AOE changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jani

Grandmaster
I find it funny when the guy who complained so much about tamers being OP pretty much only plays pvp tamer nowdays. @agauo (also known as token tamer).

I did fast search:

I can't believe people honestly can complain about the state of tamers on this shard needing buffs. It baffles my mind.. Its obviously the best PVM template by far and makes the most gold. If played correctly a tamer is BY FAR better in pvp than any other template. The way pets cast/firebreath here makes them ridiculously overpowered. There has to be some sort of risk involved.

IMO if anything you shouldn't be able to use skillscrolls on your pets. The trade-off could be to make it easier to gain skills on them.

I'm sorry I don't have any sort of tamer.. However I do know that tamers in their current state are extremely strong in both PVM and PVP standards and know that they are definitely not in need of any of the buffs you or your tamer buddies are proposing.

What you trammies don't realize is that by buffing your PVM capabilities (which tamers already have the greatest advantage on the shard) you also are making people who use their tamers for PVP even stronger.

because by buffing one you are inherently buffing the other... I may not play a tamer but I believe I have more merit commenting about anything regarding PVP than you or anyone else posting in this thread.

The fact of the matter is people that play BY FAR the best template on the shard (both pvm/pvp) are complaining and wanting buffs.

Tamers are already ridiculous in pvp. All this nonsense should only apply to pvm. A lvl 8 supermeta egg super sayan sj5 evo shadow ancient wyrm shouldn't be any stronger than a normal dragon in pvp. PVM you can make it a bit stronger or whatever but don't change them to be any stronger against players. Same goes for any nightmares. Also you shouldnt be able to run around with 2 dragons like you can here. This shard caters way too much to tamers/trammies/pvmers. We got people asking for dragons to be able to poison on hits.. really?..

I didn't expect this thread to get much attention. If it was something to do with nerfing tamers so that they are at an acceptable level it would probably be at 10 pages by now of people crying.

This is typical 3vs4 fight against CoM. 4 seconds stun and those 7x gm mounts with ridiculous amount of damage they deal within seconds is just lame.
CFAD1tt.jpg

I wish more people would like @stunoma. and his TB crew. They fight with respect 1vs1, 2vs2, 3vs3 etc. and play mages.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jani

Grandmaster
Hey now, those tamers are the "best pvpers on the server" or some hot garbage...
I know those guys are decent PVPers. I honestly don't know why they need to play like that... and I don't wanna hear any "cos we fight outnumbered" -excuse. Playing ridiculously OP templates and complaining about competition 5/5

Saturn

Grandmaster
Making it to where MS and CL are not useless spells =P also editing the fact that they do not act like other aoe spells IE- field "aoe" spells do not affect your party/guild members
MS and CL arnt useless we killed about 3 of you lastnight with it while u were hiding in your house with 8 or 9 actives and we had 4 outside.
Also i find it cute your guild paged in instantly to have the sign name of our new tower changed.

Saturn

Grandmaster
I find it funny when the guy who complained so much about tamers being OP pretty much only plays pvp tamer nowdays. @agauo (also known as token tamer).

I did fast search:

This is typical 3vs4 fight against CoM. 4 seconds stun and those 7x gm mounts with ridiculous amount of damage they deal within seconds is just lame.
CFAD1tt.jpg

I wish more people would like @stunoma. and his TB crew. They fight with respect 1vs1, 2vs2, 3vs3 etc. and play mages.

Personally i dont think a entire pvp template needs to be nerfed because SL cant play it properly.
Joach has a pvp tamer, God has a pvp tamer, Kaz has a pvp tamer.

I got mad love for my KTO but you guys arnt forced to fight 2-3x your numbers constantly.
You guys have the entire euro time zone on lock and the only way for some of us to get in some pvp during those hours that havnt flooded into SL is to fight insanely outnumbered.

Im not even sure why SL plays like this, why would you want absolutely 0 action during your prime play time because you have gathered everyone from your own time zone into 1 faction?

Jani

Grandmaster
Personally i dont think a entire pvp template needs to be nerfed because SL cant play it properly.
Joach has a pvp tamer, God has a pvp tamer, Kaz has a pvp tamer.

I got mad love for my KTO but you guys arnt forced to fight 2-3x your numbers constantly.
You guys have the entire euro time zone on lock and the only way for some of us to get in some pvp during those hours that havnt flooded into SL is to fight insanely outnumbered.

Im not even sure why SL plays like this, why would you want absolutely 0 action during your prime play time because you have gathered everyone from your own time zone into 1 faction?
I refuse to play that kind of template. I would rather uninstall than play certain templates such as pvp tamers. It is all about having fun and I would love to have more good field fights (note: in my opinion having tamers often ruins it all).

6c2fbe414bd8eee1d50601640f2beef9327d5d2cf270c4376459b0758896510e.jpg

Tbh, active European players nowdays are pretty much my guild ( 3 active members + kaz who often plays couple times within every 2 weeks), athrez and malkraven. Rest of the SLs are pretty much Americans or Australians. Leaving SL would break friendships and it wouldn't make faction PVP any better. I agree about that we aren't forced to fight 2-3x our numbers though. I miss all those big fights, because I'm not staying awake later than 2 am anymore.

I didn't ask tamers being weakened even though they are OP in my opinion. There is time for playing pvp tamers in factions, but I find it pretty lame when certain people are basically playing pvp tamers all the time.

ScooterUo

Grandmaster
haha i called aga out on that on that post, how does it feel to ahve both loads of runic and tamers in Your guild now answer! and he get called out again and yet no asnwer....

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Funny @Saturn that pic shows 3 sl v 4 com ( 2 tamers). sigils yesterday 4v4 (+1 drag +1 mare) and u wouldnt leave base till 2 more com came to replace the dragon.

You use the zerg card alot but when was last time sl out zerged com? exactly you kids use tamers and still zerg stop the bullshit no one belives anything u say as it is.

Most fights v com these day is 4-5 sl vs 6+ com 3 of which are tamers and u still ignore/team with tb to kill sl's first.

Sooner they re apply the mount timer the better

Saturn

Grandmaster
Funny @Saturn that pic shows 3 sl v 4 com ( 2 tamers). sigils yesterday 4v4 (+1 drag +1 mare) and u wouldnt leave base till 2 more com came to replace the dragon.

You use the zerg card alot but when was last time sl out zerged com? exactly you kids use tamers and still zerg stop the bullshit no one belives anything u say as it is.

Most fights v com these day is 4-5 sl vs 6+ com 3 of which are tamers and u still ignore/team with tb to kill sl's first.

Sooner they re apply the mount timer the better
Malk your still on time out until you stop being a cry baby tattle tale please stop tagging me.
The mount timer wont make a diff for you bud your still gonna get trashed either way because you are trash.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Malk your still on time out until you stop being a cry baby tattle tale please stop tagging me.
The mount timer wont make a diff for you bud your still gonna get trashed either way because you are trash.

LOL evreyone knows com are biggest girls/crybabies on the server cry to staff about evreything so wtf u talking about as for being trash you would know lol u wont even stay on screen unless you have 3 friends or a dragon. Soon as that explode is loaded woooosh resync engage.

lets run down list -
- multiclient alt tabbing Com cries rule change!
- Minax has to many reds com cries! increase stat for red factioners
- eqms flamestrike turret oh look coms crying then copy eqms
- thiefs stealing sigils hang on whos crying? oh yea its com
- pet speed nerfed in factions combat! here we go again
- People are being mean to com on the forums oh coms crying rants and flames removed.
- aga crying about tamers (see post above) oh look u all fuckign tamers
- crying zerg hang on COM ZERG!

i bet you guys have cried that us euros can steal sigils while u sleep too you are the server joke looooooooool

im4j2q.png

Saturn

Grandmaster
LOL evreyone knows com are biggest girls/crybabies on the server cry to staff about evreything so wtf u talking about as for being trash you would know lol u wont even stay on screen unless you have 3 friends or a dragon. Soon as that explode is loaded woooosh resync engage.

l

i bet you guys have cried that us euros can steal sigils while u sleep too you are the server joke looooooooool

Actually Adam asked my opinion on this, he didnt like the fact that 1 faction was able to steal sigs without anyone else online and wanted to disable sig stealing during certain times.

I told him that would be to unfair to SL.

If you want next time he gets on IRC ill go through the log and show it to you.

BTW you ***** more then a hormone infested pregnant girlfriend.

Jani

Grandmaster
I wouldn't change AOE spells atm. I'm afraid it would favor huge guilds too much, especially faction base fighting.

Peav

Grandmaster
peav in his natural habitats getting raped by nightmares and shit. day 43 still haven't complained about it.

not that I really care.. I mean both groups can use as much help as they can get..

Ok, I'll kick him from the guild because he was the only one online and wanted to play the game.

Not sure why you think its JUST for my guild

Really? There is another large group of reds that play and need field spells fixed?

Large group combat should be more than just eb and fs rails.

Don't worry kind sir, I will never resort to this. I promise.

I still think there is a valid point being made here that field spells aren't working in a balanced manner. I still think the most viable solution is to make it so it works for blues as it does for reds currently, instead of changing the way it works for reds.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Theres plenty of large groups that could use this style of fighting(TBs faction squad, Rekt, -HI-, blues at champ spawns fighting back against reds etc)... and it gives smaller groups another option in fighting a zerg(when done right it is the most effective small group tactic). Its far from OP(it wasnt even OP on uoforever where spell damage was far greater) and requires skill to synch a quake with swarms otherwise its easily healable and you just wasted half your teams mana.

Anything to make PVP more dynamic without being OP is a good thing in UO in the year of our lord 2015(UO PVP can get stale after 17 years which is why this shard doing things like making EVs good, making field spells good, is a pretty rad thing).

Not to mention this is a style of fighting that doesnt rely on or benefit from people scripting which is a plight on this shards PVP(especially for newer players).

agauo

Master
Ok, I'll kick him from the guild because he was the only one online and wanted to play the game.

Really? There is another large group of reds that play and need field spells fixed?

Don't worry kind sir, I will never resort to this. I promise.

I still think there is a valid point being made here that field spells aren't working in a balanced manner. I still think the most viable solution is to make it so it works for blues as it does for reds currently, instead of changing the way it works for reds.

How dare you disagree with your leader @GluttonySDS like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.