Losing Meta Pet with all relics after 12h

Lexington

Grandmaster
we did page to gms many times on people leaving fresh tamed ww (bonded) killing silver serpents to farm silver afk (faction) and they didn't do anything. Just think what could you farm with a spider...

everyone would abuse that HARD, ie: I could take my 6 tamers pet all at once in a spawn to finish it alone.

Be a lot of work for staff to police it... that's why it needs to be coded. If a pet does not see it owner in x mins it stables its self.

Dulcinea

Grandmaster
Be a lot of work for staff to police it... that's why it needs to be coded. If a pet does not see it owner in x mins it stables its self.

The auto stable was in OSI. Your pet would go wild if stagnant for X amount of time, but if you logged out and back in, your pets would come back to you. If you logged out for a while, your pets were auto stabled.

However, I get why this isn't in existence here... If it would exist, then there wouldn't be the purchases of pet ball of summonings as much as there has been.

StegcO

Grandmaster
Actually is a good system, people simply need to stop to afk in house for 3 days with meta near them.

Lexington

Grandmaster
The auto stable was in OSI. Your pet would go wild if stagnant for X amount of time, but if you logged out and back in, your pets would come back to you. If you logged out for a while, your pets were auto stabled.

However, I get why this isn't in existence here... If it would exist, then there wouldn't be the purchases of pet ball of summonings as much as there has been.

This comment was in the relation to the 10,000 dono item making the pet never go wild instead of a 12 hour extension.

De Medici

Grandmaster
The reason why they do it is they want to keep pet trapping alive. Forget the whole crap about abusing... you could easily auto stable. Eppy more or less confirmed btw its cause of pet trapping. He dont care about pet trapping but he does not make the decisions alone (shane). And in the moment somebody lures the pet, they wont stable it anylonger for you if you pm a gm. Thats what he told me. So if your computer breaks or connection doesnt work and after 10 mins anybody starts to lure, you are fucked.

Last edited:

Lexington

Grandmaster
The reason why they do it is they want to keep pet trapping alive. Forget the whole crap about abusing... you could easily auto stable. Eppy more or less confirmed btw its cause of pet trapping. He dont care about pet trapping but he does not make the decisions alone (shane). And in the moment somebody lures the pet, they wont stable it anylonger for you if you pm a gm. Thats what he told me. So if your computer breaks or connection doesnt work and after 10 mins anybody starts to lure, you are fucked.

Why would the owner support the worst possible griefing... especially if its costing him players?

De Medici

Grandmaster
Thats a very good question, my friend.

Shane wants to have that kind of griefing because it makes the game more hardcore and felluca like. A friend told me he asked Shane a very long time ago if he can restore his meta pet after it was lured and stuff. Shane answered: If I would do that I could also make this a trammel shard. Little fun fact: since that day this guy is not donating anymore to the server. He told me that shanes answer was worse for him than losing his pet.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Thats a very good question, my friend.

Shane wants to have that kind of griefing because it makes the game more hardcore and felluca like. A friend told me he asked Shane a very long time ago if he can restore his meta pet after it was lured and stuff. Shane answered: If I would do that I could also make this a trammel shard. Little fun fact: since that day this guy is not donating anymore to the server. He told me that shanes answer was worse for him than losing his pet.

I'd feel the same way except, some metas have 10,000 to 15,000k dono dyes added to them. You're not allowed to grief or scam dono items... so this make those metas a huge grey for me.

De Medici

Grandmaster
If you loose a meta with dono hue you wont get the dono hue back and you can also lure pets with dono hues. I lost a meta with dono hue.

Lexington

Grandmaster
If you loose a meta with dono hue you wont get the dono hue back and you can also lure pets with dono hues. I lost a meta with dono hue.

Yeah I don't agree with that. If I was making the decisions and allowed pet luring I wouldn't have meta dono hues . Not my call tho.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
I had a discussion with eppy about this topic. He told me that many players quitted the game because they lost their metas after they logged out/ crashed without stableling the meta after 12h. I also know many people who lost their meta pets.

Can anybody explain me why people dont get relics and hues refunded if their internet connection crashes or there is an emmergeny in rl or for what ever reason they logged out without stabling? A pet can only collapse to an egg after it is lured to a house. But it is so easy to lure it from the town or where ever to a house.

Some person finds an egg, ok but this person doesnt get the relics, nor the dye. Is this a self-destructive way to get player quitting because shane unconsciously does not want to do this any longer? Who benefits from making player loosing their relics? I dont get it

Not sure when OP asked Eppy that but i'm betting it was awhile ago. Right now as it stands if you crash, we get dos'd anything like that or server goes down- your pets get stabled. The only way to currently LOSE a meta pet is if it gets lured into a house, otherwise it will not go wild, or get released. We've done absolutely everything with-in reason to protect people from losing their pets. The rest is up to them.

De Medici

Grandmaster
The OP says when people log out or crash and the pets are not stabled they can lose them (and many seem to lose them). I talked yesterday with eppy.

I dont want to be disrespectful, but I think this thread shows that many people have a different opinion than you shane. Everybody knows a bunch of people who lost their pets. As long as you can lose your pet when you forget to stable, there will be many people who lose their pets. You might think they are stupid and maybe you are right, but thats how it is.

What do you mean by its up to them? Sounds like they decide to lose their pets.

Last edited:

batman

Grandmaster
not near as important but i have lost tons of beetles by logging off on top of my beetle
in the inn or my house and somehow came back and it was gone...not in stables not
under me or beside me...just gone!!!!

Bromista

Grandmaster
If your meta turns to an egg it does retain the the if dyed with dono.

Source: my poor meta steed in the early days

steve-o

Grandmaster
The OP says when people log out or crash and the pets are not stabled they can lose them (and many seem to lose them). I talked yesterday with eppy.

I dont want to be disrespectful, but I think this thread shows that many people have a different opinion than you shane. Everybody knows a bunch of people who lost their pets. As long as you can lose your pet when you forget to stable, there will be many people who lose their pets. You might think they are stupid and maybe you are right, but thats how it is.

What do you mean by its up to them? Sounds like they decide to lose their pets.
as shane said ATM we have trammel activated (it took long time to get to this point), the only way you loose a metapet is if it get lured in house, and it's impossible to lure out of house (unless you are stupid to have teleporters set to anyone), to lure out of dungeons, to lure if dead next to the owner, ...

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
This is false.
as shane said ATM we have trammel activated (it took long time to get to this point), the only way you loose a metapet is if it get lured in house, and it's impossible to lure out of house (unless you are stupid to have teleporters set to anyone), to lure out of dungeons, to lure if dead next to the owner, ...

This is correct.
It has been for almost a year now actually. You can only lose your met pet if it is in someones house. This is in the patch notes. Believe it or not a lot of people either get drunk, disband or fall asleep on their meta pets. 9/10 times when someone loses a meta it is due to their own actions. It has caused us to slowly implement safety levels upon levels until it basically became trammel/no loss. Your pet will not go wild unless it is in a house.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Fun fact: it is entirely possible to use a meta pet without a pet ball and never be in any danger of losing it. If your pet is never "out doors" it cannot be stolen even if your computer crash you fall asleep or anything. A smart meta owner easily has enough systems in place to ensure their pet safety at this point.

girana

Grandmaster
This is false.

This is correct.
It has been for almost a year now actually. You can only lose your met pet if it is in someones house. This is in the patch notes. Believe it or not a lot of people either get drunk, disband or fall asleep on their meta pets. 9/10 times when someone loses a meta it is due to their own actions. It has caused us to slowly implement safety levels upon levels until it basically became trammel/no loss. Your pet will not go wild unless it is in a house.

little correction

unless its in a house the pet owner NOT own OR NOT friend OR NOT coowner.