Losing Meta Pet with all relics after 12h

Not sure when OP asked Eppy that but i'm betting it was awhile ago. Right now as it stands if you crash, we get dos'd anything like that or server goes down- your pets get stabled. The only way to currently LOSE a meta pet is if it gets lured into a house, otherwise it will not go wild, or get released. We've done absolutely everything with-in reason to protect people from losing their pets. The rest is up to them.
My reason tells me that we need a better reason for why meta pets are able to be lost AT ALL. It seems obvious that there shouldn't be a built-in system that punishes tamers to the tune of up to 50 million gold for simple negligence.

This would be a bit like if we required houses to be manually locked before logging off lest they become lootable. Yes, it'd be "their fault" if they forgot to lock their door, but it's a senseless and unnecessary mechanic to begin with, would lead people to quit the game, and the punishment doesn't match the offense (i.e., perform this trivial task every time you play otherwise you might lose everything you've worked toward).

Pet trapping is an old mechanic adopted from a UO that didn't have pets worth tens of millions of gold (and it was bad even then). Nostalgia isn't justification enough for such a backward mechanic, and keeping it around looks like a greedy move given the various donation items designed to lessen the chance of losing one's pet.

Last edited:

StegcO

Grandmaster
Even if your house is public or "friends" teleporter you will be safe anyway thanks to Petball (2k dono?)

If you are afk 10 minutes in your house becouse phone call or taking a bottle of water you still had 11:50h or 23:50h (if chained) to insta teleport your pet near to you.

As Shane said vanity, gluttony and pride are the guilty of pet losing, also God said are sins.

steve-o

Grandmaster
My reason tells me that we need a better reason for why meta pets are able to be lost AT ALL. It seems obvious that there shouldn't be a built-in system that punishes tamers to the tune of up to 50 million gold for simple negligence.

This would be a bit like if we required houses to be manually locked before logging off lest they become lootable. Yes, it'd be "their fault" if they forgot to lock their door, but it's a senseless and unnecessary mechanic to begin with, would lead people to quit the game, and the punishment doesn't match the offense (i.e., perform this trivial task every time you play otherwise you might lose everything you've worked toward).

Pet trapping is an old mechanic adopted from a UO that didn't have pets worth tens of millions of gold (and it was bad even then). Nostalgia isn't justification enough for such a backward mechanic, and keeping it around looks like a greedy move given the various donation items designed to lessen the chance of losing one's pet.
just to understand... how many pets did u lure by killin the owner? how many times did you try to lure my pets?

please don't play the nice guy when you are a bad guy

as said before it's fuckin impossible to loose a metapet as of right now! they fixed 99% of the problems.

De Medici

Grandmaster
I think the thread proofed one thing: Everybody would prefer to make meta pets not loseable except of the 3-4 remaining $ members who highly benefits from from a relic sink cause its their main income source. I am 100% sure its just a coincidence.

StegcO

Grandmaster
I don't care if pet will be unstealble better for me one less thing to manage, i simply said all meta are lost not becouse of pc crash or internet down but always becouse aren't petballed or the owner was afk with pet in house for 3 days to show to peoples dono metallic color :)

De Medici

Grandmaster
I don't care if pet will be unstealble better for me one less thing to manage, i simply said all meta are lost not becouse of pc crash or internet down but always becouse aren't petballed or the owner was afk with pet in house for 3 days to show to peoples dono metallic color :)

Ok...

So we have the guys who want to make it unstealable (95% of the shard) and the guys who dont care (5% of the shard). The resulting mechanic is: Pets are stealable.

girana

Grandmaster
I think the thread proofed one thing: Everybody would prefer to make meta pets not loseable except of the 3-4 remaining $ members who highly benefits from from a relic sink cause its their main income source. I am 100% sure its just a coincidence.

pet relics are less than 15% of our income.

girana

Grandmaster
wrong!
it's not about $ members but about felluca server.

+ $ traps in like 99/100 cases only pets from players that shittalk us.

+ trapping pets is a need as drawback for using pets in pvp.

you guys must see the bigger picture

+ $ traps in like 99/100 cases only pets from players that shittalk us.

+ trapping pets is a need as drawback for using pets in pvp.

you guys must see the bigger picture
You lack imagination if trapping pets is the only form of drawback you can think of for using pets in PVP. It only affects PVP on the surface anyway.

De Medici

Grandmaster
This is false.

This is correct.
It has been for almost a year now actually. You can only lose your met pet if it is in someones house. This is in the patch notes. Believe it or not a lot of people either get drunk, disband or fall asleep on their meta pets. 9/10 times when someone loses a meta it is due to their own actions. It has caused us to slowly implement safety levels upon levels until it basically became trammel/no loss. Your pet will not go wild unless it is in a house.

Of course its due to their own actions. I would prefer not to drink beer when I play uo but I am living in Germany. If the police finds out I am not drunken from beer I will get bigger problems than losing my meta. I think you should make an exception for german players, hence we are forced by the government to play drunken

steve-o

Grandmaster
Of course its due to their own actions. I would prefer not to drink beer when I play uo but I am living in Germany. If the police finds out I am not drunken from beer I will get bigger problems than losing my meta. I think you should make an exception for german players, hence we are forced by the government to play drunken
many things are much more clear about girana now... thanks!

K A Z

Grandmaster

No, but seriously: I can see the point here. Yea, it fucking sucks to lose a pet that is worth 50 million gold. I can clearly see that. But what I don't like is how all this custom content is now forcing Staff to change the game. To rip out risk vs reward. To make the game easier and cheaper and more boring in the course. It's a path I really dont like!

Lexington

Grandmaster
No, but seriously: I can see the point here. Yea, it fucking sucks to lose a pet that is worth 50 million gold. I can clearly see that. But what I don't like is how all this custom content is now forcing Staff to change the game. To rip out risk vs reward. To make the game easier and cheaper and more boring in the course. It's a path I really dont like!

I agree.... its just the dono hues that were added that makes me struggle with seeing a player lose a pet. Every time a player loses a RL cash item they are going to contemplate quitting. I hate that!