Make metas relevant to PVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

God.RG

Grandmaster
LOL
Hey look, you posted just in time to put up a fight with @a magical man for the dumbest idea/thread of the year.

How do all of these noobs not realize that you can literally run forever without losing any stamina + tons of other gay shit

MZ3K

Grandmaster
... its not pvp at that point, its just boring for everyone...

This post wasn't really meant to be about pets specifically.

But what you said in the quote above: I agree PvP sucks when the outcome is almost certain. Right now, in PK scenarios it is almost certain that the PK won't die. If we compare apples to apples: two equally skilled PvPers. It's almost guaranteed that they both maxed out their skills on the char in the first week. Consequently, the PK will not die in that situation and the victim can, at best, hope to escape. The PK gets the jump so he has all the advantage.

It takes less than a week for a warrior to max out his totem (or whatever): it takes months. Consequently, the odds that any two players are at the same point in their meta development are pretty slim. This would make skills/stats relevant to PvP, as they were in UO:R when not everyone was 7xGM in the first week.

MZ3K

Grandmaster
LOL
How do all of these noobs not realize that you can literally run forever without losing any stamina + tons of other gay shit

Thats my point. The victim can run, and can only run. The PK's survival is almost guaranteed. That's not fun.

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
ya the only way it would be possible is if were a reactive pvp, like M3ZK said. if the tamer is attacked then the pets could do something, but they can't outright be pvp, or it would be a giant mess... and atm those tamers who are getting attacked, don't need much help with a macro'd all kill closest red

MZ3K

Grandmaster
It's over man. Accept it.

Hardly. There hasn't been a good reply to the main point (which you quoted in your last post). The only reply has been, effectively, "well its your fault if you can't run away and escape", which just gives more credit to the main point: Escape shouldn't be the only option.

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
Hardly. There hasn't been a good reply to the main point (which you quoted in your last post). The only reply has been, effectively, "well its your fault if you can't run away and escape", which just gives more credit to the main point: Escape shouldn't be the only option.

yes huh..

Most metas are equivalent to a 7x dragon (or WW) in pvp - this is already pretty huge if you know how to use it. Any PK going into a 1v1 with a tamer is taking a huge risk - usually hoping the tamer doesn't know how to pvp. If the tamer is even half decent at pvp, the PK is probably going to die or have to run for his life.

Bromista

Grandmaster
There is no way this thread is still going...

No. Way.

If you are attacked while at a disadvantage but want to fight back there is nothing keeping you from running until you can fully heal and turn around to face your opponent in a better situation.

And if you are geared for PvM and don't want to fight? You keep running.

It doesn't make a bit of difference what mechanics are in play. Those are your choices and nothing is stopping you from choosing either path. Changing mechanics just so you can stand your ground against a pk attempt is not an option. Not for meta dexers, not for meta tamers, not for crafters, not for PvPers. Not for anybody.

To say running is indefinitely your only option is false.

To say a PK risks nothing (even monster aggro? monsters don't see in color my friend everyone is a target) is absurd.

I'm sorry but you gotta drop this. Likerightnow.

Your passion for this topic is admirable even if it's a lost cause. I will give you that. But you are asking for something that is rather unrealistic. Save yourself. Don't drag this out please.

God.RG

Grandmaster
Thats my point. The victim can run, and can only run. The PK's survival is almost guaranteed. That's not fun.
Dude if you can't kill or at least fight off 1-3 pks with a meta pet as it is, you just suck

If you get attacked while qs is proc'ed now, the pk pretty much instantly dies (which wasn't supposed to be the case, as admins always said that metas wouldn't be stronger than dragons and that relics wouldn't affect pvp). Tamers, especially meta tamers, are already borderline OP in pvp.

God.RG

Grandmaster
If you cant easily dump on 1 tamer with 3 people you just suck
Reflect, pots, armor, interrupting mobs and pets, etc all come into play at that point.. But 90% of tamers and pvp'ers refuse to use any of that to their advantage and instead choose to cry on the forums.

I'm going to assume (probably 100% correctly) that you have no clue what you are talking about.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Eh to say that a tamer should have no problem defending himself is a slippery slope. That depends on a lot of things.

If you are a PvM tamer (which is what the OP seems most concerned about even if he admittedly wants all chars to be OP against PKs) and you miss your chance to recall without being disrupted you are pretty much toast regardless of buffs and gear.

QS is a specific example that only a relatively limited number of players have at their disposal. And even then you need to activate at just the right time. It can easily be avoided when it goes off and when the timer runs out you are back to being very vulnerable.

PvM tamers are easy targets for sure. Especially when attackers have a numbers advantage. And that's the way it should be.

The only time I fought (and killed, not just chased off) multiple PKs attacking me was on a PvP scribe tamer geared for war. And the guys attacking me were shitters, DragonX and Salsa. And it took work. Lots of work.

MZ3K

Grandmaster
Dude if you can't kill or at least fight off 1-3 pks with a meta pet as it is, you just suck

If you get attacked while qs is proc'ed now, the pk pretty much instantly dies (which wasn't supposed to be the case, as admins always said that metas wouldn't be stronger than dragons and that relics wouldn't affect pvp). Tamers, especially meta tamers, are already borderline OP in pvp.

--- Again - I'm not talking about tamers. I didnt even mean to emphasize them. I actually had mages/warriors in mind when I wrote this.

MZ3K

Grandmaster
yes huh..

Yeah the reply you quoted is only about taming. The OP wasn't about taming exclusively. Moreover, I'm not against the idea of buffing up the other meta totems, etc. to make them more competitive if they were used in PvP.

Blair

Master
So say we allow talismans to have some sort of PvP function (doubtful), what's to stop PKs from getting one and just rolling over every single person that doesn't have one of their own?

halygon

Grandmaster
Yeah the reply you quoted is only about taming. The OP wasn't about taming exclusively. Moreover, I'm not against the idea of buffing up the other meta totems, etc. to make them more competitive if they were used in PvP.
I missed the Totem part, sorry about that. With that said, I echo what @Blair said about meta talismans.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
So say we allow talismans to have some sort of PvP function (doubtful), what's to stop PKs from getting one and just rolling over every single person that doesn't have one of their own?

The idea is that it's nostalgic for some players who were elite 7x pvpers back in the days when most people were only adept skills, for years. So the point is that talismans become the new gap. At least, that's what I gathered from actually reading the OP...

TBH it wouldn't be as overpowering as the good old days anyways, back when people who were 7x were also fastwalking and fastcasting large burst damage on hally mages.

Adramelech

Master
The idea is that it's nostalgic for some players who were elite 7x pvpers back in the days when most people were only adept skills, for years. So the point is that talismans become the new gap. At least, that's what I gathered from actually reading the OP...

TBH it wouldn't be as overpowering as the good old days anyways, back when people who were 7x were also fastwalking and fastcasting large burst damage on hally mages.

Ahh yes, back to the days when I could have 10 white wyrms that had to have different names (the all commands didn't work then) that I have to constantly feed and command individually to keep from turning on me. Those were the days for tamers lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.