archery - pvp - moving shot

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
in that, the whole stealthing while being a bow pvp doesnt work at all anyway. if that was the case your best bet would be to pot, 1 hand attack to poison, equip bow so you can shoot as they start running away.

but i totally agree with the fact your weapon has to charge based on its speed in your hands. think how op running to fire, switch for a pot & charge it, re equip instantfire while throwing pot, rinse repeat would be. other than you missing a shot you could get off a hit every .5 seconds. the only people who could survive that would be sheild dexers chugging pots and bandaiding themselves, but then they lose all combat since theyd be without a wep during pot chugs

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Yes, insta-hit would be a bit much, but that isn't what i'm talking about. I'm talking about:

"In that time you just lost the ability to shoot arrows; since bows don't have insta-hit. You take off bow, and cook a pot, then re-arm a bow, but it doesn't fire when it would have when you took it off, and now sits idle for a sec or two on top of the fact that you still need to sit idle yourself just so you can shoot the bow at all.

In that time the mage has got off a new spell (or two, if it was low circle) AND thrown a pot, or thrown a pot and ran off.

In that time the 2-hand weapon warrior has charged and attacked you AND thrown a pot.

In that time a 1-hand weapon warrior has attacked you (and probably poisoned you #poisonedweapon ) AND thrown a pot.

Even a 'sword&board' warrior can throw purple pots without taking off a shield or weapon."

This isn't an argument for insta-hit. this is an argument to (at the very least):

1) Use potions while holding a bow; at the very least to use purple potions while holding a bow because, for some reason, it's the only weapon you can't use purple pots with.

Yes, a parry warrior could eat up a archer like this, but that's the exactly warrior that mages will eat for breakfast. as for kiting, what do you think mages for the most part do? As it is, a mage dumps and if you're still alive you get a few shots off before he runs, but that mage is still doing something isn't he? He's regening his mana. He's regening his mana while wearing Invul leather armor. AR that will lower the damage a bow does by a great deal. He's also not stopping to regen mana, something an archer needs to do to shoot. The mage ALSO has GM wrestling (for stun punch in which case he really will get away) or defensive wrestling (in which case he's probably also using Healing) and in either case you only have a 50% to hit the mage in question; about ~60% if you have a good bow. Do you have any idea how many times you can miss in a row while shooting at 50%, or even 60%? Remind me... what is the hit % of spells?

Something like.... 100% right?

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Yes, insta-hit would be a bit much, but that isn't what i'm talking about. I'm talking about:

"In that time you just lost the ability to shoot arrows; since bows don't have insta-hit. You take off bow, and cook a pot, then re-arm a bow, but it doesn't fire when it would have when you took it off, and now sits idle for a sec or two on top of the fact that you still need to sit idle yourself just so you can shoot the bow at all.

In that time the mage has got off a new spell (or two, if it was low circle) AND thrown a pot, or thrown a pot and ran off.

In that time the 2-hand weapon warrior has charged and attacked you AND thrown a pot.

In that time a 1-hand weapon warrior has attacked you (and probably poisoned you #poisonedweapon ) AND thrown a pot.

Even a 'sword&board' warrior can throw purple pots without taking off a shield or weapon."

This isn't an argument for insta-hit. this is an argument to (at the very least):

1) Use potions while holding a bow; at the very least to use purple potions while holding a bow because, for some reason, it's the only weapon you can't use purple pots with.

Yes, a parry warrior could eat up a archer like this, but that's the exactly warrior that mages will eat for breakfast. as for kiting, what do you think mages for the most part do? As it is, a mage dumps and if you're still alive you get a few shots off before he runs, but that mage is still doing something isn't he? He's regening his mana. He's regening his mana while wearing Invul leather armor. AR that will lower the damage a bow does by a great deal. He's also not stopping to regen mana, something an archer needs to do to shoot. The mage ALSO has GM wrestling (for stun punch in which case he really will get away) or defensive wrestling (in which case he's probably also using Healing) and in either case you only have a 50% to hit the mage in question; about ~60% if you have a good bow. Do you have any idea how many times you can miss in a row while shooting at 50%, or even 60%? Remind me... what is the hit % of spells?

Something like.... 100% right?

they tried bows with pots when they added the abilty to throw pots with 2 handed weps and it was deemed over powered.

end of story

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
they tried bows with pots when they added the abilty to throw pots with 2 handed weps and it was deemed over powered.

end of story

What are the numbers? What's the reasoning? Lay me out a scenario? Are there vids proving it?

I've very proof oriented. I can see how it might be bad verse warriors (though... they could use a shield v. the arrows), but an archer still needs to stop to shoot (as it is) and the warrior would catch up in that regard.

As for the 2-handed weapon part as a whole, that's simply not true. A warrior using a 2-handed weapon can throw purple pots just fine.

IT'S LITERALLY JUST BOWS.

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
3-4 seconds for a pot throw, and all this while every ~2 seconds you are shooting non stope while no one can catch you or get close to you b/c you are still running... this = op

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Incorrect. At 100 DEX you shoot the fastest bow every 3.7 seconds; hitting about 50% of the time.

Plenty of time for a mage to get a spell off (while at the same time casting), or for a warrior to charge and swing.

This is where I'm getting my information about weapons/Armor:

http://www.uorenaissance.com/stratics/combat

Now, I have to ask since this at least the 2nd thing you've said that isn't holding up to fact, where are you getting your information?

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
getting numbers off the top of my head b/c i dont have time to research. also you can use dex pot to go above 100 wich any pvper would do b4 going into a fight. and yes im counting 100% hits b/c there are times you will hit every time just like theres a chance you will not hit every time. so lets drop that down to a 3.5 seconds, we'll even average 3.5 for the pots since its a random time. thats every 1.75 seconds you are hitting someone. please tell me other than lvl 1-3 circle spells what a mage is going to do, who has to stop to cast while you are hitting them that fast, interupting anything big they are trying to throw your way or use to escape?

and the fact is you are doing this ALL while on the move. this is why pots while holding a bow is a no go

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
getting numbers off the top of my head b/c i dont have time to research. also you can use dex pot to go above 100 wich any pvper would do b4 going into a fight. and yes im counting 100% hits b/c there are times you will hit every time just like theres a chance you will not hit every time. so lets drop that down to a 3.5 seconds, we'll even average 3.5 for the pots since its a random time. thats every 1.75 seconds you are hitting someone. please tell me other than lvl 1-3 circle spells what a mage is going to do, who has to stop to cast while you are hitting them that fast, interupting anything big they are trying to throw your way or use to escape?

and the fact is you are doing this ALL while on the move. this is why pots while holding a bow is a no go

1) "getting numbers off the top of my head"

Yup.

2) yes, you can use a dex pot, it would lower the fastest bow attack speed to about 3.5; on this I agree.

3) "and yes im counting 100% hits b/c there are times you will hit every time just like theres a chance you will not hit every time"

Never go to, Vegas. Just don't. I can't even begin to tell you how 50% is not the same as 100%. I honestly have trouble believing you said that. Let's start by asking, how would you feel if 50% of all spells just failed; not resisted, FAILED.

4) "that's every 1.75 seconds you are hitting someone"

Again, incorrect. You shoot, than you take off your bow (presumably to start a purple) than re-equip. 3 Q'd actions take (by itself) about ~1 sec. When you re-arm the bow, the attack timer starts from zero, so add another 3.5 seconds before you can fire. While that makes for a cool trick, in your mind you are doing this EVERY SHOT. That's beyond insane. You'd need a script for that and scripting purple pots is a ban-able offense.

5) "and the fact is you are doing this ALL while on the move."

We don't have shot on the run. Even if we did a mage could cast Protection (2nd circle spell) to prevent interrupts. Yes, it's only 25% of the time but you have a 50% chance to defend from the arrow in the first place. And god forbid a mage needed to time his spells.

Which they do already in mage fights. -_-

Archers are very good in group fights... not very good solo.

I do believe that is the point of this thread.

Deriz

Grandmaster
In that time you just lost the ability to shoot arrows; since bows don't have insta-hit. You take off bow, and cook a pot, then re-arm a bow, but it doesn't fire when it would have when you took it off, and now sits idle for a sec or two on top of the fact that you still need to sit idle yourself just so you can shoot the bow at all.

Even a 'sword&board' warrior can throw purple pots without taking off a shield or weapon.

That's great, but what if you're not mounted? I'm loosing 100 points for no reason. xD

You should really try things out before you post on them. You de-equip, start pot, re equip, your pot and bow shot hit at the same time, can do 60+ damage at one time. If you are a tank mage you can weave them in between spells and shots and do lots of damage.

Like ive said before, just because you are not open to playing a template to its strengths does not mean it isnt viable.

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
Dude...

3) "and yes im counting 100% hits b/c there are times you will hit every time just like theres a chance you will not hit every time"

Never go to, Vegas. Just don't. I can't even begin to tell you how 50% is not the same as 100%. I honestly have trouble believing you said that. Let's start by asking, how would you feel if 50% of all spells just failed; not resisted, FAILED.

When testing you have to look at the extremes. this CAN and HAS happened before where you will hit 100% of your shots.

Again, incorrect. You shoot, than you take off your bow (presumably to start a purple) than re-equip. 3 Q'd actions take (by itself) about ~1 sec. When you re-arm the bow, the attack timer starts from zero, so add another 3.5 seconds before you can fire. While that makes for a cool trick, in your mind you are doing this EVERY SHOT. That's beyond insane. You'd need a script for that and scripting purple pots is a ban-able offense.

Once again, this is arguing when you use bows + pots with no unequip. (are you just switching sides on every argument you go on? b/c you are the one saying you should be able use pots while holding bows)

5) "and the fact is you are doing this ALL while on the move."

We don't have shot on the run. Even if we did a mage could cast Protection (2nd circle spell) to prevent interrupts. Yes, it's only 25% of the time but you have a 50% chance to defend from the arrow in the first place. And god forbid a mage needed to time his spells.

This thread is about shooting while on the move....

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Dude...

When testing you have to look at the extremes. this CAN and HAS happened before where you will hit 100% of your shots.

Once again, this is arguing when you use bows + pots with no unequip. (are you just switching sides on every argument you go on? b/c you are the one saying you should be able use pots while holding bows)

This thread is about shooting while on the move....

"When testing you have to look at the extremes. this CAN and HAS happened before where you will hit 100% of your shots."

When testing you look at the average; NOT the extremes. That's a basic law of science.

"Once again, this is arguing when you use bows + pots with no unequip. (are you just switching sides on every argument you go on? b/c you are the one saying you should be able use pots while holding bows)"

I'm arguing how it is now on that line, to see my views on how it could be if we DID have shot on the run, you need only look at the last line YOU quoted:

'We don't have shot on the run. Even if we did a mage could cast Protection (2nd circle spell) to prevent interrupts. Yes, it's only 25% of the time but you have a 50% chance to defend from the arrow in the first place. And god forbid a mage needed to time his spells.'

Tagging on at the end: 'This thread is about shooting while on the move....' Doesn't mean that I didn't address it; all it shows is that you didn't read it.

And then there's that guy.....

"You should really try things out before you post on them. You de-equip, start pot, re equip, your pot and bow shot hit at the same time, can do 60+ damage at one time. If you are a tank mage you can weave them in between spells and shots and do lots of damage.

Like ive said before, just because you are not open to playing a template to its strengths does not mean it isnt viable."

After pointing out the numbers, the stats, the mechanics, and the weapons....

He comes along as says, 'you should try it....'

Thank you. Thank you for your over-whelming contribution to the conversation.

If you have some PROOF, or EVIDENCE of it being viable, by all means share it now. I'd love to see it, and have been asking for it for some time.

1v1 fights, not team fights. 1v1 fights show balance.

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
When testing you look at the average; NOT the extremes. That's a basic law of science.
No, we're talking UO not science, when you are going in a pvp setting, you are looking at the burst you can do, not a sustained average over a long period of time. im not going to sit around for 2 hours shooting you. i go in, take about 15-20 seconds to kill you then run out. what you look for is the burst potential which is why you have to look at the extremes.

and yes you quoted me... completely out of context when i was discussing something else... good job.

and yes i read your statement. and the thing is you arent consistent in your discussions. you talk about running while shooting and in the next post without shooting. You keep switching back and forth on topics with no base prefice. if you cant discuss things properly then theres no point in even talking to you as you dont seem to grasp what it is you are talking about.

and to you i say good day.

Deriz

Grandmaster
"When testing you have to look at the extremes. this CAN and HAS happened before where you will hit 100% of your shots."

"Once again, this is arguing when you use bows + pots with no unequip. (are you just switching sides on every argument you go on? b/c you are the one saying you should be able use pots while holding bows)"

I'm arguing how it is now on that line, to see my views on how it could be if we DID have shot on the run, you need only look at the last line YOU quoted:

'We don't have shot on the run. Even if we did a mage could cast Protection (2nd circle spell) to prevent interrupts. Yes, it's only 25% of the time but you have a 50% chance to defend from the arrow in the first place. And god forbid a mage needed to time his spells.'

Tagging on at the end: 'This thread is about shooting while on the move....' Doesn't mean that I didn't address it; all it shows is that you didn't read it.

And then there's that guy.....

"You should really try things out before you post on them. You de-equip, start pot, re equip, your pot and bow shot hit at the same time, can do 60+ damage at one time. If you are a tank mage you can weave them in between spells and shots and do lots of damage.

Like ive said before, just because you are not open to playing a template to its strengths does not mean it isnt viable."

After pointing out the numbers, the stats, the mechanics, and the weapons....

He comes along as says, 'you should try it....'

Thank you. Thank you for your over-whelming contribution to the conversation.

If you have some PROOF, or EVIDENCE of it being viable, by all means share it now. I'd love to see it, and have been asking for it for some time.

1v1 fights, not team fights. 1v1 fights show balance.

What numbers stats or mechanics did you point out? 3.5 second swing timer? its 2.5 seconds for a bow @110 dex, ~3.5 if you disarm/pot/rearm but it also does upwards of 60 damage. 50% hit rate? Its higher than 50% as almost every bow someone uses will have acc on it, I typically run exceed or supreme. Mechanics? "You would need a script do that for you" Youre joking right? That statement in itself discredits your entire arguement, if you cannot press three keys without a script how can you be taken seriously? I can disarm/pot/rearm every single swing if I wanted to with no script... it is extremely simple.

You can start a fight off with a pot+shot hitting for a lot of damage at the exact same time, and leave the bow equipped for a 2.5 second shot follow up. If they start casting a gheal, you can start another pot and shoot again for another big burst of damage (doing more damage than their gheal). You can weaken disrupt their gheals late in the cast while starting a pot early to stagger your damage. If they start to run, I will absolutely disarm/ start pot/ re-arm every swing until I can catch them hitting a tree to where I can shoot etc. You can weaken a mage down to 89 hps, and pot+heavy xbow

There are plenty of ways to use these mechanics effectively and yes like I said just because you havent tried doesnt mean it isnt viable.

Unlike you I HAVE played these templates, scribe archer, archer tank, alchy archer, and have had great success in 1v1s with them. Ive killed people 2-3v1 on my tank mage archer and alchy archers. A pot+ heavy shot can do over 80 damage.... You can bait people into taking offense on you and kill them pretty easily a lot of the time.

Ive also killed people 2v8 on alchy dex archers. Add in a running shot or throwing pots while bow is equipped, both 1v1 and group fights archers will be quite OP in the hands of actual PvPers. I am sorry that you do not fall into that category and have trouble playing this template, but there are plenty of PvPers who have used these and done great. Maybe it is time to evaluate the way that you play instead of the template?

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
No, we're talking UO not science, when you are going in a pvp setting, you are looking at the burst you can do, not a sustained average over a long period of time. im not going to sit around for 2 hours shooting you. i go in, take about 15-20 seconds to kill you then run out. what you look for is the burst potential which is why you have to look at the extremes.

and yes you quoted me... completely out of context when i was discussing something else... good job.

and yes i read your statement. and the thing is you arent consistent in your discussions. you talk about running while shooting and in the next post without shooting. You keep switching back and forth on topics with no base prefice. if you cant discuss things properly then theres no point in even talking to you as you dont seem to grasp what it is you are talking about.

and to you i say good day.

No proof/evidence, pulling numbers from your head, you say I quote you out of context but fail to outline what that context was.

"No, we're talking UO not science, when you are going in a pvp setting, you are looking at the burst you can do, not a sustained average over a long period of time."

If looking only at the burst explo/e-bolt does well over the bow/pot combo; explode/e-bolt doing a potential: 42 + 42 + ~25 (from pot) plus stun punch if you really want to play it hard.

That's much more than your bow/pot combo. If 109 is somehow more threatening than: bow (50~max + 25 [from pot] ) combo I'm not seeing it.

I addressed the interruption problem (Protection, it's a 2nd Circle spell).

"and yes you quoted me... completely out of context when i was discussing something else... good job."

No, I didn't.

"and yes i read your statement. and the thing is you arent consistent in your discussions. you talk about running while shooting and in the next post without shooting. You keep switching back and forth on topics with no base prefice. if you cant discuss things properly then theres no point in even talking to you as you dont seem to grasp what it is you are talking about."

I addressed this in my last post:

" "Once again, this is arguing when you use bows + pots with no unequip. (are you just switching sides on every argument you go on? b/c you are the one saying you should be able use pots while holding bows)"

'We don't have shot on the run. Even if we did a mage could cast Protection (2nd circle spell) to prevent interrupts. Yes, it's only 25% of the time but you have a 50% chance to defend from the arrow in the first place. And god forbid a mage needed to time his spells.' "

I laid out a scenario with current mechanics, and I laid out a scenario with proposed mechanics.

You have not.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
What numbers stats or mechanics did you point out? 3.5 second swing timer? its 2.5 seconds for a bow, ~3.5 if you disarm/pot/rearm but it also does upwards of 60 damage. 50% hit rate? Its higher than 50% as almost every bow someone uses will have acc on it, I typically run exceed or supreme. Mechanics? "You would need a script do that for you" Youre joking right? That statement in itself discredits your entire arguement, if you cannot press three keys without a script how can you be taken seriously? I can disarm/pot/rearm every single swing if I wanted to with no script... it is extremely simple.

You can start a fight off with a pot+shot hitting for a lot of damage at the exact same time, and leave the bow equipped for a 2.5 second shot follow up. If they start casting a gheal, you can start another pot and shoot again for another big burst of damage (doing more damage than their gheal). You can weaken disrupt their gheals late in the cast while starting a pot early to stagger your damage. If they start to run, I will absolutely disarm/ start pot/ re-arm every swing until I can catch them hitting a tree to where I can shoot etc. You can weaken a mage down to 89 hps, and pot+heavy xbow

There are plenty of ways to use these mechanics effectively and yes like I said just because you havent tried doesnt mean it isnt viable.

Unlike you I HAVE played these templates, scribe archer, archer tank, alchy archer, and have had great success in 1v1s with them. Ive killed people 2-3v1 on my tank mage archer and alchy archers. A pot+ heavy shot can do over 80 damage.... You can bait people into taking offense on you and kill them pretty easily a lot of the time.

Ive also killed people 2v8 on alchy dex archers. Add in a running shot or throwing pots while bow is equipped, both 1v1 and group fights archers will be quite OP in the hands of actual PvPers. I am sorry that you do not fall into that category and have trouble playing this template, but there are plenty of PvPers who have used these and done great. Maybe it is time to evaluate the way that you play instead of the template?

"What numbers stats or mechanics did you point out? 3.5 second swing timer? its 2.5 seconds for a bow, ~3.5 if you disarm/pot/rearm but it also does upwards of 60 damage. 50% hit rate? Its higher than 50% as almost every bow someone uses will have acc on it, I typically run exceed or supreme. Mechanics? "You would need a script do that for you" Youre joking right? That statement in itself discredits your entire arguement, if you cannot press three keys without a script how can you be taken seriously? I can disarm/pot/rearm every single swing if I wanted to with no script... it is extremely simple."

This site, and the proof it gives says you're wrong about swing speeds: http://www.uorenaissance.com/stratics/combat

Gm Skill v. GM skill (with accuracy) = 60% to hit.... 40% less than magic

I can hit three keys; i've hit several while typing this.

"You can start a fight off with a pot+shot hitting for a lot of damage at the exact same time, and leave the bow equipped for a 2.5 second shot follow up. If they start casting a gheal, you can start another pot and shoot again for another big burst of damage (doing more damage than their gheal). You can weaken disrupt their gheals late in the cast while starting a pot early to stagger your damage. If they start to run, I will absolutely disarm/ start pot/ re-arm every swing until I can catch them hitting a tree to where I can shoot etc. You can weaken a mage down to 89 hps, and pot+heavy xbow"

If a mage is worried about interrupts, they should cast 'Protection' to avoid it. Not my fault they don't want to use all of their spells.

Also, you're out-lining a bow swing speed than switch to a heavy-xbow in your argument. Heavy Xbow has a swing rate of: ~4.2 plenty of opportunity to time your casting. Sure you could throw another pot.... but you'd never get a shot off in that case aside from maybe that first one.

" Ive also killed people 2v8 on alchy dex archers. Add in a running shot or throwing pots while bow is equipped, both 1v1 and group fights archers will be quite OP in the hands of actual PvPers. I am sorry that you do not fall into that category and have trouble playing this template, but there are plenty of PvPers who have used these and done great. Maybe it is time to evaluate the way that you play instead of the template? "

If that's true you should have no trouble gathering the evidence to prove me wrong. I've been asking for proof for awhile.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
"What numbers stats or mechanics did you point out? 3.5 second swing timer? its 2.5 seconds for a bow, ~3.5 if you disarm/pot/rearm but it also does upwards of 60 damage. 50% hit rate? Its higher than 50% as almost every bow someone uses will have acc on it, I typically run exceed or supreme. Mechanics? "You would need a script do that for you" Youre joking right? That statement in itself discredits your entire arguement, if you cannot press three keys without a script how can you be taken seriously? I can disarm/pot/rearm every single swing if I wanted to with no script... it is extremely simple."

This site, and the proof it gives says you're wrong about swing speeds: http://www.uorenaissance.com/stratics/combat

Gm Skill v. GM skill (with accuracy) = 60% to hit.... 40% less than magic

I can hit three keys; i've hit several while typing this.

"You can start a fight off with a pot+shot hitting for a lot of damage at the exact same time, and leave the bow equipped for a 2.5 second shot follow up. If they start casting a gheal, you can start another pot and shoot again for another big burst of damage (doing more damage than their gheal). You can weaken disrupt their gheals late in the cast while starting a pot early to stagger your damage. If they start to run, I will absolutely disarm/ start pot/ re-arm every swing until I can catch them hitting a tree to where I can shoot etc. You can weaken a mage down to 89 hps, and pot+heavy xbow"

If a mage is worried about interrupts, they should cast 'Protection' to avoid it. Not my fault they don't want to use all of their spells.

Also, you're out-lining a bow swing speed than switch to a heavy-xbow in your argument. Heavy Xbow has a swing rate of: ~4.2 plenty of opportunity to time your casting. Sure you could throw another pot.... but you'd never get a shot off in that case aside from maybe that first one.

" Ive also killed people 2v8 on alchy dex archers. Add in a running shot or throwing pots while bow is equipped, both 1v1 and group fights archers will be quite OP in the hands of actual PvPers. I am sorry that you do not fall into that category and have trouble playing this template, but there are plenty of PvPers who have used these and done great. Maybe it is time to evaluate the way that you play instead of the template? "

If that's true you should have no trouble gathering the evidence to prove me wrong. I've been asking for proof for awhile.

Staff tried it when they added 2 handed pot throwin and decided it was OP in no way or form do they need to justify/prove themselfs to you so you have 2 options you can sit here crying for somethin thats not gonna happen or you can move on.

w.e you decided have fun.....

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
Saying good day means you leave, not lie about my talking points.
trying to leave, your lack of sense keeps pulling me back.

and ive never lied about your talking points, i said your arguments make no sense. You cant switch from HYPOTHETICAL situations, to ACTUAL situations without prefacing either ones. this is what you are doing. when we talk about a HYPOTHETICAL fight, and you come back the normal stats IT DOESNT WORK.

hypothetical vs real situation....

so stop arguing