Votes: 78 72.9%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 8 7.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster
Its funny that when the issue of these working in pvp was raised you got a lot of people trying to say "not many people use it for pvp", "its not a big deal", "its not that much of an advantage" or just "get better" HA you fucking jokes crying because yous cant abuse the system anymore. Its funny to see who gives a shit about balance and the server and who just wants to have the advantage over the next guy. All this stuff was never supposed to work in pvp situations. If you made a char specifically for pvp then youve got what you deserved

Alucard

Grandmaster
Its funny that when the issue of these working in pvp was raised you got a lot of people trying to say "not many people use it for pvp", "its not a big deal", "its not that much of an advantage" or just "get better" HA you fucking jokes crying because yous cant abuse the system anymore. Its funny to see who gives a shit about balance and the server and who just wants to have the advantage over the next guy. All this stuff was never supposed to work in pvp situations. If you made a char specifically for pvp then youve got what you deserved
next changes...
stop mage\berserk tali effect
with slayer armor, swamp, in pvp, on boses, champs etc )
abuse system in chaos ;)

Alucard

Grandmaster
Whoa there, just making pvm items not work in pvp is fine, no need to completely nerf everything like you have suggested ;)
Are you absolutely sure that these talismans do not affect in battles with players on boses, champs etc?
Phase Shift if you pvp blocked, if you need fast approach the player,,, loot

yep i think need nerf everything)))
players spent an insane amount of money on relics, spending time on the pumping ... they deserved it !:p

+ players spend > 2 mil on Portal Gem and only 250 cash back compensation - strange innovations :cool:

and when start nerf Tamers PVP trics ? ;)

https://www.uoforum.com/threads/defense-talisman-changes.98773/page-6#post-734488

Last edited:

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster
Are you absolutely sure that these talismans do not affect in battles with players on boses, champs etc?
Phase Shift if you pvp blocked, if you need fast approach the player,,, loot

yep i think need nerf everything)))
players spent an insane amount of money on relics, spending time on the pumping ... they deserved it !:p

spend > 1 mil on Portal Gem and only 250 cash back compensation - strange innovations :cool:

and when start nerf Tamers PVP trics ? ;)

https://www.uoforum.com/threads/defense-talisman-changes.98773/page-6#post-734488

All pvm perks should not work in pvp, thats my opinion. In regards to tamer pvp, I have spoke up against 20 lore stun tamers and all guard teleporting pets in the past. Search the threads about these things from the past few years, you may be able to find my posts.

Sir Angus

Novice
All pvm perks should not work in pvp, thats my opinion.

OK and I respect that, but I don't PvP, I have a defense talisman, I'm using it the way it should be used and I'm penalized (heavily) by these changes.
I'm not in favor of that but if there really is a problem with reds using their talisman in a way that mandates a change, then just disable or nerf it on red players and leave the rest of the shard alone.

Chediak

Adept
I have very little interest in being the aggressor in PVP on my talisman character, but if I was to go out hunting enemies, I'd accept having the talisman effect deactivated. Most of the time though, I am engaged in group/slolo PVM, with some showcase-type PVP (the Knights duels) which are not influenced by the talisman. If working as intended, this change should not affect me. I just want to enjoy the time I'm playing and the PVM tool I've worked (and paid) for. My defense character (Factavi) is by far the one I play with the most, and is the one most closely tied to my identity with the Knights guild.

I don't expect to play as Factavi with this change. I'll adapt some other way, or move on.

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster
OK and I respect that, but I don't PvP, I have a defense talisman, I'm using it the way it should be used and I'm penalized (heavily) by these changes.
I'm not in favor of that but if there really is a problem with reds using their talisman in a way that mandates a change, then just disable or nerf it on red players and leave the rest of the shard alone.

It should only be disabled if the player commits an aggressive act to another player.
For factioners it should disable if attacked and damaged by another factioner.
For reds it should disable if attacked and damaged by anyone.
I think that the faction and red players should need to be damaged to avoid ppl just flagging. If they are the aggressor then same rules apply for everyone, no def tali.
It can still be utilised by reds and factioners with these changes, when looking for a fight it will still be an advantage.
It is good for the server not having high end items affect pvp, that is the most important thing.

Goapirat

Apprentice
General statement on wiki is that Thalis only use in pvm. So i think it is good that the caps are closed to abuse it.
On Osi it is horrible that long time Players have so much overpowered items for PvP (Artifacts, 120 skills, Jewelry, Weaps, Armor, etc etc)
that it is impossible for new Players to compete in pvp.
I like the idea on UOForever that everyone can fast lvl a pvp ready character and start playing the game.
And so nearly all pvp relevant abilities Keep like in old pre trammel days.
And i like it also that they made another decicion for crafting and pvm content.
I also like it that the staff dont listens too much on crying because of someone feels personally nerfed because he was abusing the System.

On the other side i personally absolutely understand that we all look for the Little Advantage we can get for our chars. And that also is an important Thing too Keep us on fire always searching the System to its Limit.

Aiming what keeps the balance and what makes fun for everyone (new and old) is good.
It is extremely difficult in my mind to Keep the balance between this. Especially if People dont discuss about suggestions/changes like adults.
We are no Kids anymore playing in the sandpit crying about we lost our shovel.

Goapirat

Apprentice
This is what I did.
  • Put on my Defense Tali and a set of Repond Armor.
  • Unguilded one of my stealthers and set him up in the location I am testing this in.
  • Gathered a bunch of mobs with my Defense Tali character completely surrounded (not a problem normally)
  • On my Steath character simply double clicked/attacked my Defense Tali character while steathled no hitting or arrow thrown.
  • Defense Tali characters talisman powers turn off. Start to take more damage.
  • Stealthed away waiting for Defense Talis character to die (will not even take a count).

Now. Tell me how people will not abuse this mechanic?

Very good Point !! - should be looked at !!

Goapirat

Apprentice
there not any mobs on most pvp spot.

Girana you say you never did PvP in a dungeon? Because you say there are not any Mobs at your pvp spots?
girana said:
defense tali never had any influence in pvp
We all know that´s not true and the staff changed it because you are wrong.

Plz dont generally post the opposite of the truth @girana
I dont quite get it why the Forum Moderators tolerate your postings

Alucard

Grandmaster
if competitors on Arch Demon, RDA, Bosses etc
with ALT characters + Thiefs will get, torment, disable bonuses for Def Talismaners, i hope
bonuses will also turn off for other talismaners ;)

with Def Tali you trying kill Arch Demon , and some naked alt attack you \ stop your bonuses
or some thiefs steal with lightning speed your pots + bandages ... and you can't attack him ==> \ stop your bonuses

GG

Goapirat

Apprentice
Suggested Solution: only make the nerf to the attacker and to criminal flags.
But on the other Hand - PKs, Notos etc. will hate it. And they also should have fun.

Peav

Grandmaster
Suggested forumla to fit everyones opinion:

The defensive bonuses will be disabled with a 10 second heat talisman warning if you are the aggressor (ie. attack another player) by dealing a minimal amounts of damage, the defenders should not disable, until he attacks back becoming also an aggressor with a 10 seconds talisman heat warning. If there will be no damage dealt for 10 seconds within flagging the talisman won’t dis activate. The process will repeat until another damage will be dealt.

Sir Angus

Novice

The defensive bonuses will be disabled with a 10 second heat talisman warning if you are the aggressor (ie. attack another player) by dealing a minimal amounts of damage, the defenders should not disable, until he attacks back becoming also an aggressor with a 10 seconds talisman heat warning. If there will be no damage dealt for 10 seconds within flagging the talisman won’t dis activate. The process will repeat until another damage will be dealt.

Why penalize the player being attacked? The defense talisman can be a big help to try and escape a PK.
Defense talis are used by PvMers who are at a disadvantage in these situations so please let us use it as a way to try and escape the PK.

Peav

Grandmaster
Why penalize the player being attacked? The defense talisman can be a big help to try and escape a PK.
Defense talis are used by PvMers who are at a disadvantage in these situations so please let us use it as a way to try and escape the PK.

I don't think you've read it right. The defender has his talisman activated until he starts dealing damage back to the attacker with a 10 seconds notice upon it's disactivation. You can escape the PK easily with this by not dealing damage to him. And if you do you still have additional 10 seconds to help you escape.

Sir Angus

Novice
I don't think you've read it right. The defender has his talisman activated until he starts dealing damage back to the attacker with a 10 seconds notice upon it's disactivation. You can escape the PK easily with this by not dealing damage to him. And if you do you still have additional 10 seconds to help you escape.

Sorry, you're right, I misread it.
Seems balanced this way, only when you engage another player (as the primary agressor or by fighting back) do you lose the talisman protection.

I would like for it to be that when a player either attacks OR attacks back the talismans are disabled. So a dexxer in a group of mobs attacked by someone in the distance would still keep his talismans effects. Once the player swings back and/or casts a negative spell on the attacker the talisman effects are disabled.

In this way the changes have no direct effect on players who truly only use the talisman to PVM.

1+ to this

it's funny how people are saying the tank Talisman isn't being used for pvp. yes it wasn't being used for pvp because you can't pvp with that type of talisman but it's being used to tank monsters why you pk people. this was a Pvm apect of the game that has been add to the server it wasn't meant to be used for pks or any type of pvp. this is why it has been changed. now the cry baby's that are saying it's a terrible change are the main once abusing this. i seen Multiple players use this talisman in raiding champ spawns. now lets say i'm on a mage and dexxer player killer come in and kill me in a group of spawn but i died to the spawn why i was running for dear life and that tank talisman helps the pk live because it doesn't take much damage other then a mage casting Energy vortex's at a champ spawn. so reducing the damage dealt happend due to Pks abusing the system.

Goapirat

Apprentice

!! Top Solution !!

Voting for implementation

Status
Not open for further replies.