AOE changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saturn

Grandmaster
Theres plenty of large groups that could use this style of fighting(TBs faction squad, Rekt, -HI-, blues at champ spawns fighting back against reds etc)... and it gives smaller groups another option in fighting a zerg(when done right it is the most effective small group tactic). Its far from OP(it wasnt even OP on uoforever where spell damage was far greater) and requires skill to synch a quake with swarms otherwise its easily healable and you just wasted half your teams mana.

Anything to make PVP more dynamic without being OP is a good thing in UO in the year of our lord 2015(UO PVP can get stale after 17 years which is why this shard doing things like making EVs good, making field spells good, is a pretty rad thing).

Not to mention this is a style of fighting that doesnt rely on or benefit from people scripting which is a plight on this shards PVP(especially for newer players).
Yeah when 5 people hit a group of 20 with MS it works out pretty well.
syke
EQMS SAYS "Were getting rolled now even when we outnumber 3x so we need AOE CHANGES NOAAAAAA!"

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
When you sync it with a quake, it works extremely well. It might be tough for you guys to synch spells that you dont already have macros for though.

Stop crying, accept new playstyles, not everything has to be scripted explode eb synchs to be UO pvp.

I honestly couldn't give a shit whether this gets 'fixed' or not. I'm just trying to give an opinion that is more in the middle of each side, instead just being a baby back ***** and crying like a girl. I think it would be funny to see a champ spawn where blue field spells hit other blue players. You wouldn't need to play a red to kill blues anymore.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
See I think the opposite... even though it would suck for PK groups that raid champs, it would give blues a much easier way to fight back against reds at champ spawns. One quake and watch their pets do the rest, would give blues an easy and viable way to defend themselves as a group which would hopefully lead to less tears(though im sure CoM would still cry) and 30% stat loss threads.

agauo

Master
I honestly couldn't give a shit whether this gets 'fixed' or not. I'm just trying to give an opinion that is more in the middle of each side, instead just being a baby back ***** and crying like a girl. I think it would be funny to see a champ spawn where blue field spells hit other blue players. You wouldn't need to play a red to kill blues anymore.

I think you should discuss any suggestions made on the forums with your glorious leader @GluttonySDS before commenting.

Just curious if you guys are going to eventually drop the MALES tag and just join their guild?

On a more serious not it's actually kind of a good thing that you guys allied together. I mean you both were losing regularly while outnumbering us anyways. I just hope maybe being that they actually gained some halfway decent pvpers that you can convince a few of them to go out with fewer than 15 people.

agauo

Master
Sorry, but I wouldn't cheat on a 17 year old video game. If there was a 100% chance I would not get caught or found out I wouldn't even think about using anything. Using any sort of automation only takes away from a good players skill. I can guarantee you can take someone who say uses auto explo pots and teach them how to do things manually and they will be much better off. Same thing goes for any sort of autoheal or whatever else. It is flattering however that you do think I cheat.. Especially now that you are allied with known cheaters.

Saturn

Grandmaster
See I think the opposite... even though it would suck for PK groups that raid champs, it would give blues a much easier way to fight back against reds at champ spawns. One quake and watch their pets do the rest, would give blues an easy and viable way to defend themselves as a group which would hopefully lead to less tears(though im sure CoM would still cry) and 30% stat loss threads.
Lets be honest, your not worried about champs your worried about how bad your crew is doing in the field and you need a buff to your 20man zerg

Last edited by a moderator:

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Im not worried about anything, especially not in a 17 year old wizard game. Im trying to add more options for group PVP; pointing out that it helps blues fight reds(especially at champs) is only me explaining how adding more PVP options helps make the game more dynamic than EB rails.

You guys seem to be worried as all youve done for the past 3 weeks is cry...never seen a group of "leet" PVPers cry so much about newbs in purple.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Sorry, but I wouldn't cheat on a 17 year old video game. If there was a 100% chance I would not get caught or found out I wouldn't even think about using anything. Using any sort of automation only takes away from a good players skill. I can guarantee you can take someone who say uses auto explo pots and teach them how to do things manually and they will be much better off. Same thing goes for any sort of autoheal or whatever else. It is flattering however that you do think I cheat.. Especially now that you are allied with known cheaters.

re

synch

dat

Saturn

Grandmaster
Im not worried about anything, especially not in a 17 year old wizard game. Im trying to add more options for group PVP; pointing out that it helps blues fight reds(especially at champs) is only me explaining how adding more PVP options helps make the game more dynamic than EB rails.

You guys seem to be worried as all youve done for the past 3 weeks is cry...never seen a group of "leet" PVPers cry so much about newbs in purple.
Only thing your worried about is giving as many advantages to your turd 25man crew as possible.
you would not even come out ur bucs house to fight us 4v9 lastnight
@Southernpride

Just curious if you guys are going to eventually drop the MALES tag and just join their guild?

I have never been in, or will ever be in EQMS. I don't really agree with their scorched earth, kill anything that moves policy. I don't like playing with 15 people either. I will never sink to their level and use their tactics to fight them. I already know a handful of ways to beat them using clever tricks and in game mechanics. They pose no threat to my ego whatsoever. I doubt you can say the same.

I got my full group on one day, for one fight, and somehow we lose 'regularly'. Interesting choice of words. Please post any other attempted insults, slights, or personal digs at me or my guild where they belong; in the PVP forum. If there is not a thread currently that can fulfill your needs, feel free to create a new one.

See I think the opposite... even though it would suck for PK groups that raid champs, it would give blues a much easier way to fight back against reds at champ spawns.

Sorry I guess I'm confused here but I was under the impression MS, CL, and EQ when casted on a blue did not hit other blues. Please correct me if I'm wrong. It's hard for me to keep track of what this thread is really about over all these flamers. I thought their tears would extinguish their flames, but somehow they manage to cry and flame at the same time.

Saturn

Grandmaster
I have never been in, or will ever be in EQMS. I don't really agree with their scorched earth, kill anything that moves policy. I don't like playing with 15 people either. I will never sink to their level and use their tactics to fight them. I already know a handful of ways to beat them using clever tricks and in game mechanics. They pose no threat to my ego whatsoever. I doubt you can say the same.

I got my full group on one day, for one fight, and somehow we lose 'regularly'. Interesting choice of words. Please post any other attempted insults, slights, or personal digs at me or my guild where they belong; in the PVP forum. If there is not a thread currently that can fulfill your needs, feel free to create a new one.

Sorry I guess I'm confused here but I was under the impression MS, CL, and EQ when casted on a blue did not hit other blues. Please correct me if I'm wrong. It's hard for me to keep track of what this thread is really about over all these flamers. I thought their tears would extinguish their flames, but somehow they manage to cry and flame at the same time.

Didnt EQMS rape your crew that night?

Picard-Facepalm_zpsak9lclma.jpg

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
This thread is about AEO spellls..not EQMS, not Azria's crew, not PVP tamers. If you've run out of ideas about this, then perhaps it's time to lock it. If not, get it back on topic. To MS or not to MS...That is the question.

Saturn

Grandmaster
The only change that should be made to chain/ms/eq is if your blue it should not hit other blues.
Then blues at champs can defend themselves easier which is the main argument in this thread.

There is no need to change the AOE dmg table on this shard it serves no valid purpose except to make large zergs more powerful.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
The main argument in this thread is unnerfing spells to create more dynamic PVP, which is good for the shard(similar to what the staff has done to EVs, para fields, etc).

Gives more spice to large faction fights, giving smaller groups of coordinated players another option to fight zergs, gives large groups of uncoordinated blues an easier way to defend themselves(at champ spawns, idocs, events), and brings in line earthquakes, chain lightenings, and meteor swarms with the rest of the aoe spells/items on this shard.

The only change that should be made to chain/ms/eq is if your blue it should not hit other blues.
Then blues at champs can defend themselves easier which is the main argument in this thread.

There is no need to change the AOE dmg table on this shard it serves no valid purpose except to make large zergs more powerful.
CL/MS when cast upon 1 target = 30~ dmg, 2 target =15~ dmg, 3+ targets 4~ dmg. Sounds like aoe to me?

Saturn

Grandmaster
The main argument in this thread is unnerfing spells to create more dynamic PVP, which is good for the shard(similar to what the staff has done to EVs, para fields, etc).

Gives more spice to large faction fights, giving smaller groups of coordinated players another option to fight zergs, gives large groups of uncoordinated blues an easier way to defend themselves(at champ spawns, idocs, events), and brings in line earthquakes, chain lightenings, and meteor swarms with the rest of the aoe spells/items on this shard.

Ok
#1 smaller groups dont fight large zergs with chains and ms or EQs i dont know where you played but your a poopy head and it clearly shows by your lack of skill you have brought to UOF.
#2 It wont create more dynamic pvp it will just give more reason to fight in a large zerg to nullify the affect of of chains and ms across a larger group of players.

The majority of pvpers on this shard want to fight in small groups, and im sure the majority of blues doing champ spawns are interested in 20 person zerg groups running up with precast chains to knockout 5-10 people with closest target

EQ and Chain/MS are fine in their current state, changing it will cause more harm than good to UOF.

your a poopy head

You're.

#2 It wont create more dynamic pvp it will just give more reason to fight in a large zerg to nullify the affect of of chains and ms across a larger group of players.

I fully disagree with that. You could summon a creature to soak damage, or spend 25 gold and buy 5 cats from the stable. These are two easy, and affordable, options that any group could do without having to amass a large squad. Just think outside the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.