Champ spawn suggestion

Vorax

Grandmaster
At first glance I like this idea, because it'd give me a reason to spend the time on doing champs. But in essence this would increase the drops, because you are able to buy scrolls, which would depreciate the value in the end regardless of the price you set.

Just to throw this out there, if there are 3 PS that drop at the end of the champ spawn, why not split it up... At the end of Level 3 - give out a PS, at the end of level 4 give one out, then when the champ is dead give one out? Give some sort of reward for spending the time, to get the champ to the end. The biggest issue is that the raiders know when they have to gate in, in order to maximize confusion, kill the PvM'rs, and collect their loot, and it's usually just when the boss is about to die.. So spread out the reward, if they want to raid, and finish the champ spawn, let them put in some of the work, or miss out on some of the rewards, instead of bouncing from one champ boss to the next, while sitting in the room as a ghost.
I actually really like this idea of having the loot dropping periodically as the champ spawn progresses, would really flood the market like guaranteed loot drops at the end would, and at the same time it promotes the people raiding to come and get score/ raid multiple times.

StegcO

Grandmaster
Obsessed? This it the first time i quote Mafia guild, to be honest the second time the first one was a good quote about afx trick to survive.

You are almoust a 10 users group with same languages, at least 2 or 3 of you have relics/metapets ecc (more than me) but i always see you dead on the group without fighting.

Stop posting about Lamborghini and start to fight, aat least you will loose 20x each reags

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
Curious to know why every post, especially in one about suggestions and ideas, always seems to degrade into bickering back and forth, by people trying to defend their playstyle, as opposed to replying directly to the suggestions/ideas being presented? Someone perceives a problem, respond to it directly, it doesn't have to degrade into a he said/does, she said/does argument every time. That's where toxicity in a community forms..

Xiulan

Master
I think the people suggesting that Fuschino's idea would flood the market with "guaranteed loot" might have missed this important sentence:

The price of these endgame power scrolls on the NPC's should be quite high.

Clearly the idea was for people to earn points toward the rewards over time, similar to the conquests system we used to have. It would be a long term goal to work toward, and a way for literally everyone who does champs to eventually get something out of it even if they're not lucky enough to ever land or hold onto a reward that drops.

Another advantage would be in the ability to choose which scroll or reward you turn your points in for. That would help avoid situations where, for example, a person has gathered three of the four power scrolls for the skill they want to raise but can't seem to get their hands on the one they need to finish it -- with this system they could keep doing champs until they get enough points to turn in for it, rather than being entirely dependent on the whims of RNG and the marketplace. (Obviously 120 tame scrolls would need to remain difficult to get, but with this method you could maybe work toward one in six months of doing daily champs rather than waiting two years if you ever get one at all.)

I like AreYouKidden's idea too though. It would probably change things the least, but still make it so that last-minute raiding wouldn't equal guaranteed loot for raiders and more of the participants would get a chance at a reward.

Sephid

Master
Just to throw this out there, if there are 3 PS that drop at the end of the champ spawn, why not split it up... At the end of Level 3 - give out a PS, at the end of level 4 give one out, then when the champ is dead give one out? Give some sort of reward for spending the time, to get the champ to the end. The biggest issue is that the raiders know when they have to gate in, in order to maximize confusion, kill the PvM'rs, and collect their loot, and it's usually just when the boss is about to die.. So spread out the reward, if they want to raid, and finish the champ spawn, let them put in some of the work, or miss out on some of the rewards, instead of bouncing from one champ boss to the next, while sitting in the room as a ghost.

This!

Lord and Savior

Apprentice
..why not just keep a ghost at the champ and gate in as the champ dies? Then just go back through the gate, still hidden from your house?

Mark runes to the MANY trammel ish ankhs provided to you at each champ?

Put hiding on your champ char?

Group up 3-4 pvp'ers and fight back against the reds that get automatically aggro'd by every fucking mob before blues?

The possibilities are endless, dude. I will never understand why people want shit handed to them.

Ranker

Master
At first glance I like this idea, because it'd give me a reason to spend the time on doing champs. But in essence this would increase the drops, because you are able to buy scrolls, which would depreciate the value in the end regardless of the price you set.

This is the best idea so far. Anyone who doesn't like it only hates it because the easy mode of raiding a champ at the end won't be able to happen anymore. Well it will they just won't get all 3 PS and everything that drops off the champ.

Ranker

Master
..why not just keep a ghost at the champ and gate in as the champ dies? Then just go back through the gate, still hidden from your house?

Mark runes to the MANY trammel ish ankhs provided to you at each champ?

Put hiding on your champ char?

Group up 3-4 pvp'ers and fight back against the reds that get automatically aggro'd by every fucking mob before blues?

The possibilities are endless, dude. I will never understand why people want shit handed to them.

I never understand how pkers/pvpers can say this when they want the exact same thing. lets be real, steamrolling PVMers who never do or want to do pvp is easy mode for full time pvpers and pks. How is that not easy mode for you? Let another group do 99% of the work, swoop in, rape and pillage and then leave. All for 10 mins of work, while the ppl who put 3 hours in get nothing, but yep pvmers want east street...

Pk's can still raid champs with Areyoukidden's idea, however it would have to be more frequent and/or they would have to take over and do the champ themselves. or keep coming back every 30 mins to kill and loot again. Which in turn could make the group stop the champ and leave or fight back just as it does now.

People like you are the ones who really want it easy. I am all for looting and pking, hell its why I play this game, however players NEVER getting a chance at a champ/loot because they choose not to pvp is not them wanting easy street.

I don't think most pkers/pvpers really think about anything but themselves and whats easy/fun for them. Not all, but most.

Lord and Savior

Apprentice
I never understand how pkers/pvpers can say this when they want the exact same thing. lets be real, steamrolling PVMers who never do or want to do pvp is easy mode for full time pvpers and pks. How is that not easy mode for you? Let another group do 99% of the work, swoop in, rape and pillage and then leave. All for 10 mins of work, while the ppl who put 3 hours in get nothing, but yep pvmers want east street...

Pk's can still raid champs with Areyoukidden's idea, however it would have to be more frequent and/or they would have to take over and do the champ themselves. or keep coming back every 30 mins to kill and loot again. Which in turn could make the group stop the champ and leave or fight back just as it does now.

People like you are the ones who really want it easy. I am all for looting and pking, hell its why I play this game, however players NEVER getting a chance at a champ/loot because they choose not to pvp is not them wanting easy street.

I don't think most pkers/pvpers really think about anything but themselves and whats easy/fun for them. Not all, but most.
I just listed multiple ways to exit a champ with your 105 LJ scroll and that is your reply? That is the attitude that has dumbed down this game, the "wah I just wanna play the game and receive my white scroll, not WORK for it" attitude.
The "everyone gets a trophy" attitude.

You want scrolls dropped from each level? One scroll per level? Okay, then it gets raided at level 1 or 2, meaning you give up right then.. since obviously no one cares to work for the possible 12m item.

You want 1 scroll dropped at level 1, 2 at 2, so on and so forth? Good luck killing the BARELY alive PS market, strung along with @eppy intervention with the spider relics (solid idea btw.)

You want free itema delivered to your bank, only having to kill shit tier mobs and considering that enough work? Go farm dungeon crystals.

Ranker

Master
I just listed multiple ways to exit a champ with your 105 LJ scroll and that is your reply? That is the attitude that has dumbed down this game, the "wah I just wanna play the game and receive my white scroll, not WORK for it" attitude.
The "everyone gets a trophy" attitude.

You want scrolls dropped from each level? One scroll per level? Okay, then it gets raided at level 1 or 2, meaning you give up right then.. since obviously no one cares to work for the possible 12m item.

You want 1 scroll dropped at level 1, 2 at 2, so on and so forth? Good luck killing the BARELY alive PS market, strung along with @eppy intervention with the spider relics (solid idea btw.)

You want free itema delivered to your bank, only having to kill shit tier mobs and considering that enough work? Go farm dungeon crystals.

Wong, No one cares to work for it? Coming from the person who wants to wait 2 hours and let a group do the *work* for him so he can come in and rape/pillage all the loot at the end? Instead of you know having to *work* for it by raiding a few times instead of just once at the end? I do not mind pks, hell I love the rush you get when one pops up. But champs being the way they are now are no fun for anyone other than most the pks that raid them at the end.

So again, you want easy mode and then try to use that excuse on PvMers who just want a FAIR chance because they are not pvpers. Funny. Easy mode for you and pks alike is fine, easy mode for anyone else... PFFT FUCKING TRAMMYS. Even though the idea the areyoukidden came up with is no where *easy* mode.

Ranker

Master
Black Sambo please dont bring ingame rivalry onto forums .

I was being very unbias and objective with that thread.

Thanks and have a nice day !

No you are not, you want your cake and to eat it too. Its clear to most just what and who you are as a person.