remove pet perma skill loss

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
Show me where in that quote I stated you used a bug? K thanks for playing tard. Come again.

Oh ok, I think I see what you're saying. You're pointing out that the defense talisman could be macro'ed over night rather than to say that it could be finished over night. I see the distinction.

Cack

Grandmaster
So the only reason ppl support pet skill loss is gold, relics, etc that they can farm yet....there are easier(proven) ways to obtain them like duck face's meta mage or eqms raidings....
This is actually facinating....
Eqms/power/whoever else regulary raid and "steal" champs, rdas, events etc.but some if not the majority, if not all support pet skills loss when those same pets do work for them in a way. Why?

bane

Master
Ignorance at its finest.
1. You don't have a meta pet
2. You don't have a meta mage

How can you make these claims w/ no experience in either?

Versatile is in the definition of the meta mage, I can kill pretty much any mob w/ that character. I can out score any meta pet with that character in a champ/invasion. I can also pvp a lot easier w/ the meta mage. I would say in a steady farming rhythm I can pull around 100k an hour w/ the meta pets while I can pull more than 2 x that w/ the Meta Mage. I only require one slayer book to do this, of which I invested 12 mil, which is less than the price of the power scrolls required to own a level 7 meta pet.
Ok so how many of those slayer spellbooks are on the server? Oh you mean everyone can't have one because there only a few on the server. But, meta pets are pretty accessible. Only 800k for the egg if you do it the hard way and don't need 120 taming until later levels. Even without relics it is better than a dragon before level 7. Meta Mages and Meta Pets aren't some big secret. In fact because I don't have a meta pet makes me much less biased on this topic. I do have a tamer though and will have a meta pet in due time.

Just because meta pets are expensive doesn't mean they should have no downsides. I mean you are crying about a 50k penalty for a pet that can rake in 100k an hour. I would hope your Level 7 meta pet isn't dying twice an hour (or even more than once a day). If it is dying that much though I can give you some pointers. My regular dragon averages a death every few days.

bane

Master
Oh ok, I think I see what you're saying. You're pointing out that the defense talisman could be macro'ed over night rather than to say that it could be finished over night. I see the distinction.
None of my business but the quote you put in your previous post was pretty explicitly claiming you abused the bug. At least that is how I read it

Duck Face

Grandmaster
Ok so how many of those slayer spellbooks are on the server? Oh you mean everyone can't have one because there only a few on the server. But, meta pets are pretty accessible. Only 800k for the egg if you do it the hard way and don't need 120 taming until later levels. Even without relics it is better than a dragon before level 7. Meta Mages and Meta Pets aren't some big secret. In fact because I don't have a meta pet makes me much less biased on this topic. I do have a tamer though and will have a meta pet in due time.

Just because meta pets are expensive doesn't mean they should have no downsides. I mean you are crying about a 50k penalty for a pet that can rake in 100k an hour. I would hope your Level 7 meta pet isn't dying twice an hour (or even more than once a day). If it is dying that much though I can give you some pointers. My regular dragon averages a death every few days.

It makes you unqualified to make claims like you have been. You know nothing about the process. You know how many times my level 7 has died? ZERO. Again you make claims w/ no knowledge. I am speaking for the many not just myself. Halygon speaks of balance where there is clearly an unbalance here, applying stat loss to one play style while not applying it to another.

And btw, my level 5 beserker can drop daemons just as fast as my meta mage, requiring nothing that any player can't obtain easily.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Before but I played with the same skill loss (-1.0 for all skills) on uoforever for years, and there skill gains are slower than here.. Actually impossibly slow. How UOF is right now is a cakewalk compared to that - pet training wise.

No disrespect... but I can't stand it when people compare UOF to uoforever. I came here to UOF because it was supposed to be the closest thing to OSI's UO from the time period I played. If I wanted Hybird rules I'd go there :p

bane

Master
I guess you are as stupid as you appear then.
Hmm.... Lets go back in time a bit.

And to point out the obvious fact you are ignoring: Tard and several others macroed up the exp on their talisman / relics over night. Not something you can do w/ a pet.
Lets break down this sentence. "Tard and several others" would be the subject, "macroed up the exp on their talisman / relics over night" would be the action that are attributing to the subject. Granted you were just talking about abusing a bug to level a talisman and relic within a day. So in that context both Tard and I read the same accusation. A better way to write this if you were instead trying to state the obvious rather than accuse Tard would be: "As you know good chap you can afk macro your relics and you used to be able to macro experience as well.". Just saying....

Last edited by a moderator:

Duck Face

Grandmaster
Hmm.... Lets go back in time a bit.

Lets break down this sentence. "Tard and several others" would be the subject, "macroed up the exp on their talisman / relics over night" would be the action that are attributing to the subject. Granted you were just talking about abusing a bug to level a talisman and relic with a day. So in that context both Tard and I read the same accusation. A better to write this if you were instead trying to state the obvious rather than accuse Tard would be: "As you know good chap you can afk macro your relics and you used to be able to macro experience as well.". Just saying....

So you think you can paste together 2 different posts and claim I said something I didn't. Again, you sir are stupid.

Maybe you should be named Tard. He clearly understands I didn't say anything about a bug in that post.

bane

Master
So you think you can paste together 2 different posts and claim I said something I didn't. Again, you sir are stupid.

Maybe you should be named Tard. He clearly understands I didn't say anything about a bug in that post.
We were having a conversation. Usually in a conversation you take statements within the context of the overall conversation. Its cool though I am done with you for the day.

halygon

Grandmaster
You're talking about standard pets. Meta pets do not regain their losses. They are handicap until you put in that 2 mil exp for the reset. Lets apply -1 perma stat to reds when they die since it is hardly a handicap. I'm sure the reds will agree.
Sounds like you agree with me when referring to non-meta pets. Good, moving on...

Yes metas cannot train skills beyond a certain point (or in the case of poisoning, not at all - even though it's aesthetic).

In regards to metas though I have two points to make:

1) Instead of asking for no skill loss, maybe the better route is to suggest ways to be implemented to train pet skills that you currently cannot.

2) So you can grind for some time (you say 30hrs or so) and reset your meta pet skills. If you were actually able to train these skills manually, it would take you much longer than a day and half to max out those skills. The resetting ability is a time saver in fact. Also, it means your mets can die numerous times and still reset back to max - pretty sweet. If you need instant gratification though, skill scrolls are always there.

A pet that never gains must have the slowest gain rate, right? (Meta Pets)
Not if they have more than one way to raise that skill beyond training - metas have two ways.

No disrespect... but I can't stand it when people compare UOF to uoforever. I came here to UOF because it was supposed to be the closest thing to OSI's UO from the time period I played. If I wanted Hybird rules I'd go there :p
No disrespect... But you must look at other standards out there to have perspective on current situations. I only have experience on OSI and uoforever, so I pull from those standards. I fully agree that UOF is not uoforever and should never try to be uoforever, but there is a lot of good mechanics on that shard that we can learn from - good and bad. UOF is also not OSI, so while we utilize many of the pre aos mechanics, we also change and improve upon them in ways we think OSI should have progressed - this means some things will be different and maybe similar to other tried and true mechanics on other free shards.

Some One

Master
Blah!
What a thread.
Tamers get no love here.
Before Metas pet stat loss was lame, it still is.
( you can never get enough SS) resist /poison
OP?
No.
Outcast and left in the cold .
Yes.

Lexington

Grandmaster
@Staff... If you're going to leave this in and ignore the huge griefing problem it created... can we finally implement the short and long term murder count system so we can at least have one correct perma statloss system :)

My last words.............

halygon

Grandmaster
@Staff... If you're going to leave this in and ignore the huge griefing problem it created... can we finally implement the short and long term murder count system so we can at least have one correct perma statloss system :)

My last words.............
The dev staff is already working on addressing the PK system issues. Keep in mind that it affects many people and we need to make sure it is fair for everyone and stays in alignment with the goals of UOF - these are not decisions made lightly.

Cack

Grandmaster
Just be careful playing with fire...you dont burn the whole shard down please.
Pks have feelings too.

bane

Master
Traditional short and long tem count.... one time reprieve for factions murders... murders no longer allowed to fight in factions = problem solved.
Or just give murder counts for killing blue pets. I have only had my pets killed by reds a handful of times since sticking around is extra risk for them. Blue griefers on the other hand...