Champ spawn suggestion

ScooterUo

Grandmaster
what do they do until they can get money to get supplies to make one of those character girana?

implement everybody housing your mount, bad pks, regular pks dieing, no ring of forgiveness, no alt account to come assist, no full spellbook, no friends, new game, dont know anything....

so easy to give up at the beginning ijs

but... yeh maps and mibs are the way to go, up until that point? I haven't seen anything posted to help them GET to that point yet

ScooterUo

Grandmaster
and might i add, you faggots that are portraiting new players/young is really killing the shard more than you know, over your lazy ass's cant farm up 25k in 15 min like everyone else

all these people who are attempting to come back are shunned away because its the whole boy who cried wolf concept, guess you guys really want this shard to die down to 36 players.. shame on all you guys who do ******** OHHHHHH SLICK talents to scum people away for UOGOLD......jesus man

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster
why should new players do champs

Why shouldnt they? With tweaks to the system suggested new players could still be pked repeatedly preventing a score good enough to realistically get a reward or be stopped from handing in the "champ currency" before they decay. The difference is there would be a small chance of getting a reward rather than no chance. It would also make the pk guilds have to actively patrol the area to prevent others getting a good score. Lets not forget, PKers are supposed to be at most risk not least

ScooterUo

Grandmaster
help people out daily, but today was crap... kid shoots the crap with me, next 15 min on the big poker table....smfh

Bobby123

Grandmaster
Its hard to reason with yous so its pointless. Everyone who suggests something isnt just crying you know. If something isnt perfect there is room for change. Nothing can be debated with yous repeating the same lines and dragging people into petty arguments. If somethings being discussed the main point should be what is good for the server not to attack everyone with a different view

RWGjom4.png

Look whos talking @Smokey McCallum . I already stated my position across but for some reason you refused to understand it and even made personal attacks on me .

So much about not attacking everyone with a different view point ! What a hypocrite !

Calm down , take a step back and look around ! You might learn more this way !

^

can we implement common sense here? much less jumping into the shoes of a freshly character here not knowing anybody? not everybody wants to take 1 1/2 years just to complete a character while guilds like yourself are accumulating roughly on the worst 5-10 mill per day ( trust me i know from my eqms time ) i know whats to be made, on the high end yalls 75 man alliance might come away with over 20 mill per day constantly doing champs...FACTS

so girana? what do you recommend new players do then? sheer sheep? pick regs off the ground? kill skeletons and zombies while a barracoon champ spawn is being done in 10-15 min with 5-6 people?

can we please use common sense in our comments thanks

Judging from your logic @ScooterUo aka babethoven ( not even sure why hes allowed to post on forums using someone elses account when hes been banned) , are you telling me everyone should instantly get a meta spider , meta dragon and meta steed all in 1 month ???

What abt all other guys that put in months and years of effort to accumulate whatever pixels they have to date ??? Do you even know the meaning of character development ???

Also your logic is horrible . A 75 man alliance pulling in 20m gold worth of items a day is not considered alot at all . Thats only approx 260k or so per day .

IF ANYONE OF YOU are so concerned with new players making money in game , kindly link them my thread and they wlll be richer than players such as yourself , @Smokey McCallum and @Ranker in no time .

https://uoforum.com/threads/bobby123-best-money-making-guide-for-novice-players.96122/

har har !

ScooterUo

Grandmaster
can you like respect your age, yourself one time in your life instead of being a COMPLETE idiotic 5 year old kid, Famara and Tony are 2 people that its reallllllllllllllllllllllllly hard to get on their bad side... and I see why more and more everyday I see you write your repetitive comments over and over again, maybe they need clean water over there guys? we can donate towards that as well so maybe they can think straight

everythings always an attack towards somebody, belitting of their opinon on a free forums, who are you? are you staff? why do you wish to get rid of the few who wish to voice their opinion in the long run? must I remind you and repost the original powerscrolls sink, it was me your welcome

but who the hell cares, we are discussing solutions to a long term survival of the cycle of game play this game allows but everything you have said is in reply to somebody elses comment and zero solutions, your causing a problem inside a problem which in theory..... illuminati

Bobby123

Grandmaster
The thing that boggles my mind is is i already explained to everyone that the best way to make money isnt champ spawns but the same group of people keeps crying over and over again .

Lets just take a look at some of these players profile :

-
@ScooterUo aka babethoven ( not even sure why hes allowed to use someone elses account to post ) : Someone formerly from EQMS till they got defeated off the server. Does private RDAs with a couple of his buddies but only calls in when rival enemy guilds finds the RDA. He joined EQMS to zerg /pk/ grief at champs is now complaining that champs should be made easier for new players. Wonder why no such posts were made when EQMS was zerging for the past 24 months ???

-
@Ranker aka Black sambo : Dont really know him well, hardly see him much at champ spawns but i see him at almost every Arch Daemon . Hes upset with $OWER for raiding many of his Arch Daemon lately . Feel a little bad raiding his Arch Daemons so recently I tried to explain to him him in private that Arch daemon isnt the way to make money if hes a solo player but his reply was : I like to try my luck . One good thing is at least black sambo did made some posts against the defeated guild when they were around so his position is consistent.

@Smokey McCallum aka ???????? : This guy is the winner among them . No idea who he is , didnt see him making a single post when EQMS was raiding with 15+ pks against other groups daily for the last 24 months but is now crying that champs should be change to suit his needs ??? Funny isnt it ??? Or might he be from the defeated guild ??? Also make personal attacks on others when he have nothing else to say.

I will repeat one more time : doing champ spawns isnt the best way to make $ in game if you are a new player . In fact its a horrible way and crystal turn in method is at least 5 x better than doing champs ( which is already almost risk free and i have already explained it on another thread ) .

Thanks and have a nice day !

Malkraven

Grandmaster
P.S babe you shit on tony, famara and Earl (all long term friends) in a heartbeat to improve your own UO wealth you have been apart of the biggest and worst Zerg to ever grace UOF, you have griefed more new players than anyone else in this thread and you now talk about helping new players, fighting zergs and other peoples greed.

Its some of the funniest shit i have ever fucking read tbh

ScooterUo

Grandmaster
they gave me 120 taming, molten, bloody, qs, and 5 taming ss on the front.....after joining POWER back in the day when i left them at ORIGINAL $..... coughs the REAL $

and they still fronted me all that because we were playing together, what I think it is guys?

Honestly?

Think ALLLLOT of yall based off posts, behavior... im sorry

im so sorry you did not get THAT attention growing up man, and I welcome you guys with open arms here on these UOF magical wizard land forum posts gahhhhh the pleasure man o_-

i sold quicksilvers to guild mates for 5 mill while in eqms, spread what i knew about the game to others to develop players and not hide it all for myself to be considered once again abuse/cheat

why? because.....its all ingame mechanics, once you understand that everyone has a different play style well only THEN you can start to understand that once you make connections with people... doesnt matter if you leave a guild and fight them for years, and then rejoin.... they gave me 25 mill up front and paid them back within a week...

using TEAM work.... working TOOOOGETHER....accomplishing THE SAME GOALS...........USING OUR BRAINS...

but i think thats All categorized as abuse in yours and more others eyes based off facts in the past

Bobby123

Grandmaster
P.S babe you shit on tony, famara and Earl (all long term friends) in a heartbeat to improve your own UO wealth you have been apart of the biggest and worst Zerg to ever grace UOF, you have griefed more new players than anyone else in this thread and you now talk about helping new players, fighting zergs and other peoples greed.

Its some of the funniest shit i have ever fucking read tbh

Thats Babethoven aka Ya Bish aka Brea Benett aka Fifty Tyson aka @ScooterUo for you ( not sure why hes allowed to use someone elses account to post when hes been banned on forums ).

Thats why i find is hilarious when Ex- EQMS member babethoven talks abt helping new players !

Malkraven

Grandmaster
they gave me 120 taming, molten, bloody, qs, and 5 taming ss on the front.....after joining POWER back in the day when i left them at ORIGINAL $..... coughs the REAL $

and they still fronted me all that because we were playing together, what I think it is guys?

Honestly?

im so sorry you did not get THAT attention growing up man, and I welcome you guys with open arms here on these UOF magical wizard land forum posts gahhhhh the pleasure man o_-

i sold quicksilvers to guild mates for 5 mill while in eqms, spread what i knew about the game to others to develop players and not hide it all for myself to be considered once again abuse/cheat

why? because.....its all ingame mechanics, once you understand that everyone has a different play style well only THEN you can start to understand that once you make connections with people... doesnt matter if you leave a guild and fight them for years, and then rejoin.... they gave me 25 mill up front and paid them back within a week...

using TEAM work.... working TOOOOGETHER....accomplishing THE SAME GOALS...........USING OUR BRAINS...

but i think thats All categorized as abuse in yours and more others eyes based off facts in the past

You sold relics to guild mates?

WTF we give our friends all the shit they need we dont earn from them

Bobby123

Grandmaster

Honestly?

if you are as good and as smart as you have claimed , go form your own guild and counter raid the Pks !

Oh wait a min ! you tried but you failed ( you even joined EQMS lawl ) and no one else will join you so you are here crying !

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
Bobby - I don't expect being here for 3 months, to have all my meta stuff complete, in anyway, and suggestions I've made wouldn't allow that.

However there's a huge gap between those people who have put their years in, and are still farming, and making millions because they can, and those new coming into the game, wanting to experience as much as they can, and not being fully established to do so. Why should they have to play for 9 months to become that established? The trade off here is those new players take 2 hours of hard work to do a spawn, while you established players knock them off in 5-15 minutes (which is ludicrous to think that's the average). The trade off shouldn't be join a larger guild, or get better... we are getting better, we just don't have 4 years under our belt.

The gap is so big, for new players coming in it's a huge challenge, and at some point becomes a player retention issue. On the flip side, if everything is given to everyone, trammel style, that to becomes boring and is a player retention issue. Some people here are trying to discuss methods for a happy middle ground, others are trying to protect their money making interests, you can decide which you are.

Myself, I'd like to be able to do content, to have a chance at drops, to be able to barter/trade, knowing there is a level of risk.. Right now that level of risk is far too high, the reality is 95% of the champs I do are raided in the last 5 minutes, and more often than not, I've got absolutely nothing for the hard work I've put in. I feel like I'm established to the point where I should be able to get some chances at this end game content, and potentially get some loot, that I can barter, and trade, to try to make ends meet, with a growing cost to things like relics. I've watched Shadowy Relics go from 3 million, to over 6 million in a month and a half. How do I get caught up to the group who farms them daily, and as you say should have the advantage for all the work they put in? And I'm sorry but giving me money making strategies, is not addressing any issue at hand, it's more or less telling me farm so I can pay for the drops from your money making interests.

The reality is, if it's easily controlled, and heavily farmed by one or two major guilds, because game mechanics such as to the second raiding can be manipulated, then you've got a good 95% of the server who cannot enjoy parts of the game, the rich get richer, the poor struggle to achieve goals, that take longer and longer due to the state of the game, and eventually people burn out and say screw it.

tl/dr
There is a reason established games, eventually open content up for more people, it's so they can retain players. I don't always agree with how easy they make it, but if you can find a way to retain the same loot drops (so no more loot into the server), but spread that wealth around through better mechanics, what argument can you really put in that counters it? Because get better, and PvP doesn't cut it.

StegcO

Grandmaster
UOF give us 999999 features to play with why people going creazy about the most annoying one?

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
We're only crazy with wanting to experience the annoyance for ourselves, and not wanting to take your word for it.. I mean clearly it's so annoying that you guys keep doing it! I'm sure after doing a few I'd tire of them, and not want to do them to be honest... I'm a guy who just likes variety in what I do.. The spice of life as they say.

Bobby123

Grandmaster
Bobby - I don't expect being here for 3 months, to have all my meta stuff complete, in anyway, and suggestions I've made wouldn't allow that.

However there's a huge gap between those people who have put their years in, and are still farming, and making millions because they can, and those new coming into the game, wanting to experience as much as they can, and not being fully established to do so. Why should they have to play for 9 months to become that established? The trade off here is those new players take 2 hours of hard work to do a spawn, while you established players knock them off in 5-15 minutes (which is ludicrous to think that's the average). The trade off shouldn't be join a larger guild, or get better... we are getting better, we just don't have 4 years under our belt.

The gap is so big, for new players coming in it's a huge challenge, and at some point becomes a player retention issue. On the flip side, if everything is given to everyone, trammel style, that to becomes boring and is a player retention issue. Some people here are trying to discuss methods for a happy middle ground, others are trying to protect their money making interests, you can decide which you are.

Myself, I'd like to be able to do content, to have a chance at drops, to be able to barter/trade, knowing there is a level of risk.. Right now that level of risk is far too high, the reality is 95% of the champs I do are raided in the last 5 minutes, and more often than not, I've got absolutely nothing for the hard work I've put in. I feel like I'm established to the point where I should be able to get some chances at this end game content, and potentially get some loot, that I can barter, and trade, to try to make ends meet, with a growing cost to things like relics. I've watched Shadowy Relics go from 3 million, to over 6 million in a month and a half. How do I get caught up to the group who farms them daily, and as you say should have the advantage for all the work they put in? And I'm sorry but giving me money making strategies, is not addressing any issue at hand, it's more or less telling me farm so I can pay for the drops from your money making interests.

The reality is, if it's easily controlled, and heavily farmed by one or two major guilds, because game mechanics such as to the second raiding can be manipulated, then you've got a good 95% of the server who cannot enjoy parts of the game, the rich get richer, the poor struggle to achieve goals, that take longer and longer due to the state of the game, and eventually people burn out and say screw it.

tl/dr
There is a reason established games, eventually open content up for more people, it's so they can retain players. I don't always agree with how easy they make it, but if you can find a way to retain the same loot drops (so no more loot into the server), but spread that wealth around through better mechanics, what argument can you really put in that counters it? Because get better, and PvP doesn't cut it.

Thanks for your very sincere and un-trollish post @AreYouKidden .

I understand exactly where you are coming from and agree with you to some extent of it . However these are some issues i like to discuss with you :

- Most of the vet players have already put in months and years of work to established themselves. ( meta pet , meta talisman etc) . How can we we find a middle ground to satisfy both groups ( vets and new players) of people ? How do we decide ? By popular vote or otherwise ??? If we make it too easy , vet players that have put in lots of work will not be happy . On the other hand , if we make it too hard , new players will probably give up .

- Prices of items are not controlled by 2 guilds etc but its more a supply /demand problem : Currently there are few ways to obtain meta talisman/ meta pet relics . Getting raided at Arch Daemon/Champs isnt the end of the world . Like i stated earlier , you can obtain relics from Motm/ crystal turn other than champ spawns so to say that i am giving you money making strategies so you can buy relics off me isnt true at all . Instead if i am selfish , i would encourage everyone to do champs so we have more champs to raid / steal . And let me repeat one last time : Doing champs to make money is a terrible and one of the worst possible ways to make $ especially for a new player.

Last but not least , i am all for finding a happy middle ground so both sides are happy as long as the Core of UO doesnt change which is free loot PvP because games like WoW doesnt interest some of us at all .

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I played WoW and several MMO's over the last 15 years waiting/looking for the next step in evolution of MMO's, sadly they went down another path, that of themepark, so here I am back to UO, finally finding what I was looking for. Social interaction, both good and bad, where you get to determine the outcome, not hampered and entwined by limiting rules. So I agree, I don't want things too easy, but nor should they be impossible for most, the middle ground is always hard to find, because no one ever wants to give ground.

I liked your money making post, somewhere inside there Bobby, I'm pretty sure you want a bright future for the server, and know that toxicity doesn't help promote things. But I also get you are competitive, and want to be the best, stomp the up and comers, and be rewarded with a fulfilling experience for you at the end of the day. You've put in some time and should be rewarded. The problem is if you stifle all the new players too heavily through timing game mechanics like you do so frequently, then at some point no one else wants to play in your sandbox, as they aren't getting rewarded. And since no one wants to police the negative effects of the stomping themselves, we look to game mechanics to make a small change. Ie. different times to throw out powers rolls!

And I get and understand that champ spawns are a shit way to make coin, but there is a certain thrill in getting a power scroll that you can use or trade with others allowing you to experience the social economy that goes along with Forever as well.

To be honest I've completed probably 10 of 40 champs I've ever done, and being an untrained meta mage, I'm usually bottom half of the score bored and I've never gotten a drop. It's somewhat of a shitty experience for all the time put in. But at least I've got to experience it first hand. I'd really like to get a couple Fafnir kill a under my belt now!

ee am Dat

Adept
The arch daemon has given our group the most relics out of anything. We have NEVER had a relic drop on motm. Out of all our meta relics only 2 of them came from destards altar. Keep in mind you no longer need a 5k score to get rewards. Last relic that dropped for me personally was recoil and I only had a 1300 score.

Xiulan

Master
I liked your money making post, somewhere inside there Bobby, I'm pretty sure you want a bright future for the server, and know that toxicity doesn't help promote things.

It isn't "toxic" to raid champs. That's part of the draw of a Felucca ruleset, that people can raid and pk and steal and otherwise take things away from you.

The issue is simply that now that the zerg is gone, raiders are able to eradicate the possibility of a reward for anyone other than themselves, with little to no risk to themselves. So the risk/reward balance is off and mechanics need to be adjusted to account for the new situation.