Dungeon bosses need more loot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby123

Grandmaster
I still have logs where @eppy was saying it needed changed because it was too easy when it only spawned every 24 hours and we didnt have meta dexers and mages lawl.

dont think hes going to back you on this regardless of how well you have tried to suck him off.

eppy is fair.

Only thing i agree with you totally in this thread is Staff on UOF are top notch .

Guess i have provided enough information .

Peace out !

lollo

Grandmaster
ec0296c88593da847e04e8cc60bf2dc7.jpg

Harry Berries

Grandmaster
@Bobby123 seems super freaked out by anyone mentioning changing a daily PVM cashcow he has been abusing for a year. we changed warlock/akor and spawn timers needing to kill shit to spawn stuff... why isn't this being touched yet??? everything else is changing... Wonder if the donations made from @Bobby123 and his dads hotel money have kept this place untouched???

Bobby123

Grandmaster
@Bobby123 seems super freaked out by anyone mentioning changing a daily PVM cashcow he has been abusing for a year. we changed warlock/akor and spawn timers needing to kill shit to spawn stuff... why isn't this being touched yet??? everything else is changing... Wonder if the donations made from @Bobby123 and his dads hotel money have kept this place untouched???

wow @Harry Berries . I know sometimes people get carried away ingames after losing etc but try not to make such comments .

You are not only insulting the staff of UOF but it reflects the bad upbringing you have .

This aint the PvP thread so i wont say more .

Have a nice day !

TheFallen

Grandmaster
OK well for accuracy I will provide all my numbers.

I have not done the warden in a month or two but assuming nothing has changed this is all accurate.

I can and have solo the warden with my best time being 48 minutes.

I have done it with 2 people in 19 minutes.

I have done it with 4 people in 8 minutes.

These times are the time from the first damage to the warden until his death. You could include setup time and travel time to get to bottom level if you wanted but the actually boss battles took that long.

I could reduce the solo and 2 man times if I were to train up some more talismans. With that being said I believe I could manage to get to 10 minute 2 man run but it would be tight. 15 would be easy enough.

Now the specific times don't matter that much. I think the 4 man 8 min run basically says it all. Greater than champ rewards for 4 people spending 8 (let's say 15 min and include travel time) of their day up to 6 times a day does seem a little imbalanced.

I have mentioned my thoughts in the past and yes I have done the warden a fair amount myself. I have shown multiple people from multiple guilds how to do it as I actually really enjoyed the challenge early on. Unfortunately once you know my system it is pretty straight forward and unless you are dealing with other people it is very easy loot.

I had griefed $ awhile back (sometimes successfully, sometimes not) but at the end of the day I don't enjoy the grief game so they have been left mostly to their own.

I do thinking making all keys get eaten as you go through would bring everything more in line with a champ as far as effort. Also adding the keys as a low spawn chance for some other mobs outside of the asylum might help bring more people there. Lastly you would want the towers at the entrance provide some information indicating the warden is spawned so people don't go all the way down or make it so if someone goes through the green down he spawns if he is not already up.

Before anyone makes any challenges regarding my numbers I will say I accept and bet for any amount that I can match. They are accurate.

Bromista

Grandmaster
This does need a rework, especially since it was designed before meta mages / dexers
This right here.

Before talismans the warden was actually impossible without exploiting (before he was nerfed) or without an obscene number of people the likes of which the Asylum hasn't seen since the opening event. Oh, and he was exploited. Then he was nerfed and exploits were fixed yet still he was damn near impossible.

And now with talismans? He can be two-manned.

And nothing else was tweaked?

LAWL $ wins AGAIN !

Last edited by a moderator:

TheFallen

Grandmaster
If its SOOOO easy why dont more ppl do it?
I'm guessing the same reasons you didn't do it until you were in $.

Either they don't know it exists or they don't know how to do it.
The boss is hard if you don't know what your doing. However if you know what your doing 8 min champ loot isn't balanced.

Ps. @Bromista even without tali he's not impossible just takes longer. I did it solo way back in the day and it took somewhere between 2-2.5 hours. (No exploits just a lot of supplies).

Bromista

Grandmaster
Before or after the vampires were toned down? Because at first they were on crack something fierce.

Soon as he hit 75% forget about it lol

Tonycakes

Grandmaster

Because 1 person can grief the entire thing, stealing keys, spawning more vampires, dragging spawn. No one cares enough besides the one who does it every 4-6 hours.

Everything else in this game requires people, time, and effort. The Warden how it is now, does not.

Take the Warlock for example. It was set to spawn every 24 hours on the dot, then it was changed to be in a window from 16-24 hours, then it was changed to that you have to kill evil mages to have a chance of it spawning.

There shouldn't be anything in the game that can drop this amount of loot for the little work involved. Its almost as good as spawning a free harrower every 4-6 hours.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Barracoon's replies in this thread say a lot.

Also please do not use EQMS as an example for PvM efficiency lol I mean get real.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I still have logs where @eppy was saying it needed changed because it was too easy when it only spawned every 24 hours and we didnt have meta dexers and mages lawl.

dont think hes going to back you on this regardless of how well you have tried to suck him off.

eppy is fair.
Yes eppy is fair but he was also wrong when he said that...it was never too easy until talismans came around. And if anything the timer needs to go back to 24 hr I mean what is the logic behind the current version?

I guess I didn't realize just how Trammel the warden really is...

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Tbh the GM have a really hard time now with balance because of the gap between maxed chars with good game knowledge and chars still working their tali with minimal knowledge.

It is really hard to balance anything that 1 Player can solo in under an hour (Fafnir, Adramaleck, Warden, Arch) and a guild of players can fail at it for hours.

I personally would like to see a revamp to all bosses with a system that by regular farming a new player is led to discovering the existence of bosses and how to go about fighting one.... one of these days I'll get around to my full write up on that.

Josh D

Grandmaster
I appreciate the ego stroke @Bobby123 ;)

And @Bromista .....easy buddy. EQMS has a PvM machine that is about as dominating as the PvP machine we already have. If we decide to make a crafting/house decorating machine...its all over for you, lol.

My thoughts on the Warden are that it is super easy with a coordinated group of 6-10 players. But so are champ spawns. The benefit to the warden is you are likely to go un-harassed with a higher chance of relic drops. The downside to the warden is the organization of getting people there as well as dealing with a certain guild who guards it through means of shenanigans/griefing. I think the total time to complete the warden + the risk involved is similar to a champ spawn (any of them).

All in all, I wouldn't propose keys disappearing initially, but maybe a timer on accounts. 1 warden trip per 24 hours. I think its pretty balanced as it is.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I appreciate the ego stroke @Bobby123 ;)

And @Bromista .....easy buddy. EQMS has a PvM machine that is about as dominating as the PvP machine we already have. If we decide to make a crafting/house decorating machine...its all over for you, lol.

My thoughts on the Warden are that it is super easy with a coordinated group of 6-10 players. But so are champ spawns. The benefit to the warden is you are likely to go un-harassed with a higher chance of relic drops. The downside to the warden is the organization of getting people there as well as dealing with a certain guild who guards it through means of shenanigans/griefing. I think the total time to complete the warden + the risk involved is similar to a champ spawn (any of them).

All in all, I wouldn't propose keys disappearing initially, but maybe a timer on accounts. 1 warden trip per 24 hours. I think its pretty balanced as it is.
I don't mean offense...I mean you at least know what you are doing can't deny that...but EQMS by and large falters at PvM related activities. I mean you guys get it done in the end but not without some hilarious struggle in the process given what your guild has to work with. It has been rather entertaining tbh. I see why glutt hounded me to join because he wanted to beef up the PvM game.

Never gonna touch my crafter/house deco game though haha. Have you seen EQMS plots? My 14x14 I made with leftovers blows them away. Hell my 30x30 side plot looks better than anything I've seen outta the newbs in purple.

Butttt we are deviating from the topic.

girana

Grandmaster
The warden drops warden armor all the time.

why lieing ? its not droping all the time.

As I have already stated , if any of the gms would like me to show them how 2 people can do this boss under 10 minutes very easily, we can do a demonstration on the test server.

@FAMARA

show me how you do it EASY below 10min with 2ppl
i can hold bets up to 73mil 372kdono 146 taming ss ~10mil each regs.
i give you 1 to 10 odds and i would give out free kegs/neck sets for observers

The benefit to the warden is you are likely to go un-harassed with a higher chance of relic drops.

not true no other champ/boss is more easy to harass other ppl and the relic chance is not higher.

was never too easy until talismans came around.

1 1/2 year ago i was able to kill it easy allone in below 30secs[/QUOTE]

Like i said , @eppy and i have spoken about the green key issue . The only thing i foresee is if green keys are destroyed each time a player enters the room . I think even less players will do it which defeats the purpose right ? I personally would like some action myself inside Asylum.

i dont understand why there is a green key issue i have ~100 of them and puffy got a similar amount.

because its not easy.

Because 1 person can grief the entire thing, stealing keys, spawning more vampires, dragging spawn. No one cares enough besides the one who does it every 4-6 hours.

Everything else in this game requires people, time, and effort. The Warden how it is now, does not.

soo 1 guy can stop everything but i dosnt require KEYS, ppl, time and effort ?

@FAMARA
i am sorry for you that you cant made 10 accounts to cheat at warden to stop us like you try with rdas.

Status
Not open for further replies.