Post some official rules on script use at sea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lost

Grandmaster
Duckface is never solo, if he is he's multiclienting, I've seen it myself, if he's not multiboxing its a buddy with another boat along side him.

Duck Face

Grandmaster
Adam has also been on our ships while we have 3 accts logged in while we doing pools so by that logic its perfectly fine so stfu and move on lol....
Did I mention whirlpools? Nope. Read my first post please and stfu. I never said we shouldn't be able to do whirlpools with more than one client, I think they are similar enough to Tmaps to keep that. The problem is people that intentionally abuse multiple accounts for the pvp aspects of boats. Again show me where I said it was you or your guild..z

You're missing the point in an attempt to draw attention away from the topic and bicker with each other as if this were factions. It's not about duck, it's not about you, it's not about me. It's about turretting from boats. Obviously during the bickering someone tagged staff members, so I'm sure well see a reply.

Jesus dude, the staff works hard to introduce something fun and different into the game and people need to turn it into a huge pile of bullshit. The incentives are turning (turned) you people into vultures.

bradley-

Grandmaster
Make it so cannon fire does not flag PvP combat and the problem is solved! That way there are no turreting archers :)

Duck Face

Grandmaster
Duckface is never solo, if he is he's multiclienting, I've seen it myself, if he's not multiboxing its a buddy with another boat along side him.
90% of the time I'm solo, I take my bard tamer and my fisher. Fisher never has anything except a pole and recall regs. I have never abused any game mechanics for pvp.

Duck Face

Grandmaster
And neither character has resist or armor on, so it's pretty clear I don't go out looking for pvp anyways.

Make it so cannon fire does not flag PvP combat and the problem is solved! That way there are no turreting archers :)

Finally, someone isn't bitching just for the sake of it and actually introduces a suggestion that might be constructive towards the conversation as if he was some kind of adult or something....

I feel like the same problem would occur, people would just switch clients and attack from the other clients. Cannon fire isn't really the issue if a group of pirates is actually going to PvP, they attack everyone anyways and the turret happens anyways.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
The real Keith " im gona make a fleet of pirates with loads of stealth archers and own everyone" dam i am dead now im gonna cry about non intentional bugs.

( tbh after our first fight when u ran to glow i thought nice some competition gonna be some good pirate fights here)

Duckface " i abused a unintentional bug to reach lvl 10 on my ship in 48 hrs and told people on irc how he was unsinkable" Oh wait he dead to and now crying about unintentional bugs after abusing em to get the upperhand
( talk about 2 duckfaced )

This thread just keeps giving

Duck Face

Grandmaster
The real Keith " im gona make a fleet of pirates with loads of stealth archers and own everyone" dam i am dead now im gonna cry about non intentional bugs.

( tbh after our first fight when u ran to glow i thought nice some competition gonna be some good pirate fights here)

Duckface " i abused a unintentional bug to reach lvl 10 on my ship in 48 hrs and told people on irc how he was unsinkable" Oh wait he dead to and now crying about unintentional bugs after abusing em to get the upperhand
( talk about 2 duckfaced )

This thread just keeps giving
You have issues. I have been playing around with the boats for < 2 weeks. I jokingly say in irc several days ago I was going to sink someone and you hold onto that for this long? Your obsession with me is strange. The fact that I leveled a boat in 4 hours has nothing to do with a bug. Please educate yourself on what a bug is. I build software for a living so I think I know.

I have suggested several changes to the system that would benefit those that don't cheat. I have reported several bugs that otherwise would have left the boats buggy. Get over your anger issues and grow up.

First off I never said I was gonna own anyone, it's a video game. I said it's going to be fun.

Second, after the first series of exploits, we stopped boating for a while and focused on helping getting it fixed and succeeded. My guildies were crashing anytime someone came on screen because they weren't patched and we did what we could to isolate the problem. We went on the test server and walked Adam through our findings. Now we're not on the waters because clearly there are some kinks to be worked out still.

Third, Im not crying about anything, I'm not calling anyone names or getting all butt hurt, I'm just suggesting that staff clarify either side of it so that you can stop bickering about it. I'd rather people not turret to make everything fair but really I don't care. I'd just like it confirmed so that everyone can do it or not do it.

If it's legal and we put 4 guildies on a boat with 3 archers each, it will be a blast and I'd enjoy it just like if there were only 4 guildies on the boats without alts fighting other people without alts.

Your letting what should be a civil debate get to you and beginning to insult and get hostile with anyone who disagrees with your point of view. This, by definition, is Arrogance. Which leaves this subject pointless to debate until staff clarify it.

Khaleesi

Apprentice
Instead of name calling and personal insults, let's wait for the mods/devs to give us an answer that will resolve these questions.

You macro using shits!

halygon

Grandmaster
I just have to say after reading this thread.. wow.

I starting quoting people, but there was just waay too many posts so I will keep it straight and simple.

AFK healing macros, when involving healing other players during PvM or PvP is considered MULT-CLIENTING as you are playing more than one character at a time. This includes auto-healing ships with a character you are not actively playing with.

In regards to afk archers... The auto-attack when attacked mechanic of UO pretty much turns afk archers into turrets. There is not much you can do about this as attacking them is an aggresive act. If they are performing afk actions via macro/script such as changing targets, auto-healing, pretty much being a bot -- then this is crossing the line of mult-clienting also.

Beyond these issues that have been debated over the past 5 pages, several suggestions on how to fix these have been made. We have seen these and will as always consider the issue and make a decision on what the best approach is to resolve it. So thank you for the suggestions and the dev staff will take them into consideration when reviewing these issues.

On a side note, if you do suspect a player of multi-clienting, the best form of action is to record a video of the occurrence as the GMs can only get to tickets in the queue so fast depending on volume. Be assured though that we do take multi-clienting seriously.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
SO there ya have it nothing we are doin is ilegal if u think we are boting or doin anything halygon says record it cos i can assure u we are not.

Duck Face

Grandmaster
SO there ya have it nothing we are doin is ilegal if u think we are boting or doin anything halygon says record it cos i can assure u we are not.
And again, where did I say it was you? I said I've seen people doing it. You slow?

You and lost tried to make this thread about yourselves. Kinda sad.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
I just have to say after reading this thread.. wow.

I starting quoting people, but there was just waay too many posts so I will keep it straight and simple.

AFK healing macros, when involving healing other players during PvM or PvP is considered MULT-CLIENTING as you are playing more than one character at a time. This includes auto-healing ships with a character you are not actively playing with.

In regards to afk archers... The auto-attack when attacked mechanic of UO pretty much turns afk archers into turrets. There is not much you can do about this as attacking them is an aggresive act. If they are performing afk actions via macro/script such as changing targets, auto-healing, pretty much being a bot -- then this is crossing the line of mult-clienting also.

Beyond these issues that have been debated over the past 5 pages, several suggestions on how to fix these have been made. We have seen these and will as always consider the issue and make a decision on what the best approach is to resolve it. So thank you for the suggestions and the dev staff will take them into consideration when reviewing these issues.

On a side note, if you do suspect a player of multi-clienting, the best form of action is to record a video of the occurrence as the GMs can only get to tickets in the queue so fast depending on volume. Be assured though that we do take multi-clienting seriously.

Can we have some staff position on sinking our own boats to cheaply lvl up quickly?

Duck Face

Grandmaster
Still doesn't address the majority of the issues with the new content either.

When the champ spawns start,

We can have 3 clients on a boat and alt/tab between them all?

Can we have 3 characters on a boat, alt/tab attack with each one? If they continue to shoot arrows when you aren't on that client, is it then considered multiclienting/botting?

lost

Grandmaster
Can we have some staff position on sinking our own boats to cheaply lvl up quickly?
Yeah I felt let down he missed duckface admission of exploiting @halygon

I think he stated archers auto turreting is unavoidable, but if you see them healing then it's multiclienting

I didn't think he was a GM though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duck Face

Grandmaster
Yeah I felt let down he missed duckface admission of exploiting @halygon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right because sinking boats is an exploit? You fail numerous times to show the logic in that one. I have talked about the process numerous times in irc while staff was there. They haven't mentioned anything about it to me yet, keep trying tho.

I have also suggested a fix for that, if you get your head out of your ass, maybe you can go back a few posts and reread it and understand before you continue crying.

Status
Not open for further replies.