Votes: 78 72.9%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 8 7.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexington

Grandmaster
I feel the main concern people had was a maxed out resil could basically stand toe to toe with a mob while pking another blue.

Ex: ive seen a red resil have a poison elly punching him and casting and he was still able to stand there for 10 seconds or more hitting a blue player with no worries at all. Resil should be disabled for the aggressor in a fight. The griefing for how it is now will be a big concern.

You'll make my blue player un-killable in dungeons, unless ganked, with the aggressor only flag! I've used the talisman to escape PK ganks many times by running into mobs. There are advantages to both blue and reds don't make it one sided..

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
This is what I did.
  • Put on my Defense Tali and a set of Repond Armor.
  • Unguilded one of my stealthers and set him up in the location I am testing this in.
  • Gathered a bunch of mobs with my Defense Tali character completely surrounded (not a problem normally)
  • On my Steath character simply double clicked/attacked my Defense Tali character while steathled no hitting or arrow thrown.
  • Defense Tali characters talisman powers turn off. Start to take more damage.
  • Stealthed away waiting for Defense Talis character to die (will not even take a count).

Now. Tell me how people will not abuse this mechanic?

TyroneG

Master
This is what I did.
  • Put on my Defense Tali and a set of Repond Armor.
  • Unguilded one of my stealthers and set him up in the location I am testing this in.
  • Gathered a bunch of mobs with my Defense Tali character completely surrounded (not a problem normally)
  • On my Steath character simply double clicked/attacked my Defense Tali character while steathled no hitting or arrow thrown.
  • Defense Tali characters talisman powers turn off. Start to take more damage.
  • Stealthed away waiting for Defense Talis character to die (will not even take a count).

Now. Tell me how people will not abuse this mechanic?

... Simply run away on your defense talisman character and not die?

and again it's already been said that hidden characters either should not be able to attack while hidden or should be revealed upon attacking. This is an oversight that should have been changed regardless of this talisman change. Also it seems like a good compromise to only disable the talisman if you attack or attack back. In these cases your little griefing scenario wouldn't be abusable.

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
i kinda like it. I think the inception of talisman made players way too powerful. Looking at it from a different perspective- i would often see griefer's luring spawn onto others. This change might make them think twice if they know they can be simply flagged on and that talisman protection now will be void.

girana

Grandmaster
i kinda like it. I think the inception of talisman made players way too powerful. Looking at it from a different perspective- i would often see griefer's luring spawn onto others. This change might make them think twice if they know they can be simply flagged on and that talisman protection now will be void.

we enjoy giving counts

Sir.

Grandmaster
I hope UOF removes this change. Sorta reminds me of when CCP tried to add "interiors" to EVE Online and the community almost tanked them over it so CCP immediately reverted, apologized and assured the community they'd never surprise players with such radical change again. Was a big statement by the community and devs there. Hope to see the same here before we lose too many who have invested so much time/pixels to their metas :cry: like me!!

Dulcinea

Grandmaster
From reading all the responses, it just seems like the change was implemented on spur of the moment and not really addressed with the community. I get that UOF staff doesn't have to consult the community when implementing new "ideas" or "stuff", but clearly, something that affects the time invested has created turmoil.

Xiulan

Master
Top ten reasons why this change is a bad idea. (The swampy nerf and the RDA tracking nerf are also bad ideas but I'm sure those will get their own threads soon enough.)

1. It amounts to a bait and switch.

2. It makes people lose confidence in staff's ability to make sound decisions or implement them responsibly.

3. It sends a message that you shouldn't bother investing time and money into UOF's endgame content because it could be nerfed on a whim at any moment.

4. It shows a wanton disregard for the most devoted and invested players, while pandering to the inflated "concerns" of a vocal minority of mostly new or inactive players.

5. It "fixes" a problem that barely existed, while creating more problems in the process.

6. It's illogical -- it works counter to its own aims, i.e. the tali will now actually be "abused for pvp" much more than it ever was before.

7. It pisses off a majority of players while adding no real benefit.

8. Making such a wildly unpopular decision smacks of hubris and/or being out of touch with the playerbase.

9. If a mechanic is "broken" it should be changed within a reasonable span of time, not years down the road after people have invested a colossal amount of time and money. And radical changes like this should come with plenty of advance warning so that people can make an informed decision about whether to start investing in the quest -- this whole "oh hai btw we fucked yr template today" way of going about things is just stupid.

10. It will drive people to quit. I know some people want to think that's an idle threat, but the fact remains: people lose interest and go find other games to play all the time. Why give them more reasons to?

Bromista

Grandmaster
I hope people quit.

People who would quit over a change like this: good riddance.

People who are unwilling/unable to adapt the way they play the game in response to changes made at any level: good riddance.

Ridiculous that this was allowed to continue for as long as it did if it was this easy to make a change once staff figured out their stance on the matter. It only took years. I guess people get a little too comfortable because nothing was done about this foreverrrrr, so there's clearly a couple issues that staff need to work on in the future: making better decisions and not allowing bad decisions to persist so long.

Players have a lot of work to do here as well, holy shit y'all.

Xiulan

Master
People who are unwilling/unable to adapt the way they play the game in response to changes made at any level: good riddance.

The irony here is that this change only came about because a handful of people were unwilling/unable to adapt for the several years that talismans have been in place, and just cried about it rather than adapting and making their own tali.

Lexington

Grandmaster
I hope people quit.

People who would quit over a change like this: good riddance.

Ridiculous that this was allowed to continue for as long as it did if it was this easy to make a change once staff figured out their stance on the matter. It only took years. I guess people get a little too comfortable because nothing was done about this foreverrrrr, so there's clearly a couple issues that staff need to work on in the future: making better decisions and not allowing bad decisions to persist so long.

Players have a lot of work to do here as well, holy shit y'all.

I'd be interested to see your stance when the finally realize metas were a mistake too... and they nerf yours back to a drake?

Lexington

Grandmaster
The irony here is that this change only came about because a handful of people were unwilling/unable to adapt for the several years that talismans have been in place, and just cried about it rather than adapting and making their own tali.

Yep lazy people... Talis helped PVP by not allowing the mobs to decide who died in a fight. You now have to kill the other player on your own! If you're to lazy to level one then you should be at a disadvantage in a dungeon fight.

Lets not forget... we now need to nerf slayer AR too!!

@Shane please reconsider.

Jooz

Master
You'll make my blue player un-killable in dungeons, unless ganked, with the aggressor only flag! I've used the talisman to escape PK ganks many times by running into mobs. There are advantages to both blue and reds don't make it one sided..

The point of the resilent tali was for pvm not pvp.. so if a player wants to pvp while using it they should have some sort of penalty.. ppl where making resilent chrs just to pk which was not the purpose of the tali.. its not making it one sided, its making it how it was suppose to work.

People that made the resilents just to pvp with was basically using a exploit to the resielnt tali. Not anyones fault that people made all there pk chrs resilents but there own. Obviously this has been a issue for a long.

Jooz

Master
Lets make a bunch of characters. Spend days, millions per chr but hey i can afford it. Even though its been argued it should be fixed for a long time im still gonna sink a shit ton into it. Oh shit they fixed it. I quit

LAWL

FYI: i still voted no. Should it be like it was? Fuck no. Should it be like this? Also Fuck no

Status
Not open for further replies.