Make metas relevant to PVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cash is King

Grandmaster
Most metas are equivalent to a 7x dragon (or WW) in pvp - this is already pretty huge if you know how to use it. Any PK going into a 1v1 with a tamer is taking a huge risk - usually hoping the tamer doesn't know how to pvp. If the tamer is even half decent at pvp, the PK is probably going to die or have to run for his life.

Not true unless dragons/ww's are useless in pvp also, in which case yes they're equivalent. I have a level 7 meta with bloody/magma/qs all maxxed plus nox lvl 5. It can do hundreds of points in damage in seconds to the toughest monsters in the game. But it does less damage than a trained hellcat against other players.

This morning I died to a pk with a dp katana while I was onscreen with my pet saying all guard while trying to heal myself (ran outta cures :() When I died my pet was 20% health. The pk sat there and slowly killed my meta without running away/healing meaning that he could stand there and sustain the fight no problem. I'm sorry but that shit is ******** when you consider a guy on a horse with a sword fighting a dragon 10x bigger and 100x stronger wins a fight with ease.

The nerfing of pets doing damage against other players is to the point where having a meta is useless for protection. A tamer is already more defenseless than most other templates besides maybe crafters. My eval/med aren't gm and I have no resist so I take a beating if I'm getting attacked by mages. Any dexxer going at a mage with no armor will win easily unless I run fast enough.

Bottom line is could use some tweaking - not an overhaul and not too much to be overpowered - but tweaking. My pet should do SOMETHING instead of stand there when a pk comes up an attacks me. It should be able to throw some spells and do standard melee damage like all other very strong monsters in the game do against players.

Best case scenario would be if "all guard" worked to have them attack to protect but "all kill" would remain the same in terms of nerfing so that people don't openly use tamers in pvp to fight, but can have metas for defense. Not sure if that's possible but that would achieve the goal of making the meta somewhat useful to protect and not be whored in pvp. Doubt this can be done and doubt anything will change but thought I'd at least put in my 2 cents on the subject because it bothers me enough to take 5 minutes out of my day to write this rant

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
metas are for pvm, not pvp. if you want your pets to do damage in pvp, get dragons/nightmares.

it's risk vs reward. if you want to take your pokedragon out to kill the toughest mobs and earn lots of gold, you take the risk of being succeptible to pks because your pet isn't geared toward pvp. don't have resist? that's your fault. put resist in your template. don't have wrestling? your fault again. put that shit in your template somehow if you're failing to escape from pks.

Kilike

Grandmaster
Not true unless dragons/ww's are useless in pvp also, in which case yes they're equivalent. I have a level 7 meta with bloody/magma/qs all maxxed plus nox lvl 5. It can do hundreds of points in damage in seconds to the toughest monsters in the game. But it does less damage than a trained hellcat against other players.

This morning I died to a pk with a dp katana while I was onscreen with my pet saying all guard while trying to heal myself (ran outta cures :() When I died my pet was 20% health. The pk sat there and slowly killed my meta without running away/healing meaning that he could stand there and sustain the fight no problem. I'm sorry but that shit is ******** when you consider a guy on a horse with a sword fighting a dragon 10x bigger and 100x stronger wins a fight with ease.

The nerfing of pets doing damage against other players is to the point where having a meta is useless for protection. A tamer is already more defenseless than most other templates besides maybe crafters. My eval/med aren't gm and I have no resist so I take a beating if I'm getting attacked by mages. Any dexxer going at a mage with no armor will win easily unless I run fast enough.

Bottom line is could use some tweaking - not an overhaul and not too much to be overpowered - but tweaking. My pet should do SOMETHING instead of stand there when a pk comes up an attacks me. It should be able to throw some spells and do standard melee damage like all other very strong monsters in the game do against players.

Best case scenario would be if "all guard" worked to have them attack to protect but "all kill" would remain the same in terms of nerfing so that people don't openly use tamers in pvp to fight, but can have metas for defense. Not sure if that's possible but that would achieve the goal of making the meta somewhat useful to protect and not be whored in pvp. Doubt this can be done and doubt anything will change but thought I'd at least put in my 2 cents on the subject because it bothers me enough to take 5 minutes out of my day to write this rant
Bottom line is you're really terrible.

Sent from my SM-G900P

steve-o

Grandmaster

WTF? are you serious? if u don't know how to use a tamer doesnt mean that a lvl 7 meta is shit...

who is your tamer?

ps: any good dexer will not die to pets

bane

Master

If you run a Provo tamer with a meta (also known as the God of PvM) then yes you will get dropped easy but you can't expect to be the best at everything otherwise no one would to make anything but a tamer and that would be boring. There are quite a few people that run tamer templates that include resist, eval, Med and magery so they still are viable in a PvP situation but they have to sacrifice some PvM utility. If you are running a similar build it is likely that you just need some PVP practice

Cash is King

Grandmaster
WTF? are you serious? if u don't know how to use a tamer doesnt mean that a lvl 7 meta is shit...

who is your tamer?

ps: any good dexer will not die to pets

If you read my post I'm saying that it's shitty against other players because it does very little, if any, damage when I'm standing onscreen getting attacked for 10-20 seconds. Yet if any monster targets me it will get attacked by my pet instantly for hundreds of damage in a few seconds. I'm saying it could use a tweak so against players it's maybe 33% of the aggro that it is against monsters in terms of throwing spells and guarding my ass without being overpowered.

Or instead of having a discussion about this we can just sit here and shit talk across keyboards like a bunch of 13 year olds measuring our dicks. Seems half this thread is about dicks anyways :rolleyes:

Kilike

Grandmaster
If you read my post I'm saying that it's shitty against other players because it does very little, if any, damage when I'm standing onscreen getting attacked for 10-20 seconds. Yet if any monster targets me it will get attacked by my pet instantly for hundreds of damage in a few seconds. I'm saying it could use a tweak so against players it's maybe 33% of the aggro that it is against monsters in terms of throwing spells and guarding my ass without being overpowered.

Or instead of having a discussion about this we can just sit here and shit talk across keyboards like a bunch of 13 year olds measuring our dicks. Seems half this thread is about dicks anyways :rolleyes:
You're fucking terrible. That's all there is to it. No use in having a convo because you don't realize how fucking op meta pets are.

Sent from my SM-G900P

That's just the thing... Pets do a LOT of damage to players. I'm not sure where you get this whole mentality that your pets are worthless in PVP. As a tamer you can pump out more damage than anyone else in the game in such a short amount of time. A tamer who will actually try and fight back is by far the most deadly thing for a PK to encounter. You also have to consider that not every tamer runs with veterinary, peacemaking, provo, etc. Many people have tamers for the sole purpose of PVP. By buffing tamers (or metas) because people who PVM with them are having a rough time you are making these PVP tamers even stronger. Keep in mind even a tamer with no resist or wrestling shouldn't die in most 1v1 scenarios and should actually still have a good chance of killing people. Also you can't have the best of both worlds. If you choose to make a character geared towards PVM you can't expect to just destroy people in PVP just because you have spent time/money on a meta pet. These meta pets (and relics, powerscrolls, talismans, etc.) were put on the shard with the premise that they would not have any effect on PVP. Which brings me to my next point.

I have stated it before, but I don't think you and other tamers are quite understanding: The defense talisman currently blocks damage done by your pets by up to 50%. Add to this a valorite swamp dragon and you are sitting at 70% damage reduction. Add in the leach relic and people can actually be healed off of your pets.. What I am suggesting is to keep relics separate from PVP just like metas are (for the most part). This may be why you are saying that you feel as if you pets are shitty against other players. If they have this relic equipped your pets are literally useless. You tamers shouldn't be asking for buffs to your class as that does not logically make sense and will honestly never happen. You can however ask for something that directly and unquestionably counters your class to get the nerf it deserves.

Yes I agree. Back to the subject. Let these guys talk about their fantasies someplace else. Hopefully staff takes my suggestion and gives them an outlet to express themselves in private amongst themselves. If you look at their post history literally 90% of it is not related to the game in any way shape or form. @Shane @eppy @halygon @JoeB

Last edited by a moderator:

PaperTiger

Journeyman
It would be interesting to see what it is like to pvp in the dual pit or test center with the talisman bonus and relic effects turned on. Most likely it would be an unbalanced mess. My guess would be a magi mage or a tank mage with defense talisman would be the best.

Do this to see how broken it would be.

God.RG

Grandmaster

if your pet is lvl 7 and a dexxer kills you and your pet easy then you got a crackhead pet and/or you just suck.

Fattson

Grandmaster
I love how this clown tagged me in this thread for the sole purpose of starting shit and then gets all of the **** boys comments deleted. What in the actual fuck.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Would you believe that aga reported us for talking about male reproductive organs?

Didn't that kid play with LHR once upon a time?

What the actual fuck?

Status
Not open for further replies.