No End Game Potential for Non-Tamers

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
To be honest so long as insurance/tram and artifacts are never put in place here, I honestly don't see why we couldn't take new skills and use them. Good pvpers will always adapt. They'll ***** and moan but they will adapt.

as it is now our pvp is post tram anyways.

Trammel type shit, bad. Additional content, good. Agreed.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
Yeah the controllers were originally going to be a part of the UO2 transition with the Jukas then thrown in UO:3D. During all of UO:R Arcane armor was already there. Some shards did it earlier than other. LS had Controllers before UO:R. The puzzle generators were buggy as hell. Nothing dropped the gems until LBR really. Arcane was "LRC" before AoS since it at first used the charges randomly. Sorry to get all history pissy it's just one thing I do... with all Ultimas (geek)

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
ANYWAYS BACK TO THE NO END GAME. I try my damnedest as it is to prevent people from people in my guild or associated not feel like it's all over from here...

Kilike

Grandmaster
Yeah the controllers were originally going to be a part of the UO2 transition with the Jukas then thrown in UO:3D. During all of UO:R Arcane armor was already there. Some shards did it earlier than other. LS had Controllers before UO:R. The puzzle generators were buggy as hell. Nothing dropped the gems until LBR really. Arcane was "LRC" before AoS since it at first used the charges randomly. Sorry to get all history pissy it's just one thing I do... with all Ultimas (geek)
I do too but I dont remember them ever being in game prior. I also dont recall that event on GL prior either.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Kilike

Grandmaster
We have a lot in the works currently for the server, and people should remember that. With it being talked about a bit though. I really really want chivalry. I wouldn't play anything else lol.

Even I think they would dominate pvp so can we tie the skill in with the meta talis? Hell even make a new tali, and instead of chiv being stronger based on your karma, make it so it's based on the tali. Just make sure enemy of one is the core skill of the tali, and maybe the cure/heal and make the rest relics?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
Colored cloth, meta stuff, and whatever in my opinion will only keep your attention for so long no matter what. I was a happy guy to know I could do a process to make bread or create a weapon. Times change, you expect more or better than what is already seen or here. PVP Historically in any online game needs to be spiced up no matter what. DOOM you made your own WADS to stay entertained for a bit. Ultima Online is an ever expanding game if the users allow it to be. Shroud of the Avatar tho not "UO" is still an extension. Get what I'm saying? You have a BFG tamed now what?

Honestly "meta talismans" were not thought out to the extent that it could be. Seems very very limited UNLESS expanded upon. Using AoS abilities in a UO:R setting is possible with these of course. Where to go from there? What will people not ***** about? I remember a question they once asked us...
"Are you with us?"
now I can only ask
"Were you with us?"

Kilike

Grandmaster
Colored cloth, meta stuff, and whatever in my opinion will only keep your attention for so long no matter what. I was a happy guy to know I could do a process to make bread or create a weapon. Times change, you expect more or better than what is already seen or here. PVP Historically in any online game needs to be spiced up no matter what. DOOM you made your own WADS to stay entertained for a bit. Ultima Online is an ever expanding game if the users allow it to be. Shroud of the Avatar tho not "UO" is still an extension. Get what I'm saying? You have a BFG tamed now what?

Honestly "meta talismans" were not thought out to the extent that it could be. Seems very very limited UNLESS expanded upon. Using AoS abilities in a UO:R setting is possible with these of course. Where to go from there? What will people not ***** about? I remember a question they once asked us...
"Are you with us?"
now I can only ask
"Were you with us?"

I think the biggest problem is. Once you've maxxed a meta with relics(both tamer and dexxers) What then? You've spent all that time grinding them out to be monsters. Spending Millions and millions and a huge portion of time that you're burnt out. I don't have either maxxed out yet but that's what I've noticed so far.

So let's add in Doom,(I'm sure Blaine could come up with an amazing story event to be the introduction) but instead of artifacts give us cosmetic items ,and things like Cure 2.0 but for more than just Silver. Cosmetic items are GREAT for both dono and non dono, but at some point people will want items that don't cost them real money and have a use. Adding in Doom and replacing artifacts with Cure 2.0 items with various slayers could be a start. As for cosmetic items add them ALONG with the stealable rares that Doom Offered. Obviously still keep it all Fel rules,Stop with the whole unmounted thing it sucks in Aslyum,Grinch(if you unmount or die) and it's terrible on Booty Island.

I think if @Blaine the Gypsy and I could get together and on the same page we could easily discuss some stuff and push out content that people want to see.

Lexington

Grandmaster
I think the biggest problem is. Once you've maxxed a meta with relics(both tamer and dexxers) What then? You've spent all that time grinding them out to be monsters. Spending Millions and millions and a huge portion of time that you're burnt out. I don't have either maxxed out yet but that's what I've noticed so far..

PVP is the next logical step... :) it should keep the adrenal flowing.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
I have a lot of ideas for a lot of different things. It's just about getting on board or the right people on board. As it is I do a lot even without the GM abilities here.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
I think the biggest problem is. Once you've maxxed a meta with relics(both tamer and dexxers) What then? You've spent all that time grinding them out to be monsters. Spending Millions and millions and a huge portion of time that you're burnt out. I don't have either maxxed out yet but that's what I've noticed so far.

So let's add in Doom,(I'm sure Blaine could come up with an amazing story event to be the introduction) but instead of artifacts give us cosmetic items ,and things like Cure 2.0 but for more than just Silver. Cosmetic items are GREAT for both dono and non dono, but at some point people will want items that don't cost them real money and have a use. Adding in Doom and replacing artifacts with Cure 2.0 items with various slayers could be a start. As for cosmetic items add them ALONG with the stealable rares that Doom Offered. Obviously still keep it all Fel rules,Stop with the whole unmounted thing it sucks in Aslyum,Grinch(if you unmount or die) and it's terrible on Booty Island.

I think if @Blaine the Gypsy and I could get together and on the same page we could easily discuss some stuff and push out content that people want to see.

I posted the thread primarily to discuss the need for additional content but I've got a couple of ideas in mind. Instead of simply asking for more content perhaps I should cite an example of what I mean. Here goes:

The conquest system is fun and could be tweaked to serve as a quest system for different classes. The conquest does give a few items and titles but it could also give abilities or aesthetic properties to items/weapons. Imagine a questable weapon for warriors that can gain abilities and aesthetic properties based on the work you put into it. For example imagine the conquest system that levels up as you kill a ton of demons, as you kill more and more demons your quest weapon gains slayer abilities and could have a cool animation/hue based on its level. If you die with the sword then it would surely suck (just like it sucks when a meta dies). The sword would lose a portion of its properties. Because dying with your quest sword would surely suck there would be a lot of times when a player would not want to equip their weapon and would use a conventional slayer instead. This would prevent the slayer market from crumbling and it would be similar to when a tamer brings in their weaker pets in lieu of their meta for riskier scenarios.

Similar to tamers having metas and mages having slayer spellbooks, this would finally give warriors an end game weapon to add to their arsenal besides disposable slayer weapons.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
Crafters don't get anything for the amount of time spent. Even WITH the BoD system.

Well rather than detract from one class lets build up the other classes along with it. Why shouldn't crafters have end game potential to encourage them to develop those characters as well. I know players that love crafting and spend a ton of time on those characters. I would like to see true crafters have a system in place where they can let their skills shine above the rest of us.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
The crafters could also have a conquest type system. A crafter makes so many items then they get a bonus to their items. Something along those lines at least. I don't have an idea for a great system but the general idea would be that the most dedicated crafters would have lines waiting beside their vendor.