50 level 1 treasure maps

Would you do it?

• Yes, 50 lvl 1 t-maps sounds like a lot of fun!

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • Hell no! Not worth the time!

Votes: 21 46.7%

• Total voters

jkg8787

Master
I have a davies. I only bought it bc i hated tmapping without it. I refused to use stratics website after a few times...too trdious and time consuming.

With davies, all you do is decode a ton of maps and add them all to davies (holds 500). It tells you the rune number so no onewasting time on stratics. It's life made e z
Yea thats what I heard. I reckon this would speed me up, but is it 2 million gold worth of speeding up? Haha.

jkg8787

Master
But that kind of takes away from the game, doesn't it?

I shall not say one or anothers playstyle is wrong, but I don't mind ending up in the wrong spot every now and then. I play for fun, and for me, it's not the whole world if I miss a spot and have to run a bit. :)
I appreciate this attitude. But I think everyone has a limit. I've done about 300-400 tmaps this month. While it's been fun its also been tedious. I've been trying to streamline and make things as efficient as possible.

After doing something a certain number of times, if I can do it slightly faster but in maybe a "cheesey" way I'll take it. Scripting PvP is a big no-no for me. But PvM is another story.

jkg8787

Master
I'll be honest, I throw away or sell on my vendor any tmaps in the Britain crossroads area... I just don't even bother trying to find the right spot in that area it's too annoying with too many locations smashed into the same area. I use the Stratics map, too poor for Davie Jones at the moment after buying my tmap book and cabinet which are both underwhelming purhcases

and I have no idea how to use a sextant
Sextant is just double click. It reads off 2 sets of co-ordinates. Travelling North-to-South is one value, West-to-East is the other value.

And I feel you on the frustration of some map locations. Before I really got into it, I was attempting this before when I only had 2 young dragons and didn't bother using my archer. Just young drags + a t-map/backup veterinarian. I kept getting smashed in the Bucs area where the undead rats/Red NPCs and other BS spawns. Even just recalling in was a nightmare. I would just trash those maps.

Eventually now I have WW/Dragon and I use my Archer too (just gotta add your other characters and pets to "Friends" list so you dont attack them in the Bucs perma-grey area) and its super easy.

But thats why I was mentioning making/buying your own personal TMap Runebooks. When you get an area with 5 locations all close together its much easier having your own runebooks in your bag and can quickly hit the areas up in succession.

jkg8787

Master

batman

Grandmaster
50 Lvl 6 tmaps

This time i did keep the stuff of spawn but
did not keep bone armor or scrolls out of chest/monsters
And this time it took 25 mins per and 2 weeks off and on

The reason there is so many reagents is balrons and ancient wyrms
bp 14814
bm 14438
gl 13962
gs 14781
mr 15289
ns 15437
ss 14924
sa 14719
sold on vendor for (354412 k)

1344 diff colored dragon scales
for total on vendor of (40320 k)

skills scrolls including 2 taming
total (699k) all sold on vendor

glowing ruins (12k worth)

maps 4 lvl 6s 25k per and 6 lvl 5s total (160k)

barbed leather 4440 at 20 per (88k)

quest vanqs x20 at 8k per (160k)
emm vanqs x5 at 10k per (50k)
exc vanqs x1 at 12k per (12k)
supreme vanqs x5 at 30k per (150k)
(372k total)

gold jewels armor weapons etc
(1,837,000)

all in all total (3,563,532)

divide by 50 is (71k per map)

also got x5 portal frags 1,000,000

moral of story with frags i only got one more frag compared to when i did 50 lvl 5 tmaps
so this shows how random a protal frag is...all thou i did do alot of 5s in between and got 2 more
portals there is no more chance of getting one from a 5 or a 6 but a big jump from lvl 1-4

total with frags (4,563,532) divide by 50 (91k) per lvl 6 tmap
i will be doing this experiment again on both lvl 5s and 6s
just too see if there is really a diff or if it will be totally random again next time
thank you

wkstrm

Master
50 Lvl 6 tmaps

total with frags (4,563,532) divide by 50 (91k) per lvl 6 tmap
i will be doing this experiment again on both lvl 5s and 6s
just too see if there is really a diff or if it will be totally random again next time
thank you

Now that is quality! Wish I could do level 6 maps! :D

batman

Grandmaster
Now that is quality! Wish I could do level 6 maps! :D

if i were you and if you can i would stick to lvl 5s
it takes a long time to aquire 50 lvl 6 tmaps and can
be costly if you dont have 5 10 people who are willing
to sell them only too you when they get them..lvl 5s are everywere
cheap and can be done very fast without dying over and over..

girana

Grandmaster
moral of story with frags i only got one more frag compared to when i did 50 lvl 5 tmaps
so this shows how random a protal frag is...all thou i did do alot of 5s in between and got 2 more
portals there is no more chance of getting one from a 5 or a 6 but a big jump from lvl 1-4

frags are not random they got fixed odds.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
huhh?? Portals are not random??

they aren't "random" - fixed odds, just means that RNG says you could get none in 50 maps, or 15 in 50 maps.. but over 1000 maps, you'll even out to the true percentage..

pretty close to random, but girana likes to troll..

wkstrm

Master
they aren't "random" - fixed odds, just means that RNG says you could get none in 50 maps, or 15 in 50 maps.. but over 1000 maps, you'll even out to the true percentage..

pretty close to random, but girana likes to troll..

I've done 50 lvl 1 maps and didn't get one, I did 50 lvl 2 maps and didn't get one. Then I did like 1 or 2 random lvl 1 and got one.
Now I'm working my way thorugh nearly 400 lvl 1's, going to be interesting to see how that pans out and if I get a portal gem or not. ;)

wkstrm

Master
400 level 1 maps!
So I just finished off 400 level 1 maps. Or, it would have been 395 if I hadn't accidently thrown away one loot bag with the contents from 3 chests and the fact that I could not be bothered with finding the remianing 5 maps that was missing from getting 400 maps. A big thank you to @Yoar who donated 386 maps to me! And a huge thank you to my giant beetle Ursula, without it this would not be possible!

After sorting the maps, bonding my beetle and so on I could start this endavour. Lucky for me, I had many of the maps in the same spot. More often like 3-10 in the same spot so it was more or less only recall in and dig up a bunch.

The yield then...

Gold from the chests plus killing the spawn, and a few of the world spawns landed me 653793 gold coins. An additional 54082 gold was from the gems, about 120-130 of each.

I got 1133 armour pieces, of which 190 was invul. Sorting out the "unusable" parts netted me 46 good invul pieces. There was 965 weapons, of which 98 was of power. You'd be surprised how many bad power weapons there are, so after sorting out the bad ones I was left with 18 that I think I can sell or use myself. I found 23 slayers, of which surprisingly many was skinning knives, but I fiugured I could use or sell about 13 of those slayer weapons. After selling the discarded weapons and armour I had 567575 gold. I have not yet tried to sell either the weapons or armour I kept, so I don't count that into the equation.

7893 Mandrake Root
6322 Black Pearls
7306 Blood Moss
7308 Sulforush Ash
8004 Spiders Silk
7025 Ginseng
6799 Garlic
7539 Nighshade
This is the regs tally!

I also found one portal fragment, sold on my vendor for 200000. Since this is an item of extreme chance I won't calculate this into an expected yield from a level 1 chest.

I also got 1578 yards of spined leather from the unlucka ratmen that spawned and an additional 1153 bones from zimbies that spawned. Those will come in handy for when I'm going to train the higher tailoring and filling BODs.

Anyway, summed up, the total yield from 392 level 1 chests are a whooping 1275450 (1475450 with the portal fragment) gold! This gives that the value from every chest averages on 3253 (3764 if you get lucky and find a portal fragment). This puts my initial post at shame where I claim that each chest gives about 3468 gold. Does this mean I've lost roughly 78500 (392*200) gold coins by doing a shitload of maps?

Also worth mentioning is that I found 47 ID-wands with 3990 charges (an average of 85 charges each), this means that basically every 8th level 1 map drops a ID wand.

I also got a half full keg of greater refresh potions and a fireball wand (IDOC loot that spawned) while doing the maps. I also met a lot of nice people and one not so ince that PK'ed me, only taking my head though and sparing my beetle! :)

Next mission: 100 or 50 Mibs, depending on if I find it to tiresome! :)
Just need to train yet another character for this!

Shortbus

Grandmaster
Side note from when I did mibs...

Keeping only Vanqs (quest only, not daggers/knives/cleavers/etc) and Invul Plate and Leather as well as regs...

I was averaging anywhere from 10-15k per. The slowtime is plotting them all out in UOAM and then grabbing the stacks that are close to each other.

Then you have the spawns (1 deep water, 1 regular water) that the deep has a chance for a Barnacle Encrusted Ingot needed for galleons, which I remember when they were selling for 50k+ per and now go for 15-20k per if you are lucky.

Very easy money, especially when you know how to fight from and with a boat.

Sorry I don't have exact numbers though, but 10-15k per after gold and selling junk isn't bad...and each one has a green net, which is 2k or so per (kept them as well).