50 level 1 treasure maps

Would you do it?

• Yes, 50 lvl 1 t-maps sounds like a lot of fun!

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • Hell no! Not worth the time!

Votes: 21 46.7%

• Total voters

jkg8787

Master
I feel like I'm never gonna find cheap tmaps on vendors again...

what was someone saying about a guy cornering the market on lvl 6 maps? a year ago I'd find those for around 10k, the last ones I've seen are 35k+
Well we've gotten some raw numbers. But I don't think I've seen comparisons? Are level 1s better than say level 3s because you can do them quicker? Or?

I've basically ONLY been doing Tmaps this month. Done so many. But I've been sticking to Adeptly and Cleverlys mostly.

Also
50 lvl 5s

did not loot any weapons off mobs
did not loot scrolls or any bone armor
Just curious about these and the reasonings? I've gotten a nice Vanq bow recently off a regular old ogre, let alone level 5 Tmap MOBs.

And by scrolls do you mean FROM the chest? Its important to pull everything out of the chest for maximum spawn. You might leave 5 scrolls thinking they aren't important when if you took them you could get a Paragon Whatever with 2.5x gold and chance of chest (hypothetical example).

Also bone armor is some of the best in game. High AR with no dex loss. Invuln/Fort Bone AR is great.

girana

Grandmaster
Well we've gotten some raw numbers. But I don't think I've seen comparisons? Are level 1s better than say level 3s because you can do them quicker? Or?

well that for everyone diffrent with all the diffrent templates and playstyles.

you got here the avg Gold perMap.
get your own clearspeed timings.

do the math whats best for yourself.

:).

batman

Grandmaster
I don't sell armor on my vendors and npc vendors dont buy bone armor so it goes to the ground... I throw scrolls out of chest into corpses or on ground..also anything under a lvl 4 tmap i throw on ground.. I dont loot spawned weapons even off of ancient wyrms or balrons on lvl 6s.so if i did on this 50 tmaps you might could add another 50 too 100k..it really is just a preference and my preference is too get the chest main loot throw rest on ground and get out..

jkg8787

Master

Right. I guess it was more of a rhetorical question maybe.

I just was questioning his being sad at being unable to find low level maps. In 24 hours I've gotten 60Adept and 80Cleverly from the Yew area.

I do Tamer + Lvl 4 Berzerker Archer + a t-mapper/spare Veterinarian. There's no way it takes me 15 min to do a level 5 chest. 10 Max id say.

I guess what I'm asking is does anyone have information on their personal opinion on best map level to do?

batman

Grandmaster

Exactly.. You might use weapons so it wont cost as much... Unless ur using arrows... A mage obviously would be the costliest way to go.. Aso the cost od the maps will be a huge factor... I pay really high prices for my maps to "corner" the market because this is 90 percent of what i do on this game so im not actually making 200k per hour after i pay fr the maps.. Its an estimate of whats possible in any given 50 lvl 5 tmaps

jkg8787

Master
I don't sell armor on my vendors and npc vendors dont buy bone armor so it goes to the ground... I throw scrolls out of chest into corpses or on ground..also anything under a lvl 4 tmap i throw on ground.. I dont loot spawned weapons even off of ancient wyrms or balrons on lvl 6s.so if i did on this 50 tmaps you might could add another 50 too 100k..it really is just a preference and my preference is too get the chest main loot throw rest on ground and get out..
Right. Wasn't saying you were doing it wrong, just getting your perspective. I loot everything I can off corpses and chest and then just stick it in between my 3 houses. After a couple days of TMaps Ill have about 900-1500 items to ID and sort through.

I personally have a bunch of dexers so keep any good armor/weapons (although I'm a huge packrat and will probably never use the Vanq-Slayer-Daggers and other stuff like that)

At the very least though I'd recommend taking everything out of the chest. If not for yourself (like I said its potentially more spawn) then to make it easier on the next Tmapper (although sometimes I like taking leftovers for extra spawn. I just dont like going grey to take 10 scrolls and a floppy hat).

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
true the cost of purchasing the tmaps needs to be factored in, and prices will likely go up

I think the loot over time ratio is pretty much the same whether you're doing lvl 1 or 6 maps, it balances out pretty evenly - which is why it's such a good strategy if you're a noob on the this server.. start doing those lvl 1 tmaps! the risk vs reward on those is nuts

the only real factor is whether the chest will spawn MOTM, and if you can't handle high level tmaps easily then that will slow you down too

the main gap to me is the looting/sorting automation, I've never had a reason to look at the Agents tab in Razor until now and I don't know wtf I'm doing in there

also - not looting weapons off mobs? wtf? I can understand not looting noob shit but an ancient wyrm? cray cray

I only keep invuln/vanqs from tmaps, sometimes a really good power or a slayer, but I do keep bone armor, it is great throw away shit but you have to again have a dexer and die alot to appreciate cheap throwaway armor

Last edited:

jkg8787

Master
true the cost of purchasing the tmaps needs to be factored in, and prices will likely go up

I think the loot over time ratio is pretty much the same whether you're doing lvl 1 or 6 maps, it balances out pretty evenly

the only real factor is whether the chest will spawn MOTM, and if you can't handle high level tmaps easily then that will slow you down too

the main gap to me is the looting/sorting automation, I've never had a reason to look at the Agents tab in Razor until now and I don't know wtf I'm doing in there
My "looter" is on steam. Other 2 are on razor. Steam is just too powerful.

Im going to switch to auto-ID-and-sort through steam soon when i can get the scripts and get them going.

Also I was just debating to myself your above point. Lets use random numbers and just gold.

Say lvl 1 gives 5k
lvl 6 gives 30k

Lvl 1 takes 3 minutes, level 6 takes 18 minutes. Then its an "equal haul". BUT you have to factor in other stuff like finding the right area, recalling in, gating other characters in etc etc. Sometimes there will be 4-5 locations side-by-side so you end up checking all 4.

Therefore it might be more efficient to do a lvl 6 tmap even though the gold/min is the same simply because its less "work" than recalling to all 4 spots to check.

But then again higher level maps have more loot and often I will have to drop off stuff, manage stuff on my one guy with beetle or do stuff like drop 50 scrolls to a random corpse. Whereas a level 1 would have less loot and can be all done in one trip and very easy to [organizeme drop off and hit the next one.

Really I guess only way to tell is for me to do 50 lvl 1 and 50 lvl 5 and compare the time/gold etc, but im having fun thinking about it anyways

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
My "looter" is on steam. Other 2 are on razor. Steam is just too powerful.

Im going to switch to auto-ID-and-sort through steam soon when i can get the scripts and get them going.

Also I was just debating to myself your above point. Lets use random numbers and just gold.

Say lvl 1 gives 5k
lvl 6 gives 30k

Lvl 1 takes 3 minutes, level 6 takes 18 minutes. Then its an "equal haul". BUT you have to factor in other stuff like finding the right area, recalling in, gating other characters in etc etc. Sometimes there will be 4-5 locations side-by-side so you end up checking all 4.

Therefore it might be more efficient to do a lvl 6 tmap even though the gold/min is the same simply because its less "work" than recalling to all 4 spots to check.

But then again higher level maps have more loot and often I will have to drop off stuff, manage stuff on my one guy with beetle or do stuff like drop 50 scrolls to a random corpse. Whereas a level 1 would have less loot and can be all done in one trip and very easy to [organizeme drop off and hit the next one.

Really I guess only way to tell is for me to do 50 lvl 1 and 50 lvl 5 and compare the time/gold etc, but im having fun thinking about it anyways

if you had god mode and instakilled every mob on the screen, you would definitely net more gold over time doing level 6 maps than level 1, especially if you looted the mobs **edit** -- I guess you'd also have to factor in if you paid extremely cheap for lvl 1 maps compared to jacked up crazy prices on lvl 6

I would say the best way to maximise profit over time is to do the highest level tmap you can easily handle without dying a bunch or having to gate in all your chars etc

jkg8787

Master
I've never tried a 6 yet, but I crush Deviously and Cleverly and below are a breeze. I've done probably 300 maps this month alone and gone from basically not knowing what I was doing to a very efficient system. I have specific spots my characters stand and a specific gameplan that I never deviate from. It's probably the best gold I've ever made. Very quick as well as near infinite (provided youve got the maps) and very little PKs. Ive gotten chased off once by a group of 6 that just happened to be near. Fought a red for 20min until I just got bored and left a bit of crap on chest and left and had one griefer-grey.

Other than that it's amazing. Especially 2x weekend. I was getting Paragon HaLOLween mobs that were giving me 1000-2000 Talisman Exp per MOB etc etc. And the other day I got 2 IDOC chests full of skill scrolls and body paint and other one full of Regs. Rare Halloween statue. Tons of paragon chests. 5 or 6 HaLOLween chests etc etc.

Why hunt monsters, when you can make the monsters come to you.

jkg8787

Master
Also just randomly realized that the guy above says he doesn't take any maps under level 4.....in a thread about doing low level maps.

Facepalm.

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
I've never tried a 6 yet, but I crush Deviously and Cleverly and below are a breeze. I've done probably 300 maps this month alone and gone from basically not knowing what I was doing to a very efficient system. I have specific spots my characters stand and a specific gameplan that I never deviate from. It's probably the best gold I've ever made. Very quick as well as near infinite (provided youve got the maps) and very little PKs. Ive gotten chased off once by a group of 6 that just happened to be near. Fought a red for 20min until I just got bored and left a bit of crap on chest and left and had one griefer-grey.

Other than that it's amazing. Especially 2x weekend. I was getting Paragon HaLOLween mobs that were giving me 1000-2000 Talisman Exp per MOB etc etc. And the other day I got 2 IDOC chests full of skill scrolls and body paint and other one full of Regs. Rare Halloween statue. Tons of paragon chests. 5 or 6 HaLOLween chests etc etc.

Why hunt monsters, when you can make the monsters come to you.

exactly why tmaps are great for new players, it's a steady stream of loot and gold where you get to keep 99% of it instead of losing 50% of your shit getting pked every 10 minutes killing liches or dragons in Destard

treasure hunting is chill, but I use it for opportunity pvp, if there is another tmapper in my area I will grief them and harass them and steal their loot, unless it looks like a noob

tamers doing tmappers are hilarious to pk, they're usually alt tabbed on their other char thinking they are untouchable and cant react before youve killed them in 1 mana dump or 3 hits with a wepaon while their pets barely have time to touch you

edit: the hardest part for me was figuring out the tmap runes system, before I made a tmapper I always wondered why I'd see those runebooks people had labed 10-15, 15-25, etc lol

Last edited:

wkstrm

Master

I think the loot over time ratio is pretty much the same whether you're doing lvl 1 or 6 maps, it balances out pretty evenly - which is why it's such a good strategy if you're a noob on the this server.. start doing those lvl 1 tmaps! the risk vs reward on those is nuts

also - not looting weapons off mobs? wtf? I can understand not looting noob shit but an ancient wyrm? cray cray

I only keep invuln/vanqs from tmaps, sometimes a really good power or a slayer, but I do keep bone armor, it is great throw away shit but you have to again have a dexer and die alot to appreciate cheap throwaway armor

In Razor on the Agents tab, go to re-stock agent 1.
Click on "add item" button, target gold and enter like 10000.
Then click on additme again, target all your regs and enter 1000.
then do the same on gems, armour, weapons and scrolls.

If you feel advanced, click the "set hotbag" button and target an empty container.

Go to "hot keys" tab, set a hotkey for your restock agent.

when you've dug up the chest, unlocked it and cast teleknesis to trigger the trap.
stand next to the chest, hit the hotkey for your restock agent and watch the loot fly into your backpack or hoitbag! :)

The organizer agents works the same.
altough, here you would probably want to make one for weapons, one for armor, one for regs/gems/gold.

Then if you use a 2nd account as a ID-char you can use the organizer agents to sort your loot even more. Play around a bit with it, it's pretty simple when you understand how it works. It's just setting things up that might take some time. I usually add items to the agents along the way.

Word of caution here though, the restock agent will pull items fast and it might be hard to keep up with the spawn if the chest is of higher level. So you might want to stop the agent now and then. you can do it by pushing the hotkey again. :)

I've been tinkering around with this a bit, and found that I prefer to divide the restock agent into fractions. Gold/gems/regs in one agent, weapons in one and armour in one and another one for the scrolls.

While doing the level 2's I found out that my crappy provo dexxer sometimes had a hard time handling the spawn. But I think my average time per chest was about 10 mins. I am for sure not the quickest on doing this. I guess using a tamer is the best way!

jkg8787

Master
exactly why tmaps are great for new players, it's a steady stream of loot and gold where you get to keep 99% of it instead of losing 50% of your shit getting pked every 10 minutes killing liches or dragons in Destard

treasure hunting is chill, but I use it for opportunity pvp, if there is another tmapper in my area I will grief them and harass them and steal their loot, unless it looks like a noob

tamers doing tmappers are hilarious to pk, they're usually alt tabbed on their other char and cant react before youve killed them in 1 mana dump or 3 hits with a wepaon while their pets barely have time to touch you
Ahh I definitely haven't run into you then. I've had nothing but pleasant encounters. A few tmappers I've recognized. Helped the SIR guild kill a paragon-HaLOLween and had a random res me after a paragon-haLOLween wiped all 3 of my chars in about 5seconds flat.

Not to brag, but I'm basically a PvPer by nature. The PvM stuff is new to me. If I got attacked I'd be fine. I run all 3 accounts on one monitor (even though I have multiple, I found using more monitors was killing my time. Efficiency went up by having 3 all on one screen)

Although I use WW/Dragon so I'm off mount. I basically stale-mated with the Red that I mentioned up above. He was attacking me for like 20 min and couldn't kill me. There was another chest right beside too. I guess he scared the one guy off. I just slowly looted every time he left screen and then after wasting 20 minutes I just left a half chest of my own and the other chest right beside it.

Last edited:

wkstrm

Master
Also just randomly realized that the guy above says he doesn't take any maps under level 4.....in a thread about doing low level maps.

Facepalm.

It begun as a thread about low level t-maps, but ended up as a survey of level 1 to level 5. I hope someone is doing 50 level 6 maps and post their findings. :)
there are plans on doing 50 MiB's as well. ;)

jkg8787

Master
In Razor on the Agents tab, go to re-stock agent 1.
Click on "add item" button, target gold and enter like 10000.
Then click on additme again, target all your regs and enter 1000.
then do the same on gems, armour, weapons and scrolls.

If you feel advanced, click the "set hotbag" button and target an empty container.

Go to "hot keys" tab, set a hotkey for your restock agent.

when you've dug up the chest, unlocked it and cast teleknesis to trigger the trap.
stand next to the chest, hit the hotkey for your restock agent and watch the loot fly into your backpack or hoitbag! :)

The organizer agents works the same.
altough, here you would probably want to make one for weapons, one for armor, one for regs/gems/gold.

Then if you use a 2nd account as a ID-char you can use the organizer agents to sort your loot even more. Play around a bit with it, it's pretty simple when you understand how it works. It's just setting things up that might take some time. I usually add items to the agents along the way.

Word of caution here though, the restock agent will pull items fast and it might be hard to keep up with the spawn if the chest is of higher level. So you might want to stop the agent now and then. you can do it by pushing the hotkey again. :)

I've been tinkering around with this a bit, and found that I prefer to divide the restock agent into fractions. Gold/gems/regs in one agent, weapons in one and armour in one and another one for the scrolls.

While doing the level 2's I found out that my crappy provo dexxer sometimes had a hard time handling the spawn. But I think my average time per chest was about 10 mins. I am for sure not the quickest on doing this. I guess using a tamer is the best way!
My methods could improve a bunch but I'm currently doing pretty good by just grabbing everything, dumping it at my house and continuing on. I use Steam though.

1. "Grab item" command is great for fast looting (although I never thought about using Restock in Razor or automating in steam, I prefer to manually loot to control spawn.

2. Steam is just more powerful. I plan to switch to scripting more soon, but I got annoyed by Razor only having 10 Organizer Agents when Steam you can make infinite.

Generally I just fill up my 3 houses until I cant lock anything else down then I go and ID everything all at once. I usually pull 200k from the items + 50k or so from Gems. Its great as sort of a "cooldown" after doing a billion maps. I can ID stuff from couch/bed and dont have to be on my Desktop with 3 accounts logged in. Just lay in bed IDing stuff and making gold

jkg8787

Master
edit: the hardest part for me was figuring out the tmap runes system, before I made a tmapper I always wondered why I'd see those runebooks people had labed 10-15, 15-25, etc lol
Oh btw a personal runebook set is a must for any serious Tmapper. I recently did mine about a week ago after using a public one for the first couple weeks. SO MUCH BETTER. SO MUCH FASTER. Like I mentioned above there are some spots where there's 4-5 locations all clustered. Sucks having no set of your own having to recall to Rune library, check spot, nope not there, recall to rune library, check next...etc

Now I still might have to check multiple locations but dont have to recall to a rune library in between its all in my backpack.

Also this may vary from library to library but the one I used I'd say about 10 out of 200 spots were marked either far off or 1-2 tiles away. I just have recently been re-doing my runes as I go along and now have it so that when I recall I am DIRECTLY on top of the spot. This means I can click shovel and map twice and it will dig up. Previously I had been clicking shovel then clicking the ground and I found that the runes were marked inconsistently. Wasted so much time. I distinctly remember dropping a level 5 map because I couldn't figure out where it was. Later on I got a chest for same area, went and got a sextant and realized the spot was marked like 5 tiles away. Weird.

wkstrm

Master
My methods could improve a bunch but I'm currently doing pretty good by just grabbing everything, dumping it at my house and continuing on. I use Steam though.

1. "Grab item" command is great for fast looting (although I never thought about using Restock in Razor or automating in steam, I prefer to manually loot to control spawn.

2. Steam is just more powerful. I plan to switch to scripting more soon, but I got annoyed by Razor only having 10 Organizer Agents when Steam you can make infinite.

Generally I just fill up my 3 houses until I cant lock anything else down then I go and ID everything all at once. I usually pull 200k from the items + 50k or so from Gems. Its great as sort of a "cooldown" after doing a billion maps. I can ID stuff from couch/bed and dont have to be on my Desktop with 3 accounts logged in. Just lay in bed IDing stuff and making gold

Yeah, I guess Steam is more powerful than Razor. To be honest, I don't use the agents so much in Razor either, it's just the past days I've been fiddeling around a bit to see how things can be done. I think I prefer to just use the organizers to sort the loot into containers in my house while I prefer to do the looting manually since I also prefer to control the spawn.

PLUS, I prefer to play the game rather than letting programs play the game for me! ;)

wkstrm

Master
Oh btw a personal runebook set is a must for any serious Tmapper. I recently did mine about a week ago after using a public one for the first couple weeks. SO MUCH BETTER. SO MUCH FASTER. Like I mentioned above there are some spots where there's 4-5 locations all clustered. Sucks having no set of your own having to recall to Rune library, check spot, nope not there, recall to rune library, check next...etc

Now I still might have to check multiple locations but dont have to recall to a rune library in between its all in my backpack.

I only recall once to the spot/area where the treasure is. I use this page:http://uo.stratics.com/thb/info/maparchive/Archive1.shtml
and then just use the sextant if I'm unsure, it's often easier than recalling back and forth, keeping my rune-library in my house instead to clear up space in my backpack.

jkg8787

Master
Yeah, I guess Steam is more powerful than Razor. To be honest, I don't use the agents so much in Razor either, it's just the past days I've been fiddeling around a bit to see how things can be done. I think I prefer to just use the organizers to sort the loot into containers in my house while I prefer to do the looting manually since I also prefer to control the spawn.

PLUS, I prefer to play the game rather than letting programs play the game for me! ;)
Steam has its own organizer agent thing. When I finish a tmap i go back to house. Drop off gold, then I have organizer for regs, organizer for scrolls (i personally use Ressurrect/Gate/Recall/Flamestrike/Summons and a few others, the rest I just leave in huge piles, maybe one day ill make full spellbooks), then I hit my Gem organizer, my TRASH organizer and lastly I hit my Weapons/Armor organizer and then I'm ready for my next map (i ended up needing another 10 or so organizers and Razor capped out at 10 which originally made me switch)

While the items are automatically sorting to respective spots I am using other account to drop off completed map and pull new one, decode and hit up Stratics map.

I generally agree with you about playing not auto doing stuff (ie PvP) but after manually IDing and sorting 1000s of items this month im looking into a Steam script to auto ID and sort out Fort/Invuln and Vanq/Power/Slayer

Last edited: