Losing Meta Pet with all relics after 12h

Streets

Grandmaster
I'd love to see them do something with Forensic Evaluation. I thought I heard this skill was used back in the day to detect thieves... not sure if that is true or not?

Thieves and corpses wasn't it? To see what killed a player?

Lastly I don't mean to bash on Tamers (I really don't if that's your play style great)

I just want to point out that metas and talismans where ment to extend end game content. For something to do once you reached your pinnacle. I think "some" of the issue lies in players that are really not at "end game" trying to play as if they are. Hell I am far from end game even myself. But the prices/rewards are based on someone that has been there and done that and has nothing left to spend gold on. This is an unstable game play for people not at this level which is why you have alot of animosity.

Metas are not needed per say as in you can't do anything without them. It is something you the player have to assume the risk of.

Streets

Grandmaster
Re read my post.. people that are not at end game do not have end game money or end game abilities to maintain endgame content.

Re read my post.. people that are not at end game do not have end game money or end game abilities to maintain endgame content.
I'll make it so simple a UO player could do it. Complete this sentence:
It's important that meta tamers can lose pets worth 50 million gold because...

Streets

Grandmaster
Because when you are at end game you have alot of gold. But at end game this will not seam like alot to you. Much like when you first stated okay 10k gold seemed like a lot at some point 50mill won't seem that much... At that point you should consider a meta pet

Last edited:

De Medici

Grandmaster
Because when you are at end game you have alot of gold. But at end game this will not seam like alot to you. Much like when you first stated okay 10k gold seemed like a lot at some point 50mill won't seem that much... At that point you should consider a meta pet
Lawl

Streets

Grandmaster
Relics price is player driven not set by anyone on the dev team. The Tamers themselves let the inflation get to this point.

Does the dye make the meta hit harder or survive better? If not really it's a non issue.

Daddys Money

Grandmaster
Ok...

So we have the guys who want to make it unstealable (95% of the shard) and the guys who dont care (5% of the shard). The resulting mechanic is: Pets are stealable.
It has been this way since meta pets were introduced 2+ years ago. And EVERYBODY gets a message EVERYTIME you pull ANY pet out of the stables to watch your shit. As someone who isnt in $$$, and has lost meta pets, both due to negligence(forgetting stable) and having a meta stolen, I do hope Shane isnt pressured into changing this. Im all for the hardcoreness of it being able to steal pets. please dont trammel down the server with this.

deadcell

Neophyte
stegco, you do get how power lines work and grids and all that right??? i assume you do not. tornado hits a major line and your out for days. it could happen a county over and effect you or something happens at a sub station and half your state is out. Yup real life money, someone has to pay for you to be able to play a free server and people do. hence why there are tier donations for money spent.

Streets

Grandmaster
This while argument is over a mechanic that is 100% opt in though. You don't "NEED" to get a meta pet to do taming. You do not "need" to get these crazy pets. If your worried about your grid going down or losing your internet use a normal pet(s). Less risk problem solved.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I see all sides. Risk is necessary. High value things needing to have some level of protection. I get it.

It's a pretty political situation. Whichever extreme you align with you're not going to win anyone over with hyperbole or by arguing broadly with really specific and even hypothetical cases. And please make sure you aren't doing mental acrobatics to justify your position, thanks.

Try to take a centrist position. Personally, I feel enough safeguards are in place. Arguing for more is asking for too much. Those taking the extreme Fel position and saying too much protection is already being provided probably have a better position to argue from if they could do it more effectively.

But they aren't.

StegcO

Grandmaster
Maybe when a metapet return egg the system can send a message to staff with pet relics/exp/chain and others information.

If the owner can proofe a tornado or a 50days internet down ecc ecc maybe staff can add it back?

IDK there is a statistic of why and how uof metapets are gone?

if 99% is becouse not petballed or afk in house maybe will be a solution this disaster recovery in case of tornado or alien invasion.

Streets

Grandmaster
Maybe when a metapet return egg the system can send a message to staff with pet relics/exp/chain and others information.

If the owner can proofe a tornado or a 50days internet down ecc ecc maybe staff can add it back?

IDK there is a statistic of why and how uof metapets are gone?

if 99% is becouse not petballed or afk in house maybe will be a solution this disaster recovery in case of tornado or alien invasion.

I obviously can't speak for @Shane or a developer but this maybe the only/best situation. There maybe consideration and it should be rare enough that it does not take time from developers.

If they can see based on IP where you live and do a Google search to see if in fact there was a natural disaster of some sort there maybe something that can be done? But to cry wolf cause you where to lazy to stable your pet and just logged off well you are fooked

Streets

Grandmaster
Anyone remember or play EverQuest? You lost exp when you died there as well. I remember stories of players binding them selves to a spawn and falling g asleep at the computer only to wake up the next morning to find thier level 50 toon was like level 10...