Meta mage leveling

God.RG

Grandmaster
what is a Meta mage plse ? how did it work ?
A meta mage is basically a mage buffed for pvm using a meta dexxer. Do a quick search on the forums, tons of info out there.

Good luck man.

Edit: btw, despite what the dude replied to you, a dexxer talisman and relic can both be acquired with zero gold other than the 30 vanqs you sink into the stone in the beginning.

rurik

Master
I finaly reached lvl10... All i can say is:
Use SpiritSpeak, Lightning as Main spell and turn of your brain for a couple of weeks XD
It takes around 160k lightings, maybe a little more. I used some k ebolts at the beginning.
I killed mostly ogre Lords, AW,demons and deep earth ellys.

Gesendet von meinem RunboQ5 mit Tapatalk

so again, i have to use skill spirit speak first before casting spell?

Fattson

Grandmaster
I had always thought the meta mage was garbage. Then a buddy told me how @Duck Face ripped an invasion with one. Mind throwing out some tips for new meta mages?

Duck Face

Grandmaster
I had always thought the meta mage was garbage. Then a buddy told me how @Duck Face ripped an invasion with one. Mind throwing out some tips for new meta mages?

When I leveled mine things were a bit different. When I started my meta mage you were able to max out exp gain on a mob then reset it by doing like 1200 damage to another mob. So I went through to level 5 by boating a couple ogre lord paragons and switching between the two. Eppy nerfed that technique so I went from level 5 to half way through 9 by killing daemons and Ogre Lords. For that I'd recommend joining a faction. I pulled in over 80k silver during that grind. If you join Minax, you can sit back and shoot ebolts at Ogre Lords and they will bounce away from you since they are your faction's mob. I did that for a bit but switched to TB since it had the double silver at the time and just went for killing daemons. Casting lightning is the fastest exp/hour from my experience but If you want to make $ then go w/ ebolt and hunt daemons when you're in the faction w/ the double silver bonus. I probably made 200k an hour if you include the value of silver when I was farming daemons. I also had the slayer books so I was killing the daemons in 3-4 hits which made the killing and profit faster but lowered the rate of exp gained per mob. You will gain more exp w/out slayer books because the equation they use for exp per hit seems to have a curve on the higher damage hits. For the last bit of level 9, I found out that some people were using EVs to gain exp. You could cast an EV, hit it w/ a spell and gain exp at a faster rate than farming daemons/Ogre Lords. I did that for maybe 10 hours or so to finish my talisman off. This is not possible anymore from what I hear.

Summary for leveling:
  • Go for high hp mobs w/ low resist.
  • Cast lightning for max exp out of a mob.
  • Don't use a slayer book for quickest method of leveling.
  • Pick up Spirit Speak for the mana cost reduction on mobs.
  • Use Shadow Disciple First. When mana is running low switch to a hard hitting spell when this is ready to proc. You will get more mana back and meditate less.

To make money fast while leveling:
  • Join a faction.
  • Get an Exorcism or Repond Spell Book
  • Use Energy Bolt
  • Put relics on in this order: Shadow Disciple, Focal, Dispersion, Vivify
  • Kill Daemons/Ogre Lords and sell the silver

How to score big at Champs/Invasions:
  • Slayer books stack w/ the meta talisman damage bonus.
  • Target mobs that you have a slayer for.
  • Target the mobs w/ low resist.
  • When Dispersion is ready to proc, hit groups of mobs.
  • When Shadow Disciple is ready to proc, hit a weak mob to get the most mana return.
  • Have the skill Spirit Speak for lower mana cost on mobs.
  • Sometimes you may be able to kill a mob w/ a lightning, don't do it. If a mob is redlined, hit it w/ an ebolt anyways = more score per mob.
  • Use pots, I go through a couple hundred of these during a champ/invasion. Any defensive spell will not have a mana reduction so you need to use pots to save mana. I don't know why everyone is not always buffed w/ strength and agility but you should be using these. Cure and Heal pots save a ton of mana at an invasion. The less down time you have for meditating, the more you can cast ebolt and get a higher score.

As far as I know you can still proc relics on EVs. This means the method of casting on EVs to gain talisman exp may no longer be valid, but you can still cast on EVs to macro up your relics. I suggest doing this at least for Shadow Disciple so that you get the most benefit from it while leveling.

If you are efficient and have some understanding of the different mobs in a champ/invasion, then there is no reason you shouldn't be beating any tamer on the scoreboards. I can still outscore my mage w/ my beserker but I prefer the mage for flexibility and survivability.

Fattson

Grandmaster
Thanks, @Duck Face . That was really informative and helpful. One last question. If people would like to make multiple meta dexxers, which ones do you think are the best/most fun to make and in what order?

Duck Face

Grandmaster
Thanks, @Duck Face . That was really informative and helpful. One last question. If people would like to make multiple meta dexxers, which ones do you think are the best/most fun to make and in what order?

I liked the LJ build on my beserker when I had that template on him. Right now I'm using a stealth build that is kind of gimped to max dps and scores at champs. The best for dps imo uses hiding and stealth at gm w/ swords. Switch to a slayer/vanq halberd when phase shift is ready to proc then switch to a katana when you're not ready to phase shift. The katana swings fast and hits hard and you can chug pots w/ it. Its a really strange template to play because you have to run out of range of the mobs and hide to get the damage bonus on a phase shift proc. I enjoyed playing the LJ build more because it is simple and hits players harder. I haven't used my beserker much at all since I leveled my meta mage. Even though the beserker can score higher, the meta mages just have much more flexibility and are more viable for pvp.

Fattson

Grandmaster
I liked the LJ build on my beserker when I had that template on him. Right now I'm using a stealth build that is kind of gimped to max dps and scores at champs. The best for dps imo uses hiding and stealth at gm w/ swords. Switch to a slayer/vanq halberd when phase shift is ready to proc then switch to a katana when you're not ready to phase shift. The katana swings fast and hits hard and you can chug pots w/ it. Its a really strange template to play because you have to run out of range of the mobs and hide to get the damage bonus on a phase shift proc. I enjoyed playing the LJ build more because it is simple and hits players harder. I haven't used my beserker much at all since I leveled my meta mage. Even though the beserker can score higher, the meta mages just have much more flexibility and are more viable for pvp.
Sweet. Thank you.

elfyburk

Expert
Man these seem to cost a ridiculous amount of regs though? That coupled with buying the relics makes this unfeasible for someone like me who wastes money the second they appear in bank on meaningsless crap.

Drustan

Expert
Learn to budget and the payment is fine :)
Relics aren't 100% necessary. Don't worry about them if you can't afford them. They'll come in time.
I personally enjoy having a PvP build being PvM viable to some extent.

Duck Face

Grandmaster
the spirit speak, do you have to use skill or it automatically activates in some sort?
It is a passive skill, just get it to GM and enjoy the benefits of reduced mana cost on mobs :)

There are some spells that don't get the spirit speak bonus. The two I can think of right now are Explosion and Earthquake. All the other damage spells I'd typically use in a champ spawn get the reduced mana cost. I usually stick to energy bolt and lightning and every once in a while I toss in a flamestrike.

rurik

Master
ayt thanks. guess im gonna stick with daemons and drakes,hard to find ogre lords outside of dungeon. :(