Make metas relevant to PVP

Status
Not open for further replies.
To complain that tamers need a buff in regards to PVP is laughable.

What I can understand someone complaining about is that these new defense talismans work against pets. In my opinion any added new content should not have any effect on PVP.

Malkraven

Grandmaster

What I can understand someone complaining about is that these new defense talismans work against pets. In my opinion any added new content should not have any effect on PVP.

but no one cares about your opinions hence from what i hear every single staff member already has you blocked. the tears just never stop.

i guess this latest cry is due to the fact @Athrez and myself kill your boys 2v4 using destard dragons? my advice would be to teach that fucktard jack not to stand toe to toe with elder dragons.

you update dragons in pvp then added a viable counter imo this is good. if you remove these defense talismans v pets then fix peacemaking to last more than 1 sec

Last edited by a moderator:

Athrez

Grandmaster

talk-to-the-hand.png

What I don't understand about staff procedure is why do staff BAN people from forums but then let them re-create new forum accounts and let them keep posting? I thought a ban means you ban someone to block him doing what he was doing. Sorry but this is a thing that really bothers me with some people who just cry constantly and try to make the shard and the staff members look bad and idiots. There is some people who got banned from forums and told not to re-create new forum accounts because they know what ban means but then there is these other players who are able to do it constantly even they have got forum/irc banned multiple times. We just don't get it. We got some people in our group who got forum banned and we been trying to get them unbanned but it haven't helped. Then there is these other people who gets banned but just come back to post on new accounts. We think the rules should be the same for everyone in here. Please staff could you enlight us with your policy about this? We would really appreciate it. @Shane @Adam @JoeB @eppy @Blair @JennaL @halygon @drinn @Liberty

Athrez

Grandmaster
I think all the metas (talismans & pets) work just fine atm. Only thing that could be changed would be the pets of the non factioners to who they follow with full speed. I would change this to make the pets follow like in factions when engaged in PvP. All metas are hard, pretty expensive and very time consuming to get up at the best. I've used 3-4 weeks of GAME TIME to lvl my talisman and relics and it's still not ready. Some stuff is extremely slow as people know.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
If my meta dex worked against players I would turn him red immediately as that would be the most op thing ever.

I can do 800+ damage in less that one second. Please explain to me how you are going to balance this for pvp?

MZ3K

Grandmaster
I think all the metas (talismans & pets) work just fine atm.

I think so too.

I also think that character development should be a factor in PvP. Right now, it isn't a factor, because everyone's maxed out in the first week.

All metas are hard, pretty expensive and very time consuming to get up at the best. I've used 3-4 weeks of GAME TIME to lvl my talisman and relics and it's still not ready. Some stuff is extremely slow as people know.

That's the reason why I suggested talismans for PvP.

That said, talismans aren't the only way character development could be made relevant to PvP.

MZ3K

Grandmaster
If my meta dex worked against players I would turn him red immediately as that would be the most op thing ever.

I can do 800+ damage in less that one second. Please explain to me how you are going to balance this for pvp?

Debuff the totem so you don't do 800+ damage in less than one second against players.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Really what you are looking for is just a different experience than what is available here.
If it was ever put in it would be used by pk as well and you would just be complaining about the over powered Reds.
The talismans do already provide you advantages in dungeon scenario as well. A defense tali allows you to use very dangerous spawn as protecting while a berserker with phase and a half a brain can escape some crazy situations.

Infectious

Master
Yeah i honestly dont know what the fuck hes going on about every one of your suggestions so far have been complete shit... how bout we let the staff focus on more pressing needs..... who the fuck cares if everyone is "7x gm in a week" if you want to pvp noobs go to the fucking bard table

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
Why do you want advantages to be determined by who spends the most time grinding in front of their pc for hours on end rather than who is more skilled at the game?

It seems no one else but you wants it this way, just give it up dude.

Nice deflection @Athrez @Malkraven. I seem to have struck a nerve with you two - I'm guessing killed you one too many times. I get the same treatment from @GluttonySDS from constantly beating him while outnumbered two or three to one.

Defense talismans shouldn't be a 'viable counter' to meta pets.

Talismans, metas, relics, etc. should be no stronger in ANY sort of PVP situation. This shard is supposed to not be as item based (in regards to pvp) as other shards, yet you are suggesting just that.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yeah i honestly dont know what the fuck hes going on about every one of your suggestions so far have been complete shit... how bout we let the staff focus on more pressing needs..... who the fuck cares if everyone is "7x gm in a week" if you want to pvp noobs go to the fucking bard table
Well, to be fair it's pretty stupid that skills are so easy to gain on a free Ultima Online server in 2015...considering everyone who is still playing this game they played when they were young now has responsibilities, jobs, families, etc.

It would foolish to think that the barrier to entry should be low and that the relatively small portion of the population that are powergamers not have the ability to grind their way to being significantly more powerful than a freshly made 7x char.

The perfect solution to a problem that doesn't exist would be to give talismans abilities against players! Widen that gap some more, you know?

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Nice deflection @Athrez @Malkraven. I seem to have struck a nerve with you two - I'm guessing killed you one too many times. I get the same treatment from @GluttonySDS from constantly beating him while outnumbered two or three to one.

Defense talismans shouldn't be a 'viable counter' to meta pets.

Talismans, metas, relics, etc. should be no stronger in ANY sort of PVP situation. This shard is supposed to not be as item based (in regards to pvp) as other shards, yet you are suggesting just that.

but meta pets are relevant in pvp they are capped skill wise but they still insta dispel, insta cure have large mana pool, QS sill insta kills people if you happen to be close when it pops, pet movement speed is to fast, which is no problem when fighting one but when u start to add 2 or 3 in any sort of PK/Raid situation esp on foot in rdas it is crazy over power and as it stands def relic is the only viable counter. ( i dont even have one)

is it gay - yes
is it anti UOF era - yes

but we are stuck with meta pets so id say we should also keep its counter or add another viable counter ( peace is fucked v meta dragons even at 120)

but meta pets are relevant in pvp they are capped skill wise but they still insta dispel, insta cure have large mana pool, QS sill insta kills people if you happen to be close when it pops, pet movement speed is to fast, which is no problem when fighting one but when u start to add 2 or 3 in any sort of PK/Raid situation esp on foot in rdas it is crazy over power and as it stands def relic is the only viable counter. ( i dont even have one)

is it gay - yes
is it anti UOF era - yes

but we are stuck with meta pets so id say we should also keep its counter or add another viable counter ( peace is fucked v meta dragons even at 120)

I guess your reading apprehension skills aren't so good so you did not see where I stated meta pets should be fixed so that they are not any different in terms of PVP to a regular dragon. The solution to one thing being OP is not to make another thing to counter that..

Malkraven

Grandmaster
I guess your reading apprehension skills aren't so good so you did not see where I stated meta pets should be fixed so that they are not any different in terms of PVP to a regular dragon. The solution to one thing being OP is not to make another thing to counter that..

what im saying is we are stuck with meta pets how they are now as they wont ever change look what happend last time adam change the pet speed. So if we are stuck with one we need a counter and that atm is defense talismans.

What you are really crying about is people using defense relics to counter your gay stun tamer template which is why from what i hear staff all have you on block they are sick of the tears everytime something affects your style of play.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cack

Grandmaster
Reading apprehension loololololol

Status
Not open for further replies.