Stop The Running!

Kraden

Grandmaster
Lol there is no compromise because i doubt tey would ever bring em back. I say no mounts in combat lol. Anyway yeah too many people are opposed to bolas although they can be implemented better. For instance cool down timer. Casting timer for using it. Characters with taming cant use em. Etc i mean tere is different ways of doing things instead of leaning all the way to oneside like the house of representatives

N49ATV

Adept
Yes, twirl/cast timer, reveals you, warning message, cool down between using another, or any other skill (don't want to have stealther a throwing them around and hiding

Spoken by no one that knows pvp...ever.

On this shard even top pvp people can die in 2 secs to a tamer and thats on mount.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Rofl, if you die in 2 seconds to a tamer, you have no idea what you're doing. However, I don't want to turn this into a flame thread... My only point is that tamers are fairly easy kills. Easy to escape with teleporting as well, gotta use terrain and the world to your advantage.

limlight

Grandmaster
Rofl, if you die in 2 seconds to a tamer, you have no idea what you're doing. However, I don't want to turn this into a flame thread... My only point is that tamers are fairly easy kills. Easy to escape with teleporting as well, gotta use terrain and the world to your advantage.

Ive seen the flat out best pvpers on this shard die to a tamer quickly...and i mean quick. One all guard me with two fire breaths and a chomp. Boom dead.

Your talking out your ass if you dont realize giving tamers a bola would be insane.

Kraden

Grandmaster
Ive seen the flat out best pvpers on this shard die to a tamer quickly...and i mean quick. One all guard me with two fire breaths and a chomp. Boom dead.

Your talking out your ass if you dont realize giving tamers a bola would be insane.

You do realize that bola balls dont do damage lol. Tamers being able to one shot you with two fire breates is dumb yes but dont take it out on the bolas.

Kraden

Grandmaster
Yeah thats the problem lol. Turns "pvp" into run and spam explo pots lol. Ill say it a hundred times. Id rather get one shotted by a scrub tamer, which would neverhappen cause you can out run petz easy on foot. I do it on theif with 0 resist all the time, than chase someone for an hour lol

Escaping tamers on foot is not very difficult. If pets can barely keep up with their owner running at full speed on foot -- how are they going to keep up with someone else on foot?

HellFire

Apprentice
The constant running in PvP (followed by the purple pot spam) is my main complaint with this server. I'd love to see the devs make it so you have to dismount to attack another player! I'm sure this won't happen though so I'll settle for mount stamina and bolas. No wands please.

N49ATV

Adept
Bolas will make a gank worse though. Having a Zerg roll in is bad enough, getting dismounted you have 0% chance to survive. Atleast if you can run 10 screens you can stand a chance to survive.

Ultimecia

Neophyte
Like I said earlier in this thread put in stamina loss to solve the running forever issue and then nerf explo pot damage a little or increase the reuse timer. This makes other templates more viable and prevents alchy from being overpowered with stamina loss.

AT THE VERY LEAST ADD STAMINA LOSS! Running forever is just dumb.. period.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
Angel Island had bolas, but it was a mountless server. They used it to stun pets for a short time so they couldn't move. That'd be neat, especially with this mountless T2A we've got coming up.

Kraden

Grandmaster
I dont believe your escaping tamers with mares and dragons.on foot. Lol

Then how come i did it erlier in the day against a ww drag on foot lol It really aint hard. Easy than running for hours i say
Bolas will make a gank worse though. Having a Zerg roll in is bad enough, getting dismounted you have 0% chance to survive. Atleast if you can run 10 screens you can stand a chance to survive.
also you do realize that to use bolas you cant be mounted.

halygon

Grandmaster
Not sure why there is even talk of bolas. Since a huge source of shard cash comes from dono coins for ethys, it would be stupid to implement bolas that knocked you off your mount or forced you to dismount to use them.

Now that said, the devs would have to get really creative to figure out how to use bolas within those parameters. Overall, it's just not gonna happen, so leave the dead horse alone.

Cerebellum

Grandmaster
If i see a bola tamer..im dropping my castle with everything in it and giving the bird to the uof world. Lol

You won't see them, but that's a shitty attitude to have. Next time try providing some constructive criticism. We'll get no where with "my way or the highway" nonsense.