Stop The Running!

K A Z

Grandmaster
Wands shud be not interuptable but freeze you for the same amount of time itd take to actually cast the spell. Would be so good for dexxers and 1vs2 situations.

Greed

Master
I am okay with mount stamina. Wands and bolas and bola tamers are pretty lame but if the shard's devs implement them I'm sure it'll be fine as we will all simply adjust to using those new tools of combat. But that being said, I'm not a big fan of either wands or bolas although bolas are less painful if I was forced to pick one of the two.

halygon

Grandmaster
See the problems with wands is that like exp pots , it is a free source of damage for the user. No mana is used, anyone can use em, and unless what KAZ suggested is implemented, can be used on the run.

I guess at least wands can be reflected unlike pots, but they will only add to a one dump kill.. Ie..

Exp+pot+EB+wand

Yea but if you put like a 5-10 seconds reuse timer, they can help with catching some one who decides to take off with 10-15 hp left. It's all about adding tools to finish a fight without having to be an alchy.

limlight

Grandmaster
If i see a bola tamer..im dropping my castle with everything in it and giving the bird to the uof world. Lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

K A Z

Grandmaster
See the problems with wands is that like exp pots , it is a free source of damage for the user. No mana is used, anyone can use em, and unless what KAZ suggested is implemented, can be used on the run.

I guess at least wands can be reflected unlike pots, but they will only add to a one dump kill.. Ie..

Exp+pot+EB+wand

Wands usually have charges. Explosion Potions are created from Sulf Ash. So using an Alchy char actually drains gold from the economy since you have to buy those reagents in order to fill kegs. I don't quite see how that combo is diffrent from exp+pot+eb+lightning spell aswell. Many people nowadays seem to hate on alot of UO stuff since that other Shard died off it.

Dellan

Grandmaster
Not that I would mind stealing wands, it was main source of income on uoforever.. but eh, anytime wand gets mentioned, it reminds me of that shard. And when bola tamers get mentioned... No way never not in god's name please not here. It won't be that just somebody will play them. Everyone will. I seen it there, once someone came up with this combination, 3/4 of shard shifted to totally OP bola tamers. No way.

Kraden

Grandmaster
Lol why are people so scared of bola tamers. You know how easy you could just gank them for being scrub. Or even better yeah make a peacer pvp template and laugh at em. Instead people cryed and made staff change a mechanic to their liking lol. Nothing new

kurtis

Grandmaster
I've said it before and I'll say it again (and again and again until it's fixed), adding some kind of mount fatigue should be a #1 priority for this server right now. Anything, please. Let's just try it. It can always be changed back or adjusted.

To the OP, I will say that I'm a little concerned that mount fatigue will actually make alchemy (as it is now) even more powerful and necessary. So, let's take the usual scenario of one person running from another. Both run out of mount stam, and now they are trotting. That makes explo pots even easier to time and hit and more difficult to avoid, making them even more powerful. And if the person being chased was in trouble, they are certain to die now. But I would still take this over the way it is now.

limlight

Grandmaster
Haha ^^ I know. Bola tamers are a piece of cake to get away from/kill.

Spoken by no one that knows pvp...ever.

On this shard even top pvp people can die in 2 secs to a tamer and thats on mount.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kraden

Grandmaster
Spoken by no one that knows pvp...ever.

Spoken by someone who still has nightmares or red tamers lol. It still beats running for hours and seeing whos bandaid macro beats whos explo pot macro lol

limlight

Grandmaster
No just no. The only way id be ok with bolas is if the person throwing it died instantly and that ip address got locked out for 5 mins. Yeah bolas are that gay.

Kraden

Grandmaster
No just no. The only way id be ok with bolas is if the person throwing it died instantly and that ip address got locked out for 5 mins. Yeah bolas are that gay.

Lmfao actually bolas were amazing for runners who like to house hide or run around. I remember te days of taking ganks like nothing 2v4 cause youd bola someone off their mount and kill it then theyd panic and drop like crap insted of have any decent co op field skills. All im saying is the running here is old news and pvp is a joke compared to old days although ill still do it and love it either way. Justsaying kids who cry about bola tamers are sad lol

limlight

Grandmaster
Alright ill compromise...bolas are allowed in pvp areas like bucs den. Thats it

N49ATV

Adept
I never really hated bola Tamers. Force them to be on foot. Put a 10 sec cool down timer after use, before a skill can be used. Only down side is if pets snap to you and bite/fireball for big damage. That's when it sucked. But I guess that's RNG for you.

Stam mount. Can feed your mount a refresh grass (dropped by mob), but have to dismount, and has a 5s timer to "eat". Ethy is targeted in pack. Sucks if you need to run somewhere and gotta walk or wait for mount to regen.