Votes: 78 72.9%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 8 7.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I'd be interested to see your stance when the finally realize metas were a mistake too... and they nerf yours back to a drake?
I'd be good with it because I'm not a weak player, I'll use another pet or another playstyle if the situation warrants it.

But why would that happen, unintended PvP consequences? LAWL Meta pets are already capped at 100 skill points, firebreath is capped, only one relic directly effects other players (unless you use your gold relic to grief someone's hunting, which of course you can) and that's kind of in the same vein as talismans were, right?

I think a better example would be to say....what would your stance be if they nerf QS to no longer work on players, as they rightfully should, and otherwise the dragon is just as effective for the PvM it was intended for?

Then yes that would be fine too.

Once the aggressor thing gets sorted out because that was an obvious oversight, even if it's not going to be as widespread of a problem as people think it is you can still use a total trash char to grief with no stock and just aggro and that doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

Last edited:

Lexington

Grandmaster
The point of the resilent tali was for pvm not pvp.. so if a player wants to pvp while using it they should have some sort of penalty.. ppl where making resilent chrs just to pk which was not the purpose of the tali.. its not making it one sided, its making it how it was suppose to work.

People that made the resilents just to pvp with was basically using a exploit to the resielnt tali. Not anyones fault that people made all there pk chrs resilents but there own. Obviously this has been a issue for a long.

Dude.... I have three characters all with talis to anti PK . I have this so I have a chance again their PVP instead of their PVP and the mobs. You're trying to make this about a PK problem. Its not a PK problem!

It was also not an exploit... I'm don't understand why people keep calling it one.

The players for this change are obviously the ones that are to lazy to level a tail. You all just want to game to be easy mode. No one will ever be able to reason with you! If you want to be a top PVP player their should be some sort of hard work involved. Not just join the server, take your 4 or 5 days to make your 7x gm toon and your a PVP god.

Lexington

Grandmaster
I'd be good with it because I'm not a weak player, I'll use another pet or another playstyle if the situation warrants it.

But why would that happen, unintended PvP consequences? LAWL Meta pets are already capped at 100 skill points, firebreath is capped, only one relic directly effects other players (unless you use your gold relic to grief someone, which you can) and that's kind of in the same vein as talismans were, right?

I think a better example would be to say....what would your stance be if they nerf QS to no longer work on players, as they rightfully should, and otherwise the dragon is just as effective for what it was intended for?

I'm not talking about metas in PVP... I'm talking about a skill / play style you spent years on leveling completely nerfed. You would not be ok with it. I know you better then that.

Jooz

Master
Hmm a po$er guildie with only resilent anti pk chrs.. are you sure you dont have a red resilent chr?

Anyways im done with this chat. I said my peace. Good luck on the thread.

Xiulan

Master
Lets make a bunch of characters. Spend days, millions per chr but hey i can afford it. Even though its been argued it should be fixed for a long time im still gonna sink a shit ton into it. Oh shit they fixed it. I quit

LAWL

Yeah, how stupid for players to trust that items in a game that they spent thousands of hours and/or dollars on will continue to do what they have done for years. The fools! Guess you showed them!

Next up: the 120 tame and level 7 meta raffle has now been changed to 105 carpentry and a pet chicken. Lawl, joke's on you!

Bromista

Grandmaster
Oh I guess you have me wrong. I would never invest in something I thought was likely to go away in the first place.

I actually think it's funny that it took years for this and staff kinda screwed the pooch. Sucked a lot of people in.

Seriously how could this not have been seen beforehand though, I knew from the very minute the talismans were announced how they would be used and you know why I still didn't give a shit to buy relics and train mine when they were as low as 500-600k?

Because this shit right here lol

Lexington

Grandmaster
Oh I guess you have me wrong. I would never invest in something I thought was likely to go away in the first place.

I actually think it's funny that it took years for this and staff kinda screwed the pooch. Sucked a lot of people in.

Seriously how could this not have been seen beforehand though, I knew from the very minute the talismans were announced how they would be used and you know why I still didn't give a shit to buy relics and train mine when they were as low as 500-600k?

Because this shit right here lol

This was discussed before and it was left in... why would anyone ever think it would have been removed years later?

Bobby123

Grandmaster

But why would that happen, unintended PvP consequences? LAWL Meta pets are already capped at 100 skill points, firebreath is capped, only one relic directly effects other players (unless you use your gold relic to grief someone's hunting, which of course you can) and that's kind of in the same vein as talismans were, right?

I think a better example would be to say....what would your stance be if they nerf QS to no longer work on players, as they rightfully should, and otherwise the dragon is just as effective for the PvM it was intended for?

Once the aggressor thing gets sorted out because that was an obvious oversight, even if it's not going to be as widespread of a problem as people think it is you can still use a total trash char to grief with no stock and just aggro and that doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

Stop with your nonsense @Bromista , just zip it .

Jooz

Master
Hmm you might not be a true po$er then. Hehe

So if you quit over all this ill be happy to take that all slayer book off your hands =D

Lexington

Grandmaster
Hmm you might not be a true po$er then. Hehe

So if you quit over all this ill be happy to take that all slayer book off your hands =D

LOL... I already said I'd never quit over this. I have many characters. Its just extremely disappointing to have something so many have invested so much time and money in totally taken away. I'd guess the majority of players that leveled this talisman did so for it benefits against mobs during PVP exchanges.

TyroneG

Master
Yep lazy people... Talis helped PVP by not allowing the mobs to decide who died in a fight. You now have to kill the other player on your own! If you're to lazy to level one then you should be at a disadvantage in a dungeon fight.

I want you to reread this post... It is kind of the whole crux of the argument against talismans working in PVP.

You saying this only validates many of the points made against talismans working in combat.

First we have you saying that PVP should be based on players killing each other and not decided on mobs. I assume you are saying that under the current system (no defense talisman during combat) the fights are determined by mobs. This is not true as both parties are effected by mobs equally. Now, lets think about the past situation in which talismans work in combat. If anything this is when mobs "decide who died in a fight".

Next we have you saying that unless you have the time/gold to spend on a talisman and relics you should be at a disadvantage in dungeon fights. Your solution is for everyone to invest in them..

If there were a PVM item that indirectly gave mages an unfair advantage in PVP - say a boost to their evalint making no spells resistable - I may buy it and abuse it while it lasts, but I would be one of the first people to ask for it to be nerfed. At a certain point you need to make a stance. Do you want PVM additions (talismans/metas/etc.) to be applicable in PVP or not - need to make that stance and stick to it regardless of if it is gonna make people upset or angry, whether or not it has existed in that capacity for a week or a year, or whether or not people paid millions of gold and/or spent a lot of time acquiring it.

Last edited:

girana

Grandmaster
Next we have you saying that unless you have the time/gold to spend on a talisman and relics you should be at a disadvantage in dungeon fights. Your solution is for everyone to invest in them..

lets remove explo pots so the avg player who dont want spend time/gold on learning to use them has no disadvantage.

Alucard

Grandmaster
Defense Talisman - was already the weakest tali in game....
not defense from mage poison, not a serious defense against strong monsters (against vs weak monsters - not needed)

improve it is not easy, afk pump it = ban, there was a time, the prices for def relics were expensive
after this update\changes, what is the point in it>? for those people who chose this tali and spent so much effort....

there must be some kind of compensation ?
- or change the properties of relics \ def tali characteristics - so that they liked the players
- or the ability to change for the player max defense tali + relics on berserk\mage tali + relics ))

very strange decision! - weaken the talisman when he did not really help vs PK Tamer
blocking in narrow spaces\dungeons with the pet ball teleport ~Death Beetle + Nightmare

pet ball press call + all kill + explo macro button and naked tamer can loot slayer weapon + armor :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.