50 level 1 treasure maps

Would you do it?

• Yes, 50 lvl 1 t-maps sounds like a lot of fun!

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • Hell no! Not worth the time!

Votes: 21 46.7%

• Total voters

jkg8787

Master
Also: thoughts on location finding? Are people using the old stratics map database? Is there anything more efficient?

Also I heard that the Davie's Jones Locker stores the location of completed maps making future maps easier to do. Is this true? A Locker costs 10k Donation Coins so I've been debating dropping 1.7 to 2mill on one, but if it can significantly speed my times up in location finding I might be interested.

I found out the hardway that the 300k gold Map Storage Cabinet =/= the 1.7mil to 2mil Davey's Locker. Oh well the cabinet is still nice.

Last edited:

jkg8787

Master
I only recall once to the spot/area where the treasure is. I use this page:http://uo.stratics.com/thb/info/maparchive/Archive1.shtml
and then just use the sextant if I'm unsure, it's often easier than recalling back and forth, keeping my rune-library in my house instead to clear up space in my backpack.
No no, I get that. But there are some spots where there is literally 4-5 blue pins all TOUCHING each other. So youre like "ok my map is one of these 5 locations that are all touching each other on Stratics". Really annoying to have to recall back to your library/public library. I found just keeping them all in my backpack was faster/easier. Personal preference.

wkstrm

Master
Also: thoughts on location finding? Are people using the old stratics map database? Is there anything more efficient?

Also I heard that the Davie's Jones Locker stores the location of completed maps making future maps easier to do. Is this true? A Locker costs 10k Donation Coins so I've been debating dropping 1.7 to 2mill on one, but if it can significantly speed my times up in location finding I might be interested.

I found out the hardway that the 300k gold Map Storage Cabinet =/= the 1.7mil to 2mil Davey's Locker. Oh well the cabinet is still nice.

Using the Stratics page is fast enough. Unless you think it's so important to save a few seconds that is.
Once you learn to recognize the different spots it's quite fast to use the stratics site. And if you hit the wrong spot, just use the sextant and run to the next spot (if you are unsure between two spots close to eachothers).

No no, I get that. But there are some spots where there is literally 4-5 blue pins all TOUCHING each other. So youre like "ok my map is one of these 5 locations that are all touching each other on Stratics". Really annoying to have to recall back to your library/public library. I found just keeping them all in my backpack was faster/easier. Personal preference.

13 rune books takes up 13 items of 125 in your backpack. 1 sextant lets you hold up to 12 items more. ;)

Maybe I'm just old fashioned. :)

Bloo

Adept

I have a davies. I only bought it bc i hated tmapping without it. I refused to use stratics website after a few times...too trdious and time consuming.

With davies, all you do is decode a ton of maps and add them all to davies (holds 500). It tells you the rune number so no onewasting time on stratics. It's life made e z

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
@shirtandpantsman that guy was the person posting above you, batman.. he's offering 35k right now for level 6 maps.. (or 30k).. I think he's crazy.. (this made more sense when I thought I was the next poster lol)

It's still a lot of work to do, and process these maps, and while a level 5 map can range 30k to 70k in profits, it all depends on what vanqs you get, how fast you can liquidate them, if you get portal frags (i did 50 and got 0), or if you are able to stay alive to keep your profits rolling in efficiently. Just removing the portal frags from the above assessment, brings the average map to 33,500. How much of that do you think it's fair for the seller of the map to get, when all he's done is grabbed a map off a mob, while the person processing the map takes 15 minutes to do the map, then another 5 minutes in ID'n, selling, and processing the junk (hopefully people do that in the background). In my eyes, 30% of the profit going to the map seller is already too high, but level 5 maps have stabilized around 10k per.

Last edited:

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
Just a reminder:
https://www.uoforum.com/threads/treasure-hunting-with-efficiency.98441/
there are links to steam macros and such in there for ID and sort.

Update for those keeping track:

Assumptions:
- I adjusted the minutes / map based on my findings as a provo / mage
- if you are using a tamer, you are much more effective on the higher level maps
- if you have a Davies locker, you can get multiples of the same location and increase gold/hour
- minutes / map is also based on using a macro to loot your chest
- doesn't include the additional frags you may find - consider them a bonus

Level 1 maps: 3,468 / map (2.5 minutes / map) 83k / hour
Level 2 maps: 7,599 / map (5 minutes / map) 91k / hour
Level 3 maps: 13,412 / map (8.5 minutes / map) 95k / hour
Level 4 maps: 20,061 / map (12 minutes / map) 100k / hour (found 2 frags on 50 maps)
Level 5 maps: 33,500 / map (15 minutes / map) 134k / hour* (found 4 frags on 50 maps)

*With level 5 & 6 maps the drop rates on portal frags are noticeably higher, as well the drop rate on vanqs seems to go up quite a bit. There are significantly more items to process as well, so takes a bunch of time after you've done the actual map to realize those profits.

batman

Grandmaster
Its all about your preference of course.. I understand giving someone 15k for a lvl 5 map is over paying... So i only make 15k back up too 250k 300k which is a portal and vanqs wich both sell b4 i pay a vendor fee {instantly} if i buy 13 lvl 5 tmaps for 15k and i get one portal... I just made 100 percent profit after selling the portal frag... I am taking 100 percent of the riak that i can get one portal per every 13 maps.. And banking the rest... Also if they take portals out of the game than ill take my money buy a maxxed meta and fnd something else too do...

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I really like parsnip's map - I just wish the graphics that pop up, were updated to the actual map graphic in game - then it'd be the only way to go (other than a Davies).

@batman - I hear you, but stop driving prices up! :)

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I haven't looked at the co-ords at all, just the picture, the number, and everything has matched up on the 30 or so maps I've done.

wkstrm

Master
I haven't looked at the co-ords at all, just the picture, the number, and everything has matched up on the 30 or so maps I've done.

It's just in those cases when you have a few pins in a cluster it might be good to see the real coords.
I guess I'll have to get a Davie Jones locker then to use the UOF map. :D

batman

Grandmaster
It is.. Thats the fastest way to tmap
B4 i bought mine i had to decode map go to stratics hope they werent close together bring a sextant if i was wrong find it.. Now i decode throw in locker go to my tmap library in same room and end up on top 100% of time

wkstrm

Master
B4 i bought mine i had to decode map go to stratics hope they werent close together bring a sextant if i was wrong find it.. Now i decode throw in locker go to my tmap library in same room and end up on top 100% of time

But that kind of takes away from the game, doesn't it?

I shall not say one or anothers playstyle is wrong, but I don't mind ending up in the wrong spot every now and then. I play for fun, and for me, it's not the whole world if I miss a spot and have to run a bit. :)

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I'm somewhere in the middle of where you are wkstrm, and where batman is.. I do different aspects of the game, to enjoy the mechanics, learn the mechanics, streamline the mechanics, and then one day I look back and decide.. wow, this is no longer fun.. I wish I had it in me, just to enjoy the system for what it is. I got my tmapping to the point where I can blow through maps pretty quick, and get rich. The thing is, I don't see the point in getting rich, so I've lost my urge to t-hunt.. :(

I think you play to enjoy it, while batman, is playing to get rich.. so all me somewhere in the middle I guess.. Or I'm just an odd duck.. :)

batman

Grandmaster
I'm somewhere in the middle of where you are wkstrm, and where batman is.. I do different aspects of the game, to enjoy the mechanics, learn the mechanics, streamline the mechanics, and then one day I look back and decide.. wow, this is no longer fun.. I wish I had it in me, just to enjoy the system for what it is. I got my tmapping to the point where I can blow through maps pretty quick, and get rich. The thing is, I don't see the point in getting rich, so I've lost my urge to t-hunt.. :(

I think you play to enjoy it, while batman, is playing to get rich.. so all me somewhere in the middle I guess.. Or I'm just an odd duck.. :)

100% correct!! Im not in it to get lost when i log in i want to avg around 3 to 5k every minute im on... And with vendors and tmaps is easily accomplished

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster

I'll be honest, I throw away or sell on my vendor any tmaps in the Britain crossroads area... I just don't even bother trying to find the right spot in that area it's too annoying with too many locations smashed into the same area. I use the Stratics map, too poor for Davie Jones at the moment after buying my tmap book and cabinet which are both underwhelming purhcases

and I have no idea how to use a sextant

batman

Grandmaster
i dont do tmaps in brit xroads either i have 2 chest i put them all into after decoding them
i also bought the book and cabinet and both are pointless so i sold them both at a discount
and bought a locker and it has changed the way and how much gold i can make...when you go to
http://uo.stratics.com/thb/info/maparchive/Archive1.shtml
and go to your number under it...it will show you the coords and double click your sextant till
your right on top of it...it is so slow that way if you miss the spot you looking for

jkg8787

Master
Using the Stratics page is fast enough. Unless you think it's so important to save a few seconds that is.
Once you learn to recognize the different spots it's quite fast to use the stratics site. And if you hit the wrong spot, just use the sextant and run to the next spot (if you are unsure between two spots close to eachothers).

13 rune books takes up 13 items of 125 in your backpack. 1 sextant lets you hold up to 12 items more. ;)

Maybe I'm just old fashioned. :)
Yes agreed on all counts.

I'm sure the Davie's will be faster. But 1.7-2million gold for seconds quicker is why I haven't bought it yet.

Also I have a set of 20 books. 10 each book. Makes it easier to use a Base-10 system for me arranged in layers of 5.

And while I do agree on the room thing, I don't loot on my T-mapper. My T-mapper has mage/hiding/cart/lock/vet/animal lore/meditation

I dig up the chest then I run away and hide. He only comes back if im fighting a tough monster and need 2x heals on pets. So the extra items aren't an issue.

But I do agree its time consuming to make them and also takes up my whole frreaking backpack lol.

Not trying to suggest my way is perfect, just listing stuff I've personally found helpful to help others.