Post some official rules on script use at sea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradley-

Grandmaster
sorry i wasn't gonna post again cos im starting to worry you may harm yourself irl but i dunno why u link HAR to TRIN is no links ask Skye or any other trin.

@bradley- ive said before i will let adam look at my uosteam profiles by remote user i have no xheal scripts at all.

You don't need a script to make an xheal macro.. A simple razor macro to use a bandage and target an absolute target on a 4 second loop does all you need it to do.

lost

Grandmaster
407dbbc8b4014c1615b47f0758d0ee40.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duck Face

Grandmaster
Incorrect on both accounts. You were misinformed.

However, to get this off of derailment, I still think that there is no way to moderate this if it were to become a rule of "no more using more than 1 account at a time" thing.
Well, I didn't say it would be easy to monitor, but they should still put some rules in place. Or at least say the previous rules of multi client pvp also apply to boa
As I said, I'm not bringing a Provo archer archer fisher to pvp with. I'm doing it for whirlpool. When I go out to sink people I don't bring three, that's more clutter n chance for character to burn. I've been looking to buy 120 fishing all week, I'm not just out to sink people.

I don't care bring your pvm archer.. U don't see me bringing my red faction inscribe archer on boat..

I also think it's hilarious we are crying about being sunk, what's wrong duck face, you exploited your boat to level 10 in one night n now lower level boats are owning you. Why don't we focus on how you got to level 10, that's an unfair advantage sir.

I also didn't see Keith or duckface NOT abusing the boat speed that gave an unclear advantage. It's obvious when they can't compete on same level it's unfair but when they can spam forward n sink their own boat, it's hush hush. I didn't come here to wait around to play with friends, I like to do things on my own time.

Also if you knew either of us, you wouldn't be saying we spend most of our time at sea. I don't rip you for spending most of your time on your tamer.

so much in this post is wrong. Lol. I stated how to get a level 10 boat in 4 hours, been telling people in irc how to do it for days. Can you not gm a skill in 4 hours too? Explain how sinking boats to raise boat level is an exploit. If it is then they need to put some rules in place, thanks for proving my point. I don't care about being sunk, I have said it many times. You pissed I have more shiny pixels than you? Quit being butt hurt.

Duck Face

Grandmaster
As I said, I'm not bringing a Provo archer archer fisher to pvp with. I'm doing it for whirlpool. When I go out to sink people I don't bring three, that's more clutter n chance for character to burn. I've been looking to buy 120 fishing all week, I'm not just out to sink people.

I don't care bring your pvm archer.. U don't see me bringing my red faction inscribe archer on boat..

I also think it's hilarious we are crying about being sunk, what's wrong duck face, you exploited your boat to level 10 in one night n now lower level boats are owning you. Why don't we focus on how you got to level 10, that's an unfair advantage sir.

I also didn't see Keith or duckface NOT abusing the boat speed that gave an unclear advantage. It's obvious when they can't compete on same level it's unfair but when they can spam forward n sink their own boat, it's hush hush. I didn't come here to wait around to play with friends, I like to do things on my own time.

Also if you knew either of us, you wouldn't be saying we spend most of our time at sea. I don't rip you for spending most of your time on your tamer.

407dbbc8b4014c1615b47f0758d0ee40.jpg

oh thanks for saving screen shots of my alt being killed. Lol you know if I'm your biggest threat at sea that's pretty bad. Get some skills bc I suck at boating.

lost

Grandmaster
so much in this post is wrong. Lol. I stated how to get a level 10 boat in 4 hours, been telling people in irc how to do it for days. Can you not gm a skill in 4 hours too? Explain how sinking boats to raise boat level is an exploit. If it is then they need to put some rules in place, thanks for proving my point. I don't care about being sunk, I have said it many times. You pissed I have more shiny pixels than you? Quit being butt hurt.

@Adam @Shane @JoeB

clearly just admitted he exploited his boat to 10 in 4 hours. you dont see that many boats around the world unless you force it. quit crying in this thread you exploiter.

Last edited by a moderator:

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
I want shiny pixels too :(

It is the only thing that matters to me.

On a completely unrelated note, I haven't really been out on the sea since the boating changes. Are there still bugs being worked out or are things pretty solid now?

I think I was a bit butt hurt that I finally bought a galleon (I'm poor in UOF) and literally two days later it got ripped out of my hands (due to the changes).

I was a bit salty about that.

Why don't we just skip the bullshit and get straight to the point? We're supposed to be talking about the rules and how they may apply to multi clienting on a boat?

I looked up the rules and found this

Simultaneously playing MORE THAN ONE SINGLE ACCOUNT at any time is prohibited (Moving on TWO or MORE accounts at any given time). You may be logged into (3) accounts at once, however using both in any sort of mirrored fashion is a bannable offense. (IF CHARACTER x ON ACCOUNT x IS MIRRORING (FOLLOWING, DOING THE SAME AS,) CHARACTER y ON ACCOUNT y)

Now regardless of anyones opinion but the staffs, the rules are the rules and even though I believe the intention behind this rule was to prevent people from using mirrored scripts, the question to me is are characters considered "moving" while on a boat while it's moving?

Yea, I get that it's normal and that people do it. Just because something is normal, doesn't mean that something is allowed. The boating system has changed, the engagements on the water have changed and so clearly it needs to be cleared up.

The squabble is real, but it brings a good subject to surface. Personally I think turreting from a boat in any fashion is lame but thats just an opinion, I just hope the rules get cleared up.

lost

Grandmaster
No these archers are not moving, they are not mirroring anything. You fired on the boat they attacked back. Bring your archers level the playing field already, my gosh. I'm not about to go redo my PVM builds because some guy can't sink one boat. Aren't you supposed to making a FLEET of pirates? where are they.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Why don't we just skip the bullshit and get straight to the point? We're supposed to be talking about the rules and how they may apply to multi clienting on a boat?

I looked up the rules and found this

Now regardless of anyones opinion but the staffs, the rules are the rules and even though I believe the intention behind this rule was to prevent people from using mirrored scripts, the question to me is are characters considered "moving" while on a boat while it's moving?

Yea, I get that it's normal and that people do it. Just because something is normal, doesn't mean that something is allowed. The boating system has changed, the engagements on the water have changed and so clearly it needs to be cleared up.

The squabble is real, but it brings a good subject to surface. Personally I think turreting from a boat in any fashion is lame but thats just an opinion, I just hope the rules get cleared up.

noone is using them in a mirror fashion or moving on 2 accts at the same time wtf? he alt tabs between them that is not ilegal the only time he attack's with all accts is when u trigger his pets to attack by attacking his ship.........

no one is using any type of script to heal/attack or even fish automatically and id challenge you to prove otherwise report it in game see what staff tell you.

I dont see how that rule u linked is relevant in anyway. that is to counter people having attack closest red/blue/grey on 2nd accts or a toon set up to cast auto heals? it in no way mentions alt tabbing between diff acct to PVM?

bradley-

Grandmaster
Thats the problem @Malkraven... When the ship is attacked and flagged, all 3 clients flag in PvP. There is no way to control 3 clients at the same time which means you are now PvPing on 3 separate clients at the same time.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Thats the problem @Malkraven... When the ship is flagged, all 3 clients flag in PvP. There is no way to control 3 clients at the same time which means you are now PvPing on 3 separate clients at the same time.
but not by the fault of any player the char are there to pvm and hence no breach in the rules.

bradley-

Grandmaster
I understand it may not be your fault. It is a totally unintentional thing that happens. But it IS a problem and also against the rules to multiclient PvP.

Duck Face

Grandmaster
Yall need to calm down a bit. Har, you all have some serious anger issues. We are suggesting staff apply new rules to the new content. Why are you all mad? It is easy to script an auto attack macro and I've seen it being used. I'll release some scripts this weekend and hopefully everyone will use them til rules are put in place. That's it.

Bunnky

Grandmaster
Sinking an alts boat can and IS considered afk resource gathering.

You cannot compare that to macroing a characters skills. Totally different reasoning behind both.

Jani

Grandmaster
I've seen pvm multiclienting, rda multiclienting, idoc multiclienting... Which all leads to pvp often. I don't see why boats should be any different. As girana said, requires too much work and would be very hard to monitor.

Duck Face

Grandmaster
Pl
Sinking an alts boat can and IS considered afk resource gathering.

You cannot compare that to macroing a characters skills. Totally different reasoning behind both.
explain. How is this afk? I was doing it manually the entire time. Ask eppy and Adam I was in irc giving them feedback about the bugs.

lost

Grandmaster
<@eppy_work> thats kinda like complaining when you attack an afk macroer with a bow on
<@eppy_work> and he shoots you

/thread

Status
Not open for further replies.