my preference. Although they can be very intricate and beautiful, I find beauty in simplicity and functionality when it comes to house layouts. To each their own.).

The open air design invites the natural wildlife into my palace and I often arrive home to see parrots and gorillas wandering about inside which adds to the island "paradise" feel. I tried to stay true to ancient architecture and palace design (I chose the wall and floor types to match that of the actual city of Magincia and its bank area), and everything inside of the house is placed where it is placed for a reason/purpose. Everything "goes". To the smallest detail. I tried to be original in my design/decorating, and a lot of what is in there are complete originals I came up with. Some ideas were inspired from others or even the décor I saw on magincia Island, but I modified everything to try and make them my own and unique in their own ways. I was even able to implement the personal house stable idea that I had suggested in the suggestions section.

I hope you enjoy and thank you for taking the time to look.

View attachment 2243 View attachment 2244 View attachment 2245 View attachment 2246

P.S.

I would list all the house features and unique details, but there is so many and I would much rather you go check it out for yourself. One small thing I will mention because you may not realize, (most people use light filters. I no longer do #nostalgia) but the lighting throughout the house is not just for décor.., it is actually lit throughout the whole house. Thanks again!

open air design like ur gaped b-hole?

blackbeltjones

Grandmaster
My house is more of a Monastery. It's near the hedge maze so I named it Hedgewood Monastery. When you first enter, you are in the courtyard with a formal strolling garden. Off to the side is a small garden where one of the monks enjoys some solitude.

Monastary1_zps70230e3a.png

Going through the door to the north of the courtyard you enter the library. The monks enjoy many hours of illuminating texts and creating rune books for visiting travelers.

Monastary2_zps5289b91f.png

In the south west corner is a teleporter that takes you to the living quarters where the monks sleep and have their meals. Travelers are always welcome to whatever fare they have along with some good wine and entertaining conversation.

Monastary3_zpsa0c60dc8.png

Last is the Chapel. Father Joseph holds services here and has been known to perform the occasional wedding. It is quiet enough here that even Great Harts have been known to stroll in and eat some of the plants.

Monastary4_zps7ba4e54c.png

Please feel free to visit the Monastery and stroll the grounds, catch a service or even a good meal!
Located at (1318,2245)

GAME OVER, Everyone drop out now!!!!

Hamaly

Journeyman
Hahahahahaha, shoosh Blackbelt! I love looking here to see what everyone builds. There are some really great ideas out there. I like how versatile the building tool lets you be.

C

Carl

Keep in mind we unlocked the rest of the walls, floors, archers, doors etc 2 patches ago. So your not limited to the same old textures. Nice work so far guys/gals.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Well, I had hoped that my private hot tub hideaway would be ready by now. Unfortunately the four slovenly buggers I hired to clear the land have been struggling for days to clear a pile of rubble from the site. They say they are getting close, and that maybe if someone had set foot on this barren wasteland of a plot in the last thousand years it wouldn't be taking so long. Well, lets head out across the ol' walkway from Castle Karl and see if we can catch them milking the clock!

Hmm.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Looks like they have been working alright. And it looks like they found....something....

Down the ladder we go!
View attachment 2550
Well well well. Looks like we have ourselves a good old fashioned gargish temple of study, hundreds of years old if not more judging by the condition of the walls - and the fact that it is entirely encased in snow. Doubtless this room is the alchemists lab. No telling what kind of drugs - uhhh, I mean knowledge - they have squirreled away in here. This should prove most fruitful! Still no sign of those lazy sods though, no doubt they have found the bedchambers and are engaged in the age old Sosarian tradition of 'sleeping while the boss is not around'....

Down to the next level!

View attachment 2435

Now, this is getting rather troubling. This is clearly not your standard temple. If there's one thing I know when I see it, it's a TORTURE DUNGEON! Who can say what acts of suffering and dark blood rituals have been conducted here in millennia past...and still no sign of those accursed wretches! What do they think I am paying them for - to play hide and go seek while I slave away trying to procure the gold I need to pay them for their 'work'?

It looks like there is a pathway leading below ground. Surely those ne'er-do-well laborers are down one more level relaxing while quaffing tankards of the finest gargish wines. That is MY wine you drunkards!

Onward!

View attachment 2436

What in gods name....

don't. move.
View attachment 2551

The deepest sanctum of this unholy temple! A place for these gargish scum to conduct their dark ceremonies, hide their ill gotten plunder and store the supplies needed to withstand the harshest winters of Dagger Isle.

It appears that a family of spiders has taken hold unfortunately, but no matter. They can be dealt with, their cobwebs removed, and this loot plundered all in good time!

Best of all my labor problem has apparently solved itself - and even better: my payroll runs bi-weekly! Damn it's nice to be rich!

HIRING MINERS AND LUMBERJACKS FOR LAND CLEARING!! Pay commensurate with experience. Apply at coordinates: 3951, 394.

e: collapsed cellar so had to redo it

Last edited by a moderator:

Doomsayer

Grandmaster
I keep coming back to this thread just to watch Hamalys Monastery but damn Karl, that's a really nice one too. Awesome design!

TheGooch

Master
I keep coming back to this thread just to watch Hamalys Monastery but damn Karl, that's a really nice one too. Awesome design!
Yea, I think it's gonna be a toss up between the monastery and Karl's. Some of the smaller plots on the first and second page are nice also.

Status
Not open for further replies.