lets talk tamerz

FAMARA

Grandmaster
so I PKed some on my 5x lore/taming PK just then and realised once again how freaking ridiculous tamers and all guard me in particular is on UOF. The fact that it's an instant attack and the fact that by saying it a few times your mare will actually CHANGE TARGETS (more disrupts etc.) is just beyond ********, and it's definitely something devs should look at. If someone wud have PKed me the way I PKed noobs today when I first started on UOF, I would have logged out immediately.

My solution:

change all guard me to how it should be (can only use as defensive tool, not as attacking command; short 0,5-1 sec cooldown before pets actually attack; aggro should break when player hides; all kill as sole attacking command).

thankz.

edit:

things this thread is not about:

-re-adding the remount timer for mares (helps nobody / problem would still be there with teleporting dragons)
- pet statloss
- my mum

kaz one serious issue i must argue.

tamers need all guard me as a kill command for pvm. because on this shard pets do not listen well to commands. without all guard most would not be able to use their pets for pvm. im sure there is another solution , or loophole around this so that it will continue to work for pvm.

im not going to lie and argue that you shouldnt be able to just run up on someone dismount insta doublefirebreath flamestrike death combo.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Are the tamers in question in factions? If so don't allow tamers to join. Taming and PVP is lame. A tamer being able to defend themselves against PKs... absolutely!

Last edited by a moderator:

rubixkubix

Journeyman
How many more years of this we have to wait till this Shit gets fixed?

1671681-bigthumbnail.jpg

Kilike

Grandmaster

tamers need all guard me as a kill command for pvm. because on this shard pets do not listen well to commands. without all guard most would not be able to use their pets for pvm. im sure there is another solution , or loophole around this so that it will continue to work for pvm.

im not going to lie and argue that you shouldnt be able to just run up on someone dismount insta doublefirebreath flamestrike death combo.

I agree with this actually... and as stated in my suggestion thread. ( http://www.uoforum.com/threads/mega-suggestion-thread.62023/#post-431432 ) I think Tamers at 120 SHOULD be able to control their pets. Staff said in IRC or a forum post I forget: That they made it so pets don't listen well to curb them from being too strong in PvP. Well It's not working. Give them control and find another solution.

Are the tamers in question in factions? If so don't allow tamers to join. Taming and PVP is lame. A tamer being able to defend themselves against PKs... absolutely!

I agree Tamers and PVP are lame. Has always been lame. Though! To be honest; tamers on this server are encouraged to join factions ie: bonus control, and bonus xp for meta.

Kael

Master
Every shard I have played on has complained about tamers in pvp. Factions died on a couple of the EA shards because of greater dragons infesting fights. There should be some sort of balance between the tamer pvming and defending himself and the naked pvp tamers in fights.

K A Z

Grandmaster
While @Pandone makes a strong statement on how items and wealth became a huge factor on UOF in the last year or so, I'm not going to further reply to him as he's not only biased but also is also not getting where I'm trying to go with this suggestion.

I'm really glad that @FAMARA came out and agreed (someone who has been playing a successful tamer on this Shard since Forever)

Obviously they would have to fix pet commands. What I want is a general overhaul of how pets and their commands work on this Shard as it has been fucked up since day one. All Kill doesn't work really, all guard me is super custom and glitchy. It's just a general imbalance with the game mechanics, and that's a shame 2 1/2 years into the Shard.

Pandone

Grandmaster
While @Pandone makes a strong statement on how items and wealth became a huge factor on UOF in the last year or so, I'm not going to further reply to him as he's not only biased but also is also not getting where I'm trying to go with this suggestion.

I'm really glad that @FAMARA came out and agreed (someone who has been playing a successful tamer on this Shard since Forever)

Obviously they would have to fix pet commands. What I want is a general overhaul of how pets and their commands work on this Shard as it has been fucked up since day one. All Kill doesn't work really, all guard me is super custom and glitchy. It's just a general imbalance with the game mechanics, and that's a shame 2 1/2 years into the Shard.
factors are wealth and groups. with a milz investment someone can fill the gap with alchy stunners paying huge also if his pet die. i don't think you have died at pets more than tamers died at you. lot of ppl can still get a tamer 1v1 if they knows how and you surely know. imho less pvm recallers=more fun. someday ago Akeru trashed my tamer beacause i stay fight and didn t know you can have stun+taming that is waaaay more lamer and cheap than pvp tamers BC style.

God.RG

Grandmaster
you got skill tamer got 40mil investment + fs scroll and all guard to sudden kill you 1v1. it's all about groups and $ from the start of the shard. next qq will be about maxxed meta dexxer and always from explopots stunner users that seems actives because spend more time on the forums
can you repeat that..?

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster

If you have resist+wep skill your pets' speed is cut in half.
Only templates designed for pet pvp will be influenced.

Pandone

Grandmaster
You always a nab no matter if australiano brothers and flube are in ur guild, you still a normal player that talk shit cause your guildmates are pro. Admit it

Last edited by a moderator:

Rusty Hart

Grandmaster

the only pet that doesnt listen well would be a lvl 7 meta, all guard is not supposed to be an attack closest command. you will notice when somehting is not balanced in pvp on UO whenever people start using one template. and as of lately with the remount thing like it is. it has been PvPng with pets.

which is lame. i know your guild loves it though

FAMARA

Grandmaster
the only pet that doesnt listen well would be a lvl 7 meta, all guard is not supposed to be an attack closest command. you will notice when somehting is not balanced in pvp on UO whenever people start using one template. and as of lately with the remount thing like it is. it has been PvPng with pets.

which is lame. i know your guild loves it though

i dont know why ur quoting me lol, i said it needs to work for pvm simple as that. or it will hurt pvm. i agree with you its very imbalanced with pvp right now, and u SHOULDNT be able to mount in combat.

maybe i killed u earlier. cuz u dont understand what im typing now. ill call u IOCEAN instead of itame cuz ur full of salt right now.

CAPTUN AUSTRALIA

Grandmaster
Holy fuck you're ********. Meta Relics do NOT work in pvp, No one said shit about pve.. /thread done you're beyond help

Meta Relics do WORK in pvp.

If quicksilver goes off on a mob, then it also goes off on a player - i've seen and had instant death from it.

To me, Meta pets seem to be more crazy than a 7x drag in pvp, maybe considering their magery is higher they FS more? and the damage is always in the upper end of the cap because of the high magery? Likewise the higher wrestling etc makes them hit more? **I could be wrong here, but just an observation, but they do weaken/clumsy etc for 12-14 depending on the magery**

I think a bigger issue is the instant remount macros people are using on mares. The fact they instant cast and sometimes instant FB if loaded from a .5 of a second dismount/mount is beyond ********. I think they should add a cool-down for casting spells when you dismount (2 seconds?) and FB should get reset every time they mount/dismount.

Pandone

Grandmaster

If quicksilver goes off on a mob, then it also goes off on a player - i've seen and had instant death from it.

To me, Meta pets seem to be more crazy than a 7x drag in pvp, maybe considering their magery is higher they FS more? and the damage is always in the upper end of the cap because of the high magery? Likewise the higher wrestling etc makes them hit more? **I could be wrong here, but just an observation, but they do weaken/clumsy etc for 12-14 depending on the magery**

I think a bigger issue is the instant remount macros people are using on mares. The fact they instant cast and sometimes instant FB if loaded from a .5 of a second dismount/mount is beyond ********. I think they should add a cool-down for casting spells when you dismount (2 seconds?) and FB should get reset every time they mount/dismount.
But you still pk tamer 1v1 and meele a metapet right??

Kilike

Grandmaster

You should read the convo before trying to put your two cents in.
Sure I said relic but we're also talking about Meta tali relics. Because he said soon we will hear everyone complain that meta dexxers are to strong in pvp.. Then went on to say OH there relics so op pvp. nabbi nab or some shit.

NoXXeD

Grandmaster
You should read the convo before trying to put your two cents in.
Sure I said relic but we're also talking about Meta tali relics. Because he said soon we will hear everyone complain that meta dexxers are to strong in pvp.. Then went on to say OH there relics so op pvp. nabbi nab or some shit.

Dexxer relics don't work in PVP. There needs to be a over haul in Pets Vs Players. Its becoming ridiculous.