Remove this ridiculous new mob AI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyways, you should run a red into a dungeon and then try saying it isnt a ******** change.

I dont even PK in dungeons and I know how stupid this is.

That doesn't make sense... you tell me its stupid and I should try it but you didn't even try it yourself? Uh

Bongzilla

Master
@Engelschmitt i wasnt trying to derail just chipping in ideas. I think with defense dexxer talis it works in their favor. I solo pk most of the time when i do roll out the door I make sure to stay away from solo death traps like destard or hythloth. I keep it to the common ground not suicide. if your rolling in a group cool learn to x heal. as far as other dungeons other than what i just said this change really hasnt affected me to a point where i'm like "omg this is so stupid". Just my opinion.

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
I understand this argument, say against EQMS, but what about those solo reds who you (and everyone else on the server) gank the shit out of upon sight?

It is literally a miracle if a 1v1, stays a 1v1 in this age of fragile ego's, faggotry and fear of death in 2017.

With all the call-in's, automated 1 button delayed drops, advanced clients and gimped templates, does getting stunned/eb'd closest in front of 2-10+ pussies really justify being statlossed?

This agro thing is beyond ********, but the statloss system just favours and encourages zergs as it stands.

Blues who already can't defend themselves versus 1 pk (and have a cry baby mentality) really should have no input when it comes to murderer changes @Silly Santa.

TBH a fix for the "pk problem" would be to remove target macros. EQMS would probably have trouble targeting mongbats and it gives blues further time to hit that recall button before they're zapped with 10 homing missles aka 1 button target closest ebolts.

lol nice logic.

girana

Grandmaster
Personally I would rather try 10 things to find one fun thing than sit here and try nothing because that's the way we have always done things. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm willing to try being wrong. :)

why its so hard to test this kind of gamebreaking stuff on test server ?

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
If you want to fix the PK problem make it so that factioners are able to be statted anywhere in the dungeon. Currently if you die to a factioner inside most champ zones/certain areas you are unable to be statted.

Also should make it so that the head instantly goes into the backpack of whoever deals the killing blow.

Never liked the head instantly going into the backpack feature. Should have to work to get a players head. I love it when we get a few players down and get overrun and still are able to get all our guys heads back.

jeffe

Master
I did test it and they attacked all reds. Worked great.

Technically, yes. However, it is way too exploitable for every monster to have this AI.

If the idea behind this is too fight easy champ raiding, perhaps just assigning this AI to monsters from champ spawns might strike a more appropriate balance?

girana

Grandmaster
I did test it and they attacked all reds. Worked great.

if its worked so great why its got removed ? why i find so many bugs in 1 minute ? :p.

Technically, yes. However, it is way too exploitable for every monster to have this AI.

If the idea behind this is too fight easy champ raiding, perhaps just assigning this AI to monsters from champ spawns might strike a more appropriate balance?

champ mobs were the biggest problem on this server you get some kind of trammel for just paying 200k no need for more trammel.

Some little balancing maybe needed (no tali for factionchars, no factionblessed weapons vs blue, no healwands vs blue) but not huge stuff like all mobs instand on reds.

People have been zerging champs for ages now. That the mobs give the blues ,who already don't have a template to fight back and face 15 reds at once, some help is an excellent idea in my opinion. This doesn't suck for reds, it just makes the battlefield even. That is of course if you actually like to pvp and not just steamroll people. Guess this just shows who's really a pvper and who just likes to steamroll helpless victims.

I quote Lord Gluttony:
"If you can't make it work then all you need to do is team up and organize. If large amount of X are your problem then just group up. This is how the game works, everyone who just cries for changes is a crybaby that is too lazy to do anything about it."

You demanded blues to do this for a long time. Now let's see if you can do what you preach yourself and overcome this hurdle. Of course the answer to this problem will be that EQMS will take the shard hostage again and force staff to comply to their way but let's wait and see, shall we?

Last edited by a moderator:

girana

Grandmaster
People have been zerging champs for ages now. That the mobs give the blues who already don't have a template to fight back and face 15 reds at once now get help from the mobs is an excellent idea in my opinion. This doesn't suck for reds, it just makes the battlefield even. That is of course if you actually like to pvp and not just steamroll people. Guess this just shows who's really a pvper and who just likes to steamroll helpless victims.

I quote Lord Gluttony:
"If you can't make it work then all you need to do is team up and organize. If large amount of X are your problem then just group up. This is how the game works, everyone who just cries for changes is a crybaby that is too lazy to do anything about it."

You demanded blues to do this for a long time. Now let's see if you can do what you preach yourself and overcome this hurdle. Of course the answer to this problem will be that EQMS will take the shard hostage again and force staff to comply to their way but let's wait and see, shall we?

this change had none impact on groups that raid with ~10 reds and ~10 blue tamers.

and its good it go removed.

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
People have been zerging champs for ages now. That the mobs give the blues who already don't have a template to fight back and face 15 reds at once now get help from the mobs is an excellent idea in my opinion. This doesn't suck for reds, it just makes the battlefield even. That is of course if you actually like to pvp and not just steamroll people. Guess this just shows who's really a pvper and who just likes to steamroll helpless victims.

I quote Lord Gluttony:

It makes no sense that monsters that are getting attacked by a player would suddenly team up with that same attacker to combat a red that ran onto the screen and did not agro them.

No obviously it makes more sense that people who work champs for an hour get steamrolled by some reds who show up last minute. The only sensible way this shard can work is that reds get everything. Only if the fight is extremely unfair the world makes sense.

Red trammel.

eppy

Grandmaster
I do find it slightly pathetic that you think it's fine for some poor swordsman to be aggroed by a mob and run up and gank him. But then when the mob aggros a red it isn't fair suddenly.

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
I do find it slightly pathetic that you think it's fine for some poor swordsman to be aggroed by a mob and run up and gank him. But then when the mob aggros a red it isn't fair suddenly.

I'm not attacking the mob. I'm trying to rescue it from evil oomies that just want to kill and loot it. PETA is a huge fan of the orcs !

halv

Grandmaster
An awesome change. Finally a higher chance to stay alive for us harmless pvmer with low ping and old computers. :p

K A Z

Grandmaster
No obviously it makes more sense that people who work champs for an hour get steamrolled by some reds who show up last minute. The only sensible way this shard can work is that reds get everything. Only if the fight is extremely unfair the world makes sense.

Red trammel.

QQ noob.

Who says that? It's okay that mobs target reds, too. I've died a hundred times to a paragon poison elemental and other dumb shit. But they should attack blues just as much. So that the better player wins at the end (if he knows how to use mobs to his advantage). This also opens up for 1vX fights in Dungeons.

Status
Not open for further replies.