archery - pvp - moving shot

Deriz

Grandmaster
"What numbers stats or mechanics did you point out? 3.5 second swing timer? its 2.5 seconds for a bow, ~3.5 if you disarm/pot/rearm but it also does upwards of 60 damage. 50% hit rate? Its higher than 50% as almost every bow someone uses will have acc on it, I typically run exceed or supreme. Mechanics? "You would need a script do that for you" Youre joking right? That statement in itself discredits your entire arguement, if you cannot press three keys without a script how can you be taken seriously? I can disarm/pot/rearm every single swing if I wanted to with no script... it is extremely simple."

This site, and the proof it gives says you're wrong about swing speeds: http://www.uorenaissance.com/stratics/combat

Gm Skill v. GM skill (with accuracy) = 60% to hit.... 40% less than magic

I can hit three keys; i've hit several while typing this.

"You can start a fight off with a pot+shot hitting for a lot of damage at the exact same time, and leave the bow equipped for a 2.5 second shot follow up. If they start casting a gheal, you can start another pot and shoot again for another big burst of damage (doing more damage than their gheal). You can weaken disrupt their gheals late in the cast while starting a pot early to stagger your damage. If they start to run, I will absolutely disarm/ start pot/ re-arm every swing until I can catch them hitting a tree to where I can shoot etc. You can weaken a mage down to 89 hps, and pot+heavy xbow"

If a mage is worried about interrupts, they should cast 'Protection' to avoid it. Not my fault they don't want to use all of their spells.

Also, you're out-lining a bow swing speed than switch to a heavy-xbow in your argument. Heavy Xbow has a swing rate of: ~4.2 plenty of opportunity to time your casting. Sure you could throw another pot.... but you'd never get a shot off in that case aside from maybe that first one.

" Ive also killed people 2v8 on alchy dex archers. Add in a running shot or throwing pots while bow is equipped, both 1v1 and group fights archers will be quite OP in the hands of actual PvPers. I am sorry that you do not fall into that category and have trouble playing this template, but there are plenty of PvPers who have used these and done great. Maybe it is time to evaluate the way that you play instead of the template? "

If that's true you should have no trouble gathering the evidence to prove me wrong. I've been asking for proof for awhile.

Explo/eb damage max is ~32
It wont be Gm skill vs Gm skill It will likely be 125-120 vs gm skill - so yes higher than the 60% you list (although you wrongly used 50% earlier)

If a mage does cast prot even though youd only be weaken interrupting when theyre below half anyways so they likely wont, prot wears off pretty quickly and cannot be directly re-applied.

And yes the heavy is slow, but if used correctly in the situation it is great. How are you on a mage going to kill anything if you are constantly just ghealing? You have to take offense at some point. If ive weakened you out of str pots, or you just let yourself get below 80 hps trying to take offesne that is when id explo pot heavy. I have also killed plenty of mages by simply reflecting an explo+pot+heavy.

I dont need to 'prove you wrong' everyone on this shard knows you are wrong, plenty of people have fought me while i was messing with archer templates, and plenty of people have died in both group and 1v1s.

I suppose I can remake an alchy archer just to kill you 1v1 if you want.

You should also start championing other template changes because they are underpowered for you. You can play any template you want and not even have the slightest chance of ever killing many of the PvPers on this shard, so all templates should be buffed for you right? Lets take skill, tactics, and effective use of templates out of the equation and buff everything so you can get a kill? Gimme a break.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Explo/eb damage max is ~32
It wont be Gm skill vs Gm skill It will likely be 125-120 vs gm skill - so yes higher than the 60% you list (although you wrongly used 50% earlier)

If a mage does cast prot even though youd only be weaken interrupting when theyre below half anyways so they likely wont, prot wears off pretty quickly and cannot be directly re-applied.

And yes the heavy is slow, but if used correctly in the situation it is great. How are you on a mage going to kill anything if you are constantly just ghealing? You have to take offense at some point. If ive weakened you out of str pots, or you just let yourself get below 80 hps trying to take offesne that is when id explo pot heavy. I have also killed plenty of mages by simply reflecting an explo+pot+heavy.

I dont need to 'prove you wrong' everyone on this shard knows you are wrong, plenty of people have fought me while i was messing with archer templates, and plenty of people have died in both group and 1v1s.

I suppose I can remake an alchy archer just to kill you 1v1 if you want.

You should also start championing other template changes because they are underpowered for you. You can play any template you want and not even have the slightest chance of ever killing many of the PvPers on this shard, so all templates should be buffed for you right? Lets take skill, tactics, and effective use of templates out of the equation and buff everything so you can get a kill? Gimme a break.

Lots of talk, no proof, no evidence.

Yes, I want you to prove it; show me a vid of you killing an established well-known PvP'er 1v1.

Deriz

Grandmaster
Lots of talk, no proof, no evidence.

Yes, I want you to prove it; show me a vid of you killing an established well-known PvP'er 1v1.

Show me a video of you killing an established well-known PvPer 1v1 on any template? There are very few people on this server who record and I am not one of them, however I will re-make an alchy archer just to kill you 1v1 if you want.

Anyways I am done engaging with you. It is clear you have your mind made up and no amount of logic/correction of damage/mechanics etc/ or experience from people that actually PvP AND HAVE USED THE TEMPLATES will change it.

It doesnt matter what you think, staff and PvPers know that these changes will make archers pretty OP. Whereas currently they are viable if you play the correctly.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Show me a video of you killing an established well-known PvPer 1v1 on any template? There are very few people on this server who record and I am not one of them, however I will re-make an alchy archer just to kill you 1v1 if you want.

Anyways I am done engaging with you. It is clear you have your mind made up and no amount of logic/correction of damage/mechanics etc/ or experience from people that actually PvP AND HAVE USED THE TEMPLATES will change it.

It doesnt matter what you think, staff and PvPers know that these changes will make archers pretty OP. Whereas currently they are viable if you play the correctly.

No proof/evidence, shit-talking, and self-righteousness.

Truly, I am in your debt.

Deriz

Grandmaster
No proof/evidence, shit-talking, and self-righteousness.

Truly, I am in your debt.

Where is the shit talk? Show me some proof/evidence of you killing a pvp archer template to prove they are underpowered? And the only one being self righteous in this thread is you kiddo.

You could also just look at the pic in my sig. That fight started stun tamer+ 2 alchy mages, vs stun tamer + 2 dex archers

We killed all of them and their alts in that fight.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Where is the shit talk? Show me some proof/evidence of you killing a pvp archer template to prove they are underpowered? And the only one being self righteous in this thread is you kiddo.

You could also just look at the pic in my sig. That fight started stun tamer+ 2 alchy mages, vs stun tamer + 2 dex archers

We killed all of them and their alts in that fight.

STILL no evidence/proof; adds condescending to list.

Pic is not a 1v1 so is excluded from my request of evidence of a 1v1 fight.

My mechanics are fine. I even provided you with the site I use as reference; correcting several of YOUR mistakes.

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
My mechanics are fine.

youve derailed this suggestion thread on moving while shooting for 3 pages now. just stop arguing b/c you wont win and you wont get your video if us doing this b/c it wont be 100% what you want.

go and do the tests yourself and cry over your own data.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
youve derailed this suggestion thread on moving while shooting for 3 pages now. just stop arguing b/c you wont win and you wont get your video if us doing this b/c it wont be 100% what you want.

go and do the tests yourself and cry over your own data.

No proof/evidence, also adds condescension to list.
Bitches about my mechanics which are 100% correct according to site used (And this IS a UO:R era shard); still refutes them while claiming I'm illogical.

Doesn't see inherent fallacy with his own argument.

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
i see no video of your evidence in a 1v1 pvp fight with an established pvper, so therefore no evidence is provided
Bitches about my mechanics which are 100% correct according to site used (And this IS a UO:R era shard); still refutes them while claiming I'm illogical.
and they update this game, so no your information isnt correct, which is what everyone else is trying to tell you. yet you refuse to listen.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
i see no video of your evidence in a 1v1 pvp fight with an established pvper, so therefore no evidence is provided

and they update this game, so no your information isnt correct, which is what everyone else is trying to tell you. yet you refuse to listen.

They also refuse to provide evidence/proof. The site guide is shredded and/or incomplete. This IS a UO:R shard though. Updates, yes, but the core of the mathematics are there. Unless I can see these new pieces of information (yes... that damned evidence/proof I have been alluding to for these last 3 pages) I can't draw a different conclusion. And no one has said that these mechanics are different from the UO:R base.

Deriz

Grandmaster
STILL no evidence/proof; adds condescending to list.

Pic is not a 1v1 so is excluded from my request of evidence of a 1v1 fight.

My mechanics are fine. I even provided you with the site I use as reference; correcting several of YOUR mistakes.

Uhh no they are not. Hit rate will be higher than 60%. 120 archery vs gm wrestle
Max damage on explo and eb is ~32 not 42
Bow swing speed is not 3.5

Your opinion on the matter is irrelevant. You dont PvP, you dont 1v1, and you clearly just want to argue for arguements sake when there are people who DO PVP saying this template can be viable.

Your ideas to buff this template make it pretty OP in the hands of good PvPers. I am sorry you do not understand/see this. Like I said, try it out

Malkraven

Grandmaster
No proof/evidence, also adds condescension to list.

Doesn't see inherent fallacy with his own argument.

dude seriously you have ben here what 20 days? and you think you know better than people who have been playing here 2-3 yrs. deriz and jamiez have both run archer/mage pvpers and kill plenty. you have been here 5 mins and are already crying about how we should change to suit you.

do you even have a completed pvp toon on UOF?

Staff said it was OP after testing that should be good enuff no one need to prove shit to you.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
dude seriously you have ben here what 20 days? and you think you know better than people who have been playing here 2-3 yrs. deriz and jamiez have both run archer/mage pvpers and kill plenty. you have been here 5 mins and are already crying about how we should change to suit you.

do you even have a completed pvp toon on UOF?

Staff said it was OP after testing that should be good enuff no one need to prove shit to you.

I find it difficult to believe that 3 people can form the over-all opinion of this shard.

I find it difficult to believe this template is fine when I have never seen any proof of it.

I find it difficult to believe you when you have provided no proof despite saying everyone does it.

And, lastly, I find it sad you bow your head because someone tells you too.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
I find it difficult to believe that 3 people can form the over-all opinion of this shard.

I find it difficult to believe this template is fine when I have never seen any proof of it.

I find it difficult to believe you when you have provided no proof despite saying everyone does it.

And, lastly, I find it sad you bow your head because someone tells you too.

and i find it sad you been here for 5 mins and think you know better than people who have played this server for years including staff when apparently you dont even pvp . so you can carry on with your tears and bullshit rants and get no changes.

Enjoy *

P.s i find it hard to care you dont believe me.........

Last edited by a moderator:

diminished

Grandmaster
This rikkety cricket guy clearly has never fought against one in a group fight let alone 1v1. These mother fuckers hurt. You can still hit people on the run too if you're not a trash can. Another noob with no experience except reading a web page that probably doesn't have accurate numbers to what uof has implemented.

grossghost

Novice
I didn't read this whole thread but did anyone suggest possibly making the light crossbow a one handed weapon? I'm sure it would require some tweaking, but that might make archery a little more interesting or at least the light xbow.

The accuracy for bows are bad. We all know this. The higher the accuracy is on the bow, the (very small) better chance you have to hit...

You cannot use pots

You have to stop to have a chance to hit your target while they are running their ass off instead of chasing them down with pots..

The pause between shots with a bow, if someone knows this, they can cast a greater heal with no inturuption.

Even out of pvp, back to the accuracy. An exceptional silver Katana barely missed as much as a bow. Peoples argument is, "well we have to be up close. Yeah your right, but you also don't have to purchase consumables to use your weapon aswell.

I'm not saying archers should have instant hit, but they should have something done to them. Maybe like someone else already mentioned, you don't have to stop to try to have a successful chance to hit the person or if you don't want to change that, put the accuracy the same as weapons and make the magical abilities towards tactics instead of archery.

I would love to have an archer pvper be valid besides in a group of stealth archers.
However, there will always be arguments over any kind of change and you will never make everyone happy.