No End Game Potential for Non-Tamers

Mango

Grandmaster
I believe you. I farm super fast, easy spots which yield high gold and possibly decent items and my dexxer is killin it.

Although sometimes I feel like power farming and I'll keep my tamer on standby with junk drags to run while my dexxer is in cool down.

The amount of gold I make when I do this is ridiculous. If I actually wanted to farm for an hour straight, which I don't, I'm sure I could pull in well over 100k in that hour.
That's it... I'm done mining. lol

exince

Grandmaster
Dexxers CAN yes, but I'd love to see any dexxer compete with @bradley- if they're both there for the same amount of time.

Pro tip. you wont.

wasnt bradley beat by some berserker at champs?

berserkers can put out hell a lot of dmg.. using invul/slayer armor and maybe even use parry/shielt to further raise their survavibility... i'm pretty sure a berserker would not be far off a meta pet at lvl 7.. (if u consider the time and money investment, that would turn a meta dexer FAR superior).

I do agree that, as soon as u die once (and that is more likely to happen using a dexer than a tamer) ur changes become rather small.. but that would be easily fixed by reducing the stupid long cooldown of talismans on equip.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Give me a vanq slayer on a non-meta dexer and I I'll outscore my meta tamer any champ any time any day.

Meta pets are great, but dexers still outpace tamers at champs so long as they have the proper setup (slayer AR, slayer weapon, orange petals, tons pots, meta talisman, etc) and you don't even need to hug a tamers pets to do it.

Kilike

Grandmaster
problem with "endgame content" (99% of the time): It's not endgame content but a who-can-grind-the-most-contest-and-who-is-willing-to-spend-the-most.

cant turn UO into something it isnt (a well balanced RPG where all classes are equally good at everything)
You can easily but no one here would like it because it's post tram.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Kilike

Grandmaster
wasnt bradley beat by some berserker at champs?

berserkers can put out hell a lot of dmg.. using invul/slayer armor and maybe even use parry/shielt to further raise their survavibility... i'm pretty sure a berserker would not be far off a meta pet at lvl 7.. (if u consider the time and money investment, that would turn a meta dexer FAR superior).

I do agree that, as soon as u die once (and that is more likely to happen using a dexer than a tamer) ur changes become rather small.. but that would be easily fixed by reducing the stupid long cooldown of talismans on equip.
Berserker with slayer invul AND parry huh?

Sounds to me the majority of people here don't even grasp how the metas work.

I really hope we can set up a time to test this soon.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
Honestly there shouldn't be any thought of an "end game" for a game like Ultima Online. The only reason why the Ultima series ended or anything ends is if it's written to be that way or totally fails. In my own vision there is no end game for me since I am still interacting with other people in a world we, no matter how you look at it, build together. I have my ideas, I have what I do, and as long as my imagination runs wild plus I have that audience I refuse to "end".

Grizard

Adept
I say potentially have more high end bosses like the arch daemon that seem to be designed for melee fights. Also, higher end content requiring tanks to take on addon mobs would be preferred.

In Everquest there were several high end enemies that required tanks to handle addon spawns created by the boss.

Grizard

Adept
An ability for a meta dexxer to turn their weapon into a slayer for 1 hour (Time of a champ spawn) as part of a quest would be nice. (Similar to the cure 2.0)

Having to lose a slayer at a champ spawn just plain stinks. ARmor would also be something that could be considered if you could turn your armor into super slayer armor for 1 hour as part of an addon for the talismans or an additional quest.

Kilike

Grandmaster
An ability for a meta dexxer to turn their weapon into a slayer for 1 hour (Time of a champ spawn) as part of a quest would be nice. (Similar to the cure 2.0)

Having to lose a slayer at a champ spawn just plain stinks. ARmor would also be something that could be considered if you could turn your armor into super slayer armor for 1 hour as part of an addon for the talismans or an additional quest.
Chivalry does that. As for the other post about more big bosses. those bosses are only interesting a few times.

We have a MASSIVE boss that I don't think has ever been killed on the server, because he literally takes too much to do. Maybe if he dropped relics, ps, colored cloth. Maybe people would do it? I could be wrong but has any group actually killed the asylum boss?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bromista

Grandmaster
Chivalry does that. As for the other post about more big bosses. those bosses are only interesting a few times.

We have a MASSIVE boss that I don't think has ever been killed on the server, because he literally takes too much to do. Maybe if he dropped relics, ps, colored cloth. Maybe people would do it? I could be wrong but has any group actually killed the asylum boss?

$ guild has killed him using exploits a few times pre-meta dexers/mages.

It doesn't count, but he has been killed. Maybe they've killed him legit recently, really not sure, but his earlier deaths were certainly bullshit.

Messremb

Grandmaster
$ guild has killed him using exploits a few times pre-meta dexers/mages.

It doesn't count, but he has been killed. Maybe they've killed him legit recently, really not sure, but his earlier deaths were certainly bullshit.
They still use some exploits to kill him but they are smaller ones. also they use stealth meta dexers to do it.

Kilike

Grandmaster
They still use some exploits to kill him but they are smaller ones. also they use stealth meta dexers to do it.
Ahh thanks for the input. From what I heard about him I didn't think it would be possible without a large group, and maybe a few exploits. Would be awesome to fight him.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Well, at least they can take him down legitimately now that there are meta talismans. Makes a huge, huge difference I'm sure.

Lord knows they couldn't have done it legit. We tried back in the day with a top-notch group and got utterly humiliated several times.

Kilike

Grandmaster
Well, at least they can take him down legitimately now that there are meta talismans. Makes a huge, huge difference I'm sure.

Lord knows they couldn't have done it legit. We tried back in the day with a top-notch group and got utterly humiliated several times.
I was told it two shots pets? Can you or @Messremb confirm that? If so HA that's something that is geared for dexxers and not Pokemon. Lol

Messremb

Grandmaster
I was told it two shots pets? Can you or @Messremb confirm that? If so HA that's something that is geared for dexxers and not Pokemon. Lol
The 2 times I have accidentally angered him he pretty much 2 shot my pets then decided to rape me, and he shouts "bend over" while the rapes you with his spear

Young Star

Grandmaster

I wouldn't complain see something like the chivalry system added. The server has grown past the UO:R with adding meta items and pets. Hell, Champ spawns came way later then UO:R when warriors could insure their gear and use special attacks. I believe their was also some tweaks to PvM damage that came before or around when paragons and/or champs were added to OSI. The area attack abilities like whirlwind is one thing that I miss from OSI that I was used to using when doing champ spawns.

Once bonded, tamers pretty much have their most valuable items insured. Yes I know there is still risk of them getting stolen away on a boat. I know it takes a significant investment to get a tamer character built up and I do not discount it. Was pet bonding implemented pre-UO:R? I am not asking for anything like insurance or blessed weapons but some ability to not rely so heavily on slayer weapons, slayer armor, and meta relics I think should be considered.

Most examples on here about warriors keeping up the pace with tamers is when they are decked out completely with the best gear in the game. One death leave a really good chance for said gear to be lost. I don't know about the average player on here but I am not sure most have a stockpile of slayer armor. Weapons seem to be more readily available for the most part other then some of the better legacy slayer types silver, repond, etc.

I am pretty new here and still trying to figure things out regarding the meta talismans and relics. I have yet to start the quest though to get it started. Even with trammel on OSI I was never one of those players that banked millions of gold. Finally getting to 1m was a pretty big achievement and I did it with a peace tamer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kilike

Grandmaster
Soo then lets add chivalry. It's a great gold sink because we dont ever want lrc. Mages still dominated chiv dexxers. However thats most likely because of other items and changes. As much as I want chivalry. I dont think anyone could stop an alchy chiv dexxer here. Including the lame stun tamers we currently have. So doubt we will ever see it.