No End Game Potential for Non-Tamers

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
Soo then lets add chivalry. It's a great gold sink because we dont ever want lrc. Mages still dominated chiv dexxers. However thats most likely because of other items and changes. As much as I want chivalry. I dont think anyone could stop an alchy chiv dexxer here. Including the lame stun tamers we currently have. So doubt we will ever see it.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
LRC was in before Pub 16 with the controllers and Arcane gems/clothing

Kilike

Grandmaster
LRC was in before Pub 16 with the controllers and Arcane gems/clothing
Incorrect. Pub 16 was in 02 and We didn't see LRC till 03 with AoS
Arcane gems were still charges thus was still a reg. Though not our typical regs. People couldn't 100% bypass regs till AoS. Arcane also to my knowledge never worked with Chivalry were as LRC did, thus it wasn't a gold sink anymore.

Kilike

Grandmaster
It's safe to say we claim to be Uo:R ish server but we have far surpassed it, but I somehow still don't see chiv/necro or really any skill like it ever being introduced here. Kinda funny too because according to most people pub 16 is what "killed uo". I played till just before KR so obviously I'm not one of those people. There's so much content we could take and use, but meh. I personally would of preferred T2A thus more Champs then Booty Island personally.

Kilike

Grandmaster
I clearly remember and here
Documentation - Started in t2a as event's leading up to the release of LBR
Get reading. Learn your history.
Again Tram was out prior to Ilsh, and loot dropped in Ilsh for gems.

http://www.uoguide.com/Facet

Unless you're trying to argue that Third dawn came out before UOR? Because it didn't.

UoR Release: May 4 2000(introduction of Tram)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultima_Online:_Renaissance

UO Third Dawn: March 26 2001(introduction of Ilsh)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultima_Online:_Third_Dawn

UO LBR: Feb 24 2002
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultima_Online:_Lord_Blackthorn's_Revenge

Soo you were saying? Events leading up to blackthrones eh? Well looks like tram and Ilsh were both out.

/drops mic

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
problem with "endgame content" (99% of the time): It's not endgame content but a who-can-grind-the-most-contest-and-who-is-willing-to-spend-the-most.

cant turn UO into something it isnt (a well balanced RPG where all classes are equally good at everything)

Perhaps KAZ is onto something here. If I'm not mistaken it seems that KAZ suggests that end game content is undesirable if it involves a lot of grinding. His other point is that classes can't be balanced. If I misinterpreted your points then correct me. Here's my thoughts on these two points.

1) If you are playing UO a lot then grinding might not be such a bad thing if it allows you to gain something beneficial. At some point pixel collecting might get old and you would like a chance to really focus your energy towards something that makes your character distinct from the rest. Additional content could be a means to do that. I don't see anything wrong with further character development.

2) Every class should be different and not equally good at everything. I agree with you on that. However, character classes could be made so that tamers aren't the only class that has true end game potential and PVM potential. As I've mentioned before I don't want to see anything taken away from tamers but instead additional content be added so that other classes can have similar potential (and also similar risks, consequences, and effort required).

Kilike

Grandmaster
As I said. LRC was with the Arcane starting in t2a to UO:R then having a home in UO3D/LBR
Arcane clothing isn't truly LRC as I stated above as it's simply replacing regs with arcane charges which is a reg in it's self. And I've provided more than enough to show it wasn't in game prior to Ilsh. Good day sir.

Young Star

Grandmaster
From what what I have gathered, most people who go to free shards to play a pre-UO:R version of UO are doing so because they preferred the pvp dynamics of that time. Now most of those servers try to keep things fresh by adding content on the PvM side but need to do so without greatly effecting the balance of the pvp. When I mentioned adding chivalry type abilities it was mainly for just PvM. What I am seeing as the underlying problem that the OP is having pretty much amounts to taking a pre-UO:R player and abilities and putting them against current OSI monsters. Tamers got new pets to fight the monsters that they have low risk of losing. The changes that have happened between those timelines have not only been items but player damage against monsters as well.

The more I am learning about the meta talismans it seems like a good start to a pvm enhancement unique UO:F. Personally I don't like the sacrificing of Vanq weapons but that just may be me. The problem I am seeing with that is there is such a huge gap between building up items from dungeon spawn to get strong enough to even attempt that quest without a lot of help. A natural solution I see for that is to have more then just this one tier of meta talismans and relics. Maybe have one that sacrifices other levels of weapons so you can get a boosters to build your way to getting the current Vanq level talisman.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
You could only access Ils via UO3D. T2A introduced the generators. UO:R the Fel/Tram Split came. UO:3d introduced Ilsh... where is my good day?

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
From what what I have gathered, most people who go to free shards to play a pre-UO:R version of UO are doing so because they preferred the pvp dynamics of that time. Now most of those servers try to keep things fresh by adding content on the PvM side but need to do so without greatly effecting the balance of the pvp. When I mentioned adding chivalry type abilities it was mainly for just PvM. What I am seeing as the underlying problem that the OP is having pretty much amounts to taking a pre-UO:R player and abilities and putting them against current OSI monsters. Tamers got new pets to fight the monsters that they have low risk of losing. The changes that have happened between those timelines have not only been items but player damage against monsters as well.

The more I am learning about the meta talismans it seems like a good start to a pvm enhancement unique UO:F. Personally I don't like the sacrificing of Vanq weapons but that just may be me. The problem I am seeing with that is there is such a huge gap between building up items from dungeon spawn to get strong enough to even attempt that quest without a lot of help. A natural solution I see for that is to have more then just this one tier of meta talismans and relics. Maybe have one that sacrifices other levels of weapons so you can get a boosters to build your way to getting the current Vanq level talisman.

I think that there are definitely traits of old school non-trammel UO that UOF players find appealing. However, to keep the game fresh and exciting more content is added. I don't see many people complaining about new content being added. Personally I find new content appealing and I believe most other players do so as well. As long as end game content is primarily focused on PVM ability and doesn't affect PVP then I don't see how its going to skew the traditional character classes. What you don't want to see is PVP ability based on time spent grinding. But when it comes to PVM ability then I say give other classes equal opportunity.

Kilike

Grandmaster
You could only access Ils via UO3D. T2A introduced the generators. UO:R the Fel/Tram Split came. UO:3d introduced Ilsh... where is my good day?
What generators are you referring to exactly? Arcane Gems dropped from : Controllers, Golems, Exodus Overseer/Minion and never before that.
Which if you'd go and read came out when? Holyshit it came out WITH Ilsh. Arcane clothing was not in game prior to Ilsh. You keep restating the wrong info over and over,but that doesn't make you right. Take your own advice and go read up. You won't fight a link anywhere that says it was in game prior to Ilsh.

Good day

Kilike

Grandmaster
I think that there are definitely traits of old school non-trammel UO that UOF players find appealing. However, to keep the game fresh and exciting more content is added. I don't see many people complaining about new content being added. Personally I find new content appealing and I believe most other players do so as well. As long as end game content is primarily focused on PVM ability and doesn't affect PVP then I don't see how its going to skew the traditional character classes. What you don't want to see is PVP ability based on time spent grinding. But when it comes to PVM ability then I say give other classes equal opportunity.

To be honest so long as insurance/tram and artifacts are never put in place here, I honestly don't see why we couldn't take new skills and use them. Good pvpers will always adapt. They'll ***** and moan but they will adapt.

as it is now our pvp is post tram anyways.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
You don't remember the controller towers randomly spawning with the controllers before UO:R? It was part of the transition/story and part of the Juka (t2a) line.

Kilike

Grandmaster
You don't remember the controller towers randomly spawning with the controllers before UO:R? It was part of the transition/story and part of the Juka (t2a) line.

Before UO:R no I don't. Spawning the month of the release of 3rd dawn as an event prior to the release? Yes
If they were in the game prior to that (which i can't find any source stating so) it wasn't widely known, and I know you couldn't craft the gear till Ilsh was out, and controllers never dropped their arcane clothing either only gems. Sooo I'm still having trouble understanding how it would of been possible prior to Ilsh to have arcane clothing.